PDA

View Full Version : Tax tax tax...

george formby
12th November 2009, 10:38
The Herald's front page today has an article about what Carbon Tax is going to cost us..... Eek, 4 million people, no heavy industry, squillions of trees,what gives? (bikes are low carbon emitters, shhh.) Farmers & large emitters will be subsidised by the public to the tune of $1.6 billion by 2012.
Over & above this I recently read that trebling the tax on fuel & massively increasing the tax on new vehicles may be considered.
The logic, damn, I can't find the logic, anybody seen it?
Right I'm off to nut my wall.:bash:

vifferman
12th November 2009, 11:13
It's a fraud. How does taxing us for having the temerity to live in New Zealand save the baby lesbian afghani fur seal penguin whales? :blink:

I bet you there's someone (advisors, bureaucrats, carbon traders Greenpeace employees?) who are set to make shitloads of money out of this scheme, and it's not going to change anything (apart from wrecking the economies of third-world countries like UnZUd, while other countries simply opt out).

It's the political/economical version of wearing sackcloth and ashes and beating ourselves with studded whips. Meanwhile, The Earth goes about its business and doesn't give a fuck. And we keep supporting the eejits that signed us up for this, instead of linging them up with the other people Hone Racist Hariwira wants to give a lead injection too.

Oh yeah - that's right; lead is bad. Give them a wooden injection instead. Oh wait - that kills trees. Inject them with carbon credits then.

[/rant]
I feel SO much better now. :rolleyes:

Swoop
12th November 2009, 11:16
It's all about money. "The planet" is merely the excuse they (UN) are laying on us to extort the money.

Australia will regret signing up to this rubbish.

vtec
12th November 2009, 11:19
I think they need to know and clarify for the general public the effects of different CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere, at the moment it is all too fragmented, and the people pushing it appear to have vested interests. And there is a lot of counter evidence aswell.

It doesn't add up for me just yet. There's no way they should be passing laws and setting up the next bubble economy (carbon credits) until the science is resolved.

Winston001
12th November 2009, 11:42
Carbon trading and emissions taxes are all about pollution. Sadly our leaders don't seem to get that message across.

The planets climate will change naturally so talking about that is misleading. Personally I think humans have contributed massively to the change through vast carbon release over he last 150 years. You however can disagree - no problem.

What is obvious is the amount of air pollutants, metals, and complex hydrocarbons we release into the environment to sustain our lifestyle. I'd like that to change.

The one element of NZs emissions load which I do not agree with is that attributed to animals. Other countries have not yet agreed to include their animal emissions so it seems ludicrous to me that NZ should go down this path.

MisterD
12th November 2009, 11:53
The one element of NZs emissions load which I do not agree with is that attributed to animals. Other countries have not yet agreed to include their animal emissions so it seems ludicrous to me that NZ should go down this path.

+1 in defence of the farmers...making the huge assumption for a moment that "greenhouse gas" is an evil that going to raise the sea level by height of Al Gore's mega-yacht in 10 years time...it seems ludicrous that farmers be penalised for the gases emitted by animals, if they're not credited with the carbon taken in by the grass growing in the first place.

avgas
12th November 2009, 11:55
Gentlemen,

Please calm down, the carbon tax will not be a problem for you. Buy simply trading carbon credit via my legitimate firm, you will be released from this burden.
We plan to start trading in Carbon credits in 2010.
Regards

Ken Lay
Enron Inc

Winston001
12th November 2009, 12:01
Gentlemen,

Please calm down, the carbon tax will not be a problem for you. Buy simply trading carbon credit via my legitimate firm, you will be released from this burden.
We plan to start trading in Carbon credits in 2010.
Regards

Ken Lay
Enron Inc

Er.....you're dead. :blink:

gwigs
12th November 2009, 12:08
Carbon Trading ,just another way of ripping off the masses.
I dont believe that people are the cause of global Warming...
The planet has heated up and down many times over millions of years
with out any help from humans...Its all about scare tactics and money..:angry:

spookytooth
12th November 2009, 12:15
I got a heep of trees,flax and other shit growing up the back of my place.I recon theres about ...lets see 100ks in carbon creds if any one wants to buy em

mashman
12th November 2009, 12:15
My question is: Where will all the money go? and why should we pay it if the larger polluting nations of the world can opt out, or defer, or lie about their emissions... who's going to count them?

Winston001
12th November 2009, 12:44
My question is: Where will all the money go? and why should we pay it if the larger polluting nations of the world can opt out, or defer, or lie about their emissions... who's going to count them?

Damned good question. Google is normally your friend but this time the answers are so confusing that I won't even try. Suffice to say that if we each buy a tonne of coal, bury it in the backyard, then plant trees on it, we'll be winners. Can't wait for the cheques to roll in....:shutup:

avgas
12th November 2009, 12:54
Er.....you're dead. :blink:
Well before my death even

Pussy
12th November 2009, 12:56
My question is... will we get taxed more after a lager and curry evening, when you fart a bit more?

Dave Lobster
12th November 2009, 13:22
I'm guessing none of our jellyfish, elected representitives have got the bollocks to say Go fuck yourself to the self appointed collectors of these taxes!?!

mashman
12th November 2009, 14:16
My question is... will we get taxed more after a lager and curry evening, when you fart a bit more?

If you've not used your council provided gas canister (which you're being taxed on) and have set off the network integrated indoor fart sensor (which you're being taxed on) you'll also be fined!!!

Plus you'll also be hit with a noxious gases ACC stealth health levy (see toxic waste clearup operation) designed for chronic flatulators such as yourself. This will go on your criminal record, you'll be fitted with a wireless whisper detector (taxed) and be denied any form of insurance claim should you have passed wind whilst in the act of being injured...

You'll soon be wishing that you'd have taken the time to bend over, insert the ACC provided (yet personally taxed) shaft up your ass to collect the afore mentioned overflow...

tut tut

Pussy
12th November 2009, 14:20
If you've not used your council provided gas canister (which you're being taxed on) and have set off the network integrated indoor fart sensor (which you're being taxed on) you'll also be fined!!!

Plus you'll also be hit with a noxious gases ACC stealth health levy (see toxic waste clearup operation) designed for chronic flatulators such as yourself. This will go on your criminal record, you'll be fitted with a wireless whisper detector (taxed) and be denied any form of insurance claim should you have passed wind whilst in the act of being injured...

You'll soon be wishing that you'd have taken the time to bend over, insert the ACC provided (yet personally taxed) shaft up your ass to collect the afore mentioned overflow...

tut tut

I'm getting worried now.... what are the penalties for accidental follow through??

mashman
12th November 2009, 14:22
Covered by the noxious gases ACC stealth health levy (see toxic waste clearup operation)... plus even then government realise that a follow through on any occasion is punishment enough.

Swoop
12th November 2009, 14:26
I'm getting worried now.... what are the penalties for accidental follow through??
Serious embarrassment, especially when performed in a public building...:innocent: