PDA

View Full Version : Night Speed Drag Wars 09/10

Fat Rat
18th October 2009, 16:39
THE ROADS NO RACE TRACK

Proudly presents the Fram Autolite Dragway's NSDW 09/10 season....

Spring Season:
Summer Season:
6th November 2009
19th February 2010
20th November 2009
12th March 2010
11th December 2009
26th March 2010

Gate Admission: $15

Race Entry: $30 or $10 with a sportsman licence ($75 and valid for 1 year)

Must have current WOF and rego.

Gates open at 5PM

Hope to see all the regulars and newbies there!!

BASS-TREBLE
18th October 2009, 17:05
Where is it?
What classes does it have?

Supertwin Don
19th October 2009, 03:03
My Top Gas class bike should be arriving in NZ late Jan/early Feb, what hoops will I have to jump through to run at the March event?
(non road legal bike)
I have a current UK ACU National Level licence, and the bike has been running in the Supertwins series for the past few years running mid 10's.

Ant info/help appreciated

Richard
19th October 2009, 09:14
Hi
Don...Post your question up on DragbikeNZ forum and you will be able to talk with Ian H.
He will be tech inspecting your bike and Dean Veale is your new comp bike rep. So between them they should be able to answer any questions.
Richard

Fat Rat
19th October 2009, 19:03
Where is it?
What classes does it have?

Fram Autolite Dragway is located on state highway 1 in Meremere, which is 10 mins south of the Bombay's.

There is only one motorbike class and seven car classes, i.e 4wd turbo, 2wd turbo, V8 etc.

The motorbike class is DYO, which is a handcap format of racing, so the slower of the two bikes leaves first and then it's first bike to the finish line (without going faster than your dial in time) that wins the race.:2thumbsup

rebel
20th October 2009, 01:11
Will be attending the 6th November meeting. One question... do they do licence checks there?

Morcs
20th October 2009, 07:16
Will be attending the 6th November meeting. One question... do they do licence checks there?

Yes.

I managed to race once whilst disqualified though, I just gave them my UK license lol.

Chrislost
2nd November 2009, 20:07
Does one need a headlight?

Fat Rat
4th November 2009, 14:15
Does one need a headlight?

If the bike ain't up to WOF standards you can't race sorry :crybaby:

Fat Rat
5th November 2009, 14:16
yes the weather is shit in the 09 today...but is looking better for tomorrow.

If you are racing, get there as early as possible as it is big on the first NSDW and there is a cut off of 250 vechiles racing. Scrutineering shuts at 8.30pm.

If you are unsure if racing is on or not phone 0800dragracing and find out :Punk:

Chrislost
5th November 2009, 21:28
If the bike ain't up to WOF standards you can't race sorry :crybaby:

What if one were to have a race bike...
From memory there was a light at the finish line?

Qkchk
5th November 2009, 21:31
If I wasn't flying back from the SI, would of been keen.

May consider the other 2 nights..... :shifty:

Lula
7th November 2009, 08:42
Went and checked it out last night. Very interesting to watch and the guys racing are a very helpful and friendly bunch, if you're not sure how it works they'll explain.
There was a newbie giving it a go and he didn't do too badly - next time it will be my turn :yes:

Next meeting is 20th Nov: www.dragwars.co.nz

Morcs
7th November 2009, 09:16
If I wasn't flying back from the SI, would of been keen.

May consider the other 2 nights..... :shifty:

Lemme know, im keen, just everyone else is too lazy and can never be fooked cruising down on me tod.

pocketcracker
8th November 2009, 22:35
nice turn out guys ...get a few runs in and praccy ill b down to dominate asap! LOL ! ... the gxxr hasen't moved in approx 3 months or more .. busted wrist !

Sidewinder
8th November 2009, 22:36
what at meremere?

Lula
9th November 2009, 10:25
what at meremere?

Yeap at Meremere - next meeting is 20th Nov: www.dragwars.co.nz

rebel
16th November 2009, 18:14
Whats the requirement for us bikers? Do we need full leathers, or will that codura gear do? Do they turn away those on 6L/R if they are on a bigger bike? A few of us are going down this Friday, just want to be prepared, the dragwars site isn't very informative. Cheers.

Lula
16th November 2009, 20:36
Whats the requirement for us bikers? Do we need full leathers, or will that codura gear do? Do they turn away those on 6L/R if they are on a bigger bike? A few of us are going down this Friday, just want to be prepared, the dragwars site isn't very informative. Cheers.

Leathers are best but I don't think they stipulate what you need to be wearing. I'm not sure about the licence requirement - they do want to sight it and know the make and model of your bike.

You'll need to be rego'd and warrented. I recommend getting there early enough to get your bike scrutineered - last meeting there where 210 cars entered.

If still in doubt I'd contact them via www.dragwars.co.nz

Might see you there.

Fat Rat
17th November 2009, 14:06

Cordura gear is ok.....

Fat Rat
17th November 2009, 14:09
Weather is looking good for this friday.

Be great to see a lot more bikes there. If you have never done this before don't be shy, come down and I gaurantee you will love it. No biker has ever said that they don't like riding their bikes as fast as they can.....:eek:

rebel
17th November 2009, 18:33
Weather is looking good for this friday.

Be great to see a lot more bikes there. If you have never done this before don't be shy, come down and I gaurantee you will love it. No biker has ever said that they don't like riding their bikes as fast as they can.....:eek:

Cheers, my mates just pulled out the slack bastards, do you guys meet up on the way there, like BP Papakura for example?

revlikeshit
17th November 2009, 18:58
Restricted is all g, i use to race when i was still on restricted, seen a guy run on learners too.
Ran a oldskoool gsx750 on my restricted for one round too.

Will be there with a few others, might just go watch this time round.
Black 07 zx6r and blue 05 zx636 come say hi peeps.

Fat Rat
17th November 2009, 19:19
Cheers, my mates just pulled out the slack bastards, do you guys meet up on the way there, like BP Papakura for example?

Not sure if any one meets up beforehand....i think most just make their way down to the track.

Once scrutineered the bikes park up between the eatery and the staging lanes.

Crazy Steve
21st November 2009, 11:53
Anyone know who won this last night ? ?

Crazy Steve.

Lula
22nd November 2009, 11:14
Some pics from the last meeting...next one is on the 4th Dec

Lula
22nd November 2009, 11:23
More pics...

Fat Rat
30th November 2009, 16:24
Some pics from the last meeting...next one is on the 4th Dec

That date is incorrect sorry Lula......next meeting is the 11th December

Lula
30th November 2009, 20:44
That date is incorrect sorry Lula......next meeting is the 11th December

Thanks for that you're right the website www.dragwars.co.nz has the last meeting for the spring season on the 11th Dec then the summer season kicks off on the 10th Feb :scooter:

pocketcracker
8th December 2009, 22:09
grrr cant wait ..i think i have correct amount of strenght in my wrist now to tame the best in a semi straight line HEHEHE ! ... awsome see so many bikes , hope simular amount if not more next time im down its ok boys n girls dont be scared i don't bite ..HEHEHE

Crazy Steve
11th December 2009, 13:27
Anyone going today gates open at 5pm ?

Lastnight of the Summer series and I hear a Famous KB is on the lead !

Crazy Steve.

Crazy Steve
12th December 2009, 12:22
Anyone know who won this lastnight ?

Apparently there was a bike that Crashed at massive speed !

Crazy Steve.

revlikeshit
14th December 2009, 17:05
Actualy was last night of spring series, summer series is feb onwards.

Fat Rat
16th February 2010, 16:45
First of the Summer Series NSDW this Friday 19th February......

Hope to see as many bikes as possible there!!

carver
21st February 2010, 07:24
I was there...
23 sec...
80kph....
On my GF's yamaha Jog