PDA

View Full Version : Awesome 1983 Wangas footage

Toast
7th November 2009, 20:44
http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/history/video.php

Cool to see so many different bikes up against each other.

Is that the Glen Williams that we all know pulling wheelies everywhere?

BMWST?
7th November 2009, 21:40

yes Kawasaki Z 1000 J

Rcktfsh
8th November 2009, 05:29
http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/history/video.php

Cool to see so many different bikes up against each other.

It's the MKI Glen Williams version as opposed to the MKII currently dominating F3. Long time Kawasaki rider and early Anglo rider on a Ducati 8 something superbike, from memory they were 1st privateer Ducati home in 7th or 8th at a world superbike round at manfeild one year. Also a regular IOM and Ulster competitior during the 80's early 90's with a swag of top ten finishes at those events.

Sidewinder
8th November 2009, 22:42
wow thats so cool man

Crasherfromwayback
8th November 2009, 23:41
And a dope sucking Suzuki. Hard to beat.

codgyoleracer
9th November 2009, 10:31
Yip is the Mk1 not the Mk2, Glen was getting out of it as i was getting into it.

We finished the pukey 2hour one year though in first and second place. Was weird reading the newspaper report "Glen Williams on a Kawasaki GPZ600 finished first and Glen Williams on a GPZ600 finished second........."

Glen Mk1 was stinkin quick on his day , and used to party pretty hard afterwards......

GW

nudemetalz
9th November 2009, 12:10
Awesome footage. Takes me back to when I was a boy and watched the early '80's racing.

Crasherfromwayback
9th November 2009, 21:19
Yip is the Mk1 not the Mk2, Glen was getting out of it as i was getting into it.

We finished the pukey 2hour one year though in first and second place. Was weird reading the newspaper report "Glen Williams on a Kawasaki GPZ600 finished first and Glen Williams on a GPZ600 finished second........."

Glen Mk1 was stinkin quick on his day , and used to party pretty hard afterwards......

GW

MK1 was a wasted talent. Reminds me of a certain red headed fellow that also started out on GPZ 600's.

Awesome footage. Takes me back to when I was a boy and watched the early '80's racing.

As much as it pains me to say this...I think the best race I've personally ever seen there was Simon Turner trying and fucking near beating the late Robert Holden when he was riding an RS 250 vs Roberts 916 Superbike.

Simon was very good on 250 gp bikes.

roadracingoldfart
11th November 2009, 06:22
MK1 was a wasted talent. Reminds me of a certain red headed fellow that also started out on GPZ 600's.

As much as it pains me to say this...I think the best race I've personally ever seen there was Simon Turner trying and fucking near beating the late Robert Holden when he was riding an RS 250 vs Roberts 916 Superbike.

Simon was very good on 250 gp bikes.

And Brent Jones on his TZ , Scotty on his RS , they were good days .
Simon was also very fast on the trick Guzzi , the Gillerea he had was a real weapon at Wanganui as well.
Where is Simon and Tony nowdays ??

Paul.

Crasherfromwayback
11th November 2009, 06:53
And Brent Jones on his TZ , Scotty on his RS , they were good days .
Simon was also very fast on the trick Guzzi , the Gillerea he had was a real weapon at Wanganui as well.
Where is Simon and Tony nowdays ??

Paul.

Simon is in Japan...not sure where Tony is. I really enjoyed racing with Simon on 883's too...he was pretty fierce but fair.

Chrislost
11th November 2009, 10:09
Mean mean mean!
that slidecar footage was pretty amusing, does not seem anywhere near as intense on video...