PDA

View Full Version : Are boy racers getting more stupid?

Insanity_rules
25th October 2009, 23:04
I was on my way home after a pleasant pootle tonight minding my own. Well I roll into the empty left lane at Totara park going north next to a shit box Daihatsu Charade. The light turns green and bugger me if Charade boy didn't peal off the lights with both bags lit. I thinks "Oh are we racing?" so to be a complete bastard I duck under the screen and nail the Duc within an inch of its life, well I had almost completed filling my tank at rimutex when Charade boy pulls in next to me. He strolls over I think here we go. He says "Wow Mr thats a fast bike, I thought I was going to drag you off".

Did he really? Don't these guys realise that even a good 250 can drag their sorry asses quicker that look at them? I get this quite a bit at these lights and it can get a bit hairy when your in the middle lane next to em. Do you guys get this too? When I was young and dumb I had enough nouse to realise that most bikes are faster and pealing out next to em can be dangerous. Thoughts?

Laxi
25th October 2009, 23:07
When I was young and dumb

yeah ya not so young anymore:shifty:

Insanity_rules
25th October 2009, 23:13
yeah ya not so young anymore:shifty:

What are you talking about equally as old fella? 99% of my young dumb shit you did as well right next to me! Oh the stories we could tell.

Laxi
25th October 2009, 23:19
What are you talking about equally as old fella? 99% of my young dumb shit you did as well right next to me! Oh the stories we could tell.

:stupid::ar15:

almost got taken out by some numb nuts in a skyline going to paikak today, dumb ass came round the corner overtaking a car and had to swerve back onto his side of the road, flipped him the bird and the S.O.B had the nerve to return it:mad: was tempted to turn around and hunt the kid down

gammaguy
25th October 2009, 23:23
:stupid::ar15:

almost got taken out by some numb nuts in a skyline going to paikak today, dumb ass came round the corner overtaking a car and had to swerve back onto his side of the road, flipped him the bird and the S.O.B had the nerve to return it:mad: was tempted to turn around and hunt the kid down

give them more cars and let them loose at a race track or an airfield.natural selection will sort them out:done:

Laxi
25th October 2009, 23:25
give them more cars and let them loose at a race track or an airfield.natural selection will sort them out:done:

so does a rock kept in your pocket for "special" occasions :lol:

cheesemethod
25th October 2009, 23:55
I remember back in my 'boy racer' days in the 'tron there were some bikers who came out on a friday night. Lots of noise and bravado for some dudes packing 250s. I think I saw some of the stupidest behaviour come from them - ie. trying to stoppy on a servo forecourt, but ending up loosing the front end and bouncing off a petrol pump.

But back to cars - yes, I do think boy racers are getting stupider, but all the easy credit has dried up so they're doing it in Charades instead of Evos.

James Deuce
26th October 2009, 06:02
2 points.

1. Once upon a time nearly every male had a go on a bike at some point in their life and learned about the inherent advantages of a bike's power to weight ratio.

2. The boy racers aren't getting stupider. They are as stupid as always. You're getting older.

CookMySock
26th October 2009, 06:25
Good fun! I don't have any animosity to young fellas in cars. They can stop and talk "performance" any time.

It is all very good to feel superiour to cars, but feeling superiour to car drivers is a little rough.

Steve

lanci
26th October 2009, 08:02
Scary thing is that more of these guys/munters are getting into motorcycling...

James Deuce
26th October 2009, 08:09
It's not scary at all, and you were one of those munters once, even if the memory has faded.

McJim
26th October 2009, 08:21
I've only got a wee six hundy twin which, for a bike, is regarded as gutless.

When I lived in Auckland I was coming home along Te Irirangi drive when a dude in a MAzda rotary pulled up beside me and started revving his car. I looked at him and shook my head. He revved again, again I tried to inidcate a lack of interest. He revved his engine again so I gave the Duc a fistfull and let the engine sing a bit. Well his jaw dropped at the noise and he gave me the thumbs up :2thumbsup: and decided not to try to drag me from the lights.

nico
26th October 2009, 08:27
mark thers a blkack xr6turbo i see at those lights most nights seems to hold his own when he can get traction lol

Cloggy
26th October 2009, 08:29
When I was young and dumb I had enough nouse to realise that most bikes are faster and pealing out next to em can be dangerous. Thoughts?

When you (and I) where young and dumb we were also living in a time without so much emphasis on Health and Safety and all that bullshit. Remember when you could ride your push bike as a kid without wearing a helmet or run out the back door and jump into the pool without having to stop to open a gate? Hell you were even allowed to climb trees and play bullrush at school.
Nowadays these kids are brought up in such a sheltered life where everything is safe. And if it could be the slightest bit dangerous then it will be labelled as such and will be covered in cones, warning signs, flashing lights and fluoro vests.
When this kid "peels the bags" on his Charade there are no flashing lights, warning labels, men in fluoro vests or traffic cones seperating you from him. So it must be safe right?

James Deuce
26th October 2009, 08:31
Cloggy needs to get out more.

Cloggy
26th October 2009, 08:43
Nah, I'm doing allright. Just a little peeved at H & S regulations and not being allowed to think for myself.

Str8 Jacket
26th October 2009, 08:47
Ha! My lil FXR has a few special mechanical needs and does not idle so I have to blip the throttle to keep it running when at lights etc, it is also bucket racer as well as my commuter it is also nyloned and numbered up. It gets some body trying to race me every morning and while they are not always 'youngsters' they are usually always men.... I kind of feel sorry for them, not just cause they were beaten across the intersection by a girl but by an FXR!!!

Its called the 'Traffic Light GP' in our house. We often use the lights as practice for our race starts. Can be a bit of fun, if your ego can take it! ;)

coffeejunkie
26th October 2009, 09:00
Traffic light GP...Str8 i love it:2thumbsup...Boy racers & even afew girls have tryed but failed to take balzy at the lights.....2 up even, it's always funny cuz i keep looking at the car shaking my head thinking yeh right, Alot of those boy racers end up down at his work eventualy

h211
26th October 2009, 09:21
Do you guys get this too?
I finish work after 12 most nights and usually get this somewhere on moorhouse ave. I never take off quick, but instead just chuckle to myself. I am a little worried to be implicated in a street race though even when im doing nothing if a cop were to see.

marty
26th October 2009, 09:26
Wasn't a red Charade with a poxy faced boy in it was it?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3074

Str8 Jacket
26th October 2009, 09:30
Wasn't a red Charade with a poxy faced boy in it was it?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3074

So you stalk skiddy then? Well done, a bit obessive though...

Wrong side of the country too.

FAIL.

Goblin
26th October 2009, 09:40
Its called the 'Traffic Light GP' in our house. We often use the lights as practice for our race starts. Can be a bit of fun, if your ego can take it! ;)Haha! You guys have some great traffic lights down there. I like to watch a certain MV in my mirrors when we take off from them. Front wheel always points skyward cos of the gear on the back.:laugh:
Great race start practice!

McJim
26th October 2009, 10:14
So you stalk skiddy then? Well done, a bit obessive though...

Wrong side of the country too.

FAIL.

Yeah we all know it's the wrong side of the country but it's good sport to have a pop at ol' skuddy from time to time.

Made me ladd anyway so....PASS!

:rofl:

Str8 Jacket
26th October 2009, 10:16
Yeah we all know it's the wrong side of the country but it's good sport to have a pop at ol' skuddy from time to time.

If only my life was so boring.... :whocares:

chef
26th October 2009, 10:36
they do it everytime, yet i still manage to drag there arses off on my 250

bull
26th October 2009, 15:27
Yip even on the Hyosung was no problem to beat most cars off the TP-GP lights, did get owned by a limted edition V8 Commodore though, only losses on the Aprilia have been to other big bikes.

SMOKEU
26th October 2009, 17:52
did get owned by a limted edition V8 Commodore though

That Commodore must have had a lot of work done to it then, because XR6 Turbos can't pull away from my GTI-R.

Insanity_rules
26th October 2009, 19:29
mark thers a blkack xr6turbo i see at those lights most nights seems to hold his own when he can get traction lol

I know that car and the orange XR6 turbo 4 houses from mine are big culprits at those lights. The orange one also does 90 in the 50 zone right past my house.

I have nothing against cagers or boy racers on the whole but when they do even more stupid things than us then thats where I have the issue.

awayatc
26th October 2009, 19:37
Kids are being told Harleys are slow......

I know, I know.....
I should know better and all that.....