PDA

View Full Version : Bugger. I'm going to have to buy new gloves

Ixion
25th April 2005, 00:23
Now winters coming in, I went to dig out my winter gauntlets. And one of them has flat disappeared. How can one of a pair just disappear into thin air ? Da**ned if I know, but it has. searched everywhere for a week! Must have suffered the same fate as socks.

I'm going to have to buy a new pair.

I haven't bought gloves in years and years . Anyone got a recommendation for brand and source ? Winter gauntlets, waterproof (in so far as they ever are), leather, and warm . And cheap (cos I'm mean)

John
25th April 2005, 00:33
Now winters coming in, I went to dig out my winter gauntlets. And one of them has flat disappeared. How can one of a pair just disappear into thin air ? Da**ned if I know, but it has. searched everywhere for a week! Must have suffered the same fate as socks.

I haven't bought gloves in years and years . Anyone got a recommendation for brand and source ? Winter gauntlets, waterproof (in so far as they ever are), leather, and warm . And cheap (cos I'm mean)
I got a winter pair of technics for 190$ I think and they are great - waterproof and warm as! I cant remeber the model though :(

Gixxer 4 ever
25th April 2005, 08:16
. And cheap (cos I'm mean)
Equals cold and wet. :killingme :killingme :killingme
I have a pair of Nazran with the Thinsulate insides. A bit thick at times but super warm. Leather and I wax them often so very water proof.

Lou Girardin
25th April 2005, 21:26

Spidi Tundras, warm, dry and retain quite good feel. Not cheap @ $159, but cheap is as cheap does.

James Deuce
25th April 2005, 21:50
Teknic Thunder's are comparatively cheap, stay warm and dry, and have a little wiper blade affixed to the outside of each index finger. I think RRP Is around $90.

crashe
25th April 2005, 21:53
I have full leather pair... "Teknic" cost $99 a couple of years ago and I wore them today throu on the Napier/Taupo road.. and my fingers were so frozen as the snow was right down to the road... This pair I hardly wear as I tend to wear fingerless gloves.. but all I can say is these did not keep the fingers warm today.. until after I had taken them off to refuel in Taupo.. and then my fingers were starting to work... :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

I actually road all day in them from Hastings to Auckland. The fingerless ones remained in my tank bag...

So good luck in finding the right pair that will do the job for you...

I just wish I hadn't lost one thermal glove as they would have been great to wear under the leather gloves...especially today... :cold: :cold: :cold:

Pwalo
26th April 2005, 11:12
Dri Rider Nordics. Never leaked, warm, and not too pricey from memory. Go nicely with my Nordic jacket when the weather gets cold.

Bit nippy this morning in the Capital.

Gremlin
27th April 2005, 00:01
Dri Rider Nordics. Never leaked, warm, and not too pricey from memory. Go nicely with my Nordic jacket when the weather gets cold.
I think thats the gloves I just bought, but haven't used yet. Got them from Motomail for $89.99

No kevlar stitching, but have the hipora membrane. If you wanna a pic, just ask.

Ixion
29th April 2005, 16:38
Thanks everyone for the input. A nice young man at Motomail was happy to sell me a pair of Teknic Thunders. Haven't put them to the test yet but they look like they should do the job. Choice in the end was based on what fitted best. I have big wide hands and the other brands didn't fit too well.

James Deuce
29th April 2005, 16:41
Thanks everyone for the input. A nice young man at Motomail was happy to sell me a pair of Teknic Thunders. Haven't put them to the test yet but they look like they should do the job. Choice in the end was based on what fitted best. I have big wide hands and the other brands didn't fit too well.
Excellent.

Make sure you deal to the finger seams with snowseal and they'll never leak.