PDA

View Full Version : New member, old fart... (Henryinva)

Henryinva
18th November 2009, 04:18
Hey,
Names Henry. Live in Virginia, play in my garage.

Joined here because of Kiwigs, blame him!

Big GS zuke fan, because there's a LOT of 'em to be had for next to nothing. Current builders all hung up on XS650's, they'll figure it out sooner or later. Hopefully later, as I can pick up parts for next to nothing. I picked up my next project for nothing, speaks volumes to me.

So, Ill start here with my next project, time waster, get me out of the O.L.'s hair, give me some room to myself, tinker toy..

I've got a GS1100 sittin in the driveway as a donor bike. Got that for nothing too.

You guys see something ya like, dont like, whatever, say your piece. I got pretty thick skin. Just dont be a wanker about it and please say why ya think so, if ya please.

Thanks!

Pics are:
My current bikes, not a current pic though
how my black gs started
gs allmost done, but not current
next project

KiwiGs
18th November 2009, 08:13
Gday mate!
Welcome to the kiwirider madhouse.
Really looking forward to seeing how the new bike pans out.
Bikes like yours don’t get built here as often as they do in the 'states.
For better or worse we have some pretty strict rules on what can be done to a bike and have it still be allowed on the road without an expensive recertification.

AllanB
18th November 2009, 08:21
Sweet chops mate. I like your work, clean and simple lines. Well done.

I've always liked the IL4 for choppers and I'd have to say I kind of sick of the universal use of the V twin engine.

I make me cry how cheap you can pick up low km runners in the USA. If I lived there I'd need a large garage ............

vifferman
18th November 2009, 08:36
Hi, Henry! Welcome to KiwiBiker. :wavey:

Henryinva
18th November 2009, 08:37
Sweet chops mate. I like your work, clean and simple lines crap. Well done.

I've always liked the IL4 for choppers and I'd have to say I kind of sick of the universal use of the V twin engine.

I make me cry how cheap you can pick up low km runners in the USA. If I lived there I'd need a large garage ............

Im 53 years old, kids gone, me and mommy's it. Dude, I couldnt build a big enough garage.

Of course me and the wifey dont see it the same way. But 33 years lookin at her face and her looking at mine, you'd think there would be some eye to eye stuff.

Not the case, let me assure you of that,

Do what ya can, where ya can, thats my bit of advise!:msn-wink:

Henryinva
18th November 2009, 09:18
Latest pics of the scooter. Got a comment, one way or the other, say it!

Ypawa
18th November 2009, 10:06
Kia ora Henry..welcome to KB :niceone::yes:

KrazyGixxerBoy
18th November 2009, 20:18
welcome to the site Henry. Nice work on the bike mate, look forward to seeing the next one finished.

FIDH
13th December 2009, 21:07
Welcome to NZ, my friend. I am 45, and have seen the attitudes melt away over the years as regards Brit/Jap/American (alright, and the fucking Euro) motorcycles. I even had a Jap chariot politely moved out of sight by some very hardcore (HA) people a few years back. The main thing is, we all ride what we decide to, and the truly credible do not cater to such snobbery. Ride on, kia kaha.

Henryinva
22nd March 2010, 15:42
Remember the bike sittin in the driveway? Been workin on that one recently. Havent posted any pics lately so heres a few of where its at right now.

Edbear
22nd March 2010, 18:26
A late "Welcome!" I like the look of your customs. Nice work!

As one who is celebrating his 33rd ann. this Oct. It's nice to find a common interest with the wifey and she does enjoy coming out on the bike from time to time. We've also got an MX5, (Miata to you), which we both enjoy as well. Unfortunately I can't afford to indulge myself with the classics I'd like just yet, but there is yet time...

Dodgyiti
23rd March 2010, 07:17
Hi Henry,
Nice looking bikes! Like KiwiGS, there are a few mad keen GS owners around these parts. They usually dominate the Blast From the Past rides, which is good for those of us into old Italian sh*t- means I can always count on a ride home:o
Love the chop! Too many V-twin clones out there, nice to see another type of engine being used:niceone:
That seat looks a little on the thin side...at your age..:laugh:

one fast tl1ooo
23rd March 2010, 07:46
welcome to kb

tate35
24th March 2010, 18:48
Hey Henry, sorry about the late welcome but welcome to KB anyway.

Virginia......now that's a way away from little old NZ :)

Henryinva
8th April 2010, 11:33
Thanks for the welcomes! Im a lot late in responding. Been staying at it in the garage. Heres how it sits now.

howdamnhard
8th April 2010, 11:39
Hi Henry , Welcome to KB. Wish I had as much time on my hands as you.

Henryinva
20th September 2010, 08:38
Still pluggin way on it..

admenk
20th September 2010, 15:26
Nice looking bike, a bit too long and low for me personaly, but then, I've got no taste. As long as you like it, what does it matter? I'm still tempted to bring my old FJ1100 chop over to NZ from the UK, but not sure if a hardtail is a good idea on some of our roads.