PDA

View Full Version : Attitude & stupidity

george formby
16th November 2009, 09:11
Just a quick rant. Left work yesterday, went to the robbers market & as I am about to turn right macho man rumbles into view behind an oncoming car, pulls out to overtake on his chromy stars & stripes (50k zone...) see's me & stays put. Thing is, he's not wearing a helmet, or a jacket, or gloves. Mmmm, silly man. Got fleeced for my shoppin & I'm a k further down the road, sweeping left hand bend but fairly blind. Lo & behold, a sportster from Milwaukee hoves into view behind an oncoming car, travelling to quickly, hits the front brake, has a wobble & then overtakes between the cars through the corner. Inches to spare.... Mind you he was wearing a helmet, a black piss pot. No gloves, light jacket, no boots, jeans. Bikes should be reserved for grown ups. I'm not having a go at cruiser riders, just the 2 I saw yesterday.

dipshit
16th November 2009, 20:01
Yeah, there are a lot of idiots and wankers around on bikes.

AD345
16th November 2009, 20:02
God bless freedom of choice right?

meowmix
16th November 2009, 20:21
Ideally thad would be Darwin's theory in effect. Unfortunately our healthcare system is reasonable so its just upping ACC. Damn.

YellowDog
16th November 2009, 20:42
I must confess that I went 1km up the road today to post a letter.

Helmet, gloves, trainers & T-shirt.

Couldn't be bothered to ATGATT.

Unusual for me to do that.

dipshit
16th November 2009, 20:45
God bless freedom of choice right?

See how many motorcyclists actually think that type of road behaviour is okay.

Why is it that motorcycling seems to attract a large proportion of wankers and blow-hards..???

Tink
16th November 2009, 20:54
drinking and driving... he is so relaxed in his non existant gear... he will just roll off the bike... yet the car that hits them might not come off so great...

When I was in Utah (usa) I rode no helmet... on a harley ... as a pillion at 18... I classify that as the most stupidist thing I have done in my life... I call it

'NO BRAINS'

ManDownUnder
16th November 2009, 20:56
Why is it that motorcycling seems to attract a large proportion of wankers and blow-hards..???

THAT explains KB!...

Pedrostt500
16th November 2009, 21:00
I have a Theory for this behaviour.
If you desighn somthing to be fool proof, accross town there is someone building a bigger and better IDIOT.

AD345
17th November 2009, 06:53

I dunno

If we all chip in will you switch over to a car?

Gubb
17th November 2009, 07:10

Without it, we wouldn't have you.

CookMySock
17th November 2009, 07:20
I must confess that I went 1km up the road today to post a letter. Helmet, gloves, trainers & T-shirt. Couldn't be bothered to ATGATT. Unusual for me to do that.I'll potter around the block to my mates' place for coffee, or to gas up at the servo or something, but fanging it around my favourite S-bends at the end of the street is off the menu. It's tempting to lean the fucker right over, but in shorts and tee shirt its gunna end up in tears one day, and I don't need it.

Potter, not fang. :msn-wink:

Steve

Fluffy Cat
17th November 2009, 07:31
There seems to be plenty of dorks around... coming home rounded the corner to our street what do we meet. A dork on a black 50cc scoot no helmet, as far as I am concerned his choice. No what pissed me off was the 3/5year old girl sitting on said dorks lap wearing a cycle helmet. Moron... priceless.

oldrider
17th November 2009, 07:34
See how many motorcyclists actually think that type of road behaviour is okay.

Why do most of your posts remind me of the flies in Australia? :confused:

Fluffy Cat
17th November 2009, 07:59
Oldrider.....are NZ flies no good then? or just not numerous enough?.:laugh:

oldrider
17th November 2009, 09:55
Oldrider.....are NZ flies no good then? or just not numerous enough?.:laugh:

No matter what, no matter where, they always turn up quicker than anything else and they are always the same! Predictably "exactly" the same! :argh:

george formby
17th November 2009, 09:56
I see a lot of bikes riding past from my possie by the beach & the vast majority of riders are well kitted out & have obviously spent a bit of money on their bikes & kit. I guess the two I saw the other day were local "bad boys" enhancing their image. Variety is the spice of life but I guess self preservation is optional.