PDA

View Full Version : Wha teh feck

justsomeguy
22nd April 2005, 19:05
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=25574322&key=9739329

I'm a sports bike lover.....but have an open mind.

So can someone please explain the appeal of something like this, and why you would spend the asking price, if you had the cash.

onearmedbandit
22nd April 2005, 19:20
Is it cool? Yeah, it's cool. To each their own, and to me I can appreciate it.

Would I own and ride one, regardless of $$? Nah, I'd feel like an idiot on it.

Would I pay $55,000 for it. Only if my daily income was $55,000 and I felt like a laugh.

Shawn
22nd April 2005, 19:40
It has it's own appeal and belongs to different lifestyle… as for me I think they are quite HOT and some are even more expensive then $55000.00...

MrMelon
22nd April 2005, 21:31
I'd expect circus music to be playing if I was riding that.

Virago
22nd April 2005, 23:41
I'm a sports bike lover.....but have an open mind.

A sports bike lover with an open mind? Are you sure? Only I've never met one personally....... :lol:

StoneChucker
22nd April 2005, 23:48
Ever watched American Chopper, that custom bike building show on Discovery? Father and Son duo build some really nice looking bikes. As a second bike, I could definitely go for that, or one from their show.

Waylander
23rd April 2005, 02:27
Jeez some of you people have no taste. American Ironhorse TEXAS chopper. You know how much one of those would cost in US dollars? $75,000 to $150,000!!! $55,000NZD is fucking CHEAP!!! Cheap enough for me to think there may be something wrong with this one, ie stolen or some kinda engine dammage. Beautifull bike. Don't like all the space between the bottom of the tank and the top of the motor myself but still a VERY nice bike. And believe it or not but Ironhorse choppers can handle well. Maybe not knee sliding well but good enough even for NZ roads.

White trash
23rd April 2005, 14:28
Two words, "Suckerpunch Sallys"

Sniper
23rd April 2005, 16:18
Hehehehe, my sides hurt, reall they do, that is the funnoiest bike I have ever seen, hehehehahaha

Eurodave
23rd April 2005, 19:28
Not everyone wants to buzz around at highly illegal velocities on a jappa sportsbike with their head down & their arse up,concentrating hard out, pretending to be Foggarty et al.

Some of us actually enjoy sitting back at around the speed limit, relaxing, enjoying a big V Twin heartbeat & watching the scenery go by on a bike not made by the same people that bought us Pearl Harbour!

FROSTY
23rd April 2005, 19:38
A bit too raked out for me but pretty cool

justsomeguy
23rd April 2005, 19:39
Not everyone wants to buzz around at highly illegal velocities on a jappa sportsbike with their head down & their arse up,concentrating hard out, pretending to be Foggarty et al.

Some of us actually enjoy sitting back at around the speed limit, relaxing, enjoying a big V Twin heartbeat & watching the scenery go by on a bike not made by the same people that bought us Pearl Harbour!

I see, and good for you!!!

I however do love to have my head down and knee out pretending to be Rossi.

Concentrating hard on getting my lines right and gears correct for the speed I'm at is what I like to do as I'm busy enjoying my reliable, cheap to maintain and cheap to run bike. Somehow those huge, heavy, shiny machines from the same people that bought us Hiroshima and Nagasaki and Vietnam and Iraq don't do it for me the same way.

But when I get my full license I'll definetly take one out for a ride to see what the fuss is all about.

They couldn't have generated all that hype over nothing...... same with a Ducrarri......

Eurodave
23rd April 2005, 20:04
I tell ya what,one of lifes great joys is cruise mode on a bike with a big V Twin motor,albeit Jap, Euro or American.
Theres just something about the low end torque, the feel of the donks heartbeat & the sound of two big lungs throbbing away beneath you. You really should try it on warm days when youre feeling mellow & laid back, EXCELLANT!

justsomeguy
23rd April 2005, 20:41
I tell ya what,one of lifes great joys is cruise mode on a bike with a big V Twin motor,albeit Jap, Euro or American.
Theres just something about the low end torque, the feel of the donks heartbeat & the sound of two big lungs throbbing away beneath you. You really should try it on warm days when youre feeling mellow & laid back, EXCELLANT!

I guess you'd feel like Arnie in The Terminator 2 bar fight. Invincible!!

Waylander
24th April 2005, 01:08
A man after my own soul. I know what ya mean man it was V-twins that git me into bike to start with. The look of a custom built one-off bike rollin down the road and the roar of the pipes that you can still here 5 minutes after it's passed. Still I tend to not like American Ironhorse choppers.Too much space between tank and engine as I said earlier. Here is a chopper I like built by Big Bear Choppers. This one wouldn't handle very well on NZ roads though.

http://www.acechoppers.co.uk/images/venom_prostreet_1.jpg

guzzi_nz
24th April 2005, 19:55
my self i LOVE CHOPPERS and diff countys have dif type
american are using the old swiss type swiss being builting then for pass 15 years like that
engish built low tight choppers :Punk: :Punk:

Waylander
24th April 2005, 22:42
my self i LOVE CHOPPERS and diff countys have dif type
american are using the old swiss type swiss being builting then for pass 15 years like that
engish built low tight choppers :Punk: :Punk:
Never seen a chopped Guzzi before. Not bad, not bad at all. Still I prefer the engine the other way but ofcourse on a cruiser/chopper I like to stretch out a bit and the motor would get in the way on one of those.