PDA

View Full Version : Akaroa GSXR idiot on Youtube

MVnut
31st October 2009, 12:34
Was told this morning about someone on a gixxer posting a youtube vid showing 290k/h.....can't find it......linky please anyone (better watch it b4 I rave on wot a:tugger:

EJK
31st October 2009, 12:37
There's a straight line enough to do 290k/h???

searching youtube

Is this it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/biUIut31yiA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/biUIut31yiA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MVnut
31st October 2009, 12:48
think this an older vid, the one I was told about is only a few weeks old, thanks EJK

breakaway
31st October 2009, 12:57
What kind of a piss poor video is that. Not even a single wheelie.

EJK
31st October 2009, 13:00
See his other vids.

mossy1200
31st October 2009, 13:12
Busa got a four clock set up.Looks like gsxr600 instruments.Just another nail in the ACC coffin.
I have a cam too but it only goes on the race bike because advertising bad behaviour on the road is :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbsbMpV4wKk

onearmedbandit
31st October 2009, 13:52
Wasn't me Chris! Top speeds are academic anyway. And EJK there are many straights here where you could achieve that speed.

skidMark
31st October 2009, 13:57
it's a kber... username munterk6.... hes my hero.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102638&d=1218349936

note the gsxr .co.uk whatever sticker u can see both in vid and in pic on his screen... he rides a dirty ktm now though.

JMemonic
31st October 2009, 14:03
Hmm I see a bloke I knows rig there and I know he's not long started taking it home so its recent, I also can tell its midweek.

onearmedbandit
31st October 2009, 14:16
it's a kber... username munterk6.... hes my hero.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102638&d=1218349936

note the gsxr .co.uk whatever sticker u can see both in vid and in pic on his screen... he rides a dirty ktm now though.

Initially I thought it was him too but I don't think any of his vid's showed that sort of speed, and checking his youtube account there are no recent vid's. There was also another rider down here on a 1000 who thought he was fast because he could pass people in a straight line...

MVnut
31st October 2009, 16:23
N.B. I put 'idiot' in the title OAB so that excludes you anyway lol.....and No I don't believe Munter is the culprit.....I just think it's plain stupid to post anything like this '290 km/h' clip on Youtube, gives the cops more ammo......(and no I'm not professing to be a fuckin' saint on the mountain):angry2:

imdying
31st October 2009, 16:31
gives the cops more ammoThey have collected more than that over the years, their own observations, chatting with motorcyclists, video footage, complaints from residents etc. You've contributed to that happily in the past, what makes you start such a hypocritical thread now man?

MVnut
31st October 2009, 16:38
They have collected more than that over the years, their own observations, chatting with motorcyclists, video footage, complaints from residents etc. You've contributed to that happily in the past, what makes you start such a hypocritical thread now man?

So you're suggesting I have given the cops plenty of ammo in the past??? WTF???

imdying
31st October 2009, 16:40
No, you've never sped on that particular portion of her Majesty's highways, and even if you had, I'd nawt out you on here anyway!

Having said that, the amount of sportsbike riders in Christchurch that haven't raped that poor piece of road must be pretty slim in number... if it ends up as an over policed 80km/hr, we'll all be to blame.

MVnut
31st October 2009, 16:47
Having said that, the amount of sportsbike riders in Christchurch that haven't raped that poor piece of road must be pretty slim in number... if it ends up as an over policed 80km/hr, we'll all be to blame.

Yeah I agree with that, all I'm saying is it's pretty dumb to post it on youtube, apparently it was a topic for conversation over at Greymouth St races ....if you (whoever it was) wanna do a vid that's cool, just show ya mates, not the world

imdying
31st October 2009, 16:55
Given that they've successfully tracked down more than one moron who's posted himself doing something dumb, I'd be pretty damn wary of doing it myself.

Maybe sportsbike riders should pay more ACC than cruisers :laugh:

MVnut
31st October 2009, 16:55
Thanks DMNTD, I'll look that up........ps this thread should probably be in Rant & Rave so feel free to move it ...mybad

onearmedbandit
31st October 2009, 17:00
It's bike related so it is fine here Chris. Now if you don't mind pm me the link or preferably a search tag.

FROSTY
1st November 2009, 10:23
Forgive me for being cynical here. Gixxer speedo's drive from the gearbox now dont they?
So if "a person: had fitted stunt gearing wouldn't that make the speedo reading hugely high?

skidMark
1st November 2009, 15:20
Given that they've successfully tracked down more than one moron who's posted himself doing something dumb, I'd be pretty damn wary of doing it myself.

Maybe sportsbike riders should pay more ACC than cruisers :laugh:

Cruisers can have more road wear levi then, since they weigh heaps.

onearmedbandit
1st November 2009, 15:39
Forgive me for being cynical here. Gixxer speedo's drive from the gearbox now dont they?
So if "a person: had fitted stunt gearing wouldn't that make the speedo reading hugely high?

Regardless a standard model will *show* 299 on factory gearing, and they have been clocked at up to 185mph. Anyway top speed is for bar room bullshit factor only really.

dipshit
1st November 2009, 16:02
Anyway top speed is for bar room bullshit factor only really.

But so is... "I went round a corner 'this fast', look at my lack of chicken strips"

avgas
1st November 2009, 16:02
Here is hoping that he got that Haemorrhoid cream at that truck stop. Poor guy looked like he was in a hurry for it - must have been hurting on that hard sports seat

onearmedbandit
1st November 2009, 16:42
But so is... "I went round a corner 'this fast', look at my lack of chicken strips"

Exactly. It's in the same vein as 'I have never had a crash so I'm a good rider'. Or the 'my [insert cheaper obviously slower bike in here]' can keep up with my mates [insert expensive faster bike in here] through the twisties'.

jrandom
1st November 2009, 17:02
look at my lack of chicken strips

:lol:

You're still sore about that, aren't you?

Awww, c'mere.

:hug:

rebel
1st November 2009, 19:50
Good cunt.

AllanB
1st November 2009, 20:18
I noticed a new billboard out that way today.

Picture of a yellow bike cruising along with the text:

"Enjoy the Ride, Not the Race"

It will be a shitter if they reduce that road to 80kms. If they do it will not be due to the motorcycles - it will be the increasing volumes of car traffic heading there each weekend.

PS - I still have small chicken strips on my rear tyre - is there a cream I can get to remove them?

jrandom
1st November 2009, 21:12
I still have small chicken strips on my rear tyre - is there a cream I can get...

Honey mustard dipping sauce is good.

SVboy
2nd November 2009, 11:13
If they reduced the speed to 80kms, would that really change much? For people who travel 40kms plus over the limit, the result of being caught will still be the same. Perhaps policing would increase for a while, but extra police resourcing on a targeted area is finite. Not that I am advocating this speed limit however, nor am I advocating silly utube posts. However, we mostly have to be a bit careful not to be hypocritical when condemning others for speeding on the Akkers GP. There may be some riding angels out there, but sadly I dont qualify!

onearmedbandit
2nd November 2009, 17:38
Nor do I! But I try to keep it within reason.