PDA

View Full Version : BIKEOI. Frequently asked questions

Ixion
18th October 2009, 20:27
Well, actually they’re not FAQ, ‘cos most of them haven’t been asked at all. But I’m sure they will be. I may add to this as things develop. If you ahve a question that you think should be added, post it up and I'll (probably) add it. Or any questions about the questions.
<o></o>
BIKOI ? Woz it mean ? <o></o>
It’s like a hikoi (Google it) but on bikes<o></o>
<o></o>
So, wot is it then.
A bunch of bikers are going to ride down to <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Wellington</st1></st1:city> and try to put the fear of the Biker Gods into the politicians that want to hike our rego fees. Bikers may join the BIKOI along the way , and ride with it, either all the way, or just for a bit<o></o>
<o></o>
So, it’s a fast blast to Welly?<o></o>
NO. They will be riding very safely and legally. And quite slow. And stopping in towns along the way to distribute leaflets etc<o></o>
<o></o>
When we get there, can I give the bastards the bash ?<o></o>
NO. Violence is not the answer (even in this case). BRONZ and KB do not condone violence<o></o>
<o></o>
I’ve not been riding long and I’ve only got a little bike . Can I come too?
Yes, certainly. It will not be a fast pace and there will be other riders to keep an eye on you. PM the coordinator for your region. <o></o><o></o>
So, when is it<o></o>
TBA. Early to Mid November <o></o>
<o></o>
How will I know where it starts and such like<o></o>
Keep on eye on the Regional BIKOI thread for your area. There’s one for most areas. If there isn’t it’s because we haven’t been able to force someone into taking on the Regional Coordinator role for your area. Thank you for volunteering. <o></o>
<o></o>
So, this is being organised by BRONZ then ? Or KiwiBiker ? I’m confused<o></o>
The question of BRONZ involvement is still to be decided. It is perhaps unlikely that BRONZ will wish to take on the detailed organisation of a national ride. They don’t have the resource, and they don’t have the people outside <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Auckland</st1></st1:city>. BRONZ may (still to be decided, probably on Oct 21) take on the public facing organisation – dealing with authorities , fielding press queries and so on. Mainly because BRONZ has an established presence (a website, they’re in official contact lists and so on) and a lot of authorities prefer to deal with an ‘official’ organisation. If BRONZ doesn’t want to front it, it will be done entirely through KB<o></o>
<o></o>
So, it’s gonna happen, regardless?<o></o>
That’s up to YOU. The BIKOI is YOUR chance to show how you feel. If you want it to happen it will. If you don’t, it won’t.<o></o>
<o></o>
I got dynamite! Can I blow shit up along the way?<o></o>
NO. Violence is not the answer (even in this case). BRONZ and KB do not condone violence<o></o>
<o></o>
I can’t make it to <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Wellington</st1></st1:city>. But I do want to take part<o></o>
All good. There will be Regional BIKOI in each region (at least one main one, maybe several others), for those who can’t make the trip to <st1:city w:st="on"><st1> Wellington</st1></st1:city>. Check your Regional thread for forthcoming activity (Or the Meetings and Events forum, or calendar) <o></o>
<o></o>
So , who are these Coordinator dudes ?<o></o>
They are KBers who have volunteered to take on the task of organising the BIKOI (national and regional) within a region. Contact them (or check the regional thread) if you want to know anything about how it’s going to go down in your region<o></o>
<o></o>
So, who’s actually in charge of it?<o></o>
Noone really. The regional coordinators will be in charge of activity in their own region. Somewhere along the line , a national coordinator will be volunteered (which will not be me, BTW – organisation is not my thing, I’m more spontaneous chaos) to coordinate the National level activity. That MAY be BRONZ , or may not. This question will be updated when that is clarified. But there won’t be anyone “in charge”<o></o>
<o></o>
Is this an “organised group ride”<o></o>
Not really. The regional BIKOIs, or the contingent riding from each region to the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1></st1></st1:city><st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Wellington</st1></st1:city> assembly may want to set themselves up as a group ride. That’s up to them. Other regions may just ask riders to make their own way to an assembly point. Check your regional thread for details. <o></o>
<o></o>
What about stunts?<o></o>
NO, Just NO.<o></o>
<o></o>
Will I get my picture in the papers.<o></o>
Maybe . <o></o>
<o></o>
Who’s going to sort out accommodation?<o></o>
You. Unless the coordinator in your region sorts something out. We are trying to get a list made of all the likely places in <st1:city w:st="on"><st1> </st1></st1:city>and along the way. But, it’s down to you to sort yourself out. This isn’t an organised ride like Ulysses.<o></o>
<o></o>
What happens if I bin?
Don’t . Just DON’T, OK<o></o>
<o></o>
I don’t have a bike OR my friend/wife/partner/goat wants to come along. Can I/they come along in a car.<o></o>
Sure. We want all the support we can get.<o></o>
<o></o>
So when does all this start ?<o></o>
It already has . First ( admittedly small) BIKOI was in <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Auckland</st1:city></st1> on the 18 Oct<o></o>
<o></o>
Is this going to be like a rally with lots of booze, and burnouts, and fires and stuff?<o></o>
No. Definitely not. Sorry, everybody must be on their best behaviour.<o></o><o></o><o>
</o>

TerminalAddict
18th October 2009, 20:33
sweet work !!! can I quote you to my locals ?? :)

I'm going to drop some shit (info etc) in the bike store this week

Ixion
18th October 2009, 20:38
sweet work !!! can I quote you to my locals ?? :)

I'm going to drop some shit (info etc) in the bike store this week

Sure. We also need someone to put together a flyer/leaflet for general public consumption. That we can drop of in towns along the way, and give to people thta we may inconvenience , explaining what we are doing and why.

TerminalAddict
18th October 2009, 20:40
meh .. maybe I'll get my publisher on tomorrow :)

Can I use BRONZ/Kiwibiker/insert name here/ stuff on ther leaflet?

is BRONZ/KB "officially" connected with this?

ynot slow
18th October 2009, 20:42
Also it goes without saying,we want all bikes rego,wof,no riding outside license guidelines,nothing to give ammunition to media about wheelies etc along the way.

TerminalAddict
18th October 2009, 20:45
Also it goes without saying,we want all bikes rego,wof,no riding outside license guidelines,nothing to give ammunition to media about wheelies etc along the way.

*cough* carver *cough*

Ixion
18th October 2009, 20:47
meh .. maybe I'll get my publisher on tomorrow :)

Can I use BRONZ/Kiwibiker/insert name here/ stuff on ther leaflet?

is BRONZ/KB "officially" connected with this?

Um. Good questions. We won't know if BRONZ is "officially" connected until Wednesday night, so I can't really answer until then if we can use the name

For the KB name, PM Spankme and ask him. I'm thinking he'll be fine with it, but it's his call.

I think I'd say that neither BRONZ nor KB are "officially " connected. (What's "official" ?) . I'd suspect that KB never will, it's not really an "official" sort of thing. BRONZ maybe, we'll know by Thursday

Naki Rat
18th October 2009, 20:47
May I suggest that those with radar detectors leave them at home or keep them well out of sight. Just thinking public image here.

Ixion
18th October 2009, 20:49
*cough* carver *cough*

I think Mr Carver may be appointed Master at Arms to see that nobody does anything naughty. Thanks for volunteering Carver (Ever hear the old saying "poacher turned gamekeeper" ? )

TerminalAddict
18th October 2009, 21:24
Um. Good questions. We won't know if BRONZ is "officially" connected until Wednesday night, so I can't really answer until then if we can use the name

For the KB name, PM Spankme and ask him. I'm thinking he'll be fine with it, but it's his call.

I think I'd say that neither BRONZ nor KB are "officially " connected. (What's "official" ?) . I'd suspect that KB never will, it's not really an "official" sort of thing. BRONZ maybe, we'll know by Thursday

meh ...
tried sending to spankme:

SpankMe has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

I'm going to *try* and make it on wednesday