PDA

View Full Version : Race report-amcc round 3 24.4.05

FROSTY
24th April 2005, 20:47
WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY.
Thanks to the v8's the track had a fair bit of spilled oil on it especially round castrol and in the morning over the top of the hill.There was a fair bit of wind
My attempts to find a line--any line at all around Castrol got me a bollicking from the MNZ rep -he complained I was taking 3 bites at castrol and had an inconsistant line--sheesh tell me summat I dont know -- :angry2:
The way Amcc work out grid positions is based on your fastest lap time in practice. Somehow In pre 89 I laid down a fast enough lap to get pole position. -Unfortunately it was a double grid situation so i started from row 5 behind 4 rows of post classics.
In F3 I fluked a 4th fastest in practice so another front row start.
First race and I got a stormer of a start carving my way into the middle of the post classic pack by turn 1 then fell into 5th place overall. I had a huge battle with a Phil duxbury but finally beat him out to end up finishing 4th over the lina and first in class.
In F3 I got the best start Ive ever got to find myself in second place chasing down a guy on a ducati monster 900 (YEA 900) I was feeling good for about 3 laps then KK came flying up the inside of me into the hairpin but I got better drive and got him back--but KK wasn't gonna give it up --OHH NO
I had a tight line into the left hander but looking to my left at the track edge theres the cheeky lil bugger riding up the inside of me with literally nowhere to go. I had to make a decision to brake and let him through or hold my line and watch him crash. Ya can guess what I decided--bugger it.
I got a bit flustered by a lil gang of flying 125's and stufffed up castrol.--that was enough for KK to pull a few bike lengths on me. till race end.
I think KK was third and I finished fourth. possibly him fourth and me Fith -to be confirmed.
Pre 89 race 2--more of the same really--and another win--yeeha
Mella yella seemed to be loosing power for some reason and I was really having to work hard in that one.
Race 2 F3 was a total shambles--It had started to spit with rain and the track was seriously slippery. The meeting was declaired a wet meeting so we had to wait whilst the 125's put wet tyres on.
When we did get to race I got another good start but rapidly lost ground and settled into chasing KK down after he dissapeared away from me when once again I got flustered by the 125 crew flying past me.
I felt like i was reeling him it bit by bit but the race was called after only 4 laps so once again I was eating EBR dust.
Last pre 89 race and mella yella was sounding really porely -I did what I needed to to win my race .
F3 last race and there was no way I was gonna be beaten again -well that lasted 3 laps --KK got me again --This time by taking an impossible line into the right hander before the hill. Once agai I had to decide-hold my line -with right of way and a possible crash --or back off --yea i backed off and he had me. I stuck with him untill Douggie flew past me on the3 SV and a 125 rider also snuck through. -NO FUCKING WAY --I want that third place
I came up the inside of both of em into the hairpin and got them both.
The 125 guy tried again in the right and i got him back over the hill
end of the race and i had a third --yeeehaa.
Friggin good days racing -not reflected in lap times but im still doing consistant 1.12's and that was into a pretty nasty headwind and being really careful round castrol
three firsts in pre89 a fourth/fith a third/fourth and a definite third in F3

Sensei
24th April 2005, 21:25
Excellent read Frosty . I won my road race as well , but not on a track tho :2thumbsup

justsomeguy
24th April 2005, 21:39
Congrats!!!:done:

riffer
25th April 2005, 00:14
Nice work Frosty. Good to see Mella Yella's still competitive after all the shit you've gone through with her... or is it that the shoulder works good enough now that you can actually lean off the sucker now?

Sorry I couldn't talk more tonite. You caught me right in that twilight zone time between dinner and kids bedtime... otherwise known as bath time...

Look forward to more racing reports... :niceone:

Two Smoker
25th April 2005, 08:59
Nice work frosty!!! Some great results there :niceone: I hope to be at Taupo on the 8th... but its not looking good...

FROSTY
25th April 2005, 09:02
TS --you'd better be there---I need someone to show me how to go fast mate.
Ya know half my problem is lack of bottle--Im backing off heading up the hill and into jennian--sheesh frosty grow some fucking balls.
Shit ya shoulda heard the language I was using yesterday