PDA

View Full Version : e Nov 17th. Not the end, not even the beginning of the end

Ixion
3rd November 2009, 10:22
Perhaps, the end of the beginning.

With acknowledgements to Winnie who said it first.

We are all (I hope) focused on Nov 17th and delivering our message.

Do not please, assume that is the end and we have done what we need.

That is what the Minister will be hoping. That we all turn up at Parliament, have a little rant, and then go home and forget about it.

A couple of months later the levies come out, the Minister has knocked $50 off the proposals, and we grumble and pay up like good little mice.

And by and large , he is right. most of the folk loudly complaining now will lose interest after a few more weeks and pay up. Like good little mice

Will BRONZ lose interest and "pay up"

NO!

November the 17th must be considered our declaration of war !

The START of our campaign.Not the end

So when you assemble beneath King Dick's statue , ask yourself "OK. We're started. What are we going to do next. This weekend? How can I make a politician's Christmas miserable?"

November 17th. We're gathered there to start our protests.

The government have declared war on motorcyclists. November 17th is our mobilisation. From then, we start to fight back.

Make sure everybody knows that

Maha
3rd November 2009, 10:28
"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the Motorcycle Empire and its motorcycles last for a thousand years, men and women will still say, this was their finest hour"

Mully
3rd November 2009, 10:35
Gosh, it fair brings a tear to the eye.

k2w3
3rd November 2009, 10:41
Right on, brother! Smash the State, and all that hippy shit.

James Deuce
3rd November 2009, 10:55
First thing to do is offer support to the Cyclist lobby group opposing their proposed levies.

No one should be levied.

Big Dave
3rd November 2009, 13:47
We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Hamilton
we shall fight on the roads and highways
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the benches,
we shall fight in the workshops,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills

Maha
3rd November 2009, 13:49
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

Wheres......and we shall never surrender?

Ixion
3rd November 2009, 14:11

In the air ? I ain't sure if any of my bikes are that airworthy. the XT, for a very short distance maybe.

Big Dave
3rd November 2009, 14:13
air = mood.

yachtie10
3rd November 2009, 16:59
Good to hear

Do we have a date we expect a response from the minister?
i.e. after the 17th

Ixion
3rd November 2009, 17:03
No. Indications of late january.

Has to be decided (by law) by edn of feb I think

Vern
3rd November 2009, 17:12
No. Indications of late january.

Has to be decided (by law) by edn of feb I think
Hey Ixion, you have me to the end, I admire what you are doing for us as I would not have a clue on the numbers that you have been bring to us. A big thanks for what you are doing. Vern:niceone:

Laxi
3rd November 2009, 17:21
First thing to do is offer support to the Cyclist lobby group opposing their proposed levies.

No one should be levied.

+1

I'd like to see, if ACC ignore us the same turnout on parliment lawn 8 weeks before the next election, just to scare the government to think about pollicy change when it matters to them

davereid
3rd November 2009, 17:22
+1

I'd like to see, if ACC ignore us the same turnout on parliment lawn 8 weeks before the next election, just to scare the government to think about pollicy change when it matters to them

I'll be there with bells on !

325rocket
3rd November 2009, 17:25
"... and so bear ourselves, ..."

so are you saying we should turn up naked on the 17th? :rockon:

Maha
3rd November 2009, 17:28
so are you saying we should turn up naked on the 17th? :rockon:

Hell yeah!...the Greens would love that......:wari:

TOTO
3rd November 2009, 17:29
I went to the party shop today and got me some black facepaint to complement our militant action :ar15:

Pedrostt500
3rd November 2009, 17:37
It will be hard keeping Bikers motivated on this, Bit like Hearding Cats, The Politicians who are just the figure heads, change but the Beauracrats who make the proposals dont change to often, and they are the ones we need to do battle with, we need to call them to answer each time they release data facts and figures, checking ourselves of the acuracey of the information given. If we can get them to file it all in the to hard basket, they may start to leave us alone, but don't hold your breath, because they can employ more to try to make it all to hard for us, but for them ACC is their Job, For us Motorcycling is our Passion.
When we show our Numbers on the 17th, we may give them reason to think, but we need to keep them thinking, and it is these tactics that we need to be planing now.

knuckles24
3rd November 2009, 19:12
finished here in Christchurch, i am thinking about putting another protest together but waiting on some info about a certain person being in christchurch

Oakie
3rd November 2009, 19:45
November 17th is our mobilisation. From then, we start to fight back.

Well said sir. Let not the 17th be the peak of our protests but merely the first skirmish in our great battle.

:sick:

Mystic13
3rd November 2009, 22:31
Just out of curiosity on the 17th do we have permission to ride onto the grounds yet. And Ixion, if we don't get it I'm guessing we'll have no problems finding ways to ride in. I figure if hundreds of bikes ignore the request they're not exactly going to do anything.

And damn it I'm riding from Auckland to Parliament it feels a bit of an insult to be asked to park outside on the street and then walk the last distance in full kit. Although an army of bikers advancing with helmets on could be an interesting sight.

I'm hoping if we don't get consent that you guys at the front make the decision to ride in anyway. If you were unsure of the way in I'm sure you could get one of the Wellington guys to scout it out and then ride up and show you the way in.

And the weather forecast looks like we'll have okay weather. (i.e. not storms)

Her_C4
3rd November 2009, 22:34
Just out of curiosity on the 17th do we have permission to ride onto the grounds yet. And Ixion, if we don't get it I'm guessing we'll have no problems finding ways to ride in. I figure if hundreds of bikes ignore the request they're not exactly going to do anything.

And damn it I'm riding from Auckland to Parliament it feels a bit of an insult to be asked to park outside on the street and then walk the last distance in full kit. Although an army of bikers advancing with helmets on could be an interesting sight.

I'm hoping if we don't get consent that you guys at the front make the decision to ride in anyway. If you were unsure of the way in I'm sure you could get one of the Wellington guys to scout it out and then ride up and show you the way in.

And the weather forecast looks like we'll have okay weather. (i.e. not storms)

It will be impressive either way and we (Ms P and I, along with plenty of others) will make sure we get in on film:sunny::wari:

Hawk
4th November 2009, 04:57
finished here in Christchurch, i am thinking about putting another protest together but waiting on some info about a certain person being in christchurch

well theres the 14 if you want info let me know Ulysses Canterbury are organising no Im not a member.

chanceyy
4th November 2009, 05:26
I'll be there with bells on !

+1 and I am sure we can come up with an idea or 10 to carry on aft the 17th :blip: after all we have not visited out local MP yet !!!!

Bald Eagle
4th November 2009, 08:24
+1

It will be hard keeping Bikers motivated on this, Bit like Hearding Cats, The Politicians who are just the figure heads, change but the Beauracrats who make the proposals dont change to often, and they are the ones we need to do battle with, we need to call them to answer each time they release data facts and figures, checking ourselves of the acuracey of the information given. If we can get them to file it all in the to hard basket, they may start to leave us alone, but don't hold your breath, because they can employ more to try to make it all to hard for us, but for them ACC is their Job, For us Motorcycling is our Passion.
When we show our Numbers on the 17th, we may give them reason to think, but we need to keep them thinking, and it is these tactics that we need to be planing now.

+1 and I am sure we can come up with an idea or 10 to carry on aft the 17th :blip: after all we have not visited out local MP yet !!!!

Ok all then its time to start a new 'sticky' thread ( Thread started here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1129495386#post1129495386)) with the focus on brain storming ideas for all manner of rolling actions.

Media awareness needs to be maintained so we have to have activities occuring in various parts of the country at least weekly. We need to regularly visit all our MP's.

Waxxa
4th November 2009, 09:09
intense campaigning at local MPs offices around the country on coordinated dates would be the follow-on from the 17th I reckon...

Bren
4th November 2009, 10:24
To all the posts before, I say "Hear, Hear" or is that "Hair Hair"?

Bald Eagle
4th November 2009, 10:28
intense campaigning at local MPs offices around the country on coordinated dates would be the follow-on from the 17th I reckon...

Has somebody got a resource list of the mp's electorate offices addresses.

More important probably is a list of when they can be expected to be there rather than traveling with their perks.

MSTRS
4th November 2009, 11:40
To all the posts before, I say "Hear, Hear" or is that "Hair Hair"?

This is not a musical. But one could be forgiven for thinking it's musical chairs...the music stops at 14 year intervals.