PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Two Hour Mt Wellington

Schrgd
6th November 2009, 14:54
Sooooo.......... Just over a week to go till the two hour.
Although it my 1st one, I can't wait. I watched the last one from the bank and that was my 1st experience of bucket racing, now there's three fxr's in the family. Another mate has just brought one hoping to get it ready in time also.

So who's teamed with who?

Who are going to be the one's to watch?

How many are travelling up from other tracks?

Does anybody need another rider?(might have bike and/or rider spare if needed)

Will there be enough parking??

Pumba
6th November 2009, 18:33
Ahh the two hour, might be strugling this year to improve on my fourth place from last year at the pace everyone has been going latley.

Me a Scott (not on KB) will be teaming up for the second time, shit I hope the weather is this fine in a couple of weeks:sunny:

Rick 52
6th November 2009, 19:30
Me and Tim are going to have a go again we were so close last year so with some help off track with lap scoring we should be going good but you never know its hard on bike and riders half hour stints or one hour ???

Pumba
6th November 2009, 19:55
Christ I am dead after 30min. Fuck an hour

Henk
6th November 2009, 20:41
Got me mate Craig lined up for a partner, only seems fair after all the effort he's put into the bike. Lending the old girl to a guy from work and a mate of his. Hope it doesn't explode on him. Just got to convince Craig to stop being afraid of breaking the FXR.

Schrgd
6th November 2009, 20:43
Hour stints..........Holy, I can barely do a whole 10 min practice. :gob:

Henk
6th November 2009, 20:53
We're going to start with 20 min stints droping to 15 if that turns out too much for a couple of aging slow guys.

UNSTABLE
12th November 2009, 05:42
Well with only a few days left it's very quiet in here...
Either everyone is feverishly working on their bikes hoping they'll make the distance, or off at the gym doing some endurance training. Personally I have been a slack bastard and done virtually nothing. I did give the bike an oil change and quick once over on the weekend so she's good to go, not so sure about me though:blink: It will be interesting to see how many entries there are, with the resurgence in popularity of buckets there should be a huge field.

Buckets4Me
12th November 2009, 05:58
there should be a huge field.

there will be there always is

I predict 25-30 buckets
15 will finish :woohoo:

Tim and Rick will win (if they dont crash)
:scooter:
Nigel will set the fastest time
followd by Karl Garry and Tim

Schrgd
12th November 2009, 15:25
Saturday

North Island, becoming fine in the morning, but cloud increasing in the west later. South Island, rain spreading north along the West Coast, scattered rain developing in the far south,and mostly fine elsewhere.

Sunday

North Island, a few showers developing in the west and south and turning to rain south of Waitomo, dry elsewhere. South Island, rain in the west and showers in the south, mainly fine elsewhere.

Looking good hopefully. :woohoo:

Rick 52
12th November 2009, 17:35
there will be there always is

I predict 25-30 buckets
15 will finish :woohoo:

Tim and Rick will win (if they dont crash)
Nigel will set the fastest time
followd by Karl Garry and Tim

Have you fixed that Chrystal ball ? LOL I'm not so sure What about a team with a superbike champ and a very fast learner that team will be hard to beat and at leased 4 more teams I can think off are in the running Is DD riding with his brother and Karl with Dave M who is your team mate Unstable Should be great fun busy busy riding

UNSTABLE
12th November 2009, 18:06
I've got Doug Stockwell riding with me, he managed to drag an old 50 home in 7th last year, we will see what he can do on something with a bit of power... There are definitely a few fast teams out there that will be hard to beat. I'm just gonna go out and have a bit of fun.

thecougar 0
12th November 2009, 18:12
Have you fixed that Chrystal ball ? LOL I'm not so sure What about a team with a superbike champ and a very fast learner that team will be hard to beat and at leased 4 more teams I can think off are in the running Is DD riding with his brother and Karl with Dave M who is your team mate Unstable Should be great fun busy busy riding

I'm one very unhappy happy camper actually.
This invisible man that people go and see on sundays, has given me bloody appendicitis!!!
I was in hospital till yesterday. :crybaby:
I'll be out there to support the Thorp teams though-going for the father son trophy!!!

Hope it snows!!!!!!...HAHAHAHAHA
I'm wishing someone to pull out of TRRS so at least i'll be able to make one major race this year.

I worked out the average lap speed for the win last year-it was in the 31.5s for the whole race of 227 laps. (that's taking into account the stop aswell)
Those boys out the front are fucking fast-and i'll say will be even quicker this year. Look forward to seeing this great race.

Good luck everyone.

UNSTABLE
12th November 2009, 18:20
Bugger, that's not good! Get well soon, you might get lucky and get a spot at Taupo, a few will probably pull out closer to the date.

Buckets4Me
12th November 2009, 18:26
Have you fixed that Chrystal ball ? LOL I'm not so sure What about a team with a superbike champ and a very fast learner that team will be hard to beat

thats superbikes this is buckets :scooter:
I'm watching this one as I KNOW it's going to be a good one
bet it rains at some point :woohoo: :crybaby:

am taking the camera along with me as well

go go team E.S.E :woohoo: (top 5 finish)

dpex
12th November 2009, 20:04
Sooooo.......... Just over a week to go till the two hour.
Although it my 1st one, I can't wait. I watched the last one from the bank and that was my 1st experience of bucket racing, now there's three fxr's in the family. Another mate has just brought one hoping to get it ready in time also.

So who's teamed with who?

Who are going to be the one's to watch?

How many are travelling up from other tracks?

Does anybody need another rider?(might have bike and/or rider spare if needed)

Will there be enough parking??

Anyone here know of a bucket for sale? Any old grunter will do, just so long as I can get a bit of the action.

Buckets4Me
12th November 2009, 20:32
Anyone here know of a bucket for sale? Any old grunter will do, just so long as I can get a bit of the action.

I know someone that wants his bike picked up from welsford ??
and would be willing to share a ride on it ??
:scooter::woohoo:

Rick 52
12th November 2009, 20:53
I'm one very unhappy happy camper actually.
This invisible man that people go and see on sundays, has given me bloody appendicitis!!!
I was in hospital till yesterday. :crybaby:
I'll be out there to support the Thorp teams though-going for the father son trophy!!!

Hope it snows!!!!!!...HAHAHAHAHA
I'm wishing someone to pull out of TRRS so at least i'll be able to make one major race this year.

I worked out the average lap speed for the win last year-it was in the 31.5s for the whole race of 227 laps. (that's taking into account the stop aswell)
Those boys out the front are fucking fast-and i'll say will be even quicker this year. Look forward to seeing this great race.

Good luck everyone.

Thats shit mate I hope you feel better soon I'm not sure the lap times are ok I havn't worked it out yet but I'm sure I wasn't that fast last year I think we lost 2 laps every time we pitted .

Henk
12th November 2009, 21:08
Bastard about the hospital food. Hope you are feeling better.
Weather will be mint, I have so decreed and will be most put out with all the gods if it turns out I'm wrong.

Henk
15th November 2009, 20:34
Well I got the weather wrong. Still a bloody great day and jolly good fun all round. The changing conditions made things interesting and I'm just glad the weather didn't stay crap all race. Couldn't get my head around the number of people that crashed trying to win the practice start, saved my trip to the grassy knoll for the race proper.
It never ceases to amaze me how fast things go from just dandy, to whats that grinding noise? in the wet.

Buckets4Me
16th November 2009, 05:39
It never ceases to amaze me how fast things go from just dandy, to whats that grinding noise? in the wet.

:doh: you could see some of those crashes coming form 1 or 2 corners back
:jerry: it was great to watch
better than speedway :jerry:

Henk
16th November 2009, 15:55
Damien has photos up already

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1

Stunning as always.

Toby Summers was just a joy to watch on Saturday, seeing the photos I still can't get my head around how far he can get that motard over without it all turning to cheese.

Henk
16th November 2009, 19:24
Threw up some photos of practice on Saturday and Sunday, not up to Damiens standard but there you have it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44752341@N08/sets/72157622688841921

Damien_Toman
17th November 2009, 00:41
They're good shots. The camera is up to it. Michelle just needs a longer lens to get in closer to the action without risking being hit by a bike or distracting riders! On that camera a 200mm fixed focal length lens (prime) will be a good option. Another option is a 70-200 zoom like this:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Camera-accessories/Lenses/Canon/auction-253923321.htm

Damien_Toman
17th November 2009, 00:51
Looks like she may be using a 55-200 (EXIF info in jpeg). Using it at 200mm would get closer shots. I'll have a chat with her next time.

Henk
17th November 2009, 16:05
I was the one driving the camera while I had no bike to ride. Just need to think about what I'm doing more and not just blast away and hope for the best. With some luck Michelle is going to have a crack on the bike next time out so I may be taking photos of her.

Damien_Toman
18th November 2009, 20:27
You can also try out one of my lenses next time and I'll make some suggestions for settings, even take a few pics with your camera. Good on Michelle if she has a go. I'm sure she will stay on longer than I did on my first few outings! :yes: