PDA

View Full Version : Dominator 4 Sale

DZL
30th October 2003, 23:13
I have a nextra tidy low kms Domi for sale, good extras & etc yada yuada yada . . .. . ping me offlist at;-

bruce@marshall.co.nz

CIAO

BrooC

merv
31st October 2003, 19:35
A Honda Dominator or a Norton Dominator?

DZL
31st October 2003, 21:26
 . .. the good one, Honda of course!

;-))

igor
18th November 2003, 20:05
Originally posted by merv
A Honda Dominator or a Norton Dominator?

we no bROOc is stoopid but he ant stoopid enuf to buy a Norton

wari
18th November 2003, 21:16
Hey igor ... theres an ag200 on trademe right now ... you should upgrade mate :p

heritiz (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Trail-bikes-terrain/0001-0026-1257-/auction-7080510.htm)

igor
19th November 2003, 15:56
Originally posted by wari
Hey igor ... theres an ag200 on trademe right now ... you should upgrade mate :p

heritiz (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Trail-bikes-terrain/0001-0026-1257-/auction-7080510.htm)

but it is 2 tall for me

may look at upgrading to a Honda CT110:rockon:

curious george
19th November 2003, 17:13
Who else has read this post expecting some leather clad whip thrashing chick?:o

pity.

Motu
20th November 2003, 20:55
Originally posted by igor
but it is 2 tall for me

may look at upgrading to a Honda CT110:rockon:

Oh,good choice mate,you'll be able to wear a skirt on that.Your 209 litre panniers will bolt on an yet still leave plenty of room on the big rack for yer han bag.Go for it....an it's red to match yer toe nails.

igor
20th November 2003, 20:57
get bak to advrider.com

MikeL
20th November 2003, 21:27
Originally posted by curious george
Who else has read this post expecting some leather clad whip thrashing chick?:o

pity.

No way. We all know the difference between a Dominator and a Dominatrix, and whether it's more fun to ride or be ridden...
:p

Motu
6th January 2004, 16:44
WELL ??? who screwed who trailer queens?

DZL
6th January 2004, 17:43
WELL ??? who screwed who trailer queens?

It was a very gentlemanly 'You go next' 'No, YOU go next' 'NO, I insist, YOU go next' . . ..& like that. .

I havent heard back from Hoscar yet, he prolly still out riding the lovelly Domi .. .. . & I'm mildly stoked with the DRZ too, especially since I've had 1.5" cut out of the seat & raised the bars 40mm so's I can slide the forks up to match the amount I lower the back when I fit the Kouba dogbones that arrived from the US this arvo . .. . once I can more or less reach the ground she'll be SWEET!

HTH
BrooC

"Trailer Faggot & Proud"

Motu
7th January 2004, 07:46
It'd take a chainsaw to get that thing down to my size,but it's one hell of a nice bike off road - does this Kouba crowd have a website,I'd like to see if I could lower the XT (um,for my wife you understand) What the hell was that boy thinking - did you get him drunk or sumat?

Us dual purpose types have a tough road,the bike to do what we want doesn't really exist,no matter what anyone says.I am going to end up like you - one bike for each application,next on the list is an XR200 or watercooled KDX200,for dedicated off road,something I can haul out of a knee deep swamp.

DZL
7th January 2004, 07:56
Go www.koubalink.com

Dont even begin to think that an XR200 & a KDX200 are remotely simlar because they share a similar capacity.

I once had an XR200, & it wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding.

I once rode a KDK200, & it wanted to go about 3 times faster than I could comprehend, yappy lil buzzsaw & GREAT if ya seriously wanna ride enduros or go properly fast . . .

I now have one each of the two best 'trail' bikes out there, a DT230 Yamaha, & GasGas Pampera 250.

Ask Geoff Bush, he had a ride on em both along the Wanga Rd & Okara Rd last satdy, more fun than ya can poke a stick at if ya no longer in the full flush of youth!

If/when I have to sell one of the two it'll be a bloody hard choice, but likely I'ld keep the Pampera coz I can even have fun on it around my 1 acre garden.

HTH
BrooC

Motu
7th January 2004, 08:56
Yeah,poles apart alright - but I'd like an XR200 cause it'd be a good match with the TLR200,they share common parts.And when I had an XR200 I used to clean up my mate on his KDX,but he didn't know how to set it up.I want that suspn and sweet motor.

wari
8th January 2004, 06:52
Yeah,poles apart alright - but I'd like an XR200 cause it'd be a good match with the TLR200,they share common parts.And when I had an XR200 I used to clean up my mate on his KDX,but he didn't know how to set it up.I want that suspn and sweet motor.

I've been thinking of an xr200 too ... but how old can I go? It's a money thing , or lack of ...

Motu
8th January 2004, 08:13
Dirt bikes just cost too much for what they are - for the price you pay to get some shitter you have to strip down for a complete rebuild - you could pick up a liter bike you can ride to Wellington and back.A thousand bucks for a totaly fucked XR200?...no thanks!

You need the first early 80s model cause they had more suspn,but they never got disc brakes,if I got another one I'd change the front end.With a bit of work the motor can keep pace with a 250,but starts to lose bottom end,just depends on how you ride - and you only ride an XR200 WOT...right?

DZL
8th January 2004, 08:17
OR, do a bit of lateral thinking here ~ go buy a brand new Suzuki Trojan farmbike for prolly 5 grand, good indestrcto lil 200cc 4 stroke with STRONG carrier racks & headlight protectorbars & 2 sidestands & a supercomfy allday-seat & very low to the ground & very 'go anywhere' ~ farmers use em fror 'trail' ridng!

HTH
BrooC
"My account for consultancy will reach you by the 20th!"

Oscar
16th January 2004, 10:38
It'd take a chainsaw to get that thing down to my size,but it's one hell of a nice bike off road - does this Kouba crowd have a website,I'd like to see if I could lower the XT (um,for my wife you understand) What the hell was that boy thinking - did you get him drunk or sumat?

Us dual purpose types have a tough road,the bike to do what we want doesn't really exist,no matter what anyone says.I am going to end up like you - one bike for each application,next on the list is an XR200 or watercooled KDX200,for dedicated off road,something I can haul out of a knee deep swamp.

What was I thinking?
Husky TE610ee......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Huskyyyyy....
Anyways, I like the Dominatrix, I may just keep it.

BTW, Motu...I think in your case, "goes both ways" is prolly a better description than "dual purpose"....http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/naughty.gifhttp://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/lol3.gif

Motu
16th January 2004, 11:37
Is the Dominatrix going to be put to use soon?...like the Safari maybe? I can't do that,maybe the Pukemanu if I get my act together.

Just had a guy in trying to sell me a 94 KDX,but I dunno....I like them,but,but...that horrible green colour clashes with the curtains in my garage,maybe I'll go looking at curtains today.

DZL
16th January 2004, 12:22
Just had a guy in trying to sell me a 94 KDX,but I dunno....I like them,but,but...that horrible green colour clashes with the curtains in my garage,maybe I'll go looking at curtains today.[/QUOTE]

. .. your call of course Motu man, but for you I'ld reckon the old XR200 would be better, far more forgiving & relaxing to ride . .. last KDX I rode had me all hyped up on adrenalin & having 'moments' just riding down the farmtrack to where the REAL trail started . . .bloody liul things are all Yip Yip FiZZZzzzzRrrraaarrkkk .. . sheesh, a man dont need all that carry-on . .. . . pity ya cant spring the dought for a DT230, best of most worlds for ya that'ld be .. . OK for Adventyre Rides or even commuting, & with good tyres its very flattering for proper trail use .. . I've done about 500kms of trailing on mine now in about 6 munce & it hasnt managed to throw me down once so far, whereas I was forever getting unseated offof DR350's 7 such. . . the DT is reasonably low as well . .. . .hey, howsabout hunting around for a WR200! Nearly as good as the 230, very similar mechanically, but older & cheaper . . .

HTH
BrooC

Motu
16th January 2004, 14:20
He was selling because it was too fast for his son,putting him on the tt350 and getting a new one for hizself,maybe you are right - it's just the suspn I want really,and all the small bikes are lacking in that dept.Hey,I'd forgotten about the WR200,they seemed to have disapeared,or hoarded more likely.

DZL
16th January 2004, 15:40
Hey,I'd forgotten about the WR200,they seemed to have disapeared,or hoarded more likely.[/QUOTE]

I reckon thay have more likely just slipped off the back of the 'trendyness curve'! Petroil mix, no lecky start, no 'Z' in the model name, no fleuro graphics or latest 'cool' Yamy Corp deep blue colour . .. . all the shit that makes new stuff sell!

A guy I ride with sometimes still has his old IT200 that is the WR200's granpa, that he was riding enduros on mebbe 20 years ago .. . the thing is a crusty old rough pigdog of a bike ~ & I still cant keep him in sight!

And have ya tried stickin with Gary Wendts on his bloody scrofulous old Soozi Mudbug!

The DT is the direct descendant & latest form of those same old proven beasties, but with a few refinements like oil inj'n & lecky start. . . . bloody magic lil scoot . .. . I heard whisper of a used DT230 locally, private import & a bit scruffy, but if the price is right .. . .. ! Lemme know if ya want me to make enquiries .. .

BrooC