PDA

View Full Version : Biker down in Wellington this morning

Ms Piggy
19th April 2005, 18:07
I just heard it on The Rock, didn't hear any details though - it was part of the traffic report. :confused:

I'm not surprised actually! Yesterday on my way from my house (in Newtown) to Massey University, which is around a 7 minute ride, I had 3 near misses!

Keep alert out there people.

Sorry I wasn't able to post this as a new topic until now.

F5 Dave
19th April 2005, 18:30
Heck, we thought we were being hunted in Auckland this weekend. I moved into the fast lane (wasn't holding anyone up as it was blocked too) just as it limited the amount of sides people would come at you from.

Sheesh!

Next time I'll fill the top box with cream donuts & Bec can flip a few on people's windows to garner their attention.

Skyryder
19th April 2005, 18:50
Just seems to be open seasonon bikes at the moment.

Stay sharp all.

Skyryder

riffer
19th April 2005, 19:56
Just seems to be open seasonon bikes at the moment.

Stay sharp all.

Skyryder

Yup. I took out a Hilux's mirror as he tried to "merge" into lane 1A at the Korokoro lights yesterday. Smashed his mirror... Scratched mine a tad.

I was so incensed I gave it full throttle and endured the most glorious power wheelie I've done in ages as I came off the crest.

Pity I wasn't expecting it and stupidly shut the throttle. Lucky I've had the snip. 'Cause I wouldn't have needed it after the bashing the jewels got on the way down. Still, nice wheelie while it lasted. :confused:

But yeah - they're out to get us. Maybe its like the flies and the cold - their brains work slower - it's definitely gotten chilly lately. I've got the full cold weather inserts, Kathmandu neck warmer and heated grips in the mornings now.

Heated grips :love:

Velox
19th April 2005, 22:38
Yeah - my bro got knocked off his bike the other day too (in Auckland) by a drunk woman doing a u-turn! :angry2:

wkid_one
19th April 2005, 22:39
Ahhhh - another group quietly sidestepping personal accountability by placing blame....gotta love it....the foundation on which our present legal system appears driven.

Frankie
19th April 2005, 22:43
not cool...

I saw a scooter man pushing the scooter he was thinking of buying over towards fanshaw st on teh motorway ... i guess he rolled it down over the bridge... couldnt fit the fucker into the stationwagon tho... but yeah, still gave red baron a word on where he was for him...

hope ya all look after each other ae :)

F5 Dave
20th April 2005, 10:12
Ahhhh - another group quietly sidestepping personal accountability by placing blame....gotta love it....the foundation on which our present legal system appears driven.

ooh look a post from self-righteous.com

Skunk
20th April 2005, 10:15
ooh look a post from self-righteous.com
:killingme :lol:

Lou Girardin
20th April 2005, 12:04

Where did you get that from?

PS Got a bike yet?

wkid_one
20th April 2005, 14:18
PS Got a bike yet?

Possibly...possibly not

Where did I get it from? I find it amusing how it always seems to be everyones fault except the person who got hurt/had the accident. The NZ legal system appears to be adopting this mentality as well following a beautiful example set by the US sytem - how long will it be before we see the ludicrious legal cases shown in US courts of law in NZ? For example - Cat burgulars who sue Sky LIght Manufacturers for using glass that won't hold the weight of a human body and winning?

I wonder if you could sue the NZ Medical Fratenity for not providing you with a users manual when you are born and therefore being responsible for anything that goes wrong along the road of life?

Point is - it amuses me that a post about a biker falling down - immediately gets the response that it must be a cage drivers fault and everyone is out to get riders? Heaven forbid the rider was going too fast, not paying attention et al......that seems to have never entered the conversation or train of thought.....

F5 Dave
20th April 2005, 14:36
. . . Where did I get it from?. . .

Point is - it amuses me that a post about a biker falling down - immediately gets the response that it must be a cage drivers fault .....

So again, . . where did you get that from?

Where does it say “Biker down, -must have been the driver’s fault”?

To be ‘amused’ at this thread gives you an air of extreme patronisation. I’m glad you are so high & mighty, the bastion of safety.

I do subscribe to the philosophy that preaches ‘if you have an accident then it is in some way your fault’, chances are something you do could have stopped it. But most people here were saying how they avoided one.

As for Velox’s brother being taken out by a drunk u turner then I feel for him as that’s maybe the hardest accident to avoid due to the angle they come at you from. Hope he is ok.

wkid_one
20th April 2005, 14:37
I just heard it on The Rock, didn't hear any details though - it was part of the traffic report. :confused:

I'm not surprised actually! Yesterday on my way from my house (in Newtown) to Massey University, which is around a 7 minute ride, I had 3 near misses!

Keep alert out there people.

Sorry I wasn't able to post this as a new topic until now.

F5 Dave - did you read the fucken initial post?

To paraphrase above:

I heard a biker fell, no details, I can see why I had three near misses...

And then the posts continue looking at how cagers are a risk to bikers - read them all? Yet I don't recall any references/evidence that cars were involved in the accident? As for - open season on bikers - well that just sums it up

And for christ's sake - The Simpsons amuse me as do many other things. And if it gives me an air of being patronising - I didn't try hard enough - I was BEING patronising!

Lou Girardin
20th April 2005, 14:51
Possibly...possibly not

Where did I get it from? I find it amusing how it always seems to be everyones fault except the person who got hurt/had the accident.

Statistics for multi vehicle accidents show that it usually is.
Now bike v diesel is a different story.