PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever owned a Nitro N750 helmet?

howdamnhard
9th November 2009, 17:45
Hi looking at getting a new helmet. The Nitro N750 has reasonable (4star) ratings and is cheap. Anybody ever owned one ? How where they regarding noise , buffeting , etc ? Anything you particularly like or disliked about them?
Please only peple who have owned above mentioned nitro helmets need reply.
No lectures regarding cheap helmet , cheap heads, thanks.

Creeping Death
9th November 2009, 17:54
Yep,I have an N750,only complaint is they fog up real quick with the visor all the way down,wind noise not too bad,wear earplugs if you must.Not a bad lid for the price.

howdamnhard
9th November 2009, 18:08
Thanks for that Creeping Death. My current HJC is very noisey ,so I already use earplugs. It also fogs up pretty quickly .

DJ
9th November 2009, 18:56
yup - I use one (couple of years old now) N750-VX
Yeah it does fog up quickly, but I'm used to it. It would nice if I could open the lid very slightly to help clear it, but I have to open it up too much, and then too much cold air gets in. :)
I prefer it over my HJC helmet. The HJC is way too snug, but I find the Nitro really comfy. I wear earplugs, so noise isn't a huge issue.
I put on a tinted visor on it as well, and it's great.

trumpy
9th November 2009, 20:08
Had the unfortunate experience of tarmac testing a helmet which happened to be my spare "el cheapo" Nitro. Did the job it needed to do when it needed to....no lecture required on this. Was pretty trashed afterwards but I was able to walk away (.....actually I crawled...) and lost no skin and no other nasty after effects............sorry what were we talking about and who are you?....no leave me alone!........don't touch me!.......go away!............oh yeah the helmet, good value. Motomail, downstairs, on special.

howdamnhard
9th November 2009, 22:07
Had the unfortunate experience of tarmac testing a helmet which happened to be my spare "el cheapo" Nitro. Did the job it needed to do when it needed to....no lecture required on this. Was pretty trashed afterwards but I was able to walk away the helmet, good value. Motomail, downstairs, on special.
Thanks for the crash report . It scored a 4star on the Sharp rating , so not to bad for a cheap helmet.

carver
9th November 2009, 22:10
not a bad helmet, I had one for a few years..
smashed it up in a nasty bin, it stood up well

howdamnhard
10th November 2009, 07:00
not a bad helmet, I had one for a few years..
smashed it up in a nasty bin, it stood up well
Thanks for the reply , glad you came out of your bin okay.:niceone:

KiwiGs
10th November 2009, 08:47
I have one, It fits well and the linings can be removed and cleaned which is a bonus for a cheap helmet.
It also uses the same visors as an FFM which means that is quite a bit of choice out there. For the summer I use a chrome tint which really helps with the glare.

PeterJ
10th November 2009, 18:43
I had one(Actually a FFM M7- Same thing). Bit noisy but ok with earplugs and was prone to fogging with visor down. The foam in the chin piece fell out after about a year. One of the local Honda dealers down here bought a heap of them a couple of years back and flogged them off cheap to get people in the door.

DJ
10th November 2009, 18:55
I have one, It fits well and the linings can be removed and cleaned which is a bonus for a cheap helmet.
It also uses the same visors as an FFM which means that is quite a bit of choice out there. For the summer I use a chrome tint which really helps with the glare.

same visors as FFM? I didnt even know that! The missus has a FFM - I'm off to try it now - She's got pinlock on hers...... :whistle:

:)

DJ
10th November 2009, 19:02
same visors as FFM? I didnt even know that! The missus has a FFM - I'm off to try it now - She's got pinlock on hers...... :whistle:

:)

Ok - scratch that idea. Her FFM visor doesnt fit my Nitro (FFM M9 helmet) :argh:

Keen to know what model FFM visor does fit though :)

KiwiGs
10th November 2009, 20:15
Ok - scratch that idea. Her FFM visor doesnt fit my Nitro (FFM M9 helmet) :argh:

Keen to know what model FFM visor does fit though :)
FFM M7 visor should fit, I think....

HungusMaximist
11th November 2009, 10:27
I can vouch for Nitros. They may be cheap in price but they do the job. Noisy yes, the visor is quite flimsy.

Had a N900V and superman outta my bike, landing head fiirst, walked away with no concussion at all!

howdamnhard
11th November 2009, 10:48

Removable liners in a cheap helmet, excellent. Will definitely get me a tinted visor to.Is it easy to change visors (i.e. tooless,qick release) ?

KiwiGs
11th November 2009, 10:56
Removable liners in a cheap helmet, excellent. Will definitely get me a tinted visor to.Is it easy to change visors (i.e. tooless,qick release) ?

Yeah it is easy to change visors, no tools needed.
I got the matt black one. The main reason was the coating on it.
It is sort of rubbery, which means it doesnt get stone chips on it....

howdamnhard
11th November 2009, 15:11
Yeah it is easy to change visors, no tools needed.
I got the matt black one. The main reason was the coating on it.
It is sort of rubbery, which means it doesnt get stone chips on it....

Thanks KiwiGs for all the useful feedback on the N750 helmet.

Insanity_rules
30th November 2009, 19:52
Just bought one, the only bit that feels cheap is the air vent. Comfortable and light.

howdamnhard
3rd December 2009, 09:49
Well those who said they fog up easily were not kidding . Came home in the the pouring rain last night virtually blind. Didn't help that my glasses were fogging up to. Tried opening it slightly but that made my glasses and the inside of the visor wet. Have to get myself a visor insert. Nice and light , was digging my ears with the glasses on and earplugs in but that now is improving. Little more sideways buffeting than my old HJC in strong crosswinds. Better than the HJC straight on and doesn't lift at higher speeds(was loose) as my HJC did. Oh and ye it is a pretty noisey helmet but otherwise very good value. Love the DD strap and will never go back to the seat belt type again. The old HJC seat belt type clip would dig me when tight and progressively work loose. The DD strap is comfortable and snug every time.