PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch bikers 2

knuckles24
4th November 2009, 18:28
Hi again folks, i am thinking about another protest ride but would like some ideas and also seeing if the Timaru group want to get involved, this time there will be banners and a shit load of noise. So any ideas and i don't think Wellington should be the end of it all as we need to keep the pressure on. :headbang:

Footless
4th November 2009, 18:43
I dont know what format you propose, but thought I might add my 10 cents
worth.
The best way to get noticed is to cause a little inconvenience, ie the
truckers RUC protest.
With that in mind, my thoughts are that a ride from the out skirts of the
city, maybe Woodend or Rolleston, but definately SH1 would gain the most
exposure. We would need to have scooters and people on restricted licences
out front, with the big bikers at the rear. This would mean that the front
runners would need to observe the licence restrictions with regard to speed
(70kph???? I think it is???)
Woodend to chch filling both lanes on the motorway would probably get the
attention of the public and media, and I dont think the police would condone
the learners exceeding their speed restrictions.
The same from Rolleston, slow and legal and somewhat of an inconvenience.
Hell both if the numbers are there!!!!

knuckles24
4th November 2009, 19:11
Thats sounds good, if this is to go ahead then i need some people to jump on board and give me a hand, like getting together and working something out.

Molly
4th November 2009, 19:15
The best way to get noticed is to cause a little inconvenience

When anybody suggests this I just think of my missus stuck in protest traffic with the baby kicking off. There's also the question of emergency service vehicles potentially being affected.

I understand the frustrations and the need to be noticed but just don't think we should inconvenience any other road user.

Footless
4th November 2009, 19:34
When anybody suggests this I just think of my missus stuck in protest traffic with the baby kicking off. There's also the question of emergency service vehicles potentially being affected.

I understand the frustrations and the need to be noticed but just don't think we should inconvenience any other road user.

Emergency vehicles have lights and sirens - Common sense must always prevail. There were no problems like that with Truck protest, and think about how long that took, and how big they are!!

Footless
4th November 2009, 19:36
I'm happy to help Knuckles

Molly
4th November 2009, 19:49
Emergency vehicles have lights and sirens - Common sense must always prevail.

Yes it must. You'll do more harm than good. You'll also get a bigger turn-out for a sensible protest than for an irresponsible one.

knuckles24
5th November 2009, 04:58
cheers footless, i will be in touch :Punk:

Warren
5th November 2009, 06:56
I don't mind helping out either.

It would be good to find a decent circuit where there are some long stretches wiithout traffic lights and two lanes so cars can use the other lane so we don't get so broken up.

Molly
5th November 2009, 14:18
I don't mind helping out either.

It would be good to find a decent circuit where there are some long stretches wiithout traffic lights and two lanes so cars can use the other lane so we don't get so broken up.

I'd be up for that.

knuckles24
5th November 2009, 17:34
should we get together to organise something then maybe at a pub somewhere. :Punk:

knuckles24
5th November 2009, 19:06
on the bikers against acc website

Christchurch Meet at the Cashmere Club car park (off Colombo Street or Hunter Tce) from 9:30am. The ride will leave at approx 10:30am and go down Colombo Street to Cathedral Square

Organised by the ulysses group

Footless
5th November 2009, 19:15

Christchurch Meet at the Cashmere Club car park (off Colombo Street or Hunter Tce) from 9:30am. The ride will leave at approx 10:30am and go down Colombo Street to Cathedral Square

I believe it may be quite a large protest, but I feel it is a little short to gain public exposure. Straight down Colombo st.

Footless
5th November 2009, 19:17
should we get together to organise something then maybe at a pub somewhere. :Punk:

Happy to meet with all those interested, but away at the Maitai Rally in Nelson this weekend.

knuckles24
5th November 2009, 19:18
the Timaru bronz guys and asked if they want to get involved with this protest ride as well. :Punk:

Flip
5th November 2009, 19:27
How about filling every car park in say Colombo st with one motorcycle, and shifting them every hour one park down.

Footless
5th November 2009, 19:28
Anyone got a date in mind?

knuckles24
5th November 2009, 19:30
December 5th or the 12th

Footless
5th November 2009, 19:34
December 5th or the 12th

I think Dec 5th is when John Key is to open Pegasus Golf Club

Oakie
5th November 2009, 19:37

I saw that mentioned the other day and thought it was just a piss-take.

Molly
5th November 2009, 19:40
That ride is on the 14th. It's four days after submissions close. Why's it not this weekend?

Footless
5th November 2009, 19:41
I saw that mentioned the other day and thought it was just a piss-take.

Yeah, but no its true - maybe even tea and scones after :rofl:

knuckles24
5th November 2009, 20:27
i got a bit cheeky and e-mailed pegasus golf club telling that a group of us was interested about joining and aslo i heard john key was going to be there, this is the response i got.

Thank you for your e-mail enquiring about the Official Opening of Pegasus.

The Prime Minister is not opening the golf course and the opening is for 50 invited guests - mainly the golfing industry. This is in the format of an 18 hole golf tournament.

Certainly if you are interested in membership, we are open to the public as from the 7th December and I would suggest that you contact me after that date.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kind regards

Jenny

So if that is the case they are keeping john key under wraps.

knuckles24
5th November 2009, 20:37
we need to finish the protest outside a national MPs house or in the square where its a public place

Footless
5th November 2009, 20:55
we need to finish the protest outside a national MPs house or in the square where its a public place

Totally agree

sellywin
6th November 2009, 07:47
how about we spell out words in the square with our bikes, like a big "NO" or something... then have all of us hanging around with banners and stuff making our purpose known.

knuckles24
6th November 2009, 17:15
the ones who are keen to help can you drop me a pm please so we can do some organising. Cheers :scooter:

knuckles24
6th November 2009, 20:46
Well just got a reply back from the timaru bronz guys and seems they may want to get involved, SO ITS ON possibly the 5th or 12th of december, so can we do better then 300 bikers, with the help of the timaru riders i think so, details to be advised but i think once we have made our point there should be something to finish with.

ukusa
7th November 2009, 11:56
how about we spell out words in the square with our bikes, like a big "NO" or something... then have all of us hanging around with banners and stuff making our purpose known.

No's a bit short, you could probably spell "Fuck of ACC you greedy lying bastards, you're a bunch of wankers" with all the bikes.

knuckles24
13th November 2009, 20:23
Guys and girls possible legal and disruptive protest ride early december

Creeping Death
14th November 2009, 01:52
Let's make this happen!!!

JMemonic
14th November 2009, 12:34
Well just got a reply back from the timaru bronz guys and seems they may want to get involved, SO ITS ON possibly the 5th or 12th of december, so can we do better then 300 bikers, with the help of the timaru riders i think so, details to be advised but i think once we have made our point there should be something to finish with.

12th is the KB rally so there will be few away.

SDU
15th November 2009, 11:53
The 5th would be a better option. Key may still be in town then too!
Be good to let bike clubs know & get them to advertise on there websites.
ie Plains, TOMC, Rat, italian .............

Oakie
15th November 2009, 13:19
Has it been confirmed that John Key will be in town? There seems to be some doubt. I had a look for something to confirm it on the gov't website but no luck.

knuckles24
15th November 2009, 14:59
that john key will NOT be in town that weekend

SDU
15th November 2009, 15:24
wether he is or not the more that get out there in support off these protest rides the better.
Any idea where the protest will end up at yet?

knuckles24
16th November 2009, 05:43
couple of us putting something together for the 5th of december, i am waiting on confirmation from the timaru bronz riders to see if they are attending, i will let you all know when we have final details. :soon:

Oakie
18th November 2009, 11:15
As suggested earlier, I can confirm that John Key won't be anywhere near Pegasus on the 5th(?) so no point planning anything for there. The golf course is being opened by a Waimakariri District Councillor. (just in case there were any lingering doubts).

mikeey01
18th November 2009, 22:19
Don't know if this interests anyone? :whistle:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=112861

I'm Happy to join in any future disruptions, Gotta get the old girl a warrant first.

knuckles24
19th November 2009, 18:21
Alright folks here it is, December the 5th there will be a protest ride starting from izone drive in rolleston (there will be marshals to direct you to the start point) meeting from 10.30am, the reason we are starting in rolleston is that hopefully the timaru and ashburton riders will be attending. We will be leaving around 12.00pm heading down main south rd, left into main south rd from the sockburn roundabout, riccarton rd, hagley ave, oxford tce, lichfield st then left into colombo st and finishing in the square and we will take up the whole square, there we will be met by a few MPs and others. It is time to step up the protest and make some noise, yes traffic will be held up but we have to start making ourselves heard and seen, we have done the quiet protest now it is time to show the christchurch public we are not happy. I am also thinking of getting the learner riders and the scooters up front doing about 70kmh. This will still be legal as the police still won't help out but i am trying to get a meeting with the area commander for transport and say help out. I have heard there are some bikes with hazard lights if there is i need one to go right up front with hazards on, it would have to be a fairly experienced rider, if that is you can you pm me please so we can touch base and finalise it. I have e-mailed all the clubs i can think of i will be heading to some bike shops to out up posters and have got in touch with some contacts in the media, so what i am hoping and expecting is that we can do better then the last rally's as far as numbers is concerned. If you have t-shirts and banners then bring them and wear them, signs on your bike wouldn't be a bad thing either. If anybody is keen we should head to the wheatsheaf for a get together after the rally.

TygerTung
20th November 2009, 22:26
Do you have a bigger copy of the poster?

knuckles24
21st November 2009, 08:07
Yeah id do, i will send it to you via private mail

SDU
6th December 2009, 17:20
Great turnout shame about the reporting off the event.
bigger & better next time eh