PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Tom's big ride home (15 Nov 2009)

TuonoTom
28th October 2009, 21:48
So the end of uni is coming and that means I'm going home for the summer! Myself, Dave-, McWild, harvd, Eliot, fireliv, phoenixgtr are leaving for Picton fairly early (about 8 i think...). Anyway if you would like to come for a ride with us to Picton then please do! Home is Whakatane by the way.

Going to miss all you awesome Christchurch people while I'm gone :crybaby:

Dave-
28th October 2009, 23:11
Tom, part of posting a ride is a date.

15th november.

I also believe that due to our sunday departure phoenix and liv cannot attend (thanks mcwild and harvd :P)

Harvd
29th October 2009, 12:56
:Oops:my bad...

McWild
29th October 2009, 15:48
I apologise for nothing

EJK
29th October 2009, 15:53
If I had a bike, I'd follow you to Kaiapoi.

Nah just kidding. I'm just saying I'm sorry I can't join the convoy ride but I really want to :(

TuonoTom
29th October 2009, 16:22
I apologise for nothing

Typical.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." BS.

Jantar
29th October 2009, 16:31
Can't you delay by a day and join in the Bikeoi protest ride to parliament. Leave on the morning of the 16th, cross that afternoon and be in Wellington for the big ride on the 17th.

TuonoTom
29th October 2009, 16:40
Can't you delay by a day and join in the Bikeoi protest ride to parliament. Leave on the morning of the 16th, cross that afternoon and be in Wellington for the big ride on the 17th.

We've already made the ferry bookings.

JMemonic
29th October 2009, 17:54
Have a good trip guys, I might come for a ride to Picton with you for the day I will see closer to time.

Flip
29th October 2009, 18:02
Im going up as well on Sunday, what ferry you on?

Im on the bluebridge at 1400

TuonoTom
29th October 2009, 18:09
Im going up as well on Sunday, what ferry you on?

Im on the bluebridge at 1400

We're on the Interislander, and are departing at 2.25pm. Keen to ride up with us? Keep us young ones under control? :p

Flip
29th October 2009, 19:17
Hell no what do you think am, a cop or somthing. Mrs Flip will be on the back so I won't be going fast, two up on 70hp bike that weighs in excess of half a tonne....... you can do the maths, I know cause I can also.

TuonoTom
29th October 2009, 19:22
Hell no what do you think am, a cop or somthing. Mrs Flip will be on the back so I won't be going fast, two up on 70hp bike that weighs in excess of half a tonne....... you can do the maths, I know cause I can also.

Yeah, but surely you can cruise at about 100?

Flip
29th October 2009, 19:29
Might be able to eventually get the bike up to 100. Since the bike goes from 0 to 100 in 4.0 (hours), by the time I get to picton I should be doing 100.

TuonoTom
30th October 2009, 12:17
Also I should mention that I'm having end of exams / whakatane trip drinks on Friday the 13th (of November). Everyone is welcome, PM me for my address and more details. :drinknsin

KiwiPhoenix
30th October 2009, 17:43
I would love to have come but thats the ladies track day at Ruapuna! But drinks sound good!!!! Will drop you a PM CBR250TOM to get the details!

Retroqueen
31st October 2009, 06:53
Oh the dilema!!!! Ladies track day ride to picton with the fellas, Ladies track day ride to picton with the fellas, Ladies track day ride to picton with the fellas, Ladies track day ride to picton with the fellas, Hmmmmmm i been waiting for that track day for ages but Tom wins :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Dave-
11th November 2009, 12:03
just a reminder and an update, this is this sunday, we'll be leaving chch at 7 as we have to get to the ferry by 12 at the latest.

edit: tom informed me we'll leave at 7am, not 8:30.

TuonoTom
13th November 2009, 13:52
Update: We will be meeting at the Woodend BP station at 6.45, hoping to leave by 7. If anyone is crazy enough to get up this early the please join us :yes:

Harvd
13th November 2009, 15:08
Update: We will be meeting at the Woodend BP station at 6.45, hoping to leave by 7. If anyone is crazy enough to get up this early the please join us :yes:

We are? Oh god...

Flip
13th November 2009, 15:13
We are? Oh god...

Ha ha ha.

Might see you if I can get out of bed early enough.

BMWST?
14th November 2009, 17:05
you could look in the accomodation spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am1jIU8w14g_dEg5YWVTOENLUm9ZTDhQbUJSV3lSb Xc&hl=en) and stay in welly for (probably nearly or possible totally) for free AND GO TO THE BIKEOI

KiwiPhoenix
14th November 2009, 17:36
Safe ride to you all heading north over the next few days! Have a great time guys! See you when you get back!

McWild
14th November 2009, 20:05
Unfortunately we can't get to the BIKEOI as our schedule just doesn't allow it.

Would be one hell of a day but yeah constraints demand.

EJK
15th November 2009, 07:08
Goodbye Tom~ :sunny:

Emlyn
15th November 2009, 09:27
Safe travels all, and enjoy your summer at home Tom! :)
Cheers
Em :)

Flip
16th November 2009, 15:56
Just a quick update.

Found them all brokendown on the side of the road just south of the Kaikorars. Andrews bike had dropped a chain.
Got Tom the the ferry just 10 min before it sailed. Just north of kaikora it blew 9 kinds of buggery right until wellington where we stopped. Tom did a great job of keeping his bike on the road.
The youngams were taken to Kaikora by the local AA agent and were waiting for a bike shop to open so they could get a new chain. They re-booked on a evening ferry. Dont know at this stage if they made it to the north island yet. Will txt Tom tonight.
Anyhows the Bikeoi is tomorow, will let you know how it goes.
Its the second time I have found Andrew broken down on the side of the road, not much I could do this time without a ute.

JMemonic
16th November 2009, 16:12
Just a quick update.

Found them all brokendown on the side of the road just south of the Kaikorars. Andrews bike had dropped a chain.
Got Tom the the ferry just 10 min before it sailed. Just north of kaikora it blew 9 kinds of buggery right until wellington where we stopped. Tom did a great job of keeping his bike on the road.
The youngams were taken to Kaikora by the local AA agent and were waiting for a bike shop to open so they could get a new chain. They re-booked on a evening ferry. Dont know at this stage if they made it to the north island yet. Will txt Tom tonight.
Anyhows the Bikeoi is tomorow, will let you know how it goes.
Its the second time I have found Andrew broken down on the side of the road, not much I could do this time without a ute.

Thanks for the update, there seems to be a theme her with broken down bikes, maybe its just my thinking.

EJK
16th November 2009, 16:14
:( = Andrew
:) = Mr. Flip
:sunny: = Tom

Dave-
16th November 2009, 19:09
In napier for the night, having a gret time, anticipate many hysterical posts.

McWild
16th November 2009, 19:16
As Dave has pointed out we're in Napier for the night at a sweet motel after a day of absolutely wicked riding. Motel has unlimited wireless for $5 hence all our posts.

And yes, you read Flip's post correctly, I managed to break down on a Honda four stroke. Chain broke and went flying. Woohoo.

Anyway a very, very long story short, a chain was eventually procured and we all met Tom in Wellington at 2 30.

Has been a wicked ride so far, the Rimutakas are the best road I have ever ridden. Absolutely incredible. Lots more great roads along the way too.