PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Cup Day

Trudes
3rd November 2009, 07:41
So who's going to have a flutter today? What are you backing? Or did you luck out and draw the horse paying $200 to win in the office sweepstake?
I don't bet normally unless I go to the track, but The Cup is one that always draws me in being that I love GGs and going to a Melbourne Cup is on my bucket list.

MisterD
3rd November 2009, 07:54
Pass me a cup of "who cares" please. I really don't see what all the fuss is about...just poor Antipodean version of the Grand National, without the fences to make it interesting...

Cookie Monster
3rd November 2009, 08:07
I am going to Wingatui today(to work unfortunatly) But my tip for the cup is Roman Emperor. Super trainer Bart will get his 13th Cup

Trudes
3rd November 2009, 08:55
It's just like anything, if you're not interested then you wouldn't care. It's just something that breaks the monotony of the day for some of us ;)
I'm backing Viewed (Mr Cummings), Alcopop (just cause) and Daffodil (Kiwi pony)

Katman
3rd November 2009, 09:32
Well I've drawn Roman Emporer.

I've just got to hope Max Biaggi has one more win left in him.

ynot slow
3rd November 2009, 10:08
The winners on the day are the Victorian Racing Club.110000 people in the gate minimum entry of $75Aus,to get into the stands $150plus.Be first time in ages dad and/or his partner haven't taken a tour to it in last 20 odd years.

p.dath
3rd November 2009, 10:38
I'm keeping my money in my back pocket. It has the best odds.

Big Dan
3rd November 2009, 11:52
I've drawn the following numbers in the office sweep

not sure what odds are for these GGs as i can't get on the TAB website right now

anyone know if i have good odds or not?

i'm hoping 17 comes in

slofox
3rd November 2009, 11:56
Mmmm - not placing a bet this year...nothing jumped out and said "back me!" when I read the forms last night...so no go.

michael
3rd November 2009, 12:00
Heading to ellerslie racecourse for the race then dinner, then the after party in Parnell. Any excuse to get pissed :woohoo: Might pick Daffodil for a place, if I'm gona bet it might as well be on a kiwi.

soundbeltfarm
3rd November 2009, 12:15
the trainer of daffidol is my old boss when he was living in Patea.
Fukn hard as nails but a real good genuine guy.
He has helped so many people over the years.
The funny thing is , he never bets. he said if he did he'd be a broke man .\but i bet he does today.

i got a boxed percentage bet on 1, 4 , 8 , 11 , 20 , 21 with minimum return of 32 percent.
heres bloody hoping.
trifecta pool is growing fast
i also put 20 E/W on daffodil just since kev trains it.

Trudes
3rd November 2009, 12:18
So will we see the winners post just after 5pm? Or will you all be out celebrating? :laugh:

cc rider
3rd November 2009, 12:44
me....I'm just enjoying the sleep in....worked Monday...off Today...work Wednesday...off Thursday to Sunday....:woohoo:

Goodluck Trudes & all you flutterers.

Going to go lay in the back yard in the sun for a while....:sunny:

Hopeful Bastard
3rd November 2009, 16:05
Has won the Melbourne Cup. Congratulations to those that were backing this horse! Now share out your cash!!

Trudes
3rd November 2009, 16:07
Gee you're quick! That was Shocking!!:laugh:

Hopeful Bastard
3rd November 2009, 16:09
Was busy watching it myself too! :lol:

I am sittin right beside the tv charging the lappy

wbks
3rd November 2009, 16:09
Was busy watching it myself too! :lol:

I am sittin right beside the tv charging the lappyIs your room clean yet?

Bren
3rd November 2009, 16:12
Well I lost...was a Shocking result....

I was backing Roman Emporer and Daffodil

Hopeful Bastard
3rd November 2009, 16:12
Is your room clean yet?

Hehe.. Not really.. :innocent: I got a delivery from 1Tonne so my stuff is just sitting on my bed at the moment.. Im not at mums this week..

But back to the race.. Anyone here that was backing Shocking and Crime Scene?

Big Dan
3rd November 2009, 16:47
Well i won the office sweep so thats a nice early birthday present for friday YAY me

soundbeltfarm
3rd November 2009, 16:52
i won nothing at all.
my wife won money for a place and my 7 yr old son made a bit .
i both my boys 5 dollars to bet and luke put 5 to win on shocking.
i wonder if i am promoting gambling in their lives?
oh well

flyingcr250
3rd November 2009, 16:55
i won $32 on "crime scene" to place.

gatch
3rd November 2009, 17:06
Its a rubbish redundant sport, cracks me up.

Most of australia shuts down to gamble on a bunch of midgets riding living pet food rolls and glue sticks..

Should be a fuckin cartoon.

DJSin
3rd November 2009, 17:08
a win for me - yay :)

doc
3rd November 2009, 17:08
What were the numbers of the first three, from the page in the Harold. I ran the sweep at work. I missed it :crybaby: and ferkin tv doesnt show the numbers.

Hamish Carlson
3rd November 2009, 17:27
won a hundy in profit, pretty sweet

Trudes
3rd November 2009, 17:35
Good work you winners!!

Gibbo13p
3rd November 2009, 17:35
<table class="raceResults greyborder"><tbody><tr class="odd"><th class="c1">21</th> <td>Shocking</td> <td>Corey Brown</td> <td class="right"> 9.90 </td> <td class="cl right"> 3.60 </td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <th class="c1">8</th> <td>Crime Scene</td> <td>Kerrin McEvoy</td> <td class="right">
</td> <td class="cl right"> 10.80 </td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <th class="c1">5</th> <td>Mourilyan</td> <td>Glyn Schofield</td> <td class="right">
</td> <td class="cl right"> 8.20
</td></tr></tbody></table>

98tls
3rd November 2009, 17:52
Its a rubbish redundant sport, cracks me up.

Most of australia shuts down to gamble on a bunch of midgets riding living pet food rolls and glue sticks..

Should be a fuckin cartoon. Bit like Christmas really,only difference is the glue sticks are towing a fat man and so far ive bet and won on the fact that he wont fit down the chimney.

Maha
4th November 2009, 10:24
Not only did I not place a bet, I forgot it was even on ....:wari:
Wasn't till I heard the news update about Bart Cummings bla bla that I thought, oh was that today?...:rockon:

oldrider
5th November 2009, 10:15
Not only did I not place a bet, I forgot it was even on ....:wari:
Wasn't till I heard the news update about Bart Cummings bla bla that I thought, oh was that today?...:rockon:

Don't let it worry you Maha but it gets worse as you get older! :shifty:.......much, much worse! :shit:.......:wari: True!...........Best of luck! :mellow: