PDA

View Full Version : Anti cruising law

Pages : [1] 2

ready4whatever
21st October 2009, 17:51
soo apparently you can get a fine now for 'cruising' up and down the same road in your car. what fuckin bullshit. i myself like going for drives for no real reason, doing the 'laps' as you call it, cause i like driving. im not causing any shit when i do. but they go and make it illegal. i hate the government. you fuckin pigs

Dave Lobster
21st October 2009, 17:58
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Little cunts driving round and round and round with their bean can exhausts and loud radios really piss me off.

CookMySock
21st October 2009, 17:58
Just ignore them bro. When they write a ticket, laugh at them and throw it in the bin.

Don't get upset bro -thats what they are trying to do. Go back to your cool life and give them the finger.

Steve

YellowDog
21st October 2009, 18:02
I think the law is designed to address a patrticular age group with a certain type of vehicle :)

gatch
21st October 2009, 18:15
I think it would most likely be used as a tool by police to pummell boy racers more when they want them to fuck off home at night.. If your out cruising around and not being a cock I dont think there would be much of a problem..

McJim
21st October 2009, 18:16
Would never have been made illegal if the "car enthusiasts" had not gone out of their way to annoy the voting public.

Daft bastards (the "car enthusiasts".)

Lets just hope we can endear the voting public to our ACC cause (rather than piss them off and force the gubbermint to be nasty to us for votes)

Note the use of inverted commas. I am of course referring to boi ricers and not to REAL car enthusiasts like myself who appreciate Jags, Lambos, Ferraris, Koenigseggs, McLaren F1s and other tasty pieces of performance metal.

ready4whatever
21st October 2009, 18:37

Little cunts driving round and round and round with their bean can exhausts and loud radios really piss me off.

yeah but thats a whole new kettle of fish. the cruising bill doesnt mention anything about causing havoc. theres present laws for that anyway

ready4whatever
21st October 2009, 18:39
boi ricers..... and not to REAL car enthusiasts like myself who appreciate Jags, Lambos, Ferraris, Koenigseggs, McLaren F1s and other tasty pieces of performance metal.

im a fan of jappa rally cars. i dont act dangerously on the road, leave it for the track

peasea
21st October 2009, 19:11
I think it would most likely be used as a tool by police to pummell boy racers more when they want them to fuck off home at night.. If your out cruising around and not being a cock I dont think there would be much of a problem..

You're probably right (in theory) but don't put it past some over-zealous revenue gatherer to ticket someone in a lowered whatever who has just done their second lap looking for a park.

However, I'd say for the most part the cops will be targeting those who push the envelope. Best just to avoid them.

huff3r
21st October 2009, 19:41
Umm, the laws are actually not forbidding cruising, just allowing for bylaws banning cruising to be made. Those bylaws havent yet been made, so at the moment you're still sweet. And it specifically mentions you have to be cruising in a style intended to draw attention to the noise or power of your vehicle, so unless ur dragging from one set of lights to the next you should be sweet anyways :2thumbsup

Ramius
21st October 2009, 19:41
Finally passed the bill! The cars will be crushed...but only if there are 3 serious offences in 4 years! It is expected 10 cars per year will be crushed.

Is it just me, or does this law miss the mark somewhere, I mean, 10 cars per year? The american government puts down more prisoners per year than that.:argh:

zjet
21st October 2009, 19:42
Heres some scary news about the new Law.

You can be pinged "driving - cruising" the is no where in the act that it states this is for "cars" alone.
Poker runs and rides could be classed as a cruise.

Also there is no definition of the 3 offences before they can take your (car-bike) this pretty much means 3 speeding tickets in a 4 year time frame and you to could have your car or bike crushed.

This act is wide open and messy as hell, I,m on both sides of the fence as i have been known to be in the "boyracer scene" and also ride bikes.

zjet
21st October 2009, 19:45
Umm, the laws are actually not forbidding cruising, just allowing for bylaws banning cruising to be made. Those bylaws havent yet been made, so at the moment you're still sweet. And it specifically mentions you have to be cruising in a style intended to draw attention to the noise or power of your vehicle, so unless ur dragging from one set of lights to the next you should be sweet anyways :2thumbsup

I have meet to many young bullet proof police men to put my faith in a open ended sentance like "cruising in a style intended to draw attention to the noise or power of your vehicle"

huff3r
21st October 2009, 19:47
Heres some scary news about the new Law.

You can be pinged "driving - cruising" the is no where in the act that it states this is for "cars" alone.
Poker runs and rides could be classed as a cruise.

Also there is no definition of the 3 offences before they can take your (car-bike) this pretty much means 3 speeding tickets in a 4 year time frame and you to could have your car or bike crushed.

This act is wide open and messy as hell, I,m on both sides of the fence as i have been known to be in the "boyracer scene" and also ride bikes.

As i just pointed out, cruising is defined as

repeated circling of the same section of road in a manner that draws attention to the power or noise of a vehicle.

And as for the crushing, the judges will require serious offences, so it wont be speeding. It'll be dangerous driving, reckless driving, intentional loss of traction, etc that get cars crushed.

huff3r
21st October 2009, 19:49
I have meet to many young bullet proof police men to put my faith in a open ended sentance like "cruising in a style intended to draw attention to the noise or power of your vehicle"

And thats why the police have an appeals and internal inquiry process. I've met several reasonable cops who no doubt would never actually end up pulling anyone up for "cruising".

Drunken Monkey
21st October 2009, 19:55
No m'lud, I was just driving slowly down Tamaki drive to McDonalds. When I got there, the smell reminded me how much I hated Maccers, so I turned me Evo 'round and headed back to Mission Bay for an Ice-Cream. By the time I got to Mission Bay, I rememb'd that I meant to pop in to Hobby City to buy a die cast model. When I got back to Hobby City, my golly but didn't I feel like a fool, they aren't even open at 1a.m., so I turned around and headed back to Mission Bay for that Ice-Cream...

Prove I'm lying...

Hitcher
21st October 2009, 19:59
I think the law is designed to address a patrticular age group with a certain type of vehicle

No shit Sherlock.

scumdog
21st October 2009, 20:00
soo apparently you can get a fine now for 'cruising' up and down the same road in your car. what fuckin bullshit. i myself like going for drives for no real reason, doing the 'laps' as you call it, cause i like driving. im not causing any shit when i do. but they go and make it illegal. i hate the government. you fuckin pigs

Yup, us 'fuckin pigs' WANTED that law, we MADE it and now we're gonne ENFORCE it.:rolleyes:

Enjoy.:devil2:

zjet
21st October 2009, 20:03
Huff3r
Did you read all of the bill ? your right in sentance def but wrong about the offence's it states
"““traffic offence means—

“(a) any offence against the Transport Act 1962, the Road User Charges Act 1977, the Transport (Vehicle and Driver Registration and Licensing) Act 1986, or the Land Transport Act 1998, or against any regulation or bylaw made under any of those Acts:

“(b) any offence against any regulation or bylaw made under any other Act if the offence relates to the use of motor vehicles or parking places or transport stations
means—"

I could be wrong but "traffic offence" would include speeding tickets.

In regards to the police issuse, I to have meet my fair share of awsome good coppers, but which cops do you think get stuck with the late night shifts, its (atleast in my exericance" been often the younger cops out of police college that have been very hard to deal with.

ready4whatever
21st October 2009, 20:03
I am a genuine car enthusiast. I've owned a couple turbo subarus. one being a wrx and one a forester. I've never got a ticket for anything cause i dont use it to race or act a fool in them, i'd rather pull the chicks. my next car will be an evo 4 or 5. im 20, male and caucasion. splitting image of a boy racer. thats why im freakin at these stupid laws. of course im gonna get tarred with that boy racer brush when im seen cruising around

Beemer
21st October 2009, 20:05
Jesus, with parking as scarce as it is in Wellington, you'd get done for cruising every time you wanted to find a park!

And I like driving my Corvette around the square in Palmerston North so am I in danger of losing it?

zjet
21st October 2009, 20:14
Jesus, with parking as scarce as it is in Wellington, you'd get done for cruising every time you wanted to find a park!

And I like driving my Corvette around the square in Palmerston North so am I in danger of losing it?

They have to prove yes that you where showing off its power or noise. (nice car by the way)
My only issuse with this is i,ve have been in a court room on a charge that was a strech of the turth because a cop had a smoking hot blond in the car and he wanted to show off his power (taking my car off me).
I was lucky that the judge heard my case and I was still stung but half the norm.
Point is trying to tell a court room the boy in blue wasn't being the saint they are, it called justice i believe.
"Again i have alot of respect for the good cops out there not all are prats"

mynameis
21st October 2009, 20:18

Meeeooooowwww....

Just ignore them bro. When they write a ticket, laugh at them and throw it in the bin.

Don't get upset bro -thats what they are trying to do. Go back to your cool life and give them the finger.

Steve

:confused:

+1

mynameis
21st October 2009, 20:18

+1

Apparently they are called little homie G's.

Suuuup bowww..

Hitcher
21st October 2009, 20:29
I am a genuine car enthusiast. I've owned a couple turbo subarus. one being a wrx and one a forester. I've never got a ticket for anything cause i dont use it to race or act a fool in them, i'd rather pull the chicks. my next car will be an evo 4 or 5. im 20, male and caucasion. splitting image of a boy racer. thats why im freakin at these stupid laws. of course im gonna get tarred with that boy racer brush when im seen cruising around

If you walk like a duck, talk like a duck and look like a duck, then stay home during duck season. It's not rocket science.

Flip
21st October 2009, 20:33
Well speaking as someone who lives just ouside Christchurch I would say some thing like 'Please Mr Rozzer crush as many of those little cunts cars as you can get your hands on and don't stop until they have got the fucking message through their thick little thick heads'.

Can I watch some POS subaru going into the crusher, please? You could sell tickets down here.

In my book it is a great law. Good hunting lads.

yod
21st October 2009, 20:38
I had the utter joy of hearing one little no-hoper with an exhaust the size of a small horse cane the bejesus out of his shitheap from our street, followed by the sound of him revving the nuts off it as he attempted to drift it through the next right hander, and finally the enormously staisfying sound of him over correcting and binning it into the ONLY 6 foot concrete wall in the entire street

he didn't drive it home :rofl:

sil3nt
21st October 2009, 20:39
Can we buy grandstand seats to watch the cars get crushed? :jerry:

mynameis
21st October 2009, 20:42
I had the utter joy of hearing one little no-hoper with an exhaust the size of a small horse cane the bejesus out of his shitheap from our street, followed by the sound of him revving the nuts off it as he attempted to drift it through the next right hander, and finally the enormously staisfying sound of him over correcting and binning it into the ONLY 6 foot concrete wall in the entire street

he didn't drive it home :rofl:

Pictures and youtube buddy :D

Crushing cars, would hurt...

Hitcher
21st October 2009, 20:44
Wouldn't it be great if boi racers couldn't finance their cars unless they had comprehensive insurance and were paying an extra $750 ACC fees with their registration?

CookMySock
21st October 2009, 20:49
Would never have been made illegal if the "car enthusiasts" had not gone out of their way to annoy the voting public.Who said it was intentional? How do you know this?

You see, this is three quarters of the problem. The same thing happens to bikers too... cagers see a biker splitting somewhere and are suddenly outraged at this heinous crime being foist on all of society, and project that the biker is intentionally doing this to specifically irritate other motorists. Of course, this only partially incorrect, lol.

Ok ok, I agree two kilowatt subwoofers at 2am can be irritating, but cmon these guys are kids, and they do stupid random shit, like kids do. Noisy biker zorsts at 2am are irritating too, so we should consider ourselves lucky its not bikers that are targetted.

Leave the boy racers alone I reckon. They have such a colourful alternate society going.. let them be.

Steve

Flip
21st October 2009, 20:57
Who said it was intentional? How do you know this?

You see, this is three quarters of the problem. The same thing happens to bikers too... cagers see a biker splitting somewhere and are suddenly outraged at this heinous crime being foist on all of society, and project that the biker is intentionally doing this to specifically irritate other motorists. Of course, this only partially incorrect, lol.

Ok ok, I agree two kilowatt subwoofers at 2am can be irritating, but cmon these guys are kids, and they do stupid random shit, like kids do. Noisy biker zorsts at 2am are irritating too, so we should consider ourselves lucky its not bikers that are targetted.

Leave the boy racers alone I reckon. They have such a colourful alternate society going.. let them be.

Steve

You are kidding?

Ask the family of the last folk who were killed by illegal street racing here in christchurch recently. Or when hundreds of the little cunts invade your neighbourhood at 2 am. When you get up and find the little ass holes have been throwing bottles out of cars and your winscreen has been smashed. When you ride to work and find that the road has been covered in diesel and used as a burn out pad. When you have to go out in the morning and clean up the mess and crap these wankers leave behind.

This is simply criminal behaviour. CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH.

Hitcher
21st October 2009, 20:57
let them be.

If they weren't getting a free ride from overly indulgent parents, finance companies and a legislative framework that lets them do what they want without consequences, I'd agree with you.

That's why I'm not a supporter of car crushing. The little fuckers don't own them anyway.

Flip
21st October 2009, 21:01
But they own the debt which will stop them or slow them up from getting another car.

McJim
21st October 2009, 21:04
im a fan of jappa rally cars. i dont act dangerously on the road, leave it for the track

YOU may not but there are 1000's who do. Blame them for the new law.

I used to love EVO VIIs and WRX cars too until I came to New Zealand and saw the connotations of owning one and the fucktards that drive them here. Back in the UK they are the preserve of the incredibly wealthy due to the insurance premiums they demand. Incredibly wealthy people don't like to lose money ('swhy they are wealthy) and are therefore better trained socially.

A lot of modified car drivers have such poor social skills that they are completely unaware of how much and why they have alienated the general voting public.

Hitcher
21st October 2009, 21:10
But they own the debt which will stop them or slow them up from getting another car.

I live in hope. I suspect that over-indulgent parents will come to their rescue.

McJim
21st October 2009, 21:11
I live in hope. I suspect that over-indulgent parents will come to their rescue.

How many cars will the over indulgent parents buy for them d'you think? "Oh Billy, that's the 4th car you've had crushed this year...are you sure you're doing nothing wrong?"

Animal
21st October 2009, 21:15
Why crush the car? Crush the wank-stain driving it instead. That'll drive the message home! ;)

Flip
21st October 2009, 21:16

That would be a very small upper middle class minority. Most of those POS are financed through car yards.

Hitcher
21st October 2009, 21:17
How can a 17-year-old on the dole afford the finance costs on a $15,000 Impreza and pay the costs of running it? Not to mention the costs of other essentials, like a cellphone with an unlimited txts? And Woodstocks. And a hot girlfriend called Dyson...

McWild
21st October 2009, 21:27
All those freaking out about being pinged for just going for a leisurely cruise.

If you are not being a knob you are highly unlikely to be pulled. If there is nobody drinking and partying inside the vehicle you are unlikely to be given a ticket in the event that you do get pulled over.

If you were genuinely being an upstanding human being just going for a nice drive and you do somehow find yourself ticketed then you have an incredibly strong defence in court.
The purpose of the act is not to penalise those just driving around, I think that given the context of it it's reasonably clear that the act is designed to discourage the aggressive behaviour exhibited by ricers dragging from light to light and yelling out of windows.

If you're going to look at stuff like this only in the literal meaning and just give a middle finger to context and purpose, then you might as well be saying that kids doing paper rounds are breaching it too.

ducatilover
21st October 2009, 21:27
Hitcher has a very good point. I'm a petrol head, I hate twats in stupid low four cylinders with fart cannons, crush them and the rancid pustule piloting said fart cannon equipped shit heap :mad:
I won't get labelled a boi wacer with a sensible car and a nice v8 toy/project because I will have both hands on the wheel, not my cock or my passengers shriveled member that must be flaunted to prove I am cool.
I'm sick of stupid cunts driving unsafe vehicles, or driving a perfectly good car at stupid speeds. Cruising doesn't worry me, just play Pink Floyd and it would be good. Perhaps some form of driver training is in order? :dodge:

ready4whatever
21st October 2009, 21:31
i've been there and done that. you see a nice car you want on trademe, you look at it, you want it, you walk into the bank and they give you up to 15 grand easily. well that was in 2007 im not sure if its harder now due to the global downturn.

Animal is right, it aint the car its the meathead behind the wheel. me riding in my cousins evo 2 with the 38 mm external wastegate Gready frontmount remapped ecu walbro fuelpump turbosmart boost tap is just as responsible as my mum in her mazda 2. put my cousin in the car though...
just remember we arent all boy racers

Right now i drive a 1996 mazda b2200 ute. havnt been pulled up in 2 years. 5 times i got pulled up the same night i picked my subaru up. harrasment i tell ya

Reckless
21st October 2009, 21:44
Wouldn't it be great if boi racers couldn't finance their cars unless they had comprehensive insurance and were paying an extra $750 ACC fees with their registration?

Everyone would probably call that discrimination Hitch!!
Unless its against bike owners aye!
OH! and if you had a work car and Classic car you'd have to pay that twice!!

ready4whatever
21st October 2009, 21:44
you guys leave steve alone, he lives in edgecumbe

MrE_MaN
21st October 2009, 21:47
You are kidding?

Ask the family of the last folk who were killed by illegal street racing here in christchurch recently. Or when hundreds of the little cunts invade your neighbourhood at 2 am. When you get up and find the little ass holes have been throwing bottles out of cars and your winscreen has been smashed. When you ride to work and find that the road has been covered in diesel and used as a burn out pad. When you have to go out in the morning and clean up the mess and crap these wankers leave behind.

This is simply criminal behaviour. CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH.

You are entirely correct. Illegal street racing is criminal behaviour. Noisy 'zorsts, illegal. Throwing bottles/vandalism is criminal behaviour. Putting diesel down on the road and doing burnouts? you guessed it! illegal too!

Creating a law to criminalise use of public roads that theyre driving up and down, that they pay their taxes to use(otherwise legally)?.. and crushing their cars if they so much as speed 3 times? [may have the details on that bit wrong but seems to be some ambiguity]. Guarantee Mr. Repeat DUI offender with a bunch of speeding tickets doesnt get his shitheap old ford/holden crushed, and he is far more of a waste of oxygen than the kids who still think going up and down Queen st all night is cool.

First they came for the boi ricers, but I did not speak out - because I prefer two wheels...

Blackflagged
21st October 2009, 21:51
Crushing Cars ,what a waste of money!And Carbon Credits.It`s just stupid. .If you want to go that way.Impound and sell,is whats been done before.Doesn`t have the same appeal to some ^^%#$ though.and not as many redneck votes.

McJim
21st October 2009, 21:54
Crushing Cars ,what a waste of money!And Carbon Credits.It`s just stupid. .If you want to go that way.Impound and sell,is whats been done before.Doesn`t have the same appeal to some ^^%#$ though.and not as many redneck votes.

They'd just get bought back by soft parents and sold again.

Lets face it - we're talking about Gen Y here - the only generation that got a medal for coming 76th in the cross country :rofl:

ready4whatever
21st October 2009, 21:56
The ones who criticize this generation raised it.

McJim
21st October 2009, 21:58
The ones who criticize this generation raised it.

Not me - mine are Gen Z. :Pokey:

ready4whatever
21st October 2009, 22:00
Not me - mine are Gen Z. :Pokey:

when i have kids hopefully they'l turn out ok. need a wooden spoon for that though and thats illegal. but by then you'll need a wooden spoon licence so forget it.

zjet
21st October 2009, 22:47
I guess alot of the problem is the different factions and crews that head out. Much like the different groups of bikers.
Some understanding is needed also i guess. Atleast within the "crew" I run with there are some rules that we stick by simple things like, No racing in residential areas, throwing bottles is a no no (most of us don't want flat tyers to)
I guess like every thing there are people that ruin it for every one.
More importantly the main reason is the social meeting up and talking shit. (sound familiar ???)

The apple dosen't fall far from the tree and i have seen some bikers (yes members of KB) do some crazy stuff like passing on double yellows in between trucks on a hill. I have also heard loud motorbikes go past at 2am in the morning.

Boyracering has been going on for years I have been in and around it for about 13 years myself. Alot of the problems are being caused by factors like younger people coming into the scene and police shutting down the safer quiter spots the "we" use to visit on our nights out.

As for the stereo type "boyracer" most of the people I know are hard working and love there cars just as much as you folk love your bikes, now just think the coppers wana crush your bike and everyones yelling "yeah yeah go for it"

Also a note "vehicle" can be alot of modes of transpot not just cars this rule can include bikes to.

Food for thought atleast.

Dave Lobster
22nd October 2009, 04:29
+1

Apparently they are called little homie Gs.

Suuuup bowww..

G for Goons??

CookMySock
22nd October 2009, 07:35
How can a 17-year-old on the dole afford the finance costs on a $15,000 Impreza and pay the costs of running it? Not to mention the costs of other essentials, like a cellphone with an unlimited txts? And Woodstocks. And a hot girlfriend called Dyson...THEY SELL DRUGS, MAN!! THINK ABOUT IT!!

Steve

Hitcher
22nd October 2009, 07:40
Atleast within the "crew" I run with there are some rules that we stick by simple things like, No racing in residential areas, throwing bottles is a no no (most of us don't want flat tyers to)

It's not as though those are optional behaviours. There are laws in place about those -- for good reason too. I see no higher moral code being applied here.

Pixie
22nd October 2009, 09:51
Finally passed the bill! The cars will be crushed...but only if there are 3 serious offences in 4 years! It is expected 10 cars per year will be crushed.

Is it just me, or does this law miss the mark somewhere, I mean, 10 cars per year? The american government puts down more prisoners per year than that.:argh:

I'm sure the law will say "vehicle" not car.I wonder when the first bike will be crushed.In the UK they crush bikes and cars for not having insurance.

Pixie
22nd October 2009, 09:55
Why crush the car? Crush the wank-stain driving it instead. That'll drive the message home! ;)

That's a bit harsh.
Just crush parts of them

Coldrider
22nd October 2009, 10:15
When they were debating the law in parliament on Tuesday night, they were expecting only 10 cars a year to be crushed, bet boy racers are shaking in their boots was one comment, that would be one car in Christchurch p.a. based on population.

scumdog
22nd October 2009, 10:27
Who said it was intentional? How do you know this?

Steve

Grow up ya trolling idjit:mad: - how often do heaps bikers with doof-doof stereos blaring and trash-can sized zorst booming/farting/rasping do 'laps' of a certain residential area knowing how noisy and irritating they are?

And leaving heaps of junk-food packets/wrappers and empty stubbies etc when they stop for a bit??

And put oil on the road so's their underpowered p.o.s. can actually skid a wheel?

and...well we all know the picture I'M painting here

So 'targetting bikers' is relatively unlikely.

scumdog
22nd October 2009, 10:29
How can a 17-year-old on the dole afford the finance costs on a $15,000 Impreza and pay the costs of running it? Not to mention the costs of other essentials, like a cellphone with an unlimited txts? And Woodstocks. And a hot girlfriend called Dyson...

Simple bro - tick it up eh!:banana:

avgas
22nd October 2009, 10:32
Where will the gays go?

Skyryder
22nd October 2009, 10:36
Word is here in Christchurch they are going to take no notice of the Boi Racer legislation.

Just watch these fuckers tie up all the resources this weekend and real crime will escalate because of it.

What we need is some tank gunnery practice. :mad: Jeez did I say that??:dodge:

Skyryder

avgas
22nd October 2009, 10:45
Grow up ya trolling idjit:mad: - how often do heaps bikers with doof-doof stereos blaring and trash-can sized zorst booming/farting/rasping do 'laps' of a certain residential area knowing how noisy and irritating they are?
More often than you would suspect. I have even had lane splitters act like complete cocks making poor car goers go tone deaf "bliping the throttle on their 4 stroke" while in jams.
Don't even get me started on the JD drinking, tassle toting, honda rune riding knob who wants to do a few skids in the grass while everyone else chills listening to fleetwood mac covers. Only to fall off, and break his jandal wearing feet

scumdog
22nd October 2009, 10:49
More often than you would suspect. I have even had lane splitters act like complete cocks making poor car goers go tone deaf "bliping the throttle on their 4 stroke" while in jams.
Don't even get me started on the JD drinking, tassle toting, honda rune riding knob who wants to do a few skids in the grass while everyone else chills listening to fleetwood mac covers. Only to fall off, and break his jandal wearing feet

So, what would be the ratio of the behaviour YOU described to the behaviour I described then?

Pretty damn big I suspect.

And I haven't yet heard any bikers doing laps late at night with the circus of noise b/r idiots seem to need.

Or throwing RTD stubbies at parked cars, shop-windows and mail-boxes..

Morcs
22nd October 2009, 11:32
For anyone who thinks it is a stupid law, go to maunt maungaui beach on a scorching hot summers day, and count how many times you see the same car throughout the day - and theres heaps of them too, all with loud exhausts etc thinking they are gangster.

Flip
22nd October 2009, 16:55
Dont know if some of these comments are trolling or just a bunch of wining namby pamby, girls blouses. The sooner a POS subaru goes in the crusher here in Chch the better.
The difference between me and some of these so called fuck head car enthusiasts is that:
1, I own my vehicles.
2, I don,t drive around in the small hours looking for my mates.
3, I don,t wear my hat or helmet backwards. It just looks stupid.
4, I don't drink RTD's. They taste like shit.
5, I don,t think my HD is good at drag racing. I don't have to prove it is a slow vehicle.
6, I have the cash to replace the HD but if I loose my drivers licence I will loose my job which will cost me and my family a shit load more.
7, I don't have to pour oil on the road, throw bottles or be a drunken sod to be cool. I am not a dick head you are!
I don't have anything in common with boy racers. The sooner your unimpressive POS jap crap gets turned into scrap steel the better. So go to hell.
The next thing these twits will be wining about in a few years is because they have collected un-paid debt or fines the banks won't look at them for home loans and will want a hand out to get into their first homes from the social services. Ha not likely.

Skyryder
22nd October 2009, 18:33

Yes that brilliant idea seems never to have occurred to Collins. She could learn a thing or two from Smith.

Skyryder

steve_t
22nd October 2009, 18:43

LOL :2thumbsup

ready4whatever
22nd October 2009, 19:33
These are 2 of my past cars and the batty is my mates, we must be boy racers aye flip

ducatilover
22nd October 2009, 20:06
These are 2 of my past cars and the batty is my mates, we must be boy racers aye flip

Oh yeah, any mid 90's rex and st/b forester really makes your driving change. I find it sucks if you have a neat looking Jappa that must make you a twat. I wish the Japs wouldn't build the twataniser into them.
Nice FD3!!!!! :2thumbsup

carver
22nd October 2009, 20:14

its people like you that cause over legislation

carver
22nd October 2009, 20:15
Where will the gays go?

nice cars!
il show ya what we do!

ready4whatever
22nd October 2009, 20:23
its people like you that cause over legislation

and things like this that cause performance car premiums to go way up.

$5300 damage to me. $400 to the toyota surf i hit.

carver
22nd October 2009, 20:40
and things like this that cause performance car premiums to go way up.

$5300 damage to me. $400 to the toyota surf i hit.

bugger, yeah, i had similar stuff happen

in my mind NZ needs a clean out and de regulation

lets make this place free once again.

this time, we cannot go on the whims of the majority

SMOKEU
22nd October 2009, 22:50
There is nothing wrong with cruising round. Gotta love going out the skids as well.

zjet
23rd October 2009, 05:38
Dont know if some of these comments are trolling or just a bunch of wining namby pamby, girls blouses. The sooner a POS subaru goes in the crusher here in Chch the better.
The difference between me and some of these so called fuck head car enthusiasts is that:
1, I own my vehicles.
2, I don,t drive around in the small hours looking for my mates.
4, I don't drink RTD's. They taste like shit.
5, I don,t think my HD is good at drag racing. I don't have to prove it is a slow vehicle.
6, I have the cash to replace the HD but if I loose my drivers licence I will loose my job which will cost me and my family a shit load more.
7, I don't have to pour oil on the road, throw bottles or be a drunken sod to be cool. I am not a dick head you are!
I don't have anything in common with boy racers. The sooner your unimpressive POS jap crap gets turned into scrap steel the better. So go to hell.
The next thing these twits will be wining about in a few years is because they have collected un-paid debt or fines the banks won't look at them for home loans and will want a hand out to get into their first homes from the social services. Ha not likely.

Wow Flip its a good thing I don't stereo type bikers to. Good news for you I won't be wining about home loans I own one already.

O and for the record I drive a BMW.:D

discotex
23rd October 2009, 06:27
And it specifically mentions you have to be cruising in a style intended to draw attention to the noise or power of your vehicle, so unless ur dragging from one set of lights to the next you should be sweet anyways :2thumbsup

Anyone who opposed the "anti-smacking" legislation on the basis that it was making ordinary parents criminals or ticked "no" in the recent referendum is in serious danger of being a hypocrite if they take your line on this.

While I agree the Police will generally use common sense there's good reason to expect that our laws are clearly written and don't have collateral consequences - either letting people off or wrongly impinging on the innocent.

CookMySock
23rd October 2009, 07:27
For anyone who thinks it is a stupid law, go to maunt maungaui beach on a scorching hot summers day, and count how many times you see the same car throughout the day - and theres heaps of them too, all with loud exhausts etc thinking they are gangster.So fucking what? It doesn't affect you. You speak as if each one of them ran over your bike each time they went past.

Steve

Morcs
23rd October 2009, 10:17
So fucking what? It doesn't affect you. You speak as if each one of them ran over your bike each time they went past.

Steve

Erm when you go for a nice day at the beach, you dont want the constant noise of the same cars doing laps and laps along the beachfront, with their ganstar music pumped up load, and nailing it between all off the road bumps just so they can show everyone they have a blow off valve.

Drunken Monkey
23rd October 2009, 10:36
Rise up against the Haters and Rednecks!

My current and one of my previous rides...

ready4whatever
23rd October 2009, 10:45
wow nice cars DM. love those rx8s they take the rotary engine to the next level

Drunken Monkey
23rd October 2009, 10:49
RX8 was fun to drive, but lacks the power of the RX7. It's at least as well balanced, maybe even better. Shits and giggles had by all when trying to get 4 people, 3 of whom have had a few drinks, in and out with the safety suicide doors...
To easy to drive sideways and get yourself into trouble though.

ready4whatever
23rd October 2009, 10:59
Oh and that 'jap crap' you guys speak of will out perform any european or american cars, at half the price. sure you can buy a ferrari 400 hp standard but you can spend a few grand getting a ricer to that power too, and it'll last longer. look at the evo:

AYC, lets the car go around a corner on 3 wheels, lets 1 wheel to spin at times allowing for tight cornering.
300hp stock, can be tuned way beyond this without comproming handling much. around 50 grand new, pick yourself up one for 40-45 that has just rolled out of the store room. these '''boy racers''' may not have evo 10s, yet. but dont refer to them as jap crap. to me the biggest lemons are Audis, fuckin expensive ones

Morcs
23rd October 2009, 11:42

Nice. but both of my bikes would still pwn them at the drags, and probably cost 10% of the cars :bleh:

kwaka_crasher
23rd October 2009, 12:21

Yes, the Police can be trusted... these new powers will never be used against anyone who doesn't actually deserve it. Tui?

For anyone who thinks it is a stupid law, go to maunt maungaui beach on a scorching hot summers day, and count how many times you see the same car throughout the day - and theres heaps of them too, all with loud exhausts etc thinking they are gangster.

Erm when you go for a nice day at the beach, you dont want the constant noise of the same cars doing laps and laps along the beachfront, with their ganstar music pumped up load, and nailing it between all off the road bumps just so they can show everyone they have a blow off valve.

So fucking what? It's a kids beach hangout - what do you expect - everyone to do only what suits you? Are you sure you wouldn't you be happier playing lawn bowls?

There are already laws covering loud exhausts and wastegates venting to atmosphere - what's wrong with the Police actually policing them?

SMOKEU
23rd October 2009, 12:25

Fuck that's a mint Evo. I don't like the RX8s though, I've been in one and it was fucking slow.

Drunken Monkey
23rd October 2009, 12:25
Nice. but both of my bikes would still pwn them at the drags, and probably cost 10% of the cars :bleh:

And my old gixxer thou would've romper stompered your little scooters. Drag or track.

Best thing is, if you want to mix up on the road, I can knock you into a ditch and only suffer a little panel damage.

jackie
23rd October 2009, 12:51
The defence that cruising is about the journey and for the pleasure of driving is null and void in stop-start city traffic.

If it really were about that, car enthusiasts would be in the country on better roads.

Cruising is for the person on the sidewalk, in the house and in the other cars.

mrchips
23rd October 2009, 12:52
go ford....

i mean holden

i mean ...... ... oops wrong website :o

Morcs
23rd October 2009, 12:55
So fucking what? It's a kids beach hangout - what do you expect - everyone to do only what suits you? Are you sure you wouldn't you be happier playing lawn bowls?

There are already laws covering loud exhausts and wastegates venting to atmosphere - what's wrong with the Police actually policing them?

So your one of those cunts eh?
I just think they are dicks, thats all.
How about i go do wheelstands back and forth screaming up the street outside your house all night or day?

And my old gixxer thou would've romper stompered your little scooters. Drag or track.
Ya reckon? whats ya best 1/4 mile youve done? Ive done 10.9s with probably 50hp less than a gixxer thou.
As for the track, unless you are a hardcore trackrider, id run rings around ya on a 600 :2thumbsup

Best thing is, if you want to mix up on the road, I can knock you into a ditch and only suffer a little panel damage.
I lold.

Flatcap
23rd October 2009, 12:56

I like lawn bowls

Drunken Monkey
23rd October 2009, 13:04
How about i go do wheelstands back and forth screaming up the street outside your house all night or day?

Well i'd get my mates around for a few brews, sit on the front patio and we'd hold up placards with scores out of 10 for ya.

Ya reckon? whats ya best 1/4 mile youve done? Ive done 10.9s with probably 50hp less than a gixxer thou.

Slips please? Actually I never dragged the thou, best was 11.16 on the Y (750).

As for the track, unless you are a hardcore trackrider, id run rings around ya on a 600 :2thumbsup.

Probably, but it's not about me vs you, it's about bike vs bike.

I lold.

Then all is not lost.

kwaka_crasher
23rd October 2009, 13:10
So your one of those cunts eh?
I just think they are dicks, thats all.

My what is one of those cunts?

I think they're dicks too - sad dicks who think a fart cannon and skank whistle is going to get them pussy and that makes me laugh. But it doesn't mean I want to see their cars crushed. Plenty of people think motorcyclists are dicks too. I see you have a less than exemplary record with regards riding on the road - maybe the Hazzard County ginga just thinks you're a dick.

If you want to go screaming up & down my street all night, knock yourself out. I wouldn't even bother ringing the cops - I'd come out & watch you make a twat of yourself like the boi racers do and have a laugh at you too.

avgas
23rd October 2009, 13:35
So, what would be the ratio of the behaviour YOU described to the behaviour I described then?
Pretty damn big I suspect.
Probably similar to ratio of cars to bikes my friend.....
I'm not saying its ok. In fact I like the idea of crushing cars - my point being it should be fair for all. I wanted to see bikes, tractors, ride on lawnmowers, pushbikes.....everything crushed if it breaks the law and pisses me off.
Ideally I want the "japanese philosophy" - you fuck up with the law, your vehicle is repo'd, put on a boat and sold to another country.
How stoked would fiji be to get a bunch of WRX's and Skylines along with a sporty (with matching skull cap and patch jacket) ended up on their shores for a reasonable price.
If 2 of your vehicles are sold off you - your in the slammer.

avgas
23rd October 2009, 13:39
Fuck that's a mint Evo. I don't like the RX8s though, I've been in one and it was fucking slow.
N/A does that to a rotor - only the PP ones seemed to have balls without the turbs.
New 7 out 2011!

scumdog
23rd October 2009, 15:18
Waoweee!

'jerk, dont call me a trolling idiot. fuck off.'

SOMEBODY was having a bad day:devil2::whistle:

scumdog
23rd October 2009, 15:20

Wow, bad luck eh matey???:whistle:

:lol:

BTW: Love the RX8 bodystyle, it's one of the few modern cars that appeal - mechanicals (engine) not as cool.

(I bet a '56 Cusso 272 V8 would fit in there and fix the problem! hehehe!)

huff3r
23rd October 2009, 19:38
My what is one of those cunts?

I think they're dicks too - sad dicks who think a fart cannon and skank whistle is going to get them pussy and that makes me laugh. But it doesn't mean I want to see their cars crushed. Plenty of people think motorcyclists are dicks too. I see you have a less than exemplary record with regards riding on the road - maybe the Hazzard County ginga just thinks you're a dick.

If you want to go screaming up & down my street all night, knock yourself out. I wouldn't even bother ringing the cops - I'd come out & watch you make a twat of yourself like the boi racers do and have a laugh at you too.

Saddest thing about the NZ girls is that it actually works for them...

McJim
23rd October 2009, 19:39

Well that's gotta be cheaper than paying for hookers 3 times a week.....

ready4whatever
23rd October 2009, 19:41

Yeah hardout aye. i knew a girl that reckoned she felt an orgasm coming on when she heard the subaru BOV go off lol. i didnt have a mrs for ages, then when i got my car i had 2 straight away. haha

ready4whatever
23rd October 2009, 19:43
I like lawn bowls

I like KFC, woodstock, boobs and long walks on the beach...with a slug gun

McJim
23rd October 2009, 19:45
I like KFC, woodstock, boobs and long walks on the beach...with a slug gun

You hunt slugs? I put pellets down for them and then hunt deer....

AD345
23rd October 2009, 19:54
No circuits? No "doing the dome"?

Thats Gore fucked then

ready4whatever
23rd October 2009, 20:11
Same as Whakatane. nothing to do here but drive around in circles. theres more guys here than girls. thats why you go 'bird' hunting in tauranga

McJim
23rd October 2009, 20:28
Same as Whakatane. nothing to do here but drive around in circles. theres more guys here than girls. thats why you go 'bird' hunting in tauranga

I once went to Whakatane...but I couldn't find any tanes so I went home again.

mynameis
23rd October 2009, 20:55
G for Goons??

The whole world has been discussed in KB including a dedicated thread on what G stands for :lol:

Can't find it though. Goon sounds about right though.

gatch
23rd October 2009, 22:56
Its funny, sitting here thinking about who might be punished with any laws that may come into effect as a result of the new legislation.

Nearly all the times I've been pulled up I've been doing something wrong and mostly been ticketed because of it. Have been pulled up a few times randomly or for a mis-understanding and been let go with no further action. It just seems that MOST OF THE TIME the pol have it right when they take action against people.

Unless you are very unlucky its the same old thng aye, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about aye.

NOW, whos got a barrel of diesel ?

scumdog
24th October 2009, 07:47
Same as Whakatane. nothing to do here but drive around in circles.

Ah, the lament of modern yoof.

'Nothing to do but...(pick your most innane activity)'

or

"Somebody should build/organise a (whatever they think they should have) for us"

Dave Lobster
24th October 2009, 08:35

or

"Somebody should build/organise a (whatever they think they should have) for us without us having to pay a bean for it"

Edited....

Drunken Monkey
24th October 2009, 09:46
Wow, bad luck eh matey???:whistle:

:lol:

BTW: Love the RX8 bodystyle, it's one of the few modern cars that appeal - mechanicals (engine) not as cool.

(I bet a '56 Cusso 272 V8 would fit in there and fix the problem! hehehe!)

Too much iron in the front will upset the balance :)

I'm not a hater, there are plenty of classics out there that I'd love to have in my garage (Phase III Falcon GT FTW!) - but that's more about timeless style these days, not performance.

Big Dave
24th October 2009, 11:02

or

"Somebody should build/organise a (whatever they think they should have) for us"

Back in the old days the young ones would stand erect, beat their chests with their new found strength, perform loud acrobatics and do tricks to draw attention of a prospective mate.

If they got too rowdy the Silverbacks would just drive them off or pummel them.

Give or take a few mill. :-)

Disco Dan
24th October 2009, 11:08
Why are you moaning about it??

If you break the law - you get punished. Simple.

If you dont want to get your car/bike crushed or even get a single ticket - just don't break the law...

Pretty simple concept but too many people think they are 'above' and/or 'better' than the laws.

carver
24th October 2009, 11:24
Why are you moaning about it??

If you break the law - you get punished. Simple.

If you dont want to get your car/bike crushed or even get a single ticket - just don't break the law...

Pretty simple concept but too many people think they are 'above' and/or 'better' than the laws.

its more the capacity for the law to be mis used and also you may not comprehend that some people are different to yourself and are more driven to push the limits

scumdog
25th October 2009, 06:49
some people are different to yourself and are more driven to push the limits

Ah, 'some people' - prepare to meet 'the law'.

You may win some, you may lose some but rest assured that you, the 'some people' willl in all probability have more meetings with the law than the average punter..

It's one of the perks of being 'some people'.

Patrick
25th October 2009, 09:38
Right now i drive a 1996 mazda b2200 ute. havnt been pulled up in 2 years. 5 times i got pulled up the same night i picked my subaru up. harrasment i tell ya

So what have we learned today then?

There is a lesson in there.

Yes, the Police can be trusted... these new powers will never be used against anyone who doesn't actually deserve it. [dleted... Tui?....]

Edited, for accuracy....

This has been answered earlier, but - who wants to go to the beach? HEAPS - mum, dad and the kids, young and old folk. Last thing they want to hear is the "dooooff doooofff" boom boxes, the "wank wank" rotaries and the pissssssshht fart valves (oops.. blow off valves...), again and again and again..........

The same goes for the main city streets, when you're out having a dinner with friends.... same shit.

Dunno about crushing.... quite like the call about shipping them off to Tonga/Samoa, where ever.... Doesn't matter where. Anywhere but in NZ.....

We do. Give out tickets. Back next night/weekend... same old, same old. Crushing makes it go away. Sorted.

ducatilover
25th October 2009, 11:13
Ah, 'some people' - prepare to meet 'the law'.

You may win some, you may lose some but rest assured that you, the 'some people' willl in all probability have more meetings with the law than the average punter..

It's one of the perks of being 'some people'.
I hear the "some people" are quite acquainted with the NZ constabulary :Police:

kwaka_crasher
25th October 2009, 12:31
This has been answered earlier, but - who wants to go to the beach? HEAPS - mum, dad and the kids, young and old folk. Last thing they want to hear is the "dooooff doooofff" boom boxes, the "wank wank" rotaries and the pissssssshht fart valves (oops.. blow off valves...), again and again and again..........

That line of reasoning is like going to a nightclub then complaining about the type of music. One beach, a popular hangout for kids. There are plenty of quieter beaches to go to if that's your thing. I know it's mine so I wouldn't even contemplate going to Whangamata or Mt Maunganui, particularly at New Years.

We do. Give out tickets. Back next night/weekend... same old, same old. Crushing makes it go away. Sorted.

What complete crap. It's not going to make anything go away. What it will do is give a greater incentive to do runners. There are plenty of powers the Police already have to deal with recidivist boi wankers - they just want more bullying power for all citizens.

buffstar
25th October 2009, 16:21
FFS how bloody hard would it be for the council to demolish and eyesore factory and give these kids a patch of concrete to burn up? or a big patch of grass to cut up?
I'm too old to fall into the boy racer catagory, and throwing beer bottles and being a cock was never my buzz, but I still drop the odd bit of rubber on the road, and grassing is soooo much fun!!
Jeeze.......

Patrick
26th October 2009, 07:47
That line of reasoning is like going to a nightclub then complaining about the type of music. One beach, a popular hangout for kids. There are plenty of quieter beaches to go to if that's your thing. I know it's mine so I wouldn't even contemplate going to Whangamata or Mt Maunganui, particularly at New Years.

So my question then, is this. Why should the good folk have to put up with shit or go somewhere else?

Nothing like a nightclub. You pay to get in, so you have a right to moan about the music, no?

What complete crap. It's not going to make anything go away. What it will do is give a greater incentive to do runners. There are plenty of powers the Police already have to deal with recidivist boi wankers - they just want more bullying power for all citizens.

The beginning part, yeah, you might be right. It happens already, so runners are more likely.

As for the ending.... Now who is talking complete crap?

You make it sound like the Police came up with the laws.

FFS how bloody hard would it be for the council to demolish and eyesore factory and give these kids a patch of concrete to burn up? or a big patch of grass to cut up?
I'm too old to fall into the boy racer catagory, and throwing beer bottles and being a cock was never my buzz, but I still drop the odd bit of rubber on the road, and grassing is soooo much fun!!
Jeeze.......

They have done exactly that here. Council and Police got together with the boy racers and Ferndene track have offered their place for a small charge. Burnout pad in the middle. Well patronised too.

But the problem exists... still.... out on the streets......

McJim
26th October 2009, 08:27
Once all their cars are crushed can we call them "Boy Joggers"?:rofl:

kwaka_crasher
26th October 2009, 10:51
You make it sound like the Police came up with the laws.

I was just following orders! Nah, that didn't work at Nuremburg either.

scumdog
26th October 2009, 18:04

Unlike those victims YOU can bugger-off overseas to avoid these terrible laws...

FJRider
26th October 2009, 18:15
Once all their cars are crushed can we call them "Boy Joggers"?:rofl:

Boy walkers ... ???

kwaka_crasher
26th October 2009, 18:46
Unlike those victims YOU can bugger-off overseas to avoid these terrible laws...

Fuck that. This is my home.

carver
26th October 2009, 18:53

you do have a very good point there.

the law is not a moralistic medium, contrary to what most NZ'rs think.

the Law does not set our moral principals.
the police on the otherhand, will enforce the law, no matter how immoral it is

Drunken Monkey
27th October 2009, 09:10
So what have we learned today then?

There is a lesson in there.

1) That it's ok for people to pick on others who are easily identifiable, be it the car they drive, the clothes they wear or the colour of their skin, irrespective of that person's actual behaviour.
2) That this attitude is embedded in police culture.

Patrick
27th October 2009, 16:53

Yeah. It was never going to work because it was wrong and unpopular.

Crushing boi racer cars is popular... across the board.

1) That it's ok for people to pick on others who are easily identifiable, be it the car they drive,

Yes!!! Their behaviour usually comes in to play about now too.....

the clothes they wear

Yes!!! Their behaviour usually comes in to play now......

or the colour of their skin,

Awww... you're wrong..... unless they are misbehaving......

irrespective of that person's actual behaviour.

Awww... wrong there too. See above. Good try. Two from 4. 50%. Study harder next time.:2thumbsup

2) That this attitude is embedded in police culture.

See above. :2thumbsup

McJim
27th October 2009, 16:55
Boy walkers ... ???

Oddly enough that's only one letter away from my first opinion of them.....:rofl:

FJRider
27th October 2009, 16:57
Oddly enough that's only one letter away from my first opinion of them.....:rofl:

Todays episode of KB is brought to you by the letter N ... :rofl:

scumdog
27th October 2009, 16:58
you do have a very good point there.

the law is not a moralistic medium, contrary to what most NZ'rs think.

the Law does not set our moral principals.
the police on the otherhand, will enforce the law, no matter how immoral it is

One mans moral is another mans immoral.....<_<

Drunken Monkey
27th October 2009, 17:09
See above. :2thumbsup

3. "Patrick" thinks he's either smart, funny or both...
4. ...ergo "Patrick" is deluded.

Sidewinder
27th October 2009, 17:10
i think ya should get a fine for riding a gay cruiser aswell tho

Patrick
27th October 2009, 18:23
3. "Patrick" thinks he's either smart, funny or both...
4. ...ergo "Patrick" is deluded.

3. Not smart, pretty average, actually... As for funny? I know a couple of jokes. The above was neither smart nor funny. Unsure how you saw it that way.............. Interesting..............

4. ergo "Drunken Monkey" doesn't understand what I said...? Interestingly, drunken monkeys usually plays a major part in any Police intervention.......

McJim
27th October 2009, 18:57
4. ergo "Drunken Monkey" doesn't understand what I said...? Interestingly, drunken monkeys usually plays a major part in any Police intervention.......

I thought you weren't allowed to booze on the job? :rofl:

Patrick
27th October 2009, 19:04

LOL - just re read what I said... Well spotteds, McJim.....

Can also say many Drunken monkeys don't understand what I say...

"Don't do that, just go home" is usually followed by a slurred venting of naughty words. Said drunken monkey gets locked up for being a drunken monkey. Go figure.....

I thought you weren't allowed to booze on the job? :rofl:

too many esses? LOL :laugh:

Flip
27th October 2009, 21:15

Well given you spent the next few Kiwi Biker pages touting the virtues of this POS jappa or this other POS rotary jappa. Well probably yes. You won't have any problems with the legal crusher you seem to do a good job without it. Did you have any insurance?

It would be fair to say I dont like dick head boy racers. They are just skum.

Flip
27th October 2009, 21:19

Shit me. More crusher fodder.

Flip
27th October 2009, 21:22
Oh and that 'jap crap' you guys speak of will out perform any european or american cars, at half the price. sure you can buy a ferrari 400 hp standard but you can spend a few grand getting a ricer to that power too, and it'll last longer. look at the evo:

AYC, lets the car go around a corner on 3 wheels, lets 1 wheel to spin at times allowing for tight cornering.
300hp stock, can be tuned way beyond this without comproming handling much. around 50 grand new, pick yourself up one for 40-45 that has just rolled out of the store room. these '''boy racers''' may not have evo 10s, yet. but dont refer to them as jap crap. to me the biggest lemons are Audis, fuckin expensive ones

Holy crap in a hat. I'm pissing myself laughing.

Flip
27th October 2009, 21:24

Don't encourage them. they might go away.

ready4whatever
27th October 2009, 21:27
Yeah insurance with NAC.
That POS rotary jappa rx8? lol, ok.

I dont like dickhead boyracers either. you get responsible young guys with nice cars. then you get the guy whos into drifting, skids. with that type you also get the anti social behaviour of drugs etc and they usually are sucking on a bong when they arent racing.
Right now im focusing all my spare energy on this ACC levy business. I couldnt give a crap right now about cars and racing.

Ride forever

ready4whatever
27th October 2009, 21:31
Holy crap in a hat. I'm pissing myself laughing.

cool .

Drunken Monkey
28th October 2009, 09:37
Shit me. More crusher fodder.

Haha, says the faggot who rides a fucking Harley.

I'll grab a truck off the yard and drive over you next time I see you, fuck face.

scumdog
28th October 2009, 16:01

I'll grab a truck off the yard and drive over you next time I see you, fuck face.

Wow!

That even scared ME!:whistle:

gatch
28th October 2009, 16:07
then you get the guy who's into drifting, skids. with that type you also get the anti social behavior of drugs etc and they usually are sucking on a bong when they aren't racing.

Whats wrong with sucking on a bong ? Unless that was a typo and you put a b instead of a d.. That would be more inline with boy racer behavior..

Flip
29th October 2009, 18:21

This is exactly why you are crusher fodder. Stupidity and ignorance all in one convenient package, easy for the cops to identify and do somthing about.

The crusher law is one great bit of law making. Go National ( I dont believe I wrote that).

Drunken Monkey
2nd November 2009, 18:42
wank, wank, wank

No, you're exactly the type of ignorant fuck wit that likes to pass a law banning everything as long as you can sit in your rocking chair all day and listen to talk back.

Just because I have an Evo, it doesn't mean I spend all day driving up and down the street with my cap on backwards. Oh sorry, yes it does. Just like you riding a Harley means you're either a chap-wearing mustachioed homo who cruises K' road clubs for 17 year old boys OR you're a fucking thieving dirty drug dealer. Because that's what ALL Harley riders are like, right? Either way, I think you should get a bullet in your fucking head.

gatch
2nd November 2009, 20:58
you should get a bullet in your fucking head.

Bit drastic isn't it mate ?

People touch kids the wrong way and don't get that...

kwaka_crasher
2nd November 2009, 21:08
Bit drastic isn't it mate?

People touch kids the wrong way and don't get that...

Yeah. They don't get anything crushed... more's the pity...

Drunken Monkey
2nd November 2009, 22:12
Bit drastic isn't it mate ?

I ain't your mate. I'm just one-upping your stupidity with more stupidity, seems to be your answer for everything.

gatch
2nd November 2009, 22:32
I ain't your mate. I'm just one-upping your stupidity with more stupidity, seems to be your answer for everything.

You could be if you weren't so rude..

Also my answer for everything is not stupidity, that wouldn't work at all. Sometimes its kindness, sometimes its having a wank, sometimes its a sudden onset of schadenfreude when I hear of some silly fuck getting in the shit with the Pol because they have been a stupid, mouthy, arrogant fuck doing something silly when they should know better..

Om nom nom nom crush crush crush..

SMOKEU
2nd November 2009, 22:41
There is nothing wrong with cruising around and doing skids and drifts. I'm sure a lot of cagers who go out for a nice peaceful Sunday drive get intimidated when they see groups of people on Harleys riding around with their noisy exhausts, so what's the difference really?

gatch
2nd November 2009, 22:51
Man to be honest I really don't care if people go out and cane their cars. Most of the patrons of this forum would be blatantly lying if they said they never broke the rules of the road on their bikes.

Some silly cunts who have been racing and crashed into pedestrians, and some other silly cunts who think its a good idea to cane around town in the wee small hours of the morning, have made the scene just that little too unbearable for the average square.

Mostly harmless stuff otherwise.. Some skids, some racing, some hoes looking for a cock to inhale, probably been much the same since cars have had the hp to turn a wheel in anger..

Dave Lobster
3rd November 2009, 06:31
Just like you riding a Harley means you're either a chap-wearing mustachioed homo who cruises K' road clubs for 17 year old boys OR you're a fucking thieving dirty drug dealer. Because that's what ALL Harley riders are like, right?

Sounds about right.

There is nothing wrong with cruising around and doing skids and drifts. I'm sure a lot of cagers who go out for a nice peaceful Sunday drive get intimidated when they see groups of people on Harleys riding around with their noisy exhausts, so what's the difference really?

Nothing. Crush those fuckers too!!

Drunken Monkey
3rd November 2009, 07:36
Nothing. Crush those fuckers too!!

Sounds like a grand idea, let's pass a law!

scumdog
3rd November 2009, 08:08

The Harley riders don't go around-and-around-and-around the same block.

Or pour oil onto the road.

Or....

So that's the difference

Nice troll.

The Stranger
3rd November 2009, 08:16

Or pour oil onto the road.

Or....

So that's the difference

Nice troll.

It's the generalisations that's the problem then isn't it.
That's where your point should be directed and that's where (as I see it) DM's argument is.
Some boi racers do as you say, many don't.

Kwaka14
3rd November 2009, 08:17
Boy walkers ... ???

Boy Pacers

avgas
3rd November 2009, 08:53
Haha just caught back up in this thread.........its quite sad really.
Its funny who gives a flying fuck

scumdog
3rd November 2009, 09:25
Haha just caught back up in this thread.........its quite sad really.
Its funny who gives a flying fuck

Is that meant to be:
'It's funny, who gives a flying fuck'??
OR
'It's funny who gives a flying fuck'??

But then, who DOES give a flying fuck?:blink:

Drunken Monkey
3rd November 2009, 09:33

Actually there is one that used to do that when I lived on View Rd in Mt Eden.

and that's where (as I see it) DM's argument is.

In essence yes. Idiots like Flip just wind me up so much the eloquence goes out the window. (Sorry Gatch)

avgas
3rd November 2009, 09:47
But then, who DOES give a flying fuck?:blink:
Air Hostesses apparently

scumdog
3rd November 2009, 09:49
Air Hostesses apparently

They GIVE them? - no fee?

scumdog
3rd November 2009, 09:50

I notice the use of the word 'one'.:shifty:

Drunken Monkey
3rd November 2009, 10:15
Indeed, and it seems that the general consensus should be "treat all because of the actions of a few". Geddit yet?

scumdog
3rd November 2009, 10:18
Indeed, and it seems that the general consensus should be "treat all because of the actions of a few". Geddit yet?

Few hundred? as in boy racers? - how would you stop them being prats?

Well anyway, that's the way of the world, hell I can't loose off random shots from my 308 rifle 'cos somewhere in the past a 'few' probably hit somebody while doing that..and ruined it for the majority of the rest of us.

Dave Lobster
3rd November 2009, 10:43
Well anyway, that's the way of the world, hell I can't loose off random shots from my 308 rifle 'cos somewhere in the past a 'few' probably hit somebody while doing that..and ruined it for the majority of the rest of us.

You could always swap it for some land. No swaps back, honest injun..

Drunken Monkey
3rd November 2009, 10:44
There were already laws to prosecute in existence, if the police were too incompetant to build a solid case, that isn't an excuse to start down the path of 'preventative' law.

The very worst people that are being targetted aren't going to be stopped by changes like this. Taking away their licenses didn't stop them driving, crushing their cars won't stop them getting another. Having toss-pots like Flip go around advocating crushing cars he doesn't like because he has a stick up his arse isn't going to acheive anything useful either.

Where safety isn't an issue, and it's just a general perceived social nuisance issue is the problem area. It's open for misuse of law. Yes there are problem drivers (and riders too, we all know that), but the point being that targeting people because of what they drive instead of how they drive is a typical knee-jerk reaction and wastes people's time and causes additional frustration unnecessarily.

One can only hope there is will be sensible application of the law by the powers that be. NZ unfortunately doesn't have a very good track record for this of recent.

So what do we want to do, find a way to more intelligently deal with the actual problem drivers, or just label whole groups based on a small number of representative and persecute them mercilessly? Because ya know, there's something charmlingly attractive about living in a country where there are no Harleys thundering around. On that logic perhaps the P-problem will go away?

oldrider
3rd November 2009, 11:17

Well I do, cause I can't remember where I live! :crybaby:

scumdog
3rd November 2009, 11:22
The very worst people that are being targetted aren't going to be stopped by changes like this. Taking away their licenses didn't stop them driving,

Meh, when they're in jail for being a recidivist disqualy-driver it slows their driving up a tad...

But aside from that, what is the 'magic bullet' that will stop this anti-social and at time unsafe behaviour? (That at times uses our ACC funds..:whistle:)

Drunken Monkey
3rd November 2009, 11:31
Meh, when they're in jail for being a recidivist disqualy-driver it slows their driving up a tad...

How long does that take? Some repeat offenders go on for many years. And how many people are going to get hassled just for driving their cars up and down the same road, within the speed limit, zero-alcohol and maintaining traction at all times? How many won't be able to fight the tickets? All because a few nimby gits don't like them.

But aside from that, what is the 'magic bullet' that will stop this anti-social and at time unsafe behaviour? (That at times uses our ACC funds..:whistle:)

If I knew that, I wouldn't be sitting here, I'd be out implementing my method world-wide and commanding big $$$ for it. However, I know what doesn't work, you only have to look elsewhere.

Dave Lobster
3rd November 2009, 11:46
And how many people are going to get hassled just for driving their cars up and down the same road, within the speed limit, zero-alcohol and maintaining traction at all times? How many won't be able to fight the tickets? All because a few nimby gits don't like them.

Hopefully ALL of them!!!!

The Stranger
4th November 2009, 07:10
Hopefully ALL of them!!!!

Cool, get rid of the boi racers first, then tax the motorcyclists off the road. Things are going well, what's next on your agenda?

ready4whatever
4th November 2009, 07:49
what is the 'magic bullet' that will stop this anti-social and at time unsafe behaviour? (That at times uses our ACC funds..:whistle:)

I dont know and i dont think any other person knows a flawless way.

cruizing law is too broad on how its worded. it could mean any cop that is having a bad day could charge an elderly woman who has alzheimers and cant remember where shes going so shes doing laps around town. it doesnt state anything about being noisey or causing havoc, which already has laws put in place anyway. its just to give this pissed off cop the right to ticket a boy because he wants to.

Repeat offending and you crush them. sounds fair enough. The cars that are causing the havoc are the thrashed cheap ones anyway, they probably need a rebuild soon that'll cost half of the cars value, together with the fines that they would of got if they did have it, you might be saving them money. People dont thrashed the shit out of these 'boyracer' cars that are worth over 30 grand that they are talking about (skids, drifting) that you always see them doing on the news. You'd be dumb to, shit i looked after my subaru like i gave birth to it.

I think when you solve that alcohol binge drinking problem, you'll fix this one

ready4whatever
4th November 2009, 07:50
Sounds like Nick Smith just made a kiwi biker profile

Dave Lobster
4th November 2009, 08:40
Cool, get rid of the boi racers first, then tax the motorcyclists off the road. Things are going well, what's next on your agenda?

Inattentive asians. Middle aged mothers that aren't looking where they're going. Farm vehicles with mud and shit falling off them. Blokes with long hair. Hoody types. Piss pot helmet wearers. I could think of more..

it could mean any cop that is having a bad day could charge an elderly woman who has alzheimers and cant remember where shes going so shes doing laps around town.

That sounds like EXACTLY the sort of person that the police should be taking off the road as well.

huff3r
4th November 2009, 13:26

Love the way you put this. Especially seeing as its the social aspect that has them all out there. Anti-social? Have you even been down to Melling on a thursday night? Its mostly just a bunch of "boyracers" chilling out, and socialising with their mates and showing off their (not so flash) cars.

So they socialize different to how you did when you were a kid. Remember when most teens skated? And how hard they cracked down on that?

Or all the other trends teenagers have been into over the years? Every generation has one, and every time the old generation says "no, you cant do that because thats not what i did when i was your age"

Patrick
4th November 2009, 23:15
Chilling out?

Really???

Throwing bottles at Police, west side verses east side clashes... The Hawera boys verses the New Plymouth...

We've had a shotgun produced, numerous bottlings and other serious assaults, cars losing it and crashing into other parked cars (Blardy funny, those ones...) just to name a few.

Chilling out.... Pffftttt.......

huff3r
5th November 2009, 10:50
Chilling out?

Really???

Throwing bottles at Police, west side verses east side clashes... The Hawera boys verses the New Plymouth...

We've had a shotgun produced, numerous bottlings and other serious assaults, cars losing it and crashing into other parked cars (Blardy funny, those ones...) just to name a few.

Chilling out.... Pffftttt.......

So youve had that happen from every single one? Even those involved in the scene look at those guys and think "what tossers". Seriously, melling always seems chilled out, and ive never seen any violence towards police or others. They generally behave and just wave politely at the cops, knowing that as long as their behaving the cops wont come down on them. Well now the cops can.

Also to note... those above mentioned things are already illegal, and happen in many other situations too (teenage parties, without even any boyracers etc). Whereas the new laws are about cracking doown on what wasnt so illegal or dangerous, just annoying. Its not that hard, find them someplace to go and give them good REASON to go there. Just like they did with the skaters and skateparks.

kwaka_crasher
5th November 2009, 13:17
So youve had that happen from every single one?

Nah. He's just hypocritically doing the very thing that he hates people doing about cops... lumping them all together for the actions of a few.

DMCD
5th November 2009, 15:29

3 words, random pattern driving.

Deano
5th November 2009, 15:35
Have you even been down to Melling on a thursday night? Its mostly just a bunch of "boyracers" chilling out, and socialising with their mates and showing off their (not so flash) cars.

And lining up from Block Road lights to stage at the Melling lights before dragging south down the motorway.

Tell the whole story bro.:shutup:

Str8 Jacket
5th November 2009, 15:37
And lining up from Block Road lights to stage at the Melling lights before dragging south down the motorway.

Tell the whole story bro.:shutup:

That's if their cars didn't catch on fire first!! :whistle:

Drunken Monkey
5th November 2009, 15:57
...lumping them all together for the actions of a few.

So not all police are pack rapists then?

SPman
5th November 2009, 16:27

We lived in View Rd in '70. No cruising then - it was drunken 100mph + runs on Robbies Kwaka 500.....and trying to stop by the Dom Rd lights.........:shit: :innocent:

The Stranger
5th November 2009, 17:36
So they socialize different to how you did when you were a kid. Remember when most teens skated? And how hard they cracked down on that?

Hmm, nothing really changes. Beaumont st anyone?
Please tell me I'm not the only one old enough to remember.

Flip
5th November 2009, 18:54
I would suggest the sun is finally setting on the day of the Boi Racer. The actions of a minority of a minority have spoilt it for a minority. Mr and Mrs average kiwi (the tax paying and voting majority) have just said enough, do some thing. The media the govt and now the police have listened and are doing somthing about it. It's what happens when you become a pest, you get noticed and then you get squashed. I trust the comparison between a cockroach and a car in the crusher is not being lost.
The diference between Boi Racers and Harley owners is only about 25 years. They are likely to be the same group of folk just a lot older and wiser (ok just older).
I guess the problem is, the 'group' is on the fringe of being illegal and antisocial and attracts people who have an interest in belonging to or being identified as belonging to these sorts of groups. Now I am beginning to sound like a Harley advert.
Mr joe average can't tell the diference between a white power motorcycle gang member and the average Harley owner. They also can't tell the diference between a Boi Racer and a young owners of a modified jap vehicles.
I do feel sorry for young jap race car enthusiasts, if such a beast exists. However since the law has been in place there has been a 4/5ths reduction in dum ass rich kids driving past my house at night. Is the new law working, IMHO hell yes.

Toaster
5th November 2009, 19:04
I think the law is designed to address a patrticular age group with a certain type of vehicle :)

Exactly.... same goes for a lot of discretionary applications of the law like smacking etc... they will (hopefully) just go for those that deserve it.

Patrick
5th November 2009, 23:23
So youve had that happen from every single one?

North Shore Auckland, Auckland waterfront, South Auckland and move here and lo and behold, same old shit down here too.... Then there are the ones in Wellington and Christchurch we read about frequently..... Dunno about every single one though....

Even those involved in the scene look at those guys and think "what tossers".

Yeah, but do nothing to stop it, thereby condoning it....

Seriously, melling always seems chilled out, and ive never seen any violence towards police or others. They generally behave and just wave politely at the cops, knowing that as long as their behaving the cops wont come down on them.

As it was here.... until the bottles began flying....

Well now the cops can.

Also to note... those above mentioned things are already illegal, and happen in many other situations too (teenage parties, without even any boyracers etc). Whereas the new laws are about cracking doown on what wasnt so illegal or dangerous, just annoying. Its not that hard, find them someplace to go and give them good REASON to go there. Just like they did with the skaters and skateparks.

They have a track and burnout pad here for them at Ferndene, near Inglewood.... but that isn't enough, apparently..... Might have more to do with the banjo music from them thar nearby hills....

Nah. He's just hypocritically doing the very thing that he hates people doing about cops... lumping them all together for the actions of a few.

Nah.... just going from things I've seen myself, not just heard, from many parts of the country. But you're right, it usually is the actions of a few, ruining it for the majority.

scumdog
6th November 2009, 18:56
I think when you solve that alcohol binge drinking problem, you'll fix this one

Damn right dude - but brewerys and Gov't are too cosy to do anything about it - although the tide IS slowly turning, but not before a few lives are wrecked.

scracha
7th November 2009, 00:51
Option a:-

you get responsible young guys with nice cars. And they usually are sucking on a dong when they arent driving sensibly.

Skint boys with no girlfriend

Option b:-

then you get the guy whos into drifting, skids. with that type you also get the anti social behaviour of drugs etc and they usually are sucking on a bong when they arent racing.

Burnouts and bongs? Yes Please. Option 'b' purlease.

sammcj
5th February 2010, 12:44

FFS, so sick of these bloody nanny laws, EDUCATE NOT LEGISLATE.

you also get the anti social behaviour of drugs etc and they usually are sucking on a bong when they arent racing.

Hang on a second... bit off topic here sucking on a bong is immediately Anti-Social?!
So you're lumping smoking a bit of pot in the mix with P and the semi-depressant attributes of prescription abuse under the label of 'drugs'?

By that token' (no pun intended) you're saying that people that smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol are also being anti-social?

To quote a late-great Bill Hicks "If you're at a ball game or a concert and someone's really violent and aggressive and obnoxious, are they drunk or are they smoking pot?"

I don't quite understand where your argument is going there... (and no, I don't even smoke pot before you think I'm defending my addiction... wait a second... it's not chemically addictive!)

scumdog
7th February 2010, 16:44
FFS, so sick of these bloody nanny laws, EDUCATE NOT LEGISLATE.

So get out there and do so.....

SMOKEU
9th February 2010, 06:48
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/3305307/Racers-to-face-1000-fines Read that. Now read this part "Council staff are proposing a one-hour period for the cruising bylaw. If drivers use the same stretch of specified road more frequently and have an overly noisy vehicle or are in a convoy, they will breach the bylaw." So what if I cruise the aves but I don't have an "overly noisy" vehicle? We already have laws to fine people for noisy exhausts. And cruising in a convoy? WTF is that supposed to mean? I know what a convoy is, but if you're driving to work in the CBD in rush hour you're bound to get stuck at traffic lights, therefore it could be argued you are travelling in a convoy. I have several mates who live on or within the aves, what if I pick one of my mates up, then he realises he forgot his phone at home, then I turn around so he can get his phone, then drive back in the direction in which I came from and there happens to be a few vehicles travelling in a "convoy" in front of me, then why should I be liable to get fines?

huff3r
9th February 2010, 10:34
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/3305307/Racers-to-face-1000-fines Read that. Now read this part "Council staff are proposing a one-hour period for the cruising bylaw. If drivers use the same stretch of specified road more frequently and have an overly noisy vehicle or are in a convoy, they will breach the bylaw." So what if I cruise the aves but I don't have an "overly noisy" vehicle? We already have laws to fine people for noisy exhausts. And cruising in a convoy? WTF is that supposed to mean? I know what a convoy is, but if you're driving to work in the CBD in rush hour you're bound to get stuck at traffic lights, therefore it could be argued you are travelling in a convoy. I have several mates who live on or within the aves, what if I pick one of my mates up, then he realises he forgot his phone at home, then I turn around so he can get his phone, then drive back in the direction in which I came from and there happens to be a few vehicles travelling in a "convoy" in front of me, then why should I be liable to get fines?

They will only target you if they think you deserve it. Don't do anything stupid and you're sweet.

SMOKEU
9th February 2010, 10:47
They will only target you if they think you deserve it. Don't do anything stupid and you're sweet.

I, unlike the politicians who run this country, could see right from the start that this law is never going to work successfully.

Ixion
9th February 2010, 10:53

Well, that certainly fills me with unbounded confidence. NOT.

There is a word for a legal system where being convicted of a crime depends on whether "they think you deserve it". The word is tyranny.

Dave Lobster
9th February 2010, 11:00
There is a word for a legal system where being convicted of a crime depends on whether "they think you deserve it". The word is tyranny.

In Holland these days, it's called Heresy.

kwaka_crasher
9th February 2010, 11:03

Or if they feel like it or don't like the look of you. You must be only 7 if you actually believe that crap you wrote.

Dave Lobster
9th February 2010, 11:36
Or if they feel like it or don't like the look of you. You must be only 7 if you actually believe that crap you wrote.

Or you look as if you've got the money to pay the fine.. ie, white, middle aged, own vehicle, etc.

huff3r
9th February 2010, 18:45

I believe it because i do the right thing and have been pulled up once. I've been to Melling before, and Te Rapa Straight in Hamilton, never had any issue with cops. Theyve never even so much as checked my WoF and Rego, why? Because i don't draw attention to myself.

And no, i don't drive an inconspicuous corolla, i drive a twin-turbo subaru (omg! must be a boy-racer!), and a BMW E30 with a full cage and bucket seats. Surely im a target?

Or you look as if you've got the money to pay the fine.. ie, white, middle aged, own vehicle, etc.

I'm white, well-dressed, not middle-agaed though, own vehicle etc. Still no-one stalking me waiting for me to slip up....

Flip
9th February 2010, 20:53
Well my opinion on boi racers is simple crush all their cars and turn them into boi walkers. Its a bit like pulling the wings off flies.

My logic for determining consequence goes something like this: Are you male and under 30? Is your car a an; impressa, evo or skyline? Has it been modified? Were you breaking the traffic laws at the time? If any 3 of the answers are yes your vehicle goes straight into the crusher. Simple really.

huff3r
9th February 2010, 22:29
Well my opinion on boi racers is simple crush all their cars and turn them into boi walkers. Its a bit like pulling the wings off flies.

My logic for determining consequence goes something like this: Are you male and under 30? Is your car a an; impressa, evo or skyline? Has it been modified? Were you breaking the traffic laws at the time? If any 3 of the answers are yes your vehicle goes straight into the crusher. Simple really.

Now its people like you who are causing all these problems. You decide this. They rebel. Let them be and they wont rebel!
It is entirely possible to have a good car, be under 30, have a modified vehicle, and just once do something stupid. The world should not come crashing down on you because of it.

How about this: Are you middle aged? Do you own a Harley? Could you afford to replace said harley? Is said harley ridiculously loud? Were you breaking the traffic laws at the time? If any 3 of the answers are yes, your vehicle goes straight into the crusher. Simple Really.

See how anyone could get tarred with the very same brush? Every segment in society has a minority that causes annoyance, wether through illegal acts, or not (unsafely slow drivers, people who don't indicate, people who blow cigarette smoke in your face as they talk to you, people who think they are better than you). The punishment should fit the crime. Sure if they are a continual nuisance, crush it. But only then.

But this topic is about the cruising law, not the crushing law anyway :bleh:

sammcj
9th February 2010, 22:39

Thats a bit like saying 'Are you someone over 40? Are you riding a bike that doesn't handle as well as a modern style bike? Were you spotted without a proper bike jacket, boots or gloves? Well you should loose your bike licence because you could be a danger on the road and to the tax payer.' - not exactly that simple though is it.

What happened to fair trial, innocent until proven guilty etc...?
I really do not think this is the answer, it would do nothing but make things much, much worse.

I'd like to see what would happen if the media stopped bloody reporting on 'boy racers' all the time and shifted new focus to something more important.
The cops need to do their jobs - fine people for driving recklessly, driving dangerous cars, driving on lost licences, creating far too much noise and polluting / littering the enviroment.

I think the important thing is higher penalties for serious repeat offenders, you get caught driving without a licence or on a suspended licence and doing something dangerous - you should get a wacking great big fine and public service, rather than just your cage crushed, sold or whatever.

It was the same in my fathers day, he used to see people doing burnouts in cars, street racing, removing mufflers and driving dangerously... nothings changed except for the availability of loud exhausts and when that 'fast and the furious' movie came out years back people just got a wave of enthusiasm. (lol) - you can say 'ohh there were less cars on the road then' but there were less roads then too not to mention less safety features in the cars - am I the only one thats noticed a decrease in 'boy racers' over the past few years?

Toaster
9th February 2010, 23:11
Cops are like sharks, if you thrash about attracting attention to yourself, you will get bitten.

kwaka_crasher
10th February 2010, 02:21
I believe it because i do the right thing and have been pulled up once. I've been to Melling before, and Te Rapa Straight in Hamilton, never had any issue with cops. Theyve never even so much as checked my WoF and Rego, why? Because i don't draw attention to myself..

So that's all the Jews needed to do - keep their heads down. If only they knew...

Drunken Monkey
10th February 2010, 08:39

Ah, you again faggot harley fuck face. I forgot I was going to pick up a rig and flatten you next time I see you. There's a nice Western Star 4900 Bulk Hauler here with your name on the front bumper.

Doesn't feel nice to be unfairly targetted, does it?

Take your attitude somewhere it's appreciated, I think there's a few homo bars around which serve your type.

CookMySock
10th February 2010, 09:36
Tone it down you idiots. We're all on the same side.

Steve

Drunken Monkey
10th February 2010, 10:11
Apparently we're not. Flip seems to think some us deserve some 'special' treatment.

sammcj
10th February 2010, 10:12
Sometimes it's hard to look at the 'flip side of an argument'.

bhahaha, sorry Flip couldn't resist.

CookMySock
10th February 2010, 11:46
Just be glad they aren't targetting bikers. It's pretty clearly aimed at anti-social behaviour in cars. It will only take a handful of complaints and one motivated politician, and we have a problem on our hands.

Steve

Drunken Monkey
10th February 2010, 13:12
Ha! That's right, just like the friggin ACC levy campaign - let's just jump up and down and hassle another group, like cyclists, to divert attention. Not withstanding there are many motorcyclists on this web site who, OMFG, might just happen to also ride a push bike, or even (heaven forbid!) drive a car.
Belligerent twats like Flip make me think the government wasn't stinging motorcyclists enough with the new levy, maybe $2000 a year is more appropriate. I am ashamed of being categorized with red necks like him just because I ride a motorcycle sometimes.

avgas
10th February 2010, 13:49

Seems fair enough, but I reckon take away all the toys - and then punish them.
Look at the "Top Gear" example - if you cant drive/ride your own, one will be provide for you.
Would love to see someone have to give up their FatBoy temporarily due to noise. With a small provision that if he wants to ride anything it has to be a frilly pink vespa.
Likewise a R1 rider with speeding infringements, has to ride a fucked JAWA to work.
Now that would be punishment

kwaka_crasher
10th February 2010, 13:51
Just be glad they aren't targetting bikers.

For now...

Flip
10th February 2010, 15:28
For now...

When we start drinking and using drugs in public. When we start pouring oil on the road so our POS bikes can do burnouts. When we start cruising around looking for trouble at nights. When we start illegally modifying our bikes so they are not safe to use on the road. When we start using the public roads like our own private race track. When we start gathering together in our hundreds on the side of the road and shoot guns and throw bottles at the police. When we are all easy to identify because we all ride the same sorts of POS bikes and wear our helmets backwards. When we start to kill and injure other innocent road users. Well there will be a few new laws made and the cops will be able to take our scooters and arrest us for being well a dumb ass.

Its not likely is it?

kwaka_crasher
10th February 2010, 15:38
When we start drinking and using drugs in public. When we start pouring oil on the road so our POS bikes can do burnouts. When we start cruising around looking for trouble at nights. When we start illegally modifying our bikes so they are not safe to use on the road. When we start using the public roads like our own private race track. When we start gathering together in our hundreds on the side of the road and shoot guns and throw bottles at the police. When we are all easy to identify because we all ride the same sorts of POS bikes and wear our helmets back wards. When we start to kill and injure other innocent road users. Well there will be a few new laws made and the cops will be able to take our scooters and arrest us for being well a dumb ass. Its not likely is it?

Or when it's decided that any number of things that are legal now are outlawed... at which point I'm guessing you'll just comply.

Almost all the things you've mentioned are already covered by existing laws. The exception being "When we start cruising around looking for trouble at nights." Until there is actually IS trouble it's not illegal and should never be as it's a peaceful gathering and thus lawful until such time as it becomes non-peaceful.

Or would you prefer the Police to be able to say "Move along or we'll arrest you - I reckon you're looking for trouble" to families picnicing in the park? Do you really trust the Police to be allowed to make decisions on who can meet where if it's peaceful? I fucking well don't. I'm nowhere near naive enough to believe they'll not abuse it.

Flip
10th February 2010, 15:54
Almost all of New Zealand has had a guts full of the boi racer behavior. Society as a whole has said pull your sox up or suffer the consequences. Fines don't work, putting young men in prison is, well not the right thing to do. In desperation we have had to make laws to curb this behavior that well are sitting right on the edge of folks common law rights. I have no sympathy for any young man who seems to think they have the right to build a race car and use it on the road illegally, its just madness for us to allow this to happen.

I hold the boi racers fraternity with such a low regard I really don't care what happens to them as long as they go to hell. I am however amused when they threaten civil disobedience. It's what they have been doing in the name of fun and all its got them in is hot water.

Its not the Police or the Media or mr and mrs Kiwi or the goverment that are causing the problem. If I thought for a second that the laws were un-just then I would be the first to say so. The boi racers have no body to blame but themselves.

kwaka_crasher
10th February 2010, 16:03
I hold the boi racers fraternity with such a low regard I really don't care what happens to them as long as they go to hell.

Substitute 'boi racers' for 'Jews'... and re-read...

peasea
10th February 2010, 16:43

Must spread rep, bugger!:rofl:

peasea
10th February 2010, 16:45
Do you really trust the Police to be allowed to make decisions on who can meet where if it's peaceful? I fucking well don't. I'm nowhere near naive enough to believe they'll not abuse it.

That would be a 'no' with a capital 'fuckthat'!

Dave Lobster
10th February 2010, 17:05

What fucking rubbish. People choose to be boi racers. Nobody forces them to do it.

steve_t
10th February 2010, 17:24
LOL. So the analogy is that boi racers are being persecuted like the jews? And that makes the anti-cruising law analogous to the holocaust right? :laugh: Y'all made my day :)

davereid
10th February 2010, 17:34
LOL. So the analogy is that boi racers are being persecuted like the jews? And that makes the anti-cruising law analogous to the holocaust right? :laugh: Y'all made my day :)

The point is that this is a law that could be applied to anyone... but we all relax, as we have been told that it will only be applied to boy racers... are you really too dim to see that ?

steve_t
10th February 2010, 17:49
The point is that this is a law that could be applied to anyone... but we all relax, as we have been told that it will only be applied to boy racers... are you really too dim to see that ?

Yup. I guess I am too dim to see the analogy. Sorry, I'm trying really hard but I can't make it work. I also don't understand how saying to replace 'boi racer' with 'jew' makes the point that the law could be applied to anyone. I actually hope laws apply to everyone equally. Maybe I should go back to uni. Or would you kindly explain?

Kickaha
10th February 2010, 17:50
When we start drinking and using drugs in public. When we start pouring oil on the road so our POS bikes can do burnouts. When we start cruising around looking for trouble at nights. When we start illegally modifying our bikes so they are not safe to use on the road. When we start using the public roads like our own private race track. When we start gathering together in our hundreds on the side of the road and shoot guns and throw bottles at the police. When we are all easy to identify because we all ride the same sorts of POS bikes and wear our helmets backwards. When we start to kill and injure other innocent road users. Well there will be a few new laws made and the cops will be able to take our scooters and arrest us for being well a dumb ass.

Its not likely is it?

Not likely?

Bullshit it's not

I'd say Riders tick a few of those boxes already

davereid
10th February 2010, 18:14
Yup. I guess I am too dim to see the analogy.... I actually hope laws apply to everyone equally..... Maybe I should go back to uni. Or would you kindly explain?

The CHCH law says you are guilty of crusing if you go to the same place twice in one hour.

So if you go to the dairy, and get the milk but forget the bread, you are in breach of the law.

You are saying "Im not a boy racer, I would not get a ticket for that"

QED

kwaka_crasher
10th February 2010, 18:41
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

huff3r
10th February 2010, 18:50
A I have no sympathy for any young man who seems to think they have the right to build a race car and use it on the road illegally, its just madness for us to allow this to happen.

I have poured hours of hard work into building a racecar myself, and only ever use it legally on the road. Are you saying that if i slip up once then my 100s of hours of friggen hard work should be crushed to pieces? I hope the crushers are strong! Rollcages dont break easy :bleh:

And what you probably dont realise is that the behaviour you speak of is also despised by a large majority of these so called "boi racers" themselves. There is a very large group from Melling trying very very hard to get it all off the street, with absolutely no support from the government. All they want is a private carpark, or a skidpan, where thay can all hang out and socialise and mess about with their cars without being a nuisance.

I also know a few down here who are ridiculously jealous of the guys in Auckland with their organised, safe and legal drag racing at nightspeed dragwars. Spread that throughout the country and i am sure you will see a big improvement in behaviour. How many bikers just want to see how fast their bikes go compared to others? Because these boys with their cars are THE SAME.

SMOKEU
10th February 2010, 18:53
Almost all of New Zealand has had a guts full of the boi racer behavior. Society as a whole has said pull your sox up or suffer the consequences. Fines don't work, putting young men in prison is, well not the right thing to do. In desperation we have had to make laws to curb this behavior that well are sitting right on the edge of folks common law rights. I have no sympathy for any young man who seems to think they have the right to build a race car and use it on the road illegally, its just madness for us to allow this to happen.

I hold the boi racers fraternity with such a low regard I really don't care what happens to them as long as they go to hell. I am however amused when they threaten civil disobedience. It's what they have been doing in the name of fun and all its got them in is hot water.

Its not the Police or the Media or mr and mrs Kiwi or the goverment that are causing the problem. If I thought for a second that the laws were un-just then I would be the first to say so. The boi racers have no body to blame but themselves.

Get the fuck over it. I'm sure a lot of cagers are more intimidated by large groups of Harley riders with their obnoxiously noisy exhausts spoiling their nice peaceful Sunday drive than they are of 'boy racers'. There are much more serious things to worry about in this country than young male car enthusiasts. Young people driving "fast" cars and doing skids is nothing new, the only thing that's changed is that what once was legal is now a criminal offence.

scumdog
10th February 2010, 20:23
Get the fuck over it. I'm sure a lot of cagers are more intimidated by large groups of Harley riders with their obnoxiously noisy exhausts spoiling their nice peaceful Sunday drive than they are of 'boy racers'. There are much more serious things to worry about in this country than young male car enthusiasts. Young people driving "fast" cars and doing skids is nothing new, the only thing that's changed is that what once was legal is now a criminal offence.

Noisy Harleys ain't new niether.

But they don't do lap after lap after lap with annoying boom-boxes, leaving litter etc

Mainly 'cos they ain't 'bois' .

SMOKEU
10th February 2010, 20:55

But they don't do lap after lap after lap with annoying boom-boxes, leaving litter etc

I've got 400WRMS going into the sub of my car and at full noise it's bloody loud inside the car, but outside the car it's bearly audible at a distance of a few metres, especially with traffic noise to block it out. And if drunken juvenile delinquents were not cruising around in cars then they would be walking the streets causing even more trouble and littering just as much, if not more than if they were in a vehicle.

huff3r
10th February 2010, 21:31

And of course you're perfect?

I thought so...

SS90
11th February 2010, 08:01
I've got 400WRMS going into the sub of my car and at full noise it's bloody loud inside the car, but outside the car it's bearly audible at a distance of a few metres, especially with traffic noise to block it out. And if drunken juvenile delinquents were not cruising around in cars then they would be walking the streets causing even more trouble and littering just as much, if not more than if they were in a vehicle.

That's what you think........ we can all hear the (somewhat distorted) "noise" coming from cars in the weekend, and to be honest, it is ridiculous......... you say "only a few meters", I say " a few meters too many"

SMOKEU
11th February 2010, 09:04
That's what you think........ we can all hear the (somewhat distorted) "noise" coming from cars in the weekend, and to be honest, it is ridiculous......... you say "only a few meters", I say " a few meters too many"

The sound gets blocked out by traffic noise.

Jantar
11th February 2010, 09:07
The sound gets blocked out by traffic noise.
That maybe what you believe, but it isn't blocked by traffic noise, it adds to traffic noise.

SMOKEU
11th February 2010, 09:09
That maybe what you believe, but it isn't blocked by traffic noise, it adds to traffic noise.

I've stood outside my car with the sounds fully cranking on a busy road and I can't even hear the sound system.

Jantar
11th February 2010, 09:12
I've stood outside my car with the sounds fully cranking on a busy road and I can't even hear the sound system.
That's because your hearing is already affected the noise. I assure you the rest of us can hear it just fine. Or maybe you have invented some new type of sound proofing for your car that can magically keep 400 W RMS inside. Muffler manufacturers will beat a path to your door to get some of this new magic.

SMOKEU
11th February 2010, 09:14
That's because your hearing is already affected the noise. I assure you the rest of us can hear it just fine. Or maybe you have invented some new type of sound proofing for your car that can magically keep 400 W RMS inside. Muffler manufacturers will beat a path to your door to get some of this new magic.

I don't have a muffler ay.

kwaka_crasher
11th February 2010, 09:26

The term is wanking.

huff3r
11th February 2010, 10:28
The term is wanking.

I have to agree. Even my measly 320W max amp is enough to annoy the neighbours. Don't want to annoy me in case they start annoying me so i try to keep it down :).

Also don't wanna kill my hearing!

kwaka_crasher
11th February 2010, 13:27
I honestly can't see the point of running a stereo to the point of ear-damaging noise when driving along the road. If that's what you really want to achieve just wear headphones.

But of course we all know it's actually nothing to do with that. It's really just attention seeking "Looka moi, looka moi, LOOKA MOI!"

onearmedbandit
11th February 2010, 13:48

Hahahahaha. My girlfriends car has the standard radio and 2 speaker system, and I can hear that from over 10m away with the windows up. However, when a car with a decent system goes past not only can I hear them coming, but feel it inside my house as they drive by. Don't get me wrong, doesn't bother me. I like loud music, and I don't mind others playing it, and when they do drive by it lasts for 30sec at most. All I'm saying is you're kidding yourself you think you can't hear your stereo from outside fully cranked with traffic noise. Unless you're listening to "Music for the Deaf Vol 1 & 2".

Oh and the anti-cruising laws only apply to the 4 avenues and the esplande out at Sumner during certain hours. I doubt very much you'll be charged with cruising popping down to the dairy twice in your maxima, or for that sake even your lowered winged big bore exhaust Silvia. And I can be sure of that, two of my friends own a business importing and modifying drift cars. One drives his personal road legal drift car as his daily driver. Can't remember the last time he got pulled over. Probably because he saves it for the track.

Dave Lobster
11th February 2010, 14:17
But of course we all know it's actually nothing to do with that. It's really just attention seeking "Looka moi - I'm a cock, looka moi - I'm a cock, LOOKA MOI - I'M A COCK!"

Corrected for you :)

scumdog
11th February 2010, 16:32
And of course you're perfect?

I thought so...

Touched a nerve eh precious?

I also drive noisy cars - but don't drive 'em in an annoying, noisy 'look-a-me, look-a-me' manner.

scumdog
11th February 2010, 16:34
And if drunken juvenile delinquents were not cruising around in cars then they would be walking the streets causing even more trouble and littering just as much, if not more than if they were in a vehicle.

Whereas now they're in cars, spreading that litter and trouble far and wide....

Flip
11th February 2010, 17:23

The family of the young lady who was killed on Moorhouse Ave a short while ago would disagree! I don't think that a noisy bike has ever killed some body.

The Boi race's rights to race a race car on the road does not in any way override the rest of the publics right to us the road and not be killed.

Flip
11th February 2010, 17:26

Substitte 'boi-racers' for 'drug pushers' or 'robbers" or 'murderers' and you get my point.

kwaka_crasher
11th February 2010, 18:48
Touched a nerve eh precious?

I also drive noisy cars - but don't drive 'em in an annoying, noisy 'look-a-me, look-a-me' manner.

In your opinion, which is entirely subjective.

kwaka_crasher
11th February 2010, 18:49
Substitte 'boi-racers' for 'drug pushers' or 'robbers" or 'murderers' and you get my point.

You don't have a point. You just hate anyone who isn't just like you. New flash: There are people that aren't like you that think exactly the same way. That makes YOU the target.

I expect that'll also fly right over your head.

Flip
11th February 2010, 19:14
You don't have a point. You just hate anyone who isn't just like you. New flash: There are people that aren't like you that think exactly the same way. That makes YOU the target.

I expect that'll also fly right over your head.

Funny thing is I dont feel like one. Why would I? I'm on the inside looking out. The boi racers are on the outside looking in.

kwaka_crasher
11th February 2010, 20:31
Funny thing is I dont feel like one. Why would I? I'm on the inside looking out. The boi racers are on the outside looking in.

Perhaps you're just not self-aware.