PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Memorial service for fallen biker

glanvillejon
27th October 2009, 18:58
On Sunday evening at 5.10pm Matthew Edward Carpinter aged 31 of Kaiapoi was killed on his bike after leaving the Greymouth Street races.
It was his new bike and this was his first ride on it as I believe. I can understand how excited he must have been as it was my first trip over there on my own new bike. This sort of thing really affects us all, but none more than his family whom my heart and thoughts go out to.
I didn't know Matthew but like all of you, I want to go and pay my respects.

I have just found out that Matthews service will be held at Lamb & Hayward in Rangiora at 2pm on Thursday. I will be attending to pay my respects, his partner Liz doesn't mind if we attend on our bikes as long as we are respectful. Anyone interested in doing this please let me know and we will go together. I feel very sad for this family's loss and think it would be awesome for as many of us as possible to be there on our bikes, that is what I would want if it were me. Lamb & Hayward have a large car park if I remember correctly so should be enough room.

This is not something to go to and "show off - look at me look at me" I do NOT want to cause offence to Matthews family, only to show our support. I want Matthew to look down and see us all pull up at his service putting a smile on his face!

Zuki lover
27th October 2009, 19:03
That's a nice thought.

Never nice to hear of someone dying on their bike, and such a shame he never really got to experience this new bike of his.

My condolences to his family and friends. RIP