PDA

View Full Version : When is a brand too cool?

AllanB
18th October 2009, 14:36
For a while now I've been thinking something ........

Now regardless of how you feel about Harleys, there is no doubt that they are globally cool bikes.
Even the most hunchbacked of sport-bike riders secretly, deep-down somewhere inside their high octane fueled souls want to pack a bed roll and a big breasted gal, and head out for a bit of that Harley D freedom on the open road.

For a long time the Harley brand has been king of coolness.

BUT

I believe there has been a turning ....

The English have added a extra lump of sugar to their tea, injected more froth into their warm beer, and tally-ho chaps I do believe TRIUMPH is now the coolest of brands.

There may be many reasons for this and I'd be interested to see if others feel the same.

To me it has been the overdose of glam at a HD corporate induced level - the dealerships are now more like a stylish Italian clothing store than a bike shop. Nary a hint of a burnout left on the floors or even a bit of rebel.
Bloody nice bikes, but I feel like I should be wearing an Armani suit when I walk into my local. They have lost some of their rebel yell.

Triumph however has kept a bit of the rough - you are still in a bike shop - you know you can talk bike shit in there no matter what you ride, just as long as you are riding something. The shops still have a smell of .... history.

So is there a new king of cool?

Big Dave
18th October 2009, 14:42
If you ever get cool enough for the answers we'll let you know. :-P

Kickaha
18th October 2009, 14:48
Even the most hunchbacked of sport-bike riders secretly, deep-down somewhere inside their high octane fueled souls want to pack a bed roll and a big breasted gal, and head out for a bit of that Harley D freedom on the open road.

I think you need to reduce your medication

Big Dave
18th October 2009, 14:57
We are being a bit cruel.

I describe it as the 'feel good'. Some brands have it some don't - it depends what you relate to as to what buttons they push.

I get by knowing that any motorcycle is cooler with me on it. :cool:

Kickaha
18th October 2009, 14:59
I get by knowing that any motorcycle is cooler with me on it. :cool:

You two must be sharing the same pills, because you're both clearly delusional, what colour is the sky on the planet you live on?

AllanB
18th October 2009, 15:02
I think you need to reduce your medication

I take the weekends off my medication.

I find it helps me view my rides with better clarity - every corner feels like the sun has exploded and the laws of gravity no longer apply to me, the straights morph into high speed tunnel vision, like you are viewing them from inside the first bubble being forced from the needle point of a crack-whores syringe.

And that's just heading out of the drive in first gear ..........

See Honda's can be cool too :2thumbsup

Big Dave
18th October 2009, 15:05
You two must be sharing the same pills, because you're both clearly delusional, what colour is the sky on the planet you live on?

Kuzbain. You should see the sun rise and where it shines.

AllanB
18th October 2009, 15:06
what colour is the sky on the planet you live on?

Mostly a diarreah coloured brown - this is what happens to natures colour pallet when speed mixes all the primary colours together.

And Dave - my 'feel good' feelings should probably not be posted on KB .... there may be children reading.

nallac
18th October 2009, 15:09
See Honda's can be cool too :2thumbsup

Bwhahahahahaha.......

jackie
19th October 2009, 01:33
So is there a new king of cool?