PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Z1R

wkid_one
29th October 2003, 20:55
Hey - if anyone has, or knows of, a Z1R up for sale - please let me know.  Any condition is fine - provide the price is realistic - say 76ish

merv
30th October 2003, 12:45
Can't help you but man I used to enjoy it when Croz was riding one of those. Sadly he blew one at the '78 Castrol 6 hour after he was lapping faster than everyone trying to make up for his co-rider Tony Hatton having dropped it. Then remember the Aussie souped up one he used to reasonable effect during the Marlboro series that same year after having done well the prior year on the Z1000.

Kwaka-Kid
30th October 2003, 15:18
i remember being told of that~!!   har har /me has got a 1978 Z1R :D with a bored out Z1 900 motor in it atm as the origonal blew up.  mmmmm turbo charge it! and what would u want with one of these dan?

wkid_one
30th October 2003, 17:28
Have a colleague at work that is trying to recapture his youth and he rode one of these way back when adam played halfback and he wants a 'project'

LB
22nd November 2003, 15:30
Merv: I too remember Croz's Z1R from the Marlboro Series (though I was VERY VERY young!!) - it was hotted up by Ross Hannan and had the numberboard "H". I believe the "H" was because Croz was classed as an Australian rider and all overseas riders had letters instead of numbers - I think Gregg Hansford had "G" and Chas Mortimer had the "C" so Croz had to have another letter, and chose "H" because of Ross.

And remember the red and white Z1 Yoshimura "beast" he rode the season before? Man oh man that was incredible to watch....to see him chuck it round Pukekohe and Gracefield.

Lynda

merv
24th November 2003, 12:03
Yeah and lucky me I did buy the Marlboro series video so have some of the early footage to enjoy. I saw him on the Z1000 at Wanganui Marlboro series and was at Ruapuna the following year when he was on the Z1R. I guess it was exploits like that which helped secure his Suzuki ride overseas.

How many on this site remember that Croz is the only person to win at the Isle of Man, the Suzuka 8 hour and the Daytona 200 let alone his world championship performances? Agostini came close but never won at Suzuka (mind you he did win a few world titles instead).