PDA

View Full Version : GS125 Bucket flywheels.

Eddieb
21st April 2005, 16:47
I have several spare fly wheels for the bucket and I'm thinking about getting one of them skimmed down a bit. I'd like to run constant loss ignition but apparently don't have the right electrics.

So, some of them have 3 larger magnets on the inside, some have 6(?) smaller ones.

Whats the difference? are they for different versions of the charging system or doesn't it really matter. Do I need to pull the one off the bike and make sure I get one the same design shaved?

Kickaha
21st April 2005, 18:41
should be able to run constant loss as a guy down here was and a guy in Nelson is as well,I'll find out how they did it,my GN has no rotor at all.

Eddieb
22nd April 2005, 10:09
That would be cool, I've been told you need a later electric start model to do it.

Mine still has the fly wheel etc but has all battery wiring etc removed.

F5 Dave
22nd April 2005, 17:00
Have you painted or even cleaned that thing yet?

Eddieb
22nd April 2005, 17:11
Have you painted or even cleaned that thing yet?

I've been out of town at weddings and things so no, mumble, mumble, excuse, excuse.

I haven't even got the exhaust bracket welded back up as I don't really have the place to work on it at present.
The landlord made some space in the garage the weekend before last and I'm hoping to move a lot of stuff from the lockup to the house this weekend where it's easier to access and do things in the evening.
Plus not having to pay $45/week for the lockup means I might actually have some money to spend on it.

Once the bike is at the house I need to pull the exhaust off and take it somewhere to get re welded, rejet the carb, find where to buy crash sliders, get them and put them on for Kaitoke, clean it & paint it.

Ivan
22nd April 2005, 19:10
Buy nylon and make them yourself

Eddieb
23rd April 2005, 08:50
Buy nylon and make them yourself

I'd like to but It's going to depend on how much work is involved as I don't have tools to cut & drill it etc.

Can anyone tell me where to get it from in wellington?

Eddie

F5 Dave
26th April 2005, 10:32
Grayely or Gravue(sp) plastic near supercheap on the old hutt road (stone throw from motomart) will do off cuts.

bungbung
26th April 2005, 10:37
Used skateboard wheels make good crash bungs.