PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Pro Superbike - Continental tyres

johan
18th November 2009, 11:18
I just read that Continental won the tyre supplier deal for the Swedish Pro Superbike class 2010.

They hope this will bring down cost and make the championship more competitive.

This will be interesting. Dunlop seemed to be the favourite in the last season. There will be protests no doubt.

With a low population of ~9 million it's interesting to compare the racing scene with NZ.

wharfy
18th November 2009, 11:24
Hey Johan,
how long is the road race season in Sweden ?
I'm guessing there is no "winter" series :)

johan
18th November 2009, 11:39
Hey Johan,
how long is the road race season in Sweden ?
I'm guessing there is no "winter" series :)

I'm not sure Conti has snow tyres to offer for the superbikes :)

The Pro Superbike championship starts in May and finishes in September.

There are 8 rounds on 6 different tracks in the championship I think.

Robert Taylor
18th November 2009, 17:20
I'm not sure Conti has snow tyres to offer for the superbikes :)

The Pro Superbike championship starts in May and finishes in September.

There are 8 rounds on 6 different tracks in the championship I think.

You would have been to Karlskoga track Johan? I went there about 5 or so years ago and it was about as bumpy as Manfield. Almost no covered pit facilities either but that may have changed?

roadracingoldfart
19th November 2009, 20:45
You would have been to Karlskoga track Johan? I went there about 5 or so years ago and it was about as bumpy as Manfield. Almost no covered pit facilities either but that may have changed?

Geeez Robert , Manfeilds not bumpy , its just got some "charactor" elevation differances.

Mishy
20th November 2009, 20:14
Yes, and having won at IDM level, and with new generation tyres now out, they have proved that they would be an excelent choice as a control tyre.

Conti are a little differnt to other suppliers in that they don't manufacture on a "batch" basis. This means that what the top teams use is the same as what you can buy, and this is very different to others, particularly Pirelli.

johan
20th November 2009, 20:36
Who do I contact if I want to try the latest generation Continental race tyres please?

I'm also thinking Continental for the endurance race...?

johan
9th May 2010, 23:16
The first round ofSwedish Pro Supperbike is done, One dry race, one wet race.

The riders were quite pleased with the tyres' performance, especially with the slicks in the dry.
Conditions were around 7 degrees celsius.

Second race (19 laps) started wet but dried up so the race line was dry for 2/3 of the race which destroyed the rear wets, reported the winner.

The three top riders in the private superbike class are given tyres for their effort, sponsored by Continental and STCC.
One set fo the winner, one rear for second place and a front for third place.

In the pro class the winner gets $2000.

A short clip from the second wet race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxA254U5bc&feature=player_embedded

KS34
11th May 2010, 23:18
Thats cool and its televised! Nice prize structure as well.

Paul Booth
14th May 2010, 15:37
Re: Who do I contact if I want to try the latest generation Continental race tyres please?

Give me a call 06-374-2925 I am sure we can help out with some tyres for you. Cheers
Paul

Ivan
14th May 2010, 18:43
his victory celebration at the end was mean