PDA

View Full Version : BIKEOI - Accommodation - Enroute - Akld/Welly

Mom
18th October 2009, 20:22
No dates confirmed yet but...

It will happen :yes:

Dont ever ask for a job folks, or you get one :D

Not sure at this stage the route for the BIKEOI from Auckland, but suffice it to say it is heading south down the main highway. This is an open ride and will hopefully have riders from all skill levels. Some will not be able/comfortable to ride all the way to Wellington in one trip and will need a stop along the way.

For those of you mid-island can I please have a show of hands from anyone that is prepared to offer up a bed to one or two or five cold, tired bikers from far flung areas for a night. By bed I mean; bed/couch/sofa/camp stretcher/floor space. Will they need to feed themselves, or maybe throw a couple of $$ in towards food?

Can I please have an indication of what is on offer, how many you can host, do they need to have sleeping bags etc?

Also, can anyone suggest pay for the night acommodation that will accept a bunch of non-confrontational, really tired bikers that simply want a hot shower and a place to crash for the night? Places to eat? Marae's?

Phone numbers would be really helpful, though if you want to make a call first I would appreciate it too.

wingrider
18th October 2009, 20:26
See the Wellington Bikoi thread.
I am offering sleepover accommodation at the motel

Mom
18th October 2009, 20:37
See the Wellington Bikoi thread.
I am offering sleepover accommodation at the motel

Thank you so much for that, I am hoping this thread will be a resource thread for all acommodation on offer.

I have not had a chance to go hunting for the offers that have already been made, I will spend some time attempting to gather all those up into here. Hopefully people will repost their offers in here too :D

klingon
19th October 2009, 20:35
Humpity bump.

Ooops. Maybe I shouldn't have said that in a thread that's asking for bed-sharing arrangements... :o

dogsnbikes
19th October 2009, 20:56
can offer Accomadation in Wanganui(H not required) for anyone

have 3 singles 1 queen 3 couches and the floor plenty of room and off street parking

Mom
19th October 2009, 21:04
can offer Accomadation in Wanganui(H not required) for anyone

have 3 singles 1 queen 3 couches and the floor plenty of room and off street parking

Awesome, thank you! You never know what route people may want to take on the way to Welly, heaven help us, I know of one member that may even make the journey via Cape Reinga just because it is there and he felt like a pootle :yes:

dogsnbikes
19th October 2009, 21:10
If Im home I will whip a kia if Im at work fend for yourselfs but Melissa will be around

StoneY
19th October 2009, 21:32
Awesome, thank you! You never know what route people may want to take on the way to Welly, heaven help us, I know of one member that may even make the journey via Cape Reinga just because it is there and he felt like a pootle :yes:

And they aint sweet fuck all off the main route anyway, turn right at marton OR take the Parapara's, (i know what i would choose muwahahahaha)

The side effect of the BIKOI is many folk will see roads thye would not otherwise see

:)

wynw
22nd October 2009, 21:13
Anyone else from Whangarei or Northland planning on going?