PDA

View Full Version : Armour-Tech 1 piece leathers

Coyote
24th April 2005, 13:57
Yesterday, I was racing at manfeild, and I finally got to test these leathers out

On my right leg, there was a fairly big tear going along the side of the leg that was easily widened by pulling them lightly apart. Also the knee was torn apart. Admittedly, I should've had knee sliders but I didn't have enough money for them

Moral of story: don't buy a $500 pair of leathers

John
24th April 2005, 14:11
Nazran are a cheap alternative, mine have stood upto well over 5 crashes, only has some small grazes on them, and they have sliders (sure some arent exactly pretty) but hey they do there job, they also have soft hard combination armour so you dont break yourself as easily!.

Good luck finding another pair, maybe check out Trademe they have some good used gear for El'cheapo.

Coyote
24th April 2005, 14:17
I was talking to a few people at the track, they said about getting them repaired from some guy in wellington. Anyone know more about this?

I should be able to sew them up myself otherwise, and maybe the rest of the suit. It was worrying to be able to pull it apart so easily

Coyote
24th April 2005, 14:21
The leather is fine, it was the stiching that was crap

John
24th April 2005, 14:29
oh thats ok then, get it restiched, and get some velcro fitted to it so you can slap on some sliders, I dont know who would do it down there, but there should be alot willing to do so.

bear
28th April 2005, 16:30
There's some guy out in Stokes Valley that does a good job, his name escapes me at the moment, ring Stu at TSS he'll be able to tell ya.

Badcat
28th April 2005, 16:40
Yesterday, I was racing at manfeild, and I finally got to test these leathers out

On my right leg, there was a fairly big tear going along the side of the leg that was easily widened by pulling them lightly apart. Also the knee was torn apart. Admittedly, I should've had knee sliders but I didn't have enough money for them

Moral of story: don't buy a $500 pair of leathers

where are you based?
there's a really good woman in st kevin's arcade here in the land of Orcs.
she doesn't charge heaps either.

ken

roogazza
29th April 2005, 10:37
His name is Dusty ( Leda leathers ) Stkes Vegas Top leathers and repairs. G. :niceone:

Sparky Bills
29th April 2005, 11:36
HIGHLY recomend Dusty.
He is the man!
Custom makes them and repairs damaged ones.
What size are you?
I will see what i can dig up.

Coyote
29th April 2005, 15:58
I'm based in Upper Hutt, so I won't be able to go to Auckland, but I might go down to Stokes Valley, didn't Aaron Slight wear their leathers?

SPORK
29th April 2005, 22:11
Hey man, there's a house down the street that advertises leather repairs, but i'm not sure how well that would do for race leathers.

Get a pair of Violators! (hehehe)