PDA

View Full Version : SCOOTER only forums?

scoot
24th April 2005, 00:56
seen new startup at scootling. personally as a scooterist having forums for likeminded individuals makes sense. these forums here are still dicktated and populated by guys who don't see the practical side to 2 wheelers, no matter what the displacement. Save your clutch

James Deuce
24th April 2005, 01:07
Thanks for the veiled insult. Go download a PHP driven BBS from somewhere and start your own.

Is it just me or when parents gave up teaching kids manners and courteous inter-personal skills, did the state neglect to take over this important role?

MrMelon
24th April 2005, 02:32
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

A number of motorcycle owning members here also have scooters, We're all on the road together without having to segregate the forums further!

Zed
24th April 2005, 09:47
...personally as a scooterist having forums for likeminded individuals makes sense.Yes, I've said it time and time again - you scooter riders think totally different than the average motorcyclist out there! Can you answer some questions to 'open my eyes of understanding' Mr scoot:
1. Why don't 'most' scooter riders wear any protective gear apart from a helmet? (Suppose you wouldn't wear those either if they weren't compulsory)
2. How come scooter riders think that the normal road laws don't apply to them? Eg. passing other vehicles on the left hand side and riding on footpaths?

these forums here are still dicktated and populated by guys who don't see the practical side to 2 wheelers, no matter what the displacement...On the contrary, the real bikers on these forums are some of the most practical minded people out there who recognise that safety is of paramount importance in motorcycling and that scooters (and their riders mentality) just don't cut the mustard! :thud:

Btw scoot, welcome to the site!

Zed

Sensei
24th April 2005, 10:13
Is it just me or when parents gave up teaching kids manners and courteous inter-personal skills, did the state neglect to take over this important role?[/QUOTE]

Well Jim there is alot to be said about the wrong's & right of physical punisment when kid's are young to keep them on the right track , but seen as most kid's are bringing themselves up now adays I believe thats where the trouble is .