PDA

View Full Version : Adieu, Farewell, Bon Voyage

Ramius
18th April 2005, 22:05
Hello Fellow kiwibikers...

What a 'F*@ked up few months' I have had to quote someone I spoke with today. After flying my ex-fiance up here last weekend and listening to my 3 1/2 year old niece (listen to the children, they know what they are talking about) I have decided for this period in my life I am no longer getting on a motorcycle. I am going to miss it, but I feel it needs to be done. More time needs to be spent working out me now. Having this accident and tests for cancer, it has been hell. And there are days where I just want to jump right back on, but I have been asked not to ride anymore by someone whose opinion I value more than anything and that is the case.

However, I am just on two weeks away from my return to Wellington, so it will be good to catch up with you guys, maybe some sort of dinner get together? However, first thing is first, must find place to live etc.

Oh, and thanks for it all guys & Gals. But don't think for a second that I won't be lurking around on here reading the posts every now and then.

Keep it all together everyone.

Your friend and former rider

Sean

Hitcher
18th April 2005, 22:08
Sean

It's good to know you're on the improve. Don't rush getting back on a bike. Only you can know when the time will be right.

It would be great to catch up on your return to Wellington -- a good opportunity for a KBer get-together for sure!

sels1
18th April 2005, 22:13
Sorry to hear we wont be seeing out on a bike again Sean. Maybe in the future huh? Hope all is going well on the health/recovery front, you have our best regards mate.

Skunk
18th April 2005, 22:32
Hopefully you won't be bikeless forever... all in good time though.

Sing out when you're back here - a get together would be a great idea.

And yeah, lurk...

Ms Piggy
18th April 2005, 22:41
Hey There - it sounds like your decision is well thought out. Take care & let us know when & where we'll be having the catch up :)

scumdog
18th April 2005, 23:59
You might not be a rider anymore but don't "throw in towel" with the KB family eh?

ManDownUnder
19th April 2005, 07:41
Full support from this corner dude... good luck with whatever comes your way. Would be good to hear you are on 2 wheels again at some point, but only you know the timing.

Keep well, and look after #1
MDU

Riff Raff
19th April 2005, 08:11
Best wishes Sean. Keep lurking and enjoy your time out from biking. Apparently there is a world outside of bikes - let us know what it's like!!!

inlinefour
19th April 2005, 08:22
Sounds like you know best and if your ever about and feeling the itch, I'll chuck you the keys for a wee stroll about on the Honda :msn-wink:

crashe
19th April 2005, 17:59
Sean, All the very best with your future....
Dont be a stranger on the site...

Who knows what the future holds.... one day you may decide to ride again.
But only YOU can decide that...... and if and when you do... the KB'ers will be there to ride with you.

I want to say thank you so much for the time that you took to help me out with the disc etc... you were truely wonderful and patient with me....lol.

Keep in touch, Sean you have my email addy.

All the very best.
Crashe.

Coyote
19th April 2005, 18:19
With the past experiences with bikes, no bloody wonder you want to have a break from them

Don't stay away from bikes too long

StoneChucker
19th April 2005, 21:22
Sean

We certainly respect your decision... I hope you stay in touch, and possibly look at biking in the future? If I had anyone else to consider, I might make similar choices, but for me, whadda way to go ey??? :Punk: :Punk: :msn-wink:

I REALLY enjoyed your bike description on your profile "Burning in hell" :killingme Wasn't that the truth!

All the best for the future.
Dave.