PDA

View Full Version : Any replies from the ASA over ACC ad in the paper?

Azi Dahaka
10th November 2009, 13:04
just a quick question has anyone recieved any replies from the ASA over the add in the dom and herald over the ACC smear campain against us?

Lucyloo
10th November 2009, 13:37
No response to my complaint.
Luce.

Ixion
10th November 2009, 13:42
i had a reporter (Ruth Hill) from the Dominion Post, referred on to me by Deano

Not very interested, seemed astonished and cynical when I told her I'd been rdiing for 40+ years and never made an ACC claim. Not one of our converts I fear.

riffer
10th November 2009, 13:46
Yes, I received a letter in the mail this morning acknowledging my complaint. It stated that mine was not the only complaint received; it was being investigated, and I would be informed of the result once they had decided.

StoneY
10th November 2009, 13:49
i had a reporter (Ruth Hill) from the Dominion Post, referred on to me by Deano

Not very interested, seemed astonished and cynical when I told her I'd been rdiing for 40+ years and never made an ACC claim. Not one of our converts I fear.

Dom Post pissed me round too, did a 1 hour phone interview to get all the details and such, spent 45 minutes taking pix of me, Hawkeye and Bald Eagle, then we got a shity little byline that had NO relevance and totally twisted my words to say "we dont mind paying our way"...WTF thats NOT the message we delivered

Dom Post can suck my dogs rearmost nipples as far as I am concerned, its a National party Propoganda magazine

My reporters name was Antonio, and heres something just for him
:finger:

Azi Dahaka
10th November 2009, 13:55
Yes, I received a letter in the mail this morning acknowledging my complaint. It stated that mine was not the only complaint received; it was being investigated, and I would be informed of the result once they had decided.

remember to keep on them asking them for updates and tell the rest of us the result

Laxi
10th November 2009, 16:42

got the same letter today

Eddieb
10th November 2009, 17:57
Me too, same letter.

Jantar
10th November 2009, 19:10
The only reply I got was:

Dear Malcolm xxxxxx
Complaint submitted
Thank you. Your complaint form has submitted successfully and the Advertising Standards Authority will contact you regarding the complaints process.
This is an automated response, please do not reply to this email.

wingnutt
10th November 2009, 19:29
yeh some newspapers are polically slanted,(mostly national) no such thing as unbaised news no more, been like it for a while.

cheers,

bob

Devil
10th November 2009, 19:45
The only reply I got was:

That surname looks really hard to pronounce... :innocent:

NighthawkNZ
10th November 2009, 19:52
That surname looks really hard to pronounce... :innocent:

its pronounced EXZ

candor
10th November 2009, 20:02
Hace complained to ASA re similar in the past. Response - its not an ad unless its selling a product for profit, opinion / editorial commentary is permitted, and when it comes to the agency LTSA now NZTA it has no jurisdiction (we complained re a speed ad) as Court precedents have estasblished them as experts and this means they cannot be wrong / incorrect / inaccurate - it is an impossibility. Who has the best lawyer wins:angry2: and the board is not a panel of decent people but ad industry reps :gob:.

Jantar
10th November 2009, 20:28
Hace complained to ASA re similar in the past. Response - its not an ad unless its selling a product for profit, .....
Great, because ACC are selling a product. The proof of this is that we pay GST on their levies on the basis that we are receiving a prouct/service for those levies.

Ixion
10th November 2009, 20:30
ACC is an insurance company - selling insurance. They tell us so themselves.

PhantasmNZ
10th November 2009, 23:49
well... at least none of the complaints are listed yet on the site... meaning they've not deliberated yet - however there is a complaint that, whilst it wasn't upheld - was against the ACC (and LTNZ) for the side-curtain airbag ad. Looks like it was fairly assessed - though the ACC will get to rebut the complaint.... (maybe we'll learn from the ACC how they cooked... we I mean calculated their numbers...)

retro asian
11th November 2009, 00:04
My reply to that advert is in my signature....

GOONR
11th November 2009, 08:57
Got my (standard) reply from ASA in the post today.

Deano
15th November 2009, 15:45
How bizarre. My ASA complaint (copied to DomPost) was quoted in an article, yet I have not had any response from ASA about it.