View Full Version : Rossi's Records

vifferman
27th October 2009, 21:37
Rossi Stats: He Has Not Missed A GP Since 1996
by staff
Monday, October 26, 2009
This just in from Yamaha:

VALENTINO ROSSI STATISTICS FOLLOWING HIS NINTH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE

In 2010 Valentino Rossi has continued to grow his legend and cement his place in the history of Grand Prix Motorcycle Racing. The Italian's ninth career title is his seventh in the premier-class and his fourth since joining Yamaha in 2004. Here are some more statistics from the fourteenth season of his career:

Rossi has now matched Mike Hailwood and Carlo Ubbiali with nine titles in all classes. Only Agostini with 15 has more.

Rossi's win in Assen this season made him only the second rider in history to take 100 wins in all classes. Rossi now has 103, 19 less than Agostini's all-time record of 122.

He already held the all-time premier class victories record, having beaten Agostini's tally at Indianapolis in 2008. He now a premier-class win tally of 77.

Rossi's win this season in Brno saw him take the all-time podium record with his 160th podium in all classes. He is also the only rider to have stood on the podium in the premier-class more than 100 times. Today's podium was his 163rd in all classes.

With 44 wins from 102 races since he joined the Japanese factory in 2004, Rossi is the most successful Yamaha rider of all time. He has 21 more wins than Kenny Roberts, Yamaha's next most successful rider.

Today's title means he has now won more titles for Yamaha than for any of the other manufacturers he has ridden for in his career.

His win at Misano, Italy this year was his 11th win in all classes on home soil.

He is the only rider in history to have won at least one GP in 14 successive seasons.

Other facts about Rossi's career

In 1997 Rossi became the second youngest ever 125cc World Champion after scoring 321 points and eleven wins.

Two years later, he became the youngest ever 250cc World Champion with nine wins.

In 2001 Rossi joined Phil Read as one of only two riders ever to win the 125cc, 250cc and 500cc titles.

Rossi's debut victory for Yamaha at the opening race of 2004 in South Africa made him the first rider in history to take back-to-back wins for different manufacturers.

After winning the MotoGP World Championship three times with Honda, Rossi took his fourth premier-class title with Yamaha in 2004 and became the only rider other than Eddie Lawson to win consecutive premier-class titles for different manufacturers.

Rossi remains the only rider to win the premier-class title on four different types of motorcycle: 500cc 4-cylinder two-stroke, 990cc 5-cylinder four-stroke, Yamaha 990cc 4-cylinder four-stroke and a Yamaha 800cc 4-cylinder four-stroke.

Rossi has never missed a GP since his 125cc debut in 1996. He has started 226 successive races in all classes, 166 of which have been in the premier class. Both of these are records.

Valentino Rossi - Career

Nationality: Italian
Born: 16th February 1979 in Urbino, Italy

World Championships: 9 (7 x MotoGP/500cc, 1 x 250cc, 1 x 125cc)
GP victories: 103 (77 x MotoGP/500cc, 14 x 250cc, 12 x 125cc)
GP podiums: 163 (126 x MotoGP/500cc, 21 x 250cc, 15 x 125cc)
GP Pole Positions: 58 (47 x MotoGP/500cc, 5 x 250cc, 5 x 125cc)
First GP: Malaysia, 1996 (125cc)
First GP win: Czech Republic, 1996 (125cc)
GP starts: 226 (166 x MotoGP/50cc, 30 x 250cc, 30 x 125cc)

ENDS

R6_kid
27th October 2009, 21:43
hmmm.... pretty average. :whistle:

merv
27th October 2009, 21:46
Fantastic.

AllanB
27th October 2009, 22:10
Bloody impressive stats.

You'd think he'd be getting bored at work!

p.dath
27th October 2009, 22:13
I wonder what his day to day, off the track, bike is. If he has one.

Crasherfromwayback
27th October 2009, 22:17

An XJR1300 among others I belive.

Amazing stats for an amazing racer.

The Stranger
27th October 2009, 22:17
Not bloody bad.
I guess gays (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=84077&highlight=rossi+gay) really can do anything.

vifferman
28th October 2009, 07:41
He gets the latest R1 from Yamaha, as one of his bikes.

Badjelly
28th October 2009, 11:11
Rossi has always given the superficial impression that he's brilliant but doesn't take things too seriously. A bit casual. But the statistics indicate his incredible discipline, determination and concentration. He's ridden near the edge in 226(?) races for the last 14 years and he's never injured himself so seriously that he's had to miss a race. His number of wins is impressive but his number of podiums is unequalled. Three times--Honda 990, Yamaha 990, Yamaha 800--he's developed the best bike in the MotoGP paddock (helped by a few hundred million dollars from Honda and Yamaha, it has to be said). Bloody amazing.

spookytooth
28th October 2009, 12:36
respect...

p.dath
28th October 2009, 13:19
Poor guy. Just imagine how many track girls he has had to sleep with being so famous.

He's probably exhausted.

avgas
28th October 2009, 13:35
Aqua - Barbie Girl
Michael Jackson - You are not alone
Queen - We will rock you
Ace of Base - All that she wants.....

Sorry miss-read title

avgas
28th October 2009, 13:35
Poor guy. Just imagine how many track girls he has had to sleep with being so famous.

He's probably exhausted.
And dead with syphilis

SixPackBack
28th October 2009, 13:38

He's probably exhausted.

Yeah right:whistle:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd300/SixPackBack/ucio.jpg?t=1256693906

White trash
28th October 2009, 14:29
Yeah right:whistle:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd300/SixPackBack/ucio.jpg?t=1256693906
Pictures certainly do paint a thousand words.

That Guy
28th October 2009, 14:35
Pictures certainly do paint a thousand words.

Or just two: Rossi's gay.

White trash
28th October 2009, 14:41
"Mama Mia! Wee-ah goin' to haff a greet beeg sosagefest ta-night my luff!"

White trash
28th October 2009, 14:43
Gay/Bi/Hetro, makes no difference. The man is absolutely astonishing on a motorcycle. I personaly believe the only rider of recent years to display as much promise is Mr Spies, who is going to be introduced on track to Mr Rossi in a matter of days.

That Guy
28th October 2009, 14:50
Gay/Bi/Hetro, makes no difference. The man is absolutely astonishing on a motorcycle. I personaly believe the only rider of recent years to display as much promise is Mr Spies, who is going to be introduced on track to Mr Rossi in a matter of days.

I agree with the bit 'bout Rossi....don't think Spies will cath the "4 Aliens" tho.

Crasherfromwayback
28th October 2009, 15:00
. I personaly believe the only rider of recent years to display as much promise is Mr Spies, who is going to be introduced on track to Mr Rossi in a matter of days.

Think you're forgetting me there mate!

White trash
28th October 2009, 15:15
Think you're forgetting me there mate!
I try very hard to.......

Crasherfromwayback
28th October 2009, 15:34
I try very hard to.......

Smee...did you see that wicked ride by Aoyama in Sepang or what?

That's how you win on a bike that's waaaaaay slower than the cunt you're racing.

White trash
29th October 2009, 07:07
Smee...did you see that wicked ride by Aoyama in Sepang or what?

That's how you win on a bike that's waaaaaay slower than the cunt you're racing.
Fuck yes. That was the race of the year for me. I'm looking very forward seeing Aoyama stand on the top of the podium for the season. Loved the way he was having none of the Spaghetti Slurpers bullshit and even handed some back.

Cool cunt.

slowpoke
29th October 2009, 07:33
.......--he's developed the best bike in the MotoGP paddock .

As amazing as Rossi is the contribution from Jeremy Burgess and the rest of the team can't be underestimated. Remember all those front end loses Biaggi had on the M1? When Rossi first rode it he came in shaking his head and complaining of it badly pushing the front, but it put a huge smile on Burgess's face 'cos he knew exactly how to fix it.

Imagine if Yamaha had just bought Burgess, it would have cost way less than they had to pay to get Rossi? Biaggi could well be a multi time champion now and Rossi would only be seen as good, rather than the greatest.

Burgess is to crew chiefs what Rossi is to riders.

Rodney007
29th October 2009, 07:46
go rossi!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,!!!!!!!!! hes not guna win next year IMO face off between, stoner and lorenzo!

Crisis management
29th October 2009, 07:54

Secure in our own sexuality are we?

As amazing as Rossi is the contribution from Jeremy Burgess and the rest of the team can't be underestimated. Remember all those front end loses Biaggi had on the M1? When Rossi first road it he came in shaking his head and complaining of it badly pushing the front, but it put a huge smile on Burgess's face 'cos he knew exactly how to fix it.

Imagine if Yamaha had just bought Burgess, it would have cost way less than they had to pay to get Rossi? Biaggi could well be a multi time champion now and Rossi would only be seen as good, rather than the greatest.

Burgess is to crew chiefs what Rossi is to riders.

While not diparaging Burgess' contribution I think you will find that Rossi is one of the few riders that can work constructively with his technical guys and provide meaningfull feedback...not "it doesn't work". This has been one of his strengths throughout his career, you don't get to achieve this much by being just a good rider.

PS. Even tho I am a Casey hater he rode bloody well at Sepang and PI.

NZsarge
29th October 2009, 08:04
go rossi!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,!!!!!!!!! hes not guna win next year IMO face off between, stoner and lorenzo!

Shit! People were saying similar things at the beginning of this year and the year before that too, a lot of people thought that was it when Stoner took the title but they never learn, never say never when it comes to Rossi's abilities on a bike in a race...
That said I read in an AMCN interview that he's finding it more difficult as the years go on to maintain his concentration during a race etc...

vifferman
29th October 2009, 08:11
I think you will find that Rossi is one of the few riders that can work constructively with his technical guys and provide meaningfull feedback...not "it doesn't work".
True. Edwards is another one.
Interesting that when Rossi fell off at Indianapolis (what a shit track that is!), he knew he hadn't made a mistake (in fact, he seemed realy perplexed), so the first thing he did was go and look at the telemetry to see what was going on, so he could learn from it. (I suspect it was just crap on the part of the track that was off the racing line).
His class really showed at Sepang, when despite his uncharacteristic error on the second turn, he made an almost heroic effort to go from 10th to third (as did Lorenzo going from last to fourth). It's a shame that both of them weren't dicing with Stoner at the front, as we would have seen a huge battle. Rossi was turning in the fastest laps, so Stoner would've had his work cut out for him.

Badjelly
30th October 2009, 12:13

They've already met (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Spies#MotoGP_Apperances) on 3 occasions. Mr Spies finished (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Spies#Grand_Prix_motorcycle_racing_results) 14th, 8th and 6th. Dr Rossi finished (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentino_Rossi#Races_by_year) 2nd, 1st and 1st.

pritch
30th October 2009, 12:30
never say never when it comes to Rossi's abilities on a bike in a race...

Absolutely!

I'm looking forward to Valencia, here's hoping circumstances don't prevent the race being as competitive as it should be.

Crasherfromwayback
30th October 2009, 15:30
His class really showed at Sepang, when despite his uncharacteristic error on the second turn, he made an almost heroic effort to go from 10th to third (as did Lorenzo going from last to fourth). It's a shame that both of them weren't dicing with Stoner at the front, as we would have seen a huge battle. Rossi was turning in the fastest laps, so Stoner would've had his work cut out for him.

Not quite sure how you saw it that way mate!

Stoner was how many seconds ahead after four laps? Only reason Rossi was cutting faster laps towards the end is that Stoner buttoned off a bit!!!

Crasherfromwayback
30th October 2009, 15:38
. Rossi was turning in the fastest laps, so Stoner would've had his work cut out for him.

For the record...it was a 21 lap race that Stoner won by 19.3 secs.

vifferman
30th October 2009, 15:54
Stoner was how many seconds ahead after four laps? Only reason Rossi was cutting faster laps towards the end is that Stoner buttoned off a bit!!!
Not true - the announcers said on several subsequent laps that Rossi had set the fastest lap time of the race, not just the fastest lap at that time. In part, that fits in with Rossi's style: he goes faster as the fuel load reduces. However, the track was also drying out slightly, so everyone should have been able to go faster.
Regardless of that, my point was that I would've really liked to have seen a head-to-head between Rossi and Stoner, but he spoiled that by going too hot into the first few corners, then let most of the field past (rather than risk crashing into anyone).

Crasherfromwayback
30th October 2009, 16:04
Not true - the announcers said on several subsequent laps that Rossi had set the fastest lap time of the race, not just the fastest lap at that time. In part, that fits in with Rossi's style: he goes faster as the fuel load reduces. However, the track was also drying out slightly, so everyone should have been able to go faster.
Regardless of that, my point was that I would've really liked to have seen a head-to-head between Rossi and Stoner, but he spoiled that by going too hot into the first few corners, then let most of the field past (rather than risk crashing into anyone).

I'm sure we all know how full of shit those fuckers are too! Rossi did indeed do the fastest lap of the race...but like I say...if it's a 21 lap race (and it was) ans Stoner wins by 19.3 secs...doesn't stand to reason that Rossi did too many faster than Stoner now does it?

BUT...like you...I'd have loved to see them go head to head again...like they did at Phillip Island. Oh that's right...Stoner gave hime the learn there too!:bleh:

Crasherfromwayback
30th October 2009, 16:24

To qualify my statement...Stoner was faster laps 1 thru to 11...more often that not by at least a sec...then laps 12 thru to 21 Rossi was fastest (as Stoner was so far in front he could afford to shut it down a tad) by not nearly as bigger margin as Stoner was over him.

vifferman
30th October 2009, 17:36
To qualify my statement...Stoner was faster laps 1 thru to 11...more often that not by at least a sec...then laps 12 thru to 21 Rossi was fastest (as Stoner was so far in front he could afford to shut it down a tad) by not nearly as bigger margin as Stoner was over him.
True.
I suspect if Rossi hadn't muffed the start of the race, he may have turned in faster lap times (not being held up by slower traffic), and no doubt Stoner would've responded as well. However (but!) this is all speculation. Stoner rode brilliantly and deserved the win.

Let's hope Catalunya brings some very close racing! The championship's all decided, so it will be racing for the sake of racing, and could well be VERY entertaining.

Crasherfromwayback
30th October 2009, 17:39
True.
I suspect if Rossi hadn't muffed the start of the race, he may have turned in faster lap times (not being held up by slower traffic), and no doubt Stoner would've responded as well. However (but!) this is all speculation. Stoner rode brilliantly and deserved the win.

Let's hope Catalunya brings some very close racing! The championship's all decided, so it will be racing for the sake of racing, and could well be VERY entertaining.

I'm with ya. It's (don't mean to be correcting ya again...but...)..it's Valencia though.

Pick your top three for next year!!

I reckon

1: Stoner

2: Rossi

3: Lorenzo...maybe Spies

vifferman
30th October 2009, 17:50
I'm with ya. It's (don't mean to be correcting ya again...but...)..it's Valencia though.
OOooops!

Pick your top three for next year!!

I reckon

1: Stoner

2: Rossi

3: Lorenzo...maybe Spies
I think your top three is right, but I wouldn't like to call the order.

I don't think Spies will win the "Champeenship of the ENTIRE world!" in his debut season.
Lorenzo's getting more and more betterer, and unless something 'untoward' happens, I suspect he could be the winner. I wouldn't rule out Dovizioso or Pedrosa being up with the front-runners, but I also think that a couple of seasons of not scoring too many wins tends to reduce their belief in themselves.

eelracing
30th October 2009, 18:36
Lets not be forgetting thats it's easier to take risks when you've got nuthin to lose.

sAsLEX
30th October 2009, 19:29
Spies, Stoner, Rossi and Lorenzo in a 4 way battle for first from flag to flag............ dreams are free.

Who cares what the result is if the above happens!!

trustme
30th October 2009, 20:01
Secure in our own sexuality are we?

While not diparaging Burgess' contribution I think you will find that Rossi is one of the few riders that can work constructively with his technical guys and provide meaningfull feedback...not "it doesn't work". This has been one of his strengths throughout his career, you don't get to achieve this much by being just a good rider.

PS. Even tho I am a Casey hater he rode bloody well at Sepang and PI.

Gotta disagree , The best have a mentor behind them & JB has been that for the Dr,Doohan & Gardner. Lawson & Rainey had KR, KR had Kel Caruthers. Schwantz wished he had a KR in his pits & more than 1 title would probably have been his.
The Dr made bloody sure JB went with him to Yamaha not just for his ability to twirl spanners.JB comes up with solutions that the Dr is prepared to try even at the last minute, the Dr is with out doubt the clearest thinker on the track.
They all have the will to win, the Dr knows how to win , that is the difference.

Crasherfromwayback
30th October 2009, 23:32
. Schwantz wished he had a KR in his pits & more than 1 title would probably have been his.

I used to be a huge fan of Revin Kevins. But after his comments about Stoner...I reckon he's a fucking poolick. Stoner has already won as many world titles as he ever did..against better opposition. So if Stoner needed to take some time out so as to not fuck his body/organs at such a young age...so he can come back and win more than ONE title...who the fuck is Schwantz to question why...when he himself 'retired' after breaking his poor lil wrist once too often. Then Wayne Gardner got in on the act??? Hello Wayne...one title wonder. People call them 'Legends'...well Stoner is already as much a 'Legend' as you cunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White trash
31st October 2009, 07:11
I used to be a huge fan of Revin Kevins. But after his comments about Stoner...I reckon he's a fucking poolick. Stoner has already won as many world titles as he ever did..against better opposition. So if Stoner needed to take some time out so as to not fuck his body/organs at such a young age...so he can come back and win more than ONE title...who the fuck is Schwantz to question why...when he himself 'retired' after breaking his poor lil wrist once too often. Then Wayne Gardner got in on the act??? Hello Wayne...one title wonder. People call them 'Legends'...well Stoner is already as much a 'Legend' as you cunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How was the Steinies last night Pete?

Crasherfromwayback
31st October 2009, 07:32
How was the Steinies last night Pete?

Few and far between actually mate! Saving myself for a good friends 40th tonight!

trustme
31st October 2009, 08:07

I'm of much the same opinion, Schwantz was one of the fastest, bravest, & dumbest guys to throw a leg over a GP bike.
There are people in the know who state that Stoner is the fastest guy out there. Rossi is a better racer with better race craft & a better bike over a wider set of conditions.

Crasherfromwayback
31st October 2009, 09:05
I'm of much the same opinion, Schwantz was one of the fastest, bravest, & dumbest guys to throw a leg over a GP bike.
There are people in the know who state that Stoner is the fastest guy out there. Rossi is a better racer with better race craft & a better bike over a wider set of conditions.

Hahaha...too true. I've had plenty of *discussions* here about who is fast...faster...and the fastest. And to me, it's not all that difficult to see when someone is REALLY fast on a bike. Stoner/Spies etc. Rossi truly is the master and certainly hell fast...but I've personally in all my time of going to and watching GP racing NEVER seen anyone ride a bike as fast as Stoner does.