PDA

View Full Version : West Coast: Greymouth street race - Road report

steve74
19th October 2009, 09:34
Hey guys, in an attempt to ensure all you boys and girls riding to the event get here safely i thought i would give you a little heads up on the road conditions. I Did the loop from greymouth - blenhiem - nelson and across to christchurch in the last few days and the roads are pretty good.

we have a record 143 riders and a massive line up so we dont want you missing it. So ride sensibly and safely.

THE BIG ONE!!

Please be verry carefull of the entry and exit to the teramakau road rail bridge when coming from chch or down south. It catchs bikers out on a weekly basis and especially if its raining.

From Canterbury
From arthurs pass to the viaduct there is resealing so lots of gravel. you may have to dodge some big holes that you could loose a mini in but nothing too bad.

From Blenhiem to nelson
A lot of heavy rain on the hill has caused slips and washouts but most are well signposted and will probably be gone by the weekend.

Coast road
For those heading down from nelson via westport and the coast road there are a few small slips around barrytown but nothing major.

If anyone wants to ad anything then please do!! - Lets prove those ACC bastards wrong!!

cheers, steve

chelseapar
19th October 2009, 09:40
Can join race? Nsr 250 SP.
No try past. Want famous race.

Bardman
20th October 2009, 07:25
Thanks for the heads up Steve, Weather looking good for satdy and race day, Great for the guys racing and for those riding to grey, only 5 more sleeps:2thumbsup:beer:

snodpete
25th October 2009, 15:49
Beaut ride down the coast this morning for a few hours witnessing noise and mayhem in the wild streets of Greymouth (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/album.php?albumid=2829).