PDA

View Full Version : camping in greymouth

blackstars_10
23rd October 2009, 18:47
Hi all,
i'm planning on riding up to greymouth tomorrow. I'm just wondering if i'll be able to put up my tent at one of the backpackers without having a prior booking. I assumed it wouldn't be a problem so didn't make a booking, but not too sure now.
Alternatively, is there a freedom camping area around greymouth? Or any visitor laybys close by :whistle:.

JATZ
23rd October 2009, 19:08
Hi all,
i'm planning on riding up to greymouth tomorrow. I'm just wondering if i'll be able to put up my tent at one of the backpackers without having a prior booking. I assumed it wouldn't be a problem so didn't make a booking, but not too sure now.
Alternatively, is there a freedom camping area around greymouth? Or any visitor laybys close by :whistle:.

Not too sure about Backpackers and the like but there's a nice freeish (make a donation)camping spot at Nelson creek, a bit north of Greymouth,I think about 20mins/half an hour, pub across the road.Also try the Top10 holiday park
I couldn't get any accom in Grey so had to book in in Hokitika

McJim
23rd October 2009, 19:09
They don't like camp folk in Greymouth....'srural and they're homophobic like that....:rofl:

gijoe1313
23rd October 2009, 21:44
When Gremlin and I were scratching for digs in the Souf'Isles, we just turned up to Castle McJim and laid siege to the front gates till he let us in!

All the places we stayed at over the two weeks were biker friendly ... (mind you we did ring ahead and also asked about their attitudes towards bikers!)

Guess this didn't really help! :pinch: