PDA

View Full Version : Riding in the wind

slofox
16th November 2009, 11:12
Dunno what it is about riding in windy conditions, but I really enjoy it. Today being a case in point - windy as hell here - blustery Westerly, quite strong in exposed places. It's kind of like a sumo wrestling match - all push and bump and shove and just being buffetted about by the elements...and relaxing into it and letting the bike cope with it all...noice.

vifferman
16th November 2009, 11:14
Dunno what it is about riding in windy conditions, but I really enjoy it.
I find it really winds me up, and makes me ride more fasterer.

Mebbe it's summat really primal. :confused:
But everyone's different - my wife really hates windy days. Mebbe coz she's little and has a primal fear of getting blown away.
Or mebbe she watched "The Wizard of Oz" one too many times..

NighthawkNZ
16th November 2009, 11:15
I like the fressh it it gives

wysper
16th November 2009, 11:18
I usually don't mind it too much. But the times when I haven't been paying enough attention and get caught by a big gust can really wake you up.

Although it is pretty funny riding down a straight road with a lean on :niceone:

Leyton
16th November 2009, 11:23
Apart from not being able to hear the bike because of wind noise, I find it just adds just another point of enjoyment hehe

The really hard cross wind is always fun :P

However, the wind noise is a bit of a poo when it comes to the concentration factor :) Ear plugs for the win

vifferman
16th November 2009, 11:28
Although it is pretty funny riding down a straight road with a lean on :niceone:
Umm... is that related to a hard on? :confused:

Apart from not being able to hear the bike because of wind noise, I find it just adds just another point of enjoyment hehe
However, the wind noise is a bit of a poo when it comes to the concentration factor Ear plugs for the win
That reminds me - I realised yesterday that having decent earplugs in actually makes it easier to hear the mechanical 'doings' of the engine, as it removes extraneous noise, muffler sounds, etc. I found I could hear the clickings and clacking of the engine, and apart from a bit of muffler growl, they were all I could distinguish.

slofox
16th November 2009, 11:42
Umm... is that related to a hard on? :confused:

Only if you have a long skinny willy...:whistle:

oldrider
16th November 2009, 14:48
Windy conditions are my least loved riding conditions but at least it is riding!

Is a hard on the male equivalent of a woman having a wide on?

Seventy years and I still haven't solved that one! (sigh) :soon: