PDA

View Full Version : Oh, how I did laugh!

slofox
16th November 2009, 11:32
Driving the cage back from Auckland early Sunday morning - just south of the inner city bits...comes roaring up from behind, some dweeble boy racer in a white Mitsi Evo with the mandatory aeroplane wing mounted on the boot lid, travelling, shall we say, "somewhat in excess of the legally sanctioned velocity"... Zigging and zagging through the traffic, using all the lanes and then some...

He blasts past me and in my annoyance, I flash the headlights at him repeatedly...and believe it or not, he slows a little - for a bit anyway.

Proceed on down a little further. Round the corner and there ahead is a set of disco lights doing their flashy thing on the side of the road. Guess who he has pulled over? Yep. My mate in the white Evo...:killingme:rofl::killingme:rofl:

First time I was ever glad to see a copper on the motorway...

Max Headroom
16th November 2009, 11:43
That is a special moment . . .

I had a similar experience travelling north on SH1 past Pokeno a few years ago, when a kitted WRX went past me at 140kph+ heading up the Bombay Hills one Sunday morning. Just before the Maccas/BP service centre at the top, I saw the same WRX at the side of the expressway with another vehicle behind it. The driver of the WRX was assisting the occupant of the unmarked patrol car with his enquiries . . . . :spanking:

jimmy 2006
16th November 2009, 11:49
got to love those moments.

i was going up to whangarei last week, took a mates old BSA for a ride to air it out:shifty:.

going out of wellsford some jerk on a cbr1000 comes blasting past me and about 6 cars. almost taking himself out on the upcoming corner. 5km later and coppa has pulled him over!

i couldn't help but smile and wave..

oldrider
16th November 2009, 12:07
Many other motorists feel the same way about bikes! :doh: (Sit Katman, sit and stay!)

slofox
16th November 2009, 12:10
Many other motorists feel the same way about bikes! :doh: (Sit Katman, sit and stay!)

Nothing to do with the vehicle. Just with the driving.

NighthawkNZ
16th November 2009, 12:16
(Sit Katman, sit and stay!)

sit bobo sit... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ender EnZed
16th November 2009, 12:27
Nothing to do with the vehicle. Just with the driving.

And the perception. And generalisations. And boy racer cars and fast motorbikes.

vifferman
16th November 2009, 12:38
I've had several situations like those described, except here was no cop around to reward them. It's a shame, because some were so dangerous I would've pulled over behind the cop if there'd been one, and added my 2 cents' worth...

ready4whatever
16th November 2009, 17:27
Maybe he pulled him over to ask where the rages at

EJK
16th November 2009, 17:36
Oh. I have a very similar story.

I was parked on side of a motorway and Renegade Master passed by, beeping a couple of times.

:Police:

BikerDazz
16th November 2009, 17:36
All the times you'd love a cop to turn up when some-one is driving like a real wanker.

The funniest thing happened to me when 2 dudes on a bike cut me off, I gave them a wee beep, the pillion turned round and leand back to give me the finger while the rider hit the throttle, result...the fuckers both came off the back - funny as. mwahahaha
(It was at an intersection so they weren't going fast and no-one was hurt, well only their wee egos).