PDA

View Full Version : North Island: Kapiti Coast Thursday Night Cruise 2009-2010

Pages : [1] 2

Bren
2nd November 2009, 15:34
Time for weekly rides, summer is almost upon us.

Start time for rides at this stage will be 7.00pm, so please be at the designated departure point by at least 6.45 to roll out at 7 on the dot!

At this stage the departure point will be the southernmost end of the Coastlands carpark close to the warehouse.

Hope to see some people keen for a ride...

Bren
3rd November 2009, 07:44
Oh, one point that was brought up, please arrive fuelled up...

I propose that the first ride goes south to Paekakariki, then over the piecock hill, and ends up at the sandbar in Mana. From there we can ride home at our own pace. There will be regroup points on the ride. First one being the lookout carpark on Piecock hill, and second one the turnoff to Mana over the hill. Also depending on numbers there will be a Lead Rider and a Tail End Charlie...

Bren
4th November 2009, 10:15
*BUMP* First ride tomorrow night

zjet
4th November 2009, 23:14
Will be there. Happy to be the tail end if needed or lead, tho i,m a nana it times.

Bren
5th November 2009, 06:50
Well, Zjet, you may have to tail or lead...It might just be us....lets hope some more turn up...

Sparky Bills
5th November 2009, 07:35
I think you will find that most people already head over the hill for TRTNR.
Dont take it personally guys.

sinfull
5th November 2009, 08:24
The trick would be to meet in pram at 5 pm for a ride to the duck pond Bren, if you then choose to ride with the thursday crew, so be it !
You know you can count me out, if yr going anywhere near a pub for 1 or 2 !
1 in my book is a box, either 12 bourbons or 15 heinekens ! 2 and ya wont enjoy the ride and nor will i !

Darryn
5th November 2009, 12:30
I'm also in boys for the Kapiti ride. catch ya at the car park tonight. Darryn

Bren
5th November 2009, 17:03
Cya all there...I am gearing up now and leaving Otaki in 10 minutes

Her_C4
5th November 2009, 19:05
Well I raced home from work threw on my gear and out the door etc to arrive just on 7pm but no-one was there :no:.

Bren
5th November 2009, 20:18
Well I raced home from work threw on my gear and out the door etc to arrive just on 7pm but no-one was there :no:.

Sorry about that, we left at 7pm.....I will PM you with my cellphone number so you can text me next week if you decide to come along

Was a good ride over the Piecock...then ended up at the Monteiths bar in Mana...Lets hope next week the numbers grow...mind you it was very sociable with four of us....

Darryn
5th November 2009, 21:49
Bugger to miss another rider "Her_B4". We wont talk about the cop over the hill who gave us first three finger waves. The guy must have liked Bren cause he gave him the flashing lights

zjet
6th November 2009, 00:50
Sorry Her_b4 we did kinda leave bang on 7, was a fun lil ride.

Her_C4
6th November 2009, 07:34
Bugger to miss another rider "Her_B4". We wont talk about the cop over the hill who gave us first three finger waves. The guy must have liked Bren cause he gave him the flashing lights

Sorry Her_b4 we did kinda leave bang on 7, was a fun lil ride.

No problem guys - just back on a bike after a reasonable hiatus, so even the wee ride up to P'ram and back was cool :sunny:

Next time I will text to let Bren know I am coming:yes::scooter:

Bren
11th November 2009, 13:27
Okay, week 2...lets see if we can get some more people interested. I will be there same bat time, same bat place

yippee, that was my 1200th post

Leviticus
11th November 2009, 13:30
I am planning to tag along, Possibly bringing a friend

Bren
11th November 2009, 13:33
I am planning to tag along, Possibly bringing a friend

Good on ya mate, have a speights!

Darryn
11th November 2009, 20:33
I'm keen again for a burst as long as it doesn't rain
. (I shrink otherwise)

huff3r
11th November 2009, 20:56
I'm tempted to come up from porirua, if these rides are GN250 friendly.. allgood if they arent, i'm not working next weds so might finally make it to a WCNR instead lol

Bren
11th November 2009, 21:05
I'm tempted to come up from porirua, if these rides are GN250 friendly.. allgood if they arent, i'm not working next weds so might finally make it to a WCNR instead lol

Sure they are GN3250 Friendly....I am a slow rider myself...just ask those guys from last week they blitzed me....

Does your Ginny do 100?...My old one used to so guess you will be okay...

huff3r
11th November 2009, 21:17
Sure they are GN3250 Friendly....I am a slow rider myself...just ask those guys from last week they blitzed me....

Does your Ginny do 100?...My old one used to so guess you will be okay...

Depends on the strength of the headwind lol
Might wait it out till WCNR next week, just been itching to ride and pissed cos i had to work so couldnt tonight..

Bren
12th November 2009, 12:49
Just another reminder....6.45 at the southern end of the coastlands carpark...by the warehouse....and over the fence from BK...We roll at 7pm

zjet
12th November 2009, 13:38
C ya there.

Leviticus
12th November 2009, 16:51
Good on ya mate, have a speights!

I'll get the next one

See y'all there

Bren
12th November 2009, 21:24
Another good ride, but next week we need to do something other than the Piecock....Good to see the numbers have increased by 50%, lets hope next week we get some 250s or a harley...then maybe, just maybe I wont be last!!!...Nice to meet you Leviticus (Bugger if I can remember your name though)

Cya guys next thursday...and maybe tuesday too

Leviticus
12th November 2009, 22:01
Was a good ride, and the rain held off which was a bonus. Nice one Guys

Mark ;-)

Bren
15th November 2009, 16:49
Okay.....possible ride for this thursday...Paraparaumu to Shannon, across Shannon Foxton Rd, turn off at Himamatangi Block road up to SH53??, turn left and over to Sparkies Bar...then back home....What do ya guys think???

Darryn
15th November 2009, 21:16
No prob for me. I'm keen Bren

chanceyy
16th November 2009, 06:02
so ya didn't get lost then :laugh: .. hmmmmmmmm will see how things go (injection on thurs) may be in for a wee jaunt & can take you back over towards Tokomaru so you do not have to do boring SH1, will let you know & you can pick me up outside my gate :clap:

Bren
16th November 2009, 07:46
so ya didn't get lost then :laugh: .. hmmmmmmmm will see how things go (injection on thurs) may be in for a wee jaunt & can take you back over towards Tokomaru so you do not have to do boring SH1, will let you know & you can pick me up outside my gate :clap:

Sounds good Sandra :chase:

Her_C4
16th November 2009, 08:18
Okay.....possible ride for this thursday...Paraparaumu to Shannon, across Shannon Foxton Rd, turn off at Himamatangi Block road up to SH53??, turn left and over to Sparkies Bar...then back home....What do ya guys think???

I have no idea where all that is, but knee and weather willing I should be there for some of it...

Leviticus
16th November 2009, 09:23
I'll be there

sels1
16th November 2009, 10:39
hmmm just discovered this thread (I bin away)
See if I can come along sometime, and drag along a few others

carbonhed
16th November 2009, 11:14
If I parked up my bike after a ride like that she'd go all sulky and refuse to start for a week.

There has to be somewhere on the ride where she can howl at the moon, some exhilaration... That just looks like a flat, joyless, windswept slog to a pint of Amstel Light and then repeat on the way home.

I'll pass but that's not a problem. I'll see you in a fortnight.

Bren
16th November 2009, 11:35
If I parked up my bike after a ride like that she'd go all sulky and refuse to start for a week.

There has to be somewhere on the ride where she can howl at the moon, some exhilaration... That just looks like a flat, joyless, windswept slog to a pint of Amstel Light and then repeat on the way home.

I'll pass but that's not a problem. I'll see you in a fortnight.

hehe....ya love the piecock aye....there are a few corners yes....but not as many as doing the hill....

I have no idea where all that is, but knee and weather willing I should be there for some of it...
Text me if you are coming. I believe ya got my number...that way we wont leave ya behind...I wont be able to reply though...

Her_C4
16th November 2009, 18:38
Text me if you are coming. I believe ya got my number...that way we wont leave ya behind...I wont be able to reply though...

Will do - and thanks :)

Leviticus
19th November 2009, 08:21
Weather looking good for tonite. Might bring the "nine" for a run, but on my own again

Bren
19th November 2009, 13:20
Weather looking good for tonite. Might bring the "nine" for a run, but on my own again

Yup....lookin good for a run

cya there

Leviticus
19th November 2009, 13:25
cya there

What time ya leaving Otaki, cos i'll ride down with ya

Bren
19th November 2009, 15:33
What time ya leaving Otaki, cos i'll ride down with ya

Any other time and that will be fine....but I got errands to do in Pram so will be leaving Otaki as soon as I have a cuppa....gotta see the farkin out-laws....Ma Out-Law is havin her birthday so gotta look like I am doin the family thing aye

Leviticus
19th November 2009, 15:35
ok fella, see you down there

zjet
19th November 2009, 17:14
won't be out tonight guys, I have a date with a bourbon bottle :P

Darryn
19th November 2009, 17:32
Bugger :argh: . I'm bummed have to pick up my sister at the bus stop from New Plymouth tonight in Waikanae. Anyone keen for a ride on Sunday maybe Pahiatua Track loop or Martinborough loop

Bren
19th November 2009, 21:08
Bugger :argh: . I'm bummed have to pick up my sister at the bus stop from New Plymouth tonight in Waikanae. Anyone keen for a ride on Sunday maybe Pahiatua Track loop or Martinborough loop

Could be in for that...will see what happens on sat...twin cam poker run...

Darryn
19th November 2009, 21:23
Hi Bren. How was the ride tonight. Hay thanks for the reminder about the twin cam poker run I had completely forgotten about it. might catch ya there on sat all going well

Bren
19th November 2009, 22:46
Yeah was not too bad...only 3 of us though...went up past shannon and over to sparkys....all in all was a good run apart from Kamakazi Suicide bugs and loose gravel at the apex of a corner behind Otaki...

Laxi
19th November 2009, 22:52

Could be in for that...will see what happens on sat...twin cam poker run...

you guys could always make it sunday and head for the toppers protest while you're at it:scooter:
EDIT: scratch that! its next week lmao

Leviticus
20th November 2009, 18:09
all in all was a good run apart from ........ loose gravel at the apex of a corner behind Otaki...

Lucky I was at the back then;)

Lovely piece of road though, Will have to have a play everytime i head that way:Playnice:

Bren
26th November 2009, 05:20
Okay, who is in this week??????

See ya at 6.45 then

Leviticus
26th November 2009, 08:10
See ya there

Her_C4
26th November 2009, 10:21
Where might you be heading off to tonight?

I have just had a bundle of new camera gear arrive and I am tossing up between coming up and joining you or going off to play with the new gear.

I think the new gear is winning :Oops::whistle:

mazz1972
26th November 2009, 11:17
Me & hub will join you all sometime.....just have to get over the silly season first! Late night Thursday shopping at Porirua is the only time I've got to get xmas shopping done at the mo!

buggerit buggerit buggerit

Have fun tonight all!!

zjet
26th November 2009, 13:45
Would be out but i have been called in to work and i,m not 100% sure I will get there by 7pm I normaly close up the bar round 8-9pm. Flick me a Txt at 8pm might see if i can meet up with you guys.

sinfull
26th November 2009, 14:04
Hic up ....opps

Darryn
26th November 2009, 14:47
Sorry guys Im out tonight. Brothers birthday. All go hopefully for next week. Enjoy the ride

Bren
26th November 2009, 16:25
Where might you be heading off to tonight?

I have just had a bundle of new camera gear arrive and I am tossing up between coming up and joining you or going off to play with the new gear.

I think the new gear is winning :Oops::whistle:

Will probably hook off down south somewhere....piecock? dunno yet

Cmon, ya know ya wanna

merlin
26th November 2009, 16:57
This may be too late...but where are you meeting?

Bren
26th November 2009, 17:02
This may be too late...but where are you meeting?

We meet outside the Warehouse in Paraparaumu....we roll at 7...

merlin
26th November 2009, 17:33
ok. Too late this time...

I'll try and make it soon thought. Ride well and ride safe!

Cheers

Leviticus
26th November 2009, 21:48
Good ride again tonight. Great to meet Big Col, Post soon :Punk:

I think i will have to miss next weeks ride as I have a previous engagement on the 3rd http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=113463

Darryn
26th November 2009, 21:55
Ok lads make me jealous. Where did you head

Leviticus
26th November 2009, 21:57
Paekak Hill and Back to Gordy's

Darryn
26th November 2009, 22:10
Thanks for that Mark. Was a great night for a blast too. Bugger

Her_C4
27th November 2009, 09:31
Paekak Hill and Back to Gordy's

Where is this Gordy's that you speak of?

I passed you the other way last night (red and black) around the bays (at least I assume it was you lot and not a diffent random bunch of riders!) and tootled down to the roundabout and back after you (slowly!).

Thinking you may have stopped at Mana I called in there to introduce myself but couldn't see any bikes so I headed off up SH1 for a bit before acknowledging that you could have gone anywhere!:cool:

Leviticus
27th November 2009, 09:37
Where is this Gordy's that you speak of?
Back of Cobb & Co at Pram

Thinking you may have stopped at Mana I called in there to introduce myself but couldn't see any bikes so I headed off up SH1 for a bit before acknowledging that you could have gone anywhere!:cool:

Stopped at Monteiths to regroup, the back over the hill to Gordys.

Bren
4th December 2009, 00:18
Did anyone ride last night?

Darryn
4th December 2009, 09:10
Not me. Bike in bits and waiting on parts :doh:. Doing a 20,000 service on it. Was hoping to have it back on the road for the Wellington childrens toy run Sunday but not looking good at this stage

Leviticus
4th December 2009, 09:57
Me neither, Down in the big smoke for Drinkies and canapes with the National MP... LOL.

Came back over the hill incase i saw anyone, but no...

All good for next week though

Big Col
4th December 2009, 12:37
No not me, but should be a starter next week.

Leviticus
7th December 2009, 16:00
Who's in for the 10th?

Me for one

Darryn
10th December 2009, 08:52
If the weather and road drys this afternoon I would be keen

Gareth51
10th December 2009, 19:06
I see ya registered for the SI KB Rally Bren so I suppose ya packing tonight

Bren
11th December 2009, 00:37
I see ya registered for the SI KB Rally Bren so I suppose ya packing tonight

sorry cant make it down for that...it sux

Darryn
11th December 2009, 11:31
After last nights ride I have a new respect for Goldwings or should I say Big Col's space shuttle. Boy he can make it move. Ride was Paek Hill - over Haywards - Ngauranga - Paraparaumu Big thanks to Gordys Bar for putting on some chips for the lads

After a discussion during a brown quencher next weeks ride was planned

For all interested (17th Dec) weather permitting
Paekakariki Hill - Haywards - Karori - Makara - Johnsonville - Gordys Bar Paraparaumu

Bren
11th December 2009, 12:10
I cant make it...working...and missing the thurs night rides

Leviticus
16th December 2009, 19:31
I cant make it...working...and missing the thurs night rides

Dont worry, plenty more to come

Bren
17th December 2009, 09:52
I sure hope you guys get out tonight....glorious day....

I was so tempted to do the wed night ride lasty night but thought might be pushing things a bit...

Ya see, my wifes granny died yesterday and was in wellywood all frikkin day...decided not to do the run, out of respect to the wife but ended up at a mates place, then turnrd up home pissed as a newt....dont ask how i got home, cos I know Nuthin, NUTHIN!!

funny thing is bike is in driveway

zjet
17th December 2009, 17:36
I,m heading over the hill today so might just stop by the warehouse at 7pm and join you folk tonight if anyones keen.

Leviticus
17th December 2009, 17:42
The plan is we going that way anyhow... See ya there

Leviticus
17th December 2009, 20:34
Overall not a bad ride. Lol

Big Col
17th December 2009, 21:28
Overall not a bad ride. Lol
Can only agree, Even an average ride is better than staying home.

Leviticus
17th December 2009, 22:36
On a serious note though.. What is the protocol on a group ride if someone gets left behind?:beer:

Darryn
17th December 2009, 23:23
Great ride tonight and a nice turnout
Hi Mark
I reckon the rest of the boys who left you behind (myself included) ow u a beer each. When did u pull over as I thought I was tail end charlie. lost sight of the group when I hit a red light in Mana and only caught up with the others in Paraparaumu. Was surprised when found you were missing
Taught us all a lesson though as after your phone call I asked who had a puncture kit and Big Col was the only one
I am off to buy one in the next few days
By the way hows the worm hunting going. All those on the ride will know what I'm talking about :msn-wink:

Leviticus
18th December 2009, 07:30
Great ride tonight and a nice turnout
Hi Mark
I reckon the rest of the boys who left you behind (myself included) ow u a beer each. When did u pull over as I thought I was tail end charlie. lost sight of the group when I hit a red light in Mana and only caught up with the others in Paraparaumu.

Just coming up to the roundabout at Mana the back started wobbling, so i slowed and walked it to the BP garage.

zjet
18th December 2009, 21:24
You where right behind me coming outa J'vill so i thought your bike was sweet. Was planning to shout ya a beer at gordies will have to wait til the next ride.

Leviticus
26th December 2009, 20:57
You where right behind me coming outa J'vill so i thought your bike was sweet. Was planning to shout ya a beer at gordies will have to wait til the next ride.

Me and bike all back together now, but will have to get out before the 7th Jan though. Thinking of doing the Weds night ride on 30th if its on

Leviticus
3rd January 2010, 09:08
So who's in for this thursday? Same BatPlace, Same BatChannel

Darryn
5th January 2010, 20:16
Ok suffering from a back issue. wake up in the morning and stretch pulling something in your back - Bugger
Age must be catching up with me at 38
I'm keen to get out (nothing a overdose of nurofhen wont fix)
I know last ride talk was heading to wellington and around the bays is that cool or would you like to head up somewhere your way leviticus
Cheers
Darryn
Ps cooking a trip to the Forgotten Highway and back via coastline of new Plymouth leaving maybe a Friday arvo in Jan (post interest if anyone else is keen)

Leviticus
5th January 2010, 20:47
Bays sounds good, not much but straight roads up here. Obviously open for other ideas though.

Look after that back..... you never know when you might need it....

Darryn
5th January 2010, 21:01
Hay Mark. Have you ever done - Paekakariki - Haywards - Upperhutt - Akatarawa Valley - Waikanae
Its windy and great experiance with low gears. Mate if you have never done it It would be my pleasure to take you or anyone else there for experience (rated as a NZ Motorcycle Atlas Ride)
Whats your thoughts and others
Cheers
Darryn

Darryn
5th January 2010, 21:14
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;g=nz&amp;num=10&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;m sa=0&amp;msid=110840280826152945252.00047c67207104e3fc a57&amp;ll=-40.997568,175.05937&amp;spn=0.238389,0.113303&amp;output=e mbed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;g=nz&amp;num=10&amp;ie=UTF8 &amp;msa=0&amp;msid=110840280826152945252.00047c67207104e3 fca57&amp;ll=-40.997568,175.05937&amp;spn=0.238389,0.113303" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Thursday 7th - 7pm Run</a> in a larger map</small>

Leviticus
5th January 2010, 21:14
I have done that one, but if others are up for it, i'm in

Darryn
5th January 2010, 21:16
Hers a link of a suggested ride
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&g=nz&num=10&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=110840280826152945252.00047c67207104e3fca57&ll=-41.586688,174.979248&spn=2.161109,4.674683&z=8

Darryn
5th January 2010, 21:18
Bugger. Do you have any ideas of a possible outing or adventure

sels1
5th January 2010, 21:29
for experience (rated as a NZ Motorcycle Atlas Ride)
Whats your thoughts and others
Cheers
Darryn
And if you want to add a few more twisty bits turn left after Pauatahanui and take the moonshine road down to the Hutt instead of Haywards

Ps cooking a trip to the Forgotten Highway and back via coastline of new Plymouth leaving maybe a Friday arvo in Jan (post interest if anyone else is keen)
I could be a starter for that one, depending on dates etc

sels1
5th January 2010, 21:36
Bugger. Do you have any ideas of a possible outing or adventure
Pram - Paekak Hill - around the inlet - Tawa - Glenside (back road to J'vill) Ohariu Valley to Makara Beach - Karori (Quietl Lady Pub:apint:) and home down the Mway

Darryn
5th January 2010, 21:58
No probs for me if others are keen. Makara Beach - to actually get to the beach for a look would be nice as its been some years since I've been there

Paul in NZ
5th January 2010, 22:07
No probs for me if others are keen. Makara Beach - to actually get to the beach for a look would be nice as its been some years since I've been there

Its still fucking awful... The beach looks like it crawled up there to die, sort of a shingle stranding.... and the curtains still twitch from the goat bothering locals... Dire stuff...

Her_C4
5th January 2010, 22:23
Its still fucking awful... The beach looks like it crawled up there to die, sort of a shingle stranding.... and the curtains still twitch from the goat bothering locals... Dire stuff...

LOL Paul - I have no fecking idea how to bling you for that post, but when I do I owe you one! That echo's my thoughts exactly! LOL

Bren
6th January 2010, 00:54
I am so gutted about this shiftwork stuff...looks like it could be a good ride...How are the numbers nowdays???

sels1
7th January 2010, 07:53

LOL its not that bad, they have a cafe there now that serves proper coffee and a decent scone
But I do know what you mean

Leviticus
7th January 2010, 08:17
I am so gutted about this shiftwork stuff...looks like it could be a good ride...How are the numbers nowdays???

Last Thursday ride was 17th, and that had Six of us, Four the week before I think.

Leber
7th January 2010, 12:07
If the weather does not get worse, I’m keen to try the Kapiti Cruise I missed the last night’s Wellington Wednesday night cruise

Darryn
7th January 2010, 14:00
Im in. catch ya there :niceone:

sinfull
7th January 2010, 14:31
LOL Paul - I have no fecking idea how to bling you for that post, but when I do I owe you one! That echo's my thoughts exactly! LOL It's now at the bottom of the post Chrissy a star shaped thingy next to blog this post !

sinfull
7th January 2010, 14:40
LOL its not that bad, they have a cafe there now that serves proper coffee and a decent scone
But I do know what you mean
Licenced ??? And what time will this cruise be happening and where from sels ? Should i bring the speed 3 or will i keep up on the noisy toy ?

If the weather does not get worse, I’m keen to try the Kapiti Cruise I missed the last night’s Wellington Wednesday night cruise

Rain radar is following the forcast thus far so the wet stuff shouldn't hit till around 10 pm ! Just strong westerlies lol Makara should be a barrel of laughs !

Leviticus
7th January 2010, 15:30
Bit windy and blowy oop north, but as long as its dry when i leave i'm in

roadracingoldfart
11th January 2010, 06:20
Hi folks ,
Is there a ride this Thurs and what is the proposed route ???

Paul.

carbonhed
11th January 2010, 20:04
Hi Paul, guess it's pretty dependant on the weather as is the destination. Last week Darryn insisted we go to Makara in a nor' westerly hurricane... and we did... so there's no apparent limit to our stupidity.

Be good to meet you, Chris. :niceone:

Leviticus
11th January 2010, 20:11
I was gonna propose Wainuiomata Coast Road. Never been that way. Any others?

Darryn
11th January 2010, 20:14
[QUOTE=carbonhed;1129606686Hi Paul, guess it's pretty dependant on the weather as is the destination. Last week Darryn insisted we go to Makara in a nor' westerly hurricane... and we did... so there's no apparent limit to our stupidity.]

Chris just gets upset when we can stick with him
Was that wind I thought we just had a slight breeze. I've learnt to ride with a 45 degree lean (in sight of Chris's Taillight)
Hay boys just doing a bit of a recon with Leviticus for this weeks ride and were thinking maybe Wainuiomata Coast Road

Darryn
11th January 2010, 20:16
unless its windy :lol: or we could wait for a southerly for this ride

roadracingoldfart
12th January 2010, 06:21
I was gonna propose Wainuiomata Coast Road. Never been that way. Any others?

The trouble with Wainuiomata is the dead end effect, its not really all that good a road anyhow and there is nothing at the end to see or do . Thats why its part of Wainui lol.

If its a nice night i am going to come have a looksee and give the old pig a longer run that the daily commute .

By the way Carbonhead , it may not be good to meet me , im old skinny and generally non-conformist .

Paul.

Darryn
12th January 2010, 13:11
Never done Wainuiomata Coast Road on a bike so count me in Leviticus

Darryn
12th January 2010, 20:51
Hi all
Weather permitting this weeks Thursday night ride
Paraparaumu - Paekakariki Hill - Wainuiomata Coast Road - Then decided which way home for a personal fuel stop :apint:
Start point - South end of the carpark outside The Warehouse Coastlands
Takeoff 7pm
All bike types and others welcome to join at points on the way just lets us know where

Just check the thread before to confirm all go

Darryn
13th January 2010, 08:15
Kapiti Thursday Night Ride (14th Jan) 7pm Takeoff also posted on meetings and events

Hi all
Weather permitting this weeks Thursday night ride
Paraparaumu - Paekakariki Hill - Wainuiomata Coast Road - Then decided which way home for a personal fuel stop
Start point - South end of the carpark outside The Warehouse Coastlands
Takeoff 7pm
All bike types and others welcome to join at points on the way just lets us know where

Leviticus
14th January 2010, 08:55
See y'all there. Weather looking good too

Deano
14th January 2010, 09:18
Call in at the Station Cafe and Bar on Hutt Road on your way back and say g'day. TRTNR end up back there after a ride.

Toaster
14th January 2010, 12:39
Looks like a perfect night for the ride.

Leber
14th January 2010, 16:24
I will meet the ride at Paekakariki Hill lookout, I wll leave Wellington-Newlands about 6:00pm

Darryn
14th January 2010, 16:39
Yep all go and great night for it. catch ya all there or on the way :woohoo:

roadracingoldfart
14th January 2010, 21:32
Hey guys ,
That was a fun ride . Thanks for the chance to join you all and i hope to make a few more Thursday rides with you all.
It looks like the 22 year old Honda bus is still going ok anyhow.
The bugs on the Paekakariki hill were all aiming at my visor so it was a slow ride for me up there.

Again , thanks and catch you all later.

Paul.

Toaster
14th January 2010, 21:37
Great ride, great roads.... I could see myself getting into those again. Weather held out until the end run into town after the pub. Nice to meet you all.

Cam.

Darryn
14th January 2010, 23:10
Great turnout (9) and ride and always great to meet new faces (welcome Paul, Cam and I think it Hans). Thanks Paul for that lower hutt bypass route and also others for a enjoyable ride. Cheers Chris for the motorway patrol warnings and Cam dont leave your keys in your ignition around me. Would highly recommend a Wainuiomata Coast Road for a adventure and worth the effort for a ride
Great ride with great company. Cheers for that Darryn

Darryn
14th January 2010, 23:20
Forgot thanks Chris for the directions to the car park although i"m still the only rider who went to the very end of the Coast Road :laugh:

roadracingoldfart
15th January 2010, 19:21
Forgot thanks Chris for the directions to the car park although i"m still the only rider who went to the very end of the Coast Road :laugh:

From what i hear , if you had a bucket and a spade you may have stayed till dark alone at the end of the road . Thank heaven you forgot to take them with you huh.

Leviticus
15th January 2010, 19:37
From what i hear , if you had a bucket and a spade you may have stayed till dark alone at the end of the road . Thank heaven you forgot to take them with you huh.

I'm sure the sheep would have kept him warm.

Great ride (again) ... and good to see new faces too

Darryn
15th January 2010, 19:58
Yep Gravel (thats whats at the end of that road) a subject that will bring most road riders to tears. If I had known about the sheep I would have bought my velcro gloves

Hans
17th January 2010, 12:42
Yep, nice ride. I think I'll have to pass for the next couple of weeks, as things are shaping up to be pretty busy at work.

Darryn
20th January 2010, 15:17
This weeks challenge

Weather permitting this weeks Thursday night ride Paraparaumu - Waikanae - Akatarawa's - Upper Hutt - Paekakariki Hill - Drink stop ;)

Start point - South end of the carpark outside The Warehouse Coastlands takeoff 7pm

Heres the map of it http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&g=nz&num=10&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=110840280826152945252.00047d8fe5ef046eab5f4&z=12

Darryn
20th January 2010, 15:21
Kapiti Riders Thursday Ride (21st January) 7pm Takeoff

This weeks challenge

Weather permitting this weeks Thursday night ride Paraparaumu - Waikanae - Akatarawa's - Upper Hutt - Paekakariki Hill - Drink stop ;)

Start point - South end of the carpark outside The Warehouse Coastlands takeoff 7pm

Just check the thread before to confirm all go http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/117247-Kapiti-Riders-Thursday-Ride-%2821st-February%29-7pm-Takeoff

Heres the map of it http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?sourc...046eab5f4&z=12

Catch ya there

mazz1972
20th January 2010, 15:30
I hope you mean January....or I've lost a month somewhere! :confused:

carbonhed
20th January 2010, 15:34
I hope you mean January....or I've lost a month somewhere! :confused:

Darryn rides a Bandit... which explains quite a lot.

Darryn
20th January 2010, 19:55
Ok post fixed for you non time travelers. Sorry us Bandit riders still think we'll in the future

Leviticus
20th January 2010, 20:01
Ok post fixed for you non time travelers. Sorry us Bandit riders still think we'll in the future

In reality, you are still living in the past. ;-)

Im up for the January ride though

roadracingoldfart
20th January 2010, 20:09
This weeks challenge

Heres the map of it http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&g=nz&num=10&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=110840280826152945252.00047d8fe5ef046eab5f4&z=12

OMG do you actually ride a bike over the Akatarawas ??? ..

WHY WHY WHY .

Sorry Darryn ill sit that road out ......

Paul.

Darryn
20th January 2010, 20:40
Gidday there Paul. I know from seeing how you like to ride that this road will drive you insane but sometimes you have to do a ride that tests the abilities and lower gears of the bikes (or you could get off and push the bike around some of the corners) Its a challenge and thought that it could tempt others into having a look if they have never done it before. Catch ya Darryn

Darryn
21st January 2010, 16:52
Hi all. Akas could be off but well have a chat at the meeting spot and go for a ride somewhere anyway
See you there
Darryn

KapitiLizard
21st January 2010, 18:22
Drat. I missed this tonight as I was off playing Tag-o-rama
Is this a weekly outing ? I/ll even ride the Akas although it isn't my favourite piece of road
Andy

sinfull
21st January 2010, 18:34
Yeah gutted i missed this thread, i would have been into a akas haka ! Toes, knees, shoulders, pucker the arse, toes, knees, shoulders, pucker the arse !

roadracingoldfart
21st January 2010, 19:18
Gidday there Paul. I know from seeing how you like to ride that this road will drive you insane but sometimes you have to do a ride that tests the abilities and lower gears of the bikes (or you could get off and push the bike around some of the corners) Its a challenge and thought that it could tempt others into having a look if they have never done it before. Catch ya Darryn

Na mate its not the speed i ride or the road , they can be adjusted . The total dickheads in cars are what worries me with that route. I know 2 guys in wheelchairs and 2 guys and a girl in caskets after attempting to ride there.

I would however love to see it closed for a hill climb as i think it would be awesome.

PS; i never had an issue with lower gears and i definately have the ability lol. Some of the tracks ive raced on are totally 1st , 2nd & 3rd gear all the way.

Paul.

Leviticus
21st January 2010, 21:44
Well that was a really good ride. Forgot about the Akas, and went over Paekak hill, to Haywards, then SH2 to Aotea Quay, then Oriental Bay and all the other bays. Weather was great, and thanks to jonesy, Toaster and that Darryn Bloke for showing me another great route

Darryn
21st January 2010, 22:26
What a fantastic night for a adventure into the bays of Wellington after Paekak Hill. Can't say that I've seen Wellingtons bays any better than I saw it tonight. Great effort Toaster for joining us again and also Mark again coming all the way from Levin. Jonesy thanks for leading us in Seatoun as I know we would have ending up and a dead end road there instead of that cutting through

Darryn
21st January 2010, 22:30
Notice to Sinfull - As you continue to add messages into our Kapiti forums and never turn up for rides please could you use elsewhere to increase your thread count

Darryn
21st January 2010, 22:56
Na mate its not the speed i ride or the road , they can be adjusted . The total dickheads in cars are what worries me with that route. I know 2 guys in wheelchairs and 2 guys and a girl in caskets after attempting to ride there.

I would however love to see it closed for a hill climb as i think it would be awesome.

PS; i never had an issue with lower gears and i definately have the ability lol. Some of the tracks ive raced on are totally 1st , 2nd & 3rd gear all the way.

Paul.

Hi there Paul. I was going to send you up first to clear the way lol. I've dont it on the bike a couple of times from the Upper Hutt side but not from Waikanae end. I'm still keen at doing it when its dryer. Have you seen it's also listed in Peter Mitchell top 100 rides of New Zealand
Not nice to hear of those others in wheelchairs and caskets but the scareie thing is thats there dickheads in cars everwhere we ride
Will catch up for another ride with ya soon Darryn

Another bloody pom
22nd January 2010, 17:00
Oh well, I've been waiting a while to do my first pos around here, so I might as well make it random.

First time I went over the Akatarawas (was in a car) - I was appalled to see a guy coming the opposite direction, towing a boat! He was going too fast too, probably trying to keep away from the big line of impatient cars behind him. I couldn't help wishing he'd meet a similar numbskull going the opposite direction.

The second time I went over was a couple of months ago, on the bike. Even without the fuel light coming on around half way :doh: it was one of the most frustrating and ring-puckering rides of my life.

I don't anticipate a 3rd trip over that road, unless it's in a helicopter.

But there've been some good-looking Kapiti rides, and I'm keen to get my ass onto one if I get back from work in time.

Hello everyone.

Leviticus
22nd January 2010, 17:11
Welcome and Congratulations on the first post

Check this thread

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/111555-Kapiti-Coast-Thurday-Night-Cruise-2009-2010

for the up to date rides

Another bloody pom
22nd January 2010, 17:18
Welcome and Congratulations on the first post

Check this thread

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/111555-Kapiti-Coast-Thurday-Night-Cruise-2009-2010

for the up to date rides

Consider it bookmarked. Thankyou sir.

Looks like I'm playing Sinfull's game - I've not been on a ride yet and I've got my post count up to 2.

Leviticus
22nd January 2010, 17:32
you wont be able to keep that up for long, I'm sure Darryn will reprimand you aswell :msn-wink:

carbonhed
22nd January 2010, 17:49
Oh well, I've been waiting a while to do my first pos around here, so I might as well make it random.

First time I went over the Akatarawas (was in a car) - I was appalled to see a guy coming the opposite direction, towing a boat! He was going too fast too, probably trying to keep away from the big line of impatient cars behind him. I couldn't help wishing he'd meet a similar numbskull going the opposite direction.

The second time I went over was a couple of months ago, on the bike. Even without the fuel light coming on around half way :doh: it was one of the most frustrating and ring-puckering rides of my life.

I don't anticipate a 3rd trip over that road, unless it's in a helicopter.

But there've been some good-looking Kapiti rides, and I'm keen to get my ass onto one if I get back from work in time.

Hello everyone.

Welcome ABP. I share your sentiments on the Akas but maybe if we let Darryn go first to "clear" the road?

sels1
22nd January 2010, 19:02
Welcome ABP. I share your sentiments on the Akas but maybe if we let Darryn go first to "clear" the road?
Hey, the Akas can be good on a nice day. Or even at night - come home that way from the Wed ride sometimes. The good thing about doing it at night is you can see the headlights of opposing traffic a long way off. Not that there is hardly any at night anyway. You have to doge the odd possum tho!

James Deuce
22nd January 2010, 19:18
The Akas have never been nice on a bike and I'm continually astounded by the people who claim they are. I prefer the gravel road between Tinui and Alfredton to the Stoat Track of Death.

carbonhed
23rd January 2010, 10:32
Hey, the Akas can be good on a nice day. Or even at night - come home that way from the Wed ride sometimes. The good thing about doing it at night is you can see the headlights of opposing traffic a long way off. Not that there is hardly any at night anyway. You have to doge the odd possum tho!

Meh... there must be a perfect bike for the job but it's def NOT the 675. Something nimble, torquey from low down and with nice smooth fuelling... maybe the Tiger and Bonnie would both be good...

I came back over there when I hadn't had the bike long and decided that the wind was getting too severe to make the Taka's pleasurable. It was still wet up there though and bumpy, off camber corners, with gravel free tar in first and second on the 'Tona.... my hands are getting clammy as I type... I'm suprised my arsehole ever relaxed.

The "Stoat track Of Death" indeed.

Toaster
23rd January 2010, 13:50
Nice ride, weather held out. Only 4 bikes but great people.

Got through the P Hill ride a bit quicker this time. Only fishtailed once with too much wrist coming out of one corner.

Dunno why but have always hated riding downhill.... kinda like a fear of heights or something? (or sheep around the damn corner... again...)

Gareth51
24th January 2010, 22:43
The Akas have never been nice on a bike and I'm continually astounded by the people who claim they are. I prefer the gravel road between Tinui and Alfredton to the Stoat Track of Death.

Only do that road in the old 4x4 with bull bars.Always amazed with the amount of suicide jockeys you meet with their head down peddling as fast as they can using all the road

Gone Burger
25th January 2010, 19:01
Hey everyone.

I actually live in the Akatarawas up near Staglands. I've only been riding for 6 months and this road sure wakes you up before your ride. We have family that live in Waikanae, so often head over the summet. But Every week I'm up and down the road heading into upper hutt etc.

Sure is a hell of a road. Most of the locals are really good with the placement of their cars on the road, but the tourists who cut the blind courners on their way to stagelands are the real hazard. Not to mention the the logging trucks over the past few months.

Weee what a way to gain skills as a beginner rider. Just thought I'd share that with you all. Still plenty of bikes that head out here most weekends. Sorry, my dogs seem to like to bark at you all passing by :)

Would much prefer to star each ride somewhere else, but getting use to it now.

roadracingoldfart
26th January 2010, 06:23
So Mr Headmaster Darryn.......
Where we going Thurs then ???

Paul.

sinfull
26th January 2010, 06:54
So Mr Headmaster Darryn.......
Where we going Thurs then ???

Paul.Did you put you hand up before you spoke Paul ?

sels1
26th January 2010, 07:26
The Akas have never been nice on a bike and I'm continually astounded by the people who claim they are.
You must be easily astounded then Jim. Its just a road - there are worse ones in this country and better ones...its what you make of it

Meh... there must be a perfect bike for the job but it's def NOT the 675. Something nimble, torquey from low down and with nice smooth fuelling... maybe the Tiger and Bonnie would both be good...
I think you're on to it, the Bonnie is particularly suitable.

Weee what a way to gain skills as a beginner rider. Just thought I'd share that with you all.

There's a young bloke from Waikanae who enjoyed doing this road often on small cc bikes. He now races for the Museum Hotel team and is one of the country's most promising young riders.

Leviticus
26th January 2010, 13:12
Fingers crossed for yet another good ride this week.

roadracingoldfart
26th January 2010, 17:15
Did you put you hand up before you spoke Paul ?

Ahhhhhh stuff the hand shit , you only gotta do that for teachers , hes the headmaster so nobody asks with a hand .

roadracingoldfart
26th January 2010, 17:18
There's a young bloke from Waikanae who enjoyed doing this road often on small cc bikes. He now races for the Museum Hotel team and is one of the country's most promising young riders.

Your not suggesting Glen learnt to avoid obstacles on the Akatarawas are you . Hes good but nobody can avoid dickheads on that road , hes llike all of us on any road , luck had a big part in getting back home. Ractracks are safe compared to any road i know of.

Paul.

Toaster
26th January 2010, 21:25
Seems to be two threads running for the same ride group. Maybe get them merged and do a recurring calendar link too???

Other thread: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/111555-Kapiti-Coast-Thurday-Night-Cruise-2009-2010?highlight=kapiti

KapitiLizard
26th January 2010, 22:19
Yep, I agree with the Toaster. it's very confusing having the two threads covering the same material.

Toaster
27th January 2010, 13:54
Its also handy having a permanent calendar item with a link top the discussion thread where updates are given. Helps new riders find out about the ride too without having to scroll through meetings and events pages.

Yep, I agree with the Toaster. it's very confusing having the two threads covering the same material.

sels1
28th January 2010, 06:58
Your not suggesting Glen learnt to avoid obstacles on the Akatarawas are you . Hes good but nobody can avoid dickheads on that road ,
No, you're right about dickheads, Ive dodged a few, not just on that road. My comments were to those I quoted and were to do with the windiness of the road rather than the people on it.

sels1
28th January 2010, 12:39
So is this ride on tonight? I may be a starter

Leviticus
28th January 2010, 12:56
There is a ride on tonight as usual. Click on the link in my signature to see..

zjet
28th January 2010, 13:20
Went for a blast over the hill comeing back from Wellys today cool fog then but seems weather has lifted and will be dry for you folk. I,m going to be there seeing as one hill ride is just never enough.

I would like to prepose a small change in end venue for tonight tho as I wana kick all your butts on a pool table.
Chrrisy at Corner Pocket as extended her welcome for us to go and make some noise there.
Will chat with you boys about it tonight.

Darryn
28th January 2010, 13:30
Kapiti Riders Thursday Ride (28th January) 7pm Takeoff

This weeks Man Or Mouse Ride

Paraparaumu - Waikanae - Akatarawa's - Upper Hutt - Paekakariki Hill - Drink stop

Heres the map of it http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?sourc...046eab5f4&z=12

Catch ya there

Darryn
28th January 2010, 13:33
Kapiti Riders Thursday Ride (28th January) 7pm Takeoff - Man Or Mouse Ride

This weeks ride link http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/111555-Kapiti-Coast-Thurday-Night-Cruise-2009-2010?p=1129626882&posted=1#post1129626882

Darryn
28th January 2010, 13:41
Seems to be two threads running for the same ride group. Maybe get them merged and do a recurring calendar link too???

Other thread: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/111555-Kapiti-Coast-Thurday-Night-Cruise-2009-2010?highlight=kapiti

Hi Cam
Great ideas and will do after this week. Didn't realize there would be this much action on this thread

Leviticus
28th January 2010, 13:57
ive already done a calender link, and requested the threads are either merged, or other 2 dated ones are closed.

sels1
28th January 2010, 14:55
I'll be there :)

Toaster
28th January 2010, 15:24
Sweet, looks good. I will do my usual tail-end-charley routine.

See you at the start point by 7pm.

Big Col
28th January 2010, 15:53
Racing to be last, I can do that. See you at ghostlands.

Maha
28th January 2010, 15:58
Sweet, looks good. I will do my usual tail-end-charley routine.

See you at the start point by 7pm.

Watch for a few of those 'older' dudes Cam, they ride real bikes.....:girlfight:

sels1
28th January 2010, 21:41
Watch for a few of those 'older' dudes Cam, they ride real bikes.....:girlfight:

huh???? dont know who ya talking about - oh wait a minute, maybe I do....:shifty:

Darryn
28th January 2010, 22:10
On the way home tonight passed red and blue lights and a wee biker lad "Leviticus aka Mark" Do I need to bail you out or are you going to wait till after breakfast

Gareth51
28th January 2010, 22:36
A most pleasant wee ride tonight,took a kb friend along so she could meet a few of the local crew................coming back over the hill,nearly forgot she was on the back

Leviticus
29th January 2010, 06:30
The very nice man just wanted a closer look at my steed, and to give me some special vouchers to add to my driving record for being a good citizen. He also showed me the inside of his car to show me how fast he can go. It can go 126 if it had to. I was very impressed. He then gave me some kind of receipt and let me continue my journey. My oh my, you have some very helpful policemen over here.

sels1
29th January 2010, 06:54
The very nice man just wanted a closer look at my steed,
Cant blame him for that. But shame about the paperwork tho

Very enjoyable ride tonite (apart from Jonsey's whoops....bad luck mate)

Big Col
29th January 2010, 07:55
Man or mouse ride, I think the title helped. Good to meet Fellow bikers. Well we ALL made it through the Akatarawa rd with no mishaps. Darryn I think you should have a ride through Akas too, You would enjoy it im sure. haha. A most enjoyable ride, thanks to all.

Darryn
29th January 2010, 08:37
Yea fab turnout with 12 or 13 bikes turning up for the ride and bikes of all types
Jonesy was nice enough to show others how he can slide a bike and then aim perfectly his front wheel into a culvert, lining up a concrete pipe with his front wheel, using it to lift the rear wheel above his head and show all behind the bottom hidden technology of his motorbike.
Thanks I think its Dennis for the loan of the trailer and Doug for staying with the bike while we got it.
As we all agreed afterwards while over a beer. this happened in Reikiorangi not Akatarawas and all that entered the Akatarawas left the Akatarawas :shifty: (except for me aka now Mr Mouse)
Good on Gordies bar for putting on some chips and munchies for the lads and lass
Great night for a ride and great bunch of people
Catch ya at the next one

Leviticus
29th January 2010, 09:33
Darryn I think you should have a ride through Akas too, You would enjoy it im sure. haha. .

What a pussy ;-p

allycatz
29th January 2010, 10:29
Nice to meet you all and put a few faces to bikes and avatars....thanks to my chauffer for the ride...I was only petrified once ;)

Toaster
29th January 2010, 10:42
He elected for bail AFTER the showers.

On the way home tonight passed red and blue lights and a wee biker lad "Leviticus aka Mark" Do I need to bail you out or are you going to wait till after breakfast

Toaster
29th January 2010, 11:08
...hes llike all of us on any road , luck had a big part in getting back home. Ractracks are safe compared to any road i know of.

Paul.

Very good point mate.

The Akas road was hard going mainly due to the fear of a car coming the other way and its dubious surface. Even on a wider part of the road on the Hutt side I had to swerve way left to avoid a dick in a white Mitsubishi who decided he was on a mission and came flying around the corner well over my side.

Leviticus
29th January 2010, 14:03

All should be sorted now

Darryn
29th January 2010, 16:55
What a pussy ;-p

I'm a mouse not a pussy
Just thinking of how much cheese I could buy with your receipt you got last night from that lovely understanding caring policeman :Police:
Would have loved to join you guys at the top but someone with super human lifting powers was required down below (can lift small buildings with this tongue) Did make it originally around halfway up with Sels1 before we returned if that gets me any points

Helmets on and I'm bracing for the flack

Leviticus
29th January 2010, 17:31
Quite a big block of cheese. Enough to sustain a few of your kind for a long time. Squeek squeek. Don't worry I'm already looking for a suitable route that you can redeem yourself on :-P

carbonhed
29th January 2010, 18:54
Don't worry I'm already looking for a suitable route that you can redeem yourself on :-P

Big Col could probably provide a suitably scenic route from the Maungakotukutuku Valley to Karapoti. Darryn to lead the way... for safety's sake.

After trying, and failing, to kill us all last night... it's the least we should expect.

Leviticus
29th January 2010, 19:27
Big Col could probably provide a suitably scenic route from the Maungakotukutuku Valley to Karapoti. Darryn to lead the way... for safety's sake.

After trying, and failing, to kill us all last night... it's the least we should expect.

Damn, my plan foiled

Quasi
29th January 2010, 19:53
Big Col could probably provide a suitably scenic route from the Maungakotukutuku Valley to Karapoti.

Wow - ten thousand blings for correct spelling.......

Toaster
29th January 2010, 22:53
...Would have loved to join you guys at the top but someone with super human lifting powers was required down below (can lift small buildings with this tongue) Did make it originally around halfway up with Sels1 before we returned if that gets me any points

And given no one was there with those powers, you helped out anyway ;)

Sorry mate, points for getting halfway up is like asking for a discount on a speeding ticket. Just don't happen nun!! There I was riding as slow as I could without falling over just so you could catch up to someone!! Hehehe.....

carbonhed
30th January 2010, 10:08

:laugh: Cool. I have ten thousand blings. Now to find something to spend them all on.

Bren
30th January 2010, 11:55
Sounds like Thursday night was a good ride, other than an unfortunate incedent featuring a bike and a culvert...The last few nights have been spot on for riding. I did the Paekakariki hill after work on wednesday Night(read 12am), and it was just superb. Riding on a warm still night with the moon out is magical. I am just really missing getting together with other riders. 12 riders is good...thumbs up guys...

Leviticus
30th January 2010, 12:10
I am just really missing getting together with other riders. 12 riders is good...thumbs up guys...
Is this permanent late shifts, or will we see you in the future?

Bren
30th January 2010, 12:17
Well, if I go full time there the chances are that I will be working 4 on, 4 off..2 days then 2 nights...but that will not be till at least autumn...so chances are next summer I will be in again, at least for some rides

Darryn
30th January 2010, 20:51
And given no one was there with those powers, you helped out anyway ;)

Sorry mate, points for getting halfway up is like asking for a discount on a speeding ticket. Just don't happen nun!! There I was riding as slow as I could without falling over just so you could catch up to someone!! Hehehe.....

If you carry on Cam I 'll snip those wires on your ipod and make you listen to Big Col's "wind beneath my wings" CD on his Goldwing oops I mean space shuttle (When you see him ride it your understand)
We did catch up with you guys but just at the wrong end. I promise I'll try harder next week

sels1
31st January 2010, 16:52
Ha yes he did well, but can he pronounce it???

Quasi
31st January 2010, 16:58
Ha yes he did well, but can he pronounce it???

:rofl: a few bourbons and he could probably even speak swahili......and we would probably all understand as well

Darryn
31st January 2010, 19:21
Well, if I go full time there the chances are that I will be working 4 on, 4 off..2 days then 2 nights...but that will not be till at least autumn...so chances are next summer I will be in again, at least for some rides

Hi there Bren and long time no see
Looks like time to arrange a Kapiti weekend ride. Mark and Collin have been talking about a Vinegar Hill ride and I'll keen also (providing I'm not required for lifting) plus I'll sure there be others interested. Thinking a weekend day ride would suit. Whens the next time you get a saturday or sunday off
Background - Brens the starter of the Kapiti Thursday night ride and unfortunately got a new job that doesn't let him get out on thursday nights anymore
Bren I can write you a really good sick note if required although gravel rash may be hard to explain if contracted :laugh:

Toaster
31st January 2010, 22:37
Weekend ride sounds good. If most ride in weekends it could be a regular addittion just as done in SATNRs weekend ride event.

Darryn
2nd February 2010, 17:40
Kapiti Riders Thursday Night Ride (4th February) 6:30pm Takeoff
Since the ride didn't manage to kill you all last week (almost had one) here's this weeks ride :innocent:

Paraparaumu - Paekakariki Hill - Haywards - Rimutakas - Drink stop Featherston - then return :Punk:

Start point - South end of the carpark outside The Warehouse Coastlands takeoff 6:30pm

Please note takeoff at 6:30pm instead of 7:00pm

Catch ya there

Ps please check the thread beforehand if weather is dicey

Leviticus
2nd February 2010, 19:33
Well I'm in, will be bang on 6.30 though

Big Col
2nd February 2010, 21:50
I gotta pick friends up at airport, [late] so yep Im in. Also another friend may be a starter, on one of those Buell things, 1125cr I think.

Leviticus
2nd February 2010, 21:51
Calender has been updated to suit 6.30 departure

Toaster
3rd February 2010, 16:57
Cant make it this week. Birthday party to go to.

roadracingoldfart
3rd February 2010, 19:08
Cant make it this week. Birthday party to go to.

Cool aye guys , we can all go for a ride and then go back to Toasters for a party.

What a sweet man he is asking us all round for an inpromtu party.

sels1
3rd February 2010, 19:49
Im up in the Naki at the Mo, dont think I will be back in time so maybe next week

Leber
4th February 2010, 11:13
I will join the ride on Paekakariki Rd opposite Red Jazz café, about what time do you think the ride will get to Pauatahanui village?

carbonhed
4th February 2010, 13:49
I will join the ride at Paekakariki village opposite Red Jazz café, about what time do you think the ride will get to Paekakariki village?

Might be better to sit at the top of Paekark again mate. That way we're not all going to get tangled up in that intersection. Nice day to sit up there.

Should be up there 6:40 to 6:45 ish

Everbody noticed it's a 6:30 takeoff?

Darryn
4th February 2010, 15:38
I will join the ride at Paekakariki village opposite Red Jazz café, about what time do you think the ride will get to Paekakariki village?

Now I'm confused (which doesn't take much) is Red Jazz café in Pauatahanui or Paekakariki
If Pauatahanui we'll proberley have a catch up point along the road or at that carpark anyway. At a guess would be there around 6:45pm ish
See you somewhere around there

Leviticus
4th February 2010, 16:21
Well I'm in, will be bang on 6.30 though

Change of plan. Not playing tonight. Just got in from Work and I'm knackered. Have fun guys, it's a nice night.

W/e ride would be good I think

Sketchy Snr
4th February 2010, 16:39
:D Will be coming again tonight.

Gareth51
4th February 2010, 20:55
Couldn't make it tonight...................work and more work

Matey
4th February 2010, 21:16
If anyone organises a weekend ride I'd be a starter.

Sketchy Snr
4th February 2010, 21:19
Couldn't make it tonight...................work and more work

No excuse boss :laugh: Naa was a good ride but you've done plenty lately so it was my turn.

Leber
4th February 2010, 21:34
:ride: Great ride tonight, I must admit Moonshine road is not my favourite road, glad that Sketchy Snr knew the way, It is always good to meet new people and great to put names/avatars to faces

Big Col
4th February 2010, 21:42
Good ride again, What say we head north next week, Mark may come out to play if we go past his place. I need him to bring his bike out and blame all the noise on his bike, Nice to meet the new people.

Darryn
4th February 2010, 22:25
:ride: Great ride tonight, I must admit Moonshine road is not my favourite road, glad that Sketchy Snr knew the way, It is always good to meet new people and great to put names/avatars to faces

Great turnout again for the ride

At least you guys got to experience Moonshine Road. :weep: Been last to leave the pub in Featherston, getting stuck behind a car on the Rimutakas and finding all the double yellow lines from there to eternity (going to need some professional counselling for that) Hitting every red traffic light I could find plus missing the Moonshine Road turnoff - Why do people always talk to you about the turnoffs like you know where they're talking about (only pictures of the exact turnoff or spray painting an arrow on the road itself will be accepted next week)
Managed to catch up with the others at the other side
Great adventure though :niceone:

roadracingoldfart
5th February 2010, 06:38
Thanks for the ride guys (and a lady) , it was good to stretch the legs again with you all.
I agree with Colin , gotta go north or we are just going to have that Hutt bunch getting to the destination before us every week lol.
If anyone needs more mossies from Paekak hill i still got a couple of million ingrained in the leathers so drop me a line for delivery details.
Shame you missed Moonshine Daryn , Chris loved it and asked to do it as a regular fixture on the rides.
Thanks again ,
catch you all later.

Paul.

Toaster
5th February 2010, 13:10
Lets hope its fine like this next Thursday for a good ride north.

If it looks like going to the crappers by Thursday, how about a shift of night to earlier in the week? Just an idea.

carbonhed
5th February 2010, 17:02
Shame you missed Moonshine Daryn , Chris loved it and asked to do it as a regular fixture on the rides.

Paul.

Hard to say which part of Moonshine I "enjoyed" the most... could it have been the impossibly tight corners, the narrowness, the one lane blind briges, the stray bits of loose gravel or the nagging feeling that absolutely anything could be waiting for me around every corner... so much to choose from :eek5:

However the thing that I really hated is scarred onto my brain... a certain larger individual on a blue trail bike who kicked my arse and then waited at the end of the road with a big shit eating grin. That truly sucked :weep:

Sketchy Snr
5th February 2010, 18:52
Hard to say which part of Moonshine I "enjoyed" the most... could it have been the impossibly tight corners, the narrowness, the one lane blind briges, the stray bits of loose gravel or the nagging feeling that absolutely anything could be waiting for me around every corner... so much to choose from :eek5:

:

Would have to agree with you there bud. It was fun even through the rain storm of bugs :yes:, they weren't happy just to pelt me but come up the inside of the helmet as well. ( mental note, do not lift visor to let bug out ). Wifey had a laugh when she seen my helmet and said lucky i choose my full face. Great all round ride, cheers all.

Toaster
5th February 2010, 19:37
Yeah but bugs in the teeth is free protein!!!!

zjet
5th February 2010, 19:40
Sighhhhh ....

You buggers I get there at 2 past 7...... 7:02pm and no one to be found, did my fav hill anyway and had a ball, you guys must have cleared out all the bugs for me :)

Toaster
5th February 2010, 19:47
Sighhhhh ....

You buggers I get there at 2 past 7...... 7:02pm and no one to be found, did my fav hill anyway and had a ball, you guys must have cleared out all the bugs for me :)

Yes it was a special start time of 630pm sharp this time, given the distance and need for extra bug collection time.

roadracingoldfart
5th February 2010, 20:02

However the thing that I really hated is scarred onto my brain... a certain larger individual on a blue trail bike who kicked my arse and then waited at the end of the road with a big shit eating grin. That truly sucked :weep:

Hes not larger than life , Colins just cuggely aye Col.

I thought you said "i really hated that" because we came to the end of the road and back on the boring highway again ..... did i misunderstand what you meant ?
I really liked the hessitation at the side roads you did , i thought fuck me , hes takin a detour already and then you changed your mind just as i downshifted ready to follow you.
Whats more , you got in the way lol, i had a trailbike to catch and couldnt .

Paul.

roadracingoldfart
5th February 2010, 20:06
( mental note, do not lift visor to let bug out ). Wifey had a laugh when she seen my helmet and said lucky i choose my full face. .

Hahaha so you were silly enough to lift the visor for the inside visitor too aye .... I did it over Paeak and really regretted it , just by Battle Hill.

Sketchy Snr
5th February 2010, 20:30
Sighhhhh ....

I see you managed to do a little sharpening of your pool skills as well :cool:

Darryn
5th February 2010, 21:00
Ok guys and girls lifes too short so heres a ride to Vineger Hill plus some back roads for this Sunday 7th February for all interested :scooter:

Takeoff 8-30am Waikanae railway station carpark

The thread link http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/118222-Kapiti-Coast-Sunday-%287th-Feb%29-Ride-Waikanae-to-Vinegar-Hill-plus-backroads?p=1129637176#post1129637176

Catch ya there or later :shake:
Darryn

Bren
6th February 2010, 00:54
Hmmm, lets see...sat (Today) I drive up to New Plymouth to pick up my new project, sunday will be exhausted...but will see how i feel, and see how the bank balance is.....Next weekend i might be a go but not sure....gotta register a 2nd bike...

HappyGOriding
6th February 2010, 08:34
Great route youve chosen Darryn done that a couple of times but in the other direction. What time do you think you will be hitting levin?

Darryn
6th February 2010, 11:13
Great route youve chosen Darryn done that a couple of times but in the other direction. What time do you think you will be hitting levin?

Would guess turning from SH1 into Kimberley Road SH57 around 8:55am if your keen

HappyGOriding
6th February 2010, 14:28
No probs I'll be waiting just on the other side of the crossing.

Darryn
6th February 2010, 18:44
No worries. Catch ya there

zjet
7th February 2010, 11:39
I see you managed to do a little sharpening of your pool skills as well :cool:

Yep tho I don't think i,m getting any better :P

Missed Sunday ride due to Sevens recovery.

Darryn
9th February 2010, 21:40
Kapiti Riders Thursday Night Ride (11th February) 6:30pm Takeoff

Well a few boys have asked for a right north with a stop point of Sparkies Bar Himatangi
Though we might explore some out blocks in the process
Check out the map link below

Paraparaumu - Otaki back road - Manakau - Shannon - Mangahao Power Station - back roads to Sparkies Himatangi - Drink stop - then via Himatangi back road to Foxton - Levin then home

Heres the map of the intended ride
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&g=nz&num=10&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=-40.867834,175.588989&spn=1.09251,2.389526&z=9&msid=110840280826152945252.00047f2750fa0bb79ad2c

Start point - South end of the car park outside The Warehouse Coastlands takeoff 6:30pm

Please note takeoff at 6:30pm instead of 7:00pm

Catch ya there

Ps please check the thread beforehand if weather is dicey

18th Feb - Next weeks ride is either around the wellington bays or Makara details to follow next week

Toaster
9th February 2010, 21:52
Nice! Do we need the goldwing to tow a trailer this time??!!

Bren
10th February 2010, 01:39
Kapiti Riders Thursday Night Ride (11th February) 6:30pm Takeoff

Well a few boys have asked for a right north with a stop point of Sparkies Bar Himatangi...

...Paraparaumu - Otaki back road - Manakau - Shannon - Mangahao Power Station - back roads to Sparkies Himatangi - Drink stop - then via Himatangi back road to Foxton - Levin then home

Heres the map of the intended ride
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&g=nz&num=10&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=-40.867834,175.588989&spn=1.09251,2.389526&z=9&msid=110840280826152945252.00047f2750fa0bb79ad2c

Darryn, word of warning...Otaki Back Roads...That Gravel on that tight Left Hander is still there, at least it was on sunday...Ya remember when we did it with Leviticus...left a few brown stains....So please caution every one

Nice! Do we need the goldwing to tow a trailer this time??!!
Well ya might do if ya go too fast round that corner...almost chewed me up and spat me out a while ago!

Toaster
10th February 2010, 07:51
Sounds like an extra thick pair of undies is required!

HappyGOriding
10th February 2010, 11:38
Hey Darryn planning on a bit of gravel riding out the back of the power station aye....what was it big col said about abs and gravel?

if this is a goer tomorrow I'll be waiting at Ohau school, seems the best place looking at your map

Darryn
10th February 2010, 19:35
Hey Darryn planning on a bit of gravel riding out the back of the power station aye....what was it big col said about abs and gravel?

if this is a goer tomorrow I'll be waiting at Ohau school, seems the best place looking at your map

Hi Richard
Not ever again intentionally (gravel ridding) although the small stretch on the Forgotten Highyway trip will be a exception

I've done the ride to the first dam (in the gravel) and gave up on reaching the second dam
Have a wee bit of advice for that area. If you by chance enjoy the environment and happen to leave your visor open to take a little more nature into your life beware of the occasional wasp that decides that landing on your helmet and crawling inside might be a good idea. Then two things go though your mind. Hitting the picks doing 60km's in gravel and ripping off your helmet dancing around like a fairy was one of those strange logical thoughts that quickly pass through my brain. The other was to flex every mussel in my body to become super strong and hard which will deflect the impending sting below my eye. Luckily for me it decided to instead craw back out at which time a sonic boom was created as I closed my visor with speed

Thought the power station might be a place of interest and there was a back road out that way also
Catch ya at the Ohau School I'm guessing around 6:55

Toaster
11th February 2010, 08:53
It will be interesting to see what the weather does later today. Been wet here in Pauatahanui so far. Very low rain clouds.

Leber
11th February 2010, 16:06
Is it still on tonight it looks ok from Wellington but is it ok up the Kapiti Coast ?

Darryn
11th February 2010, 16:12
Ok here's the update for tonights ride

Just come back from Otaki and its dry there until I hit Waikanae
Checked in with Mark in Levin at 4:55pm and its dry there
Checked Palmerston Norths airport webcam and its dry there

Thinking once we are clear of Waikanae we should be right ;)
So all good for tonight's ride

Catch the keen 6:30pm there :woohoo:

Toaster
11th February 2010, 16:16
Ok here's the update for tonights ride

Just come back from Otaki and its dry there until I hit Waikanae
Checked in with Mark in Levin at 4:55pm and its dry there
Checked Palmerston Norths airport webcam and its dry there

Thinking once we are clear of Waikanae we should be right ;)
So all good for tonight's ride

Catch the keen 6:30pm there :woohoo:

So its dragracing on Palmy North airport runway then??!!

Leber
11th February 2010, 17:01
Dame I do not think I can make it to start point by 6:30pm, was looking forward to this one, hope you have a dry ride.