PDA

View Full Version : Little Angels and Dangerous Bastards

vgcspares
29th October 2009, 13:52
and no I'm not talking about Dangerous Bastard

can someone tell me why there are so many people on this site that appear to have no desire to work a bike like it was designed to be ?

I'm not saying we should be patch members with attitude, but where are all these dayglo vest slomos coming from, shouldn't they be on C90 step-thrus or something ?

ital916
29th October 2009, 13:56

can someone tell me why there are so many people on this site that appear to have no desire to work a bike like it was designed to be ?

I'm not saying we should be patch members with attitude, but where are all these dayglo vest slomos coming from, shouldn't they be on C90 step-thrus or something ?

For the same reasons why many gun owners cant go around shooting everything in sight. ;)

MSTRS
29th October 2009, 13:59
Jan Molenaar, anyone?

red675
29th October 2009, 14:11
my first ride was on a C90, I fell off it doing my first u-turn

vgcspares
29th October 2009, 14:31
Jan Molenaar, anyone?

I am not sure I follow you

are you saying Jan Molenaar rode a C90 and from that extrapolating (rather untenably) to a platform where you espouse all "Angels" are repressed souls who in reality share more with ex-US postal workers ?

or what ?

slofox
29th October 2009, 14:36
a

Please translate into half syllable words for the likes of me...

Bald Eagle
29th October 2009, 14:49
Keep taking the tablets folks

rainman
29th October 2009, 14:52

I think he means that unless you go 200kph around every corner, getting your knee down whenever you can, then you're not a Real Man and should ride a naffy bike like a cruiser. Alternatively he has a really small dick and feels unhappy about it, not sure.

Either way, my recommendation is: ignore the troll... :yawn:

PrincessBandit
29th October 2009, 14:55
I'll ride like an angel because I am one.

I don't care, quite frankly, if my bike isn't getting maxxed out when I ride it. It's my bike. I'll ride it how I like.

PrincessBandit
29th October 2009, 14:58
p.s. "all this day-glo" probably has something to do with the fact that many of us on this site are trying to promote safety in the interests of (a) self preservation and (b) the ACC campaign which we're currently embroiled in.

dino3310
29th October 2009, 15:13

I believe a production type bike was designed to put a smile on your dial, so if these slow pokes are getting a smile out of riding then good on them, if you dont like the speed there traveling click on your right hand indicator and proceed to pass. and as for there day glow vests i bet they get seen by cagers alot faster than they see you.
and for there slower speeds and glow vests who gives a fuck, as long as there safe and not causing hinderance to others, it dosent worry me one bit, i just ride my ride and give em a wave as i go by.

Stirts
29th October 2009, 15:14
Either way, my recommendation is: ignore the troll... :yawn:

+1 on that!!

"I've had it with these motherfucking trolls on this motherfucking site"

MSTRS
29th October 2009, 15:22
I am not sure I follow you

are you saying Jan Molenaar rode a C90 and from that extrapolating (rather untenably) to a platform where you espouse all "Angels" are repressed souls who in reality share more with ex-US postal workers ?

or what ?

I doubt he rode a C50. But he certainly went postal...
(He was the 'Napier gunman' - remember?)

Maha
29th October 2009, 15:28

Have you not been on a Coro Loop?

Rosie
29th October 2009, 15:36

My bike was designed to round up cows :yes:

I'm a timid little girl, and I'm afraid of cows :( So I use my bike for long-distance adventure touring instead.

Mr Kawasaki would be very disappointed :oi-grr:

McWild
29th October 2009, 15:54
I don't know maybe it's something to do with keeping licences/friends/working bikes/health.

vifferman
29th October 2009, 15:55
My bike was designed to round up cows :yes:

I'm a timid little girl, and I'm afraid of cows :( So I use my bike for long-distance adventure touring instead.

Mr Kawasaki would be very disappointed :oi-grr:
Surely you mean Mr Cow-a-saki?

Headbanger
29th October 2009, 16:33
Bear with him folks, The thread starter doesn't really understand motorbikes, Or the enjoyment people get from them.

He thinks its all about how fast he can wank his mangina.

Perhaps he will grow out of it.

Katman
29th October 2009, 16:56
Bear with him folks, The thread starter doesn't really understand motorbikes, Or the enjoyment people get from them.

He thinks its all about how fast he can wank his mangina.

Perhaps he will grow out of it.

Nothing more to add really.

george formby
29th October 2009, 17:43

Because the speed limit is 100kmh, the road surface changes every 10mtr & some people feel they have a moral responsibility not to put themselves or others at risk. It's madness to work a modern, powerful bike as it was designed to be on public roads. Get a track.

jimbo_on_travels
29th October 2009, 18:23
Sounds like OP hasn't hit the tarmac yet.. there are two types of motorcycle riders: those who have, and those who haven't. I'll happily wear a day glo vest and ride slow on my R6 if conditions say so :)

sinfull
29th October 2009, 18:36
Yeah fuckin aye !!! I'm gonna get me some of them spike stud bolts for my screen and carve the barstards dayglows, as i pass em up the inside !!!

gatch
29th October 2009, 18:41
Im dying for a chance to ride my bike as it was intended to be..

On a track..

pzkpfw
29th October 2009, 18:52
I'm not a real man.

There, I said it.

Because I'd cry if I got pinged by a cop.
Because I'd cry if I scratched my bike.
Because I'd cry if I scratched me.

To avoid these tears, I control how I ride.

That's not to say I'm a full-on Nana. I sometimes pass on yellow lines and I don't always ride at or below the speed limit. Sometimes I (gasp) only wear my unarmoured Draggin' jeans on my legs.

But I take into account the risk of pain (financial, mental or physical) in any choice I make when riding.

So I'm not a Man.

(But don't call me a girl, because there are real girls here who could kick your arse.)

AllanB
29th October 2009, 18:57
I don't wear a day-glow vest, however I sometimes spend hours in the evening just applying layers of lovely smelling polish to the paint-work. Beats watching crap on TV.

Big Dave
29th October 2009, 19:22
Sometimes I wear light colours like Navy Blue.

Headbanger
29th October 2009, 19:26
I have a shocking pink pair of wet-weather trousers.

Cool as fuck.

Keeps me dry and warm in the worst of conditions, And hell, they may even help me be seen through all the bad weather, and if not, I'm still dry and warm.

AllanB
29th October 2009, 19:26
Sometimes I wear light colours like Navy Blue.

Is that to match your eyes big boy?

dipshit
29th October 2009, 19:56
Funny, i don't remember Suzuki making me sign a contract or anything when they sold me a GSX-R...????

They couldn't give a fuck how i ride it. So long their customers stay alive and in one piece and keep buying more crap off them... what would they care?

Fatt Max
29th October 2009, 20:29
I really wish I could ride my bike like it was meant to be...I'm sure the manual says something about the bike not to be ridden by someone (and I quote from page 6, weight displacements)

"being the equivalent weight of the fucking bike you fat bastard, now fuck off and give the forks a chance"

So yes, 80kg lighter would allow me to ride the bike as it is meant to be ridden.

Dont know about a c90 but I had a ZX81 computer once...

Headbanger
29th October 2009, 20:35
Got to love the obvious troll.

He must be due to pop back in, Claim everyone barks like trained seals cause they sucks at te bike skillz.

Imagine if we were all so clever.:rolleyes:

Mumbles
29th October 2009, 20:46
For the same reasons why many gun owners cant go around shooting everything in sight. ;)

Your kidding right? :whistle:

ummmmm :Oops: yeah thats right dont shoot everything in sight :oi-grr:

Another reason below...

The Pastor
29th October 2009, 21:44
WTF you mean we cant???

Ecclesnz
30th October 2009, 09:21

There's a good point, but why is it called tourist season if you can't hunt the buggers?

Ixion
30th October 2009, 09:26

Many can't? So, some CAN ?

How do I sign up to be part of the 'some' ?

short-circuit
30th October 2009, 11:18
It doesn't bother me if people don't push themselves or their bikes towards the limits of the abilities of either - could give a toss...

but...I can't fucken stand the 'holier than thou' attitude that comes up in threads like these (particularly from goons that ride like a nana with the misguided belief that they are safe as long as they observe posted speed limits).

awayatc
30th October 2009, 11:34
I got a Harley Ferguson....
and I work at sea.....
So i am admittedly guilty as charged......
Can't use farm machinery as intended.....

Can I keep it anyhow......?
Please......?

ital916
30th October 2009, 17:38
Many can't? So, some CAN ?

How do I sign up to be part of the 'some' ?

First you have to be absolutely sure that you dont want to have the rest 25years of your life.

Ms Piggy
30th October 2009, 18:27

Yes - I no understand either.

MSTRS
30th October 2009, 18:49
*Sigh*
For an intelligent lot, you are being a bit on the heavy side with regards to the viscosity...
He wonders why someone with a 250+kph-capable bike would commute on it and wear a dayglo vest to boot.
He seems to think that such a bike should only be ridden on the stops. To the limits of it's design and performance. He fails to take account of the fact there is a little thing called 'other road users' - some of whom take exception to this sort of riding. Not to mention the distinct possibility that DEATH may tap one's shoulder...

BikerDazz
30th October 2009, 19:07
All power to those that wanna wear dayglo, but me...nah too gay bro!