PDA

View Full Version : No more sparks!

Geemsee
30th October 2009, 12:50
Are there any top auto electricians in Auckland, my Ducati has run out of sparks and it might be a dead ECU........plus a thousand and one other things as well!!!! Eek!!:crybaby:

kwaka_crasher
30th October 2009, 12:58
Are there any top auto electricians in Auckland, my Ducati has run out of sparks and it might be a dead ECU........plus a thousand and one other things as well!!!! Eek!!:crybaby:

Have you looked around the garage floor? Maybe they've just fallen off!

But seriously... do you have a multimeter?

YellowDog
30th October 2009, 13:06
Hey that sounds pretty bad (expensive).

My experience tells me that 'All dead' is a lot cheaper to fix than 'slightly dead'.

Get yourself a multimeter and start from the fuses.

Good luck.

Geemsee
4th November 2009, 12:06
Hey that sounds pretty bad (expensive).

My experience tells me that 'All dead' is a lot cheaper to fix than 'slightly dead'.

Get yourself a multimeter and start from the fuses.

Good luck.

Dare I say it but 'typically' after a lot of checking, testing and hunting around it was found to be just the ECU relay, a part that costs about $20!!!
So anyway all sorted thanks to AJ at Motohaus! :woohoo:

Geemsee
5th November 2009, 07:51
Dare I say it but 'typically' after a lot of checking, testing and hunting around it was found to be just the ECU relay, a part that costs about $20!!!
So anyway all sorted thanks to AJ at Motohaus! :woohoo:

Just in case you ever have the same problem on a Duke, this was the little bastid that caused all the trouble. Its rather 'cleverly' located behind the battery holder which in case you don't know on the 749/999's, means its in the belly pan directly behind the front wheel so as to maximise the amount of water and shite it gets thrown at it!!!!!:angry2:
So what did I learn from this experience? 1. Italians still can't design electrical systems 2. Ducati's are 'dry clean' only 3. I forgive my bike everything because..... well just because ok?!?! :love: