PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 tester - O endorsement

NinjaNanna
6th November 2009, 10:28
Hi Guys

Anyone on here got their Class-2 "O" endorsement and want to make a couple of hundred extra cash 1 weekend?

I was driving my horse truck on my class 1 (adhering to the 4500kg on-road weight restriction) but I recently found that it's much heavier than the stated 3220kg tare weight, so I can't actually keep it under the 4500kg with horses on board.

I've had my 2L for 3 months - but would like to get my 2 full asap so I don't need to rely on a friend to drive the truck for me.

My 6 months isn't up until the 23-Jan.

Cheers
Shane

firefighter
6th November 2009, 10:52
I have class 4, what is endorsement 'O' ?

If you go to a training provider and do a week long course you can get your full now.

for eg. If I wanted I could get my class 5L and 5F within a week, you only need 6 months between each class.

Edit. Just checked. Do have to have a certified instructor with you?

ynot slow
6th November 2009, 13:31
I was lead to believe with class 2 learner if the passenger has full class2 or higher for more than 2 years you're ok.

Bugger about waiting,I can get class4 learners if I go to AA and pay for license,then an approved driving course,successfully completed and within 3 days can be full class4.

firefighter
6th November 2009, 13:35
I was lead to believe with class 2 learner if the passenger has full class2 or higher for more than 2 years you're ok.

Bugger about waiting,I can get class4 learners if I go to AA and pay for license,then an approved driving course,successfully completed and within 3 days can be full class4.

Or just d your 4L and 4F in the same course.

I thought the same

NinjaNanna
6th November 2009, 13:43
You are correct - I could go to a training organisation tomorrow pay between $800 - $1000 and get my full class 2 after doing a couple of days worth of training.

Alternatively I wait out my learner period (finishes 23 Jan) and pay $50 to sit the practical driving test.

The issue is my need is only for personal use (not required for my livelyhood) so justifing paying $800-$1000 dollars for the sake of 3 months is just a bit difficult.

So I thought I'd ask here if anybody is a qualified tester ("O" endorsement) and was wanting to make a little extra cash we could make some sort of arrangement.

gtr boy
6th November 2009, 14:23
got my full 2 licence.
dont have the O though.
does that help you
can drive your rig if you want

StoneY
6th November 2009, 14:32
I have all classes,(1-6) but let my endorsements slip (had F, D and P)
Live in Wellington so no use to you at all

But curious, what is "O" endorsement?

And you can drive a fully loaded class 2 with ANY full class 2 holder in the truck cab, no need for the 2 years bullshit (and its not like a cop will check anyway if the holder is a full)

Its not like Cars, any full class 2 holder is already an experienced road user
That 2 year rule is for learners in cars, not commercial levels (my understanding anyaway and I have helped heaps of learner truckies fresh from Polytech when I was a driver)

NinjaNanna
6th November 2009, 15:27

O = tester, they have the authority to observe driving ability and then hand out license certificate.

Hans
6th November 2009, 15:54
Sorry bud, it's not going to work like you think it is. To get your 2f after three months you need to get a certificate from an accredited provider-not just an O holder-and then take it to the AA. A testing officer can't give you the cert. They are employed by the provider and use the provider's rubber stamp on an LTNZ cert.

ynot slow
6th November 2009, 17:00
I have all classes,(1-6) but let my endorsements slip (had F, D and P)
Live in Wellington so no use to you at all

And you can drive a fully loaded class 2 with ANY full class 2 holder in the truck cab, no need for the 2 years bullshit (and its not like a cop will check anyway if the holder is a full)

Its not like Cars, any full class 2 holder is already an experienced road user
That 2 year rule is for learners in cars, not commercial levels (my understanding anyaway and I have helped heaps of learner truckies fresh from Polytech when I was a driver)

Have to agree with you on cops not checking,for over 10 years the old man drove his truck to nearby racecourse many a time,never checked by cops.And the one time truck was stopped I was driving,we went passed a inspection point going to racecourse at 6.30am,so was all good,cof,ruc,rego all ok.
My brother had similar license problems 10 years ago,he had sold his home,bought a nice housebus,was getting it up to scratch with brakes,tanks etc,then thought shit better get license.Thought that as he was over 25 he could do it and get full in one hit,nope he had to do learners,borrowed dads truck for practical test,then thought shit can't drive(alone) till have full in 6 months.He was heading south within next month,so organised a mate who had a mate running an approved driving academy,went to Hamilton with another 2 workmates,paid $300 each and passed.Otherwise he said that he would get me to drive to Queenstown and fly me to Wellington,or risk it but with a value of $100,000 bus decided no insurance in crash aint good.

R6_kid
6th November 2009, 20:35
Have you spoke to Qkchk?

Littleman
6th November 2009, 20:39
Have you spoke to Qkchk?

Despite my preocupation with Gareths mother. I must agree.

She'd know

(Dawn that is)