PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people to ride with in Whakatane/bop area

Dirty Heathen
22nd November 2009, 08:13
Posted in the meeting events but no reply's so thought I might try here.

Looking for people to ride with mainly I guess other 250 riders as more experienced guys on bigger bikes would not enjoy the slower noob riding pace.

Not looking to organize massive groups rides hopefully maybe just get a group of 3-5 of us for rides or even a couple of people would be good.

not looking for idiots to ride with safety first.

None of my mates have bikes so looking to meet some new people to ride with I am 31 and married so don't worry this is not a attempt to meet females lol by the way.

mattian
22nd November 2009, 08:29
Posted in the meeting events but no reply's so thought I might try here.

Looking for people to ride with mainly I guess other 250 riders as more experienced guys on bigger bikes would not enjoy the slower noob riding pace.

Not looking to organize massive groups rides hopefully maybe just get a group of 3-5 of us for rides or even a couple of people would be good.

not looking for idiots to ride with safety first.

None of my mates have bikes so looking to meet some new people to ride with I am 31 and married so don't worry this is not a attempt to meet females lol by the way.

bro. Try out some of the Mentors on here. You will find that most guys on bigger bikes always have time for noobs of any age or stage of riding. We all started somewhere :2thumbsup

Dirty Heathen
22nd November 2009, 08:53
For sure man its always really good to ride with people that are a lot better then you as well as good way to learn.

But would be nice to find some people to just give a call and go for a ride somewhere.

CookMySock
22nd November 2009, 13:35
I am 31 and married so don't worry this is not a attempt to meet females lol by the way.Hehe, many of the females on here are 41 and ARE looking for nice boys, so you broke a few hearts there I'd say. :cool:

Get all the local riders you see on KB, and send them a friends request and a PM regarding what days you are free for rides. This way they can get back to you at their leisure when they are heading out. Or else just get on your bike and go see people - that has always worked, bikers or not.

Mattian is right.. many fully licensed riders are quite happy to pootle along behind you and keep things quiet and safe.

There are rider games to get involved in too, like Tagorama, so tee up a tag buddy and go get those tags.

I wouldn't mind kicking off a local drinkies evening at some regular time and/or place.

Steve

Dirty Heathen
22nd November 2009, 13:43
yer for sure Steve would keen to meet for drinks get to know some local riders for sure.

But yer if you or your wife daughter and going for ride let me know would be happy to tag along of thats ok I saw you guys in the beacon family shot about acc was a good read hole bloody family off Hyos :)

I see your daughter riding past my workshop most days cruising along past the hub she stands out on a red bike with red gear.

CookMySock
22nd November 2009, 14:00
Yeah thats her, bro - off to school. She loves her Comet. Did you know the lad has an after school job at the car yard right across the road from you? He has just bought a loud GT650R which I expect him to be on ASAP after he gets his full license this coming week.

Well lets have a go at a regular biker drinkies evening. Where?

Steve

Dirty Heathen
22nd November 2009, 14:10
Ahh hard case is that your boy?

Seen him over there heaps there was a yellow hyo 250 over there the other day.

Ahh as for where maybe the crack? nice sitting out side on a nice afternoon but not fussed they have nice meals there as well.

Is there even a MC club down here I think undies organize some rides.

I just ripped my forks off today got a leaking seal and might get them re-chromed as well so bike might be off the road for a couple weeks rust is around the top but I see some pitting further down would rather spend the extra now and get them done them end up having to do seals every 6 weeks.

BiK3RChiK
23rd November 2009, 06:49
Ahh hard case is that your boy?

Seen him over there heaps there was a yellow hyo 250 over there the other day.

Yeah, that's my bike. He sold his bike in anticipation of getting a 650 but he gets his full license in the next week, so he'll be riding his latest acquisition.:2thumbsup

I'll be selling that bike soon, since Steve will be getting my 650 Comet sorted as soon as the motor gets here from the States:pinch: I'm looking forward to it......

CookMySock
23rd November 2009, 08:27
Crack should be ok. The bar needs to have a supervised license, so the youngun learner riders can come along with their parentscough. We got kicked out of one bar coz of that - wasnt very pleasant.

Steve

ready4whatever
23rd November 2009, 11:11
Got a trail bike?

Dirty Heathen
23rd November 2009, 15:17
Crack should be ok. The bar needs to have a supervised license, so the youngun learner riders can come along with their parentscough. We got kicked out of one bar coz of that - wasnt very pleasant.

Steve

They sell food I think as far as the rule goes you can have underage people there if they sell food.

TuonoTom
23rd November 2009, 16:51
Hey I just got home (to Whakatane) and I'm always keen for a ride. Flick me a PM and we can organise something.

Tom

Dirty Heathen
23rd November 2009, 17:04
sounds good man just getting forks re-chromed atm so might be off the road for a couple of weeks.

CookMySock
23rd November 2009, 17:48
They sell food I think as far as the rule goes you can have underage people there if they sell food.nah mate, they have to have a supervised license or underage are out. Best if someone just asks. Doesn't matter too much the first time, or if we are seated outside anyway,

Steve

BiK3RChiK
23rd November 2009, 17:55
It's called the Craic.........

Irish bar! Crack! WTH?????? LOL Plebs....

Dirty Heathen
23rd November 2009, 18:19
Lol well you guys still new what we were talking about.

Dirty Heathen
23rd November 2009, 20:09
Hey steve while I ma waiting for my forks to be done planning my next ride went to te kaka on the weekend so now thinking maybe to Gissy and back through the gorge or maybe go matahini to murapara then to Vegas and back through the lakes? any suggestions?

CookMySock
24th November 2009, 06:08
Do them all, bro! :niceone:

Yeah up through Murupara is good. Go to TeTeko supermarket and up that road past the golf club and turn right at the top. Go to Galatea store and thurn right there and go over the river.. Then onto Rotas and back through the Rotomas.

Going around the cape is an epic trip, but its a long way ay, so plan to stop over around Tologa Bay area.

Steve

Grasshopperus
24th November 2009, 22:23
Heathen, if I'm ever in the area I'll give you a call. Gotta check that FZR out :)

rapid van cleef
24th November 2009, 22:45
yo. im keen for rides out. ive got a young un at home so need babysitter.well hes 11. anyhoo. im game. im really keen on technical aspects of riding......not that im a great rider.....i like to develop skills and not just idly ramble along. although rambling along is good sometimes. i went past opotiki towardss te kaha a cple of weeks ago, some nice twisties but man, they are some real boring long straights.....whos got a radar detector to sit in front?

Dirty Heathen
24th November 2009, 23:39
yer for sure grass got a spare bed if you need somewhere to crash the night could plan a trip down stay here then we can carry on down the east coast.

Sounds good rapid as I say just getting my forks re-chromed so might not have the bike on road until next week but pretty keen on that ride that Steve pointed out back loop to vegas.

And I agree long straight bits of road are much fun but that should have heaps of nice twisty i would say and some nice scenery.

trailblazer
27th November 2009, 22:04
im keen to meet some people to ride with as none of my mates ride either and i am also a newbie so i don't go hard. just like to get out and ride.

rapid van cleef
5th February 2010, 19:52
Anyone free for a ride tomorrow late afternoon? i d li to go through the waioeka gorge again maybe, anywhere else, i just wanna ride and ive got some rubber to get rid of. track day booked in 4 weeks. with a few mils of tread left before i get the new hoops for the track , i wanna blast

anyone free?

CookMySock
5th February 2010, 22:10
Pocket bike racing all weekend. Come out for a ride at the track?

Steve

rapid van cleef
5th February 2010, 22:48
yeah i mplanning on that but got to goto tauranga first in the morning. what time u there until?

CookMySock
6th February 2010, 06:22
I'm at Mikes' place working on bikes (edgecumbe, pm or txt for address) until midday, then we go open up the track.

Steve

trailblazer
8th February 2010, 20:48
anyone keen for a ride after work one night this week.

rapid van cleef
8th February 2010, 20:52
yip

hows about tuesday .tomorrow eve......happy to ride anywhere really as long as its twisty and dry!

trailblazer
8th February 2010, 21:03
just sent you pm but i could do tomorrow night.

trailblazer
8th February 2010, 22:58
hay guys if any 1 keen rapid and myself are going for a ride tuesday night meeting at shell awakeri at 6 feel free to come for a ride. No heros only sensible riders plz.

BiK3RChiK
9th February 2010, 06:49
Some from our family might turn up... we all gots da evening off:woohoo:

trailblazer
9th February 2010, 16:39
cool we are meeting at shell wakeri around 6 hope to see you guys there

rapid van cleef
9th February 2010, 16:53
im just about to get ready if any of u are online. i ll be there by around 6.15.

BiK3RChiK
9th February 2010, 19:09
im just about to get ready if any of u are online. i ll be there by around 6.15.

/me shakes head... late, late, late!... hehe.. We were about to leave when ya finally showed!! LOL

good ride but....

trailblazer
9th February 2010, 20:24
thanks for the great ride guys and it was good to put faces to names. I hope i wasn't to slow for you guys.

rapid van cleef
9th February 2010, 20:24
well, i had to prepare the dinner before going out. i work til 5 , tis a hard life, and i did enjoy it

BiK3RChiK
10th February 2010, 06:59
thanks for the great ride guys and it was good to put faces to names. I hope i wasn't to slow for you guys.

It was a good pace. Nice to view the scenery as one passes. You did well...

well, i had to prepare the dinner before going out. i work til 5 , tis a hard life, and i did enjoy it

Chur chur... ;)

That Manawahe Road!.... best keep left, aye guys? I'm a bit worried about stray sheep and crap on the road, oh, and the occasional opposing traffic... Nice twisties though! Reminds me of the back roads in the Naki.

trailblazer
10th February 2010, 20:50
that was the most traffic i have seen on that road i usually do the ride going up manawahe rd but it was fun doing it the other way. It was a good pace and was good to watch other riders lines through the rotoma's with me being a newbie and all.

rapid van cleef
10th February 2010, 22:23
(That Manawahe Road!.... best keep left, aye guys? I'm a bit worried about stray sheep and crap on the road, oh, and the occasional opposing traffic... Nice twisties though! Reminds me of the back roads in the Naki. )

well done graham. we should go somewhere we can actuyally stop n have a chat. er..................oh you did and i was late................well a destination with a cafe or summat.

keep left, well if i can see through several corners, ill go down the middle and make it a straight line. i thought chin was going round the outside of me in a lefty, in the other lane..turns out he didnt cross the centre line. not many people his age can ride like that.....in a good way!. well done young man!

we will have to do that again and hopefully make it a regular thing.

im happy to find a corner or two, and stop and practice, give each other tips etc. has to be nice n quiet stretch somewhere. somtimes you think your doing 1 thing, and actually your in a mess!

im always learning and looking to improove.
he he

was good fun that.

BiK3RChiK
11th February 2010, 06:13
keep left, well if i can see through several corners, ill go down the middle and make it a straight line. i thought chin was going round the outside of me in a lefty, in the other lane..turns out he didnt cross the centre line. not many people his age can ride like that.....in a good way!. well done young man!

we will have to do that again and hopefully make it a regular thing.

im happy to find a corner or two, and stop and practice, give each other tips etc. has to be nice n quiet stretch somewhere. somtimes you think your doing 1 thing, and actually your in a mess!

im always learning and looking to improove.
he he

was good fun that.

Yes, he's done a mountain of riding over the summer... also, he did a trackday a while back on a wet track and managed to *ahem* cane it. He has a good amount of experience now but I still feel a bit nervous about him riding so quick.

It's always good to keep learning.

CookMySock
11th February 2010, 09:47
i thought chin was going round the outside of me in a lefty, in the other lane..turns out he didnt cross the centre line. not many people his age can ride like that.....in a good way!. well done young man!He is a well-skilled young fella, but is still discovering all the bad things that can and do go wrong on the roads - quite apart from the skill of handling a large, heavy, and powerful motorcycle.

im happy to find a corner or two, and stop and practice, give each other tips etc. has to be nice n quiet stretch somewhere. somtimes you think your doing 1 thing, and actually your in a mess! im always learning and looking to improove. This is why we go pocketbike racing. Oopses on the pocketbikes are small, slow, and inexpensive, and the pain and tears go away after an hour. On the road they change your life in ways you would rather not contemplate. The upside is, it improves your road skills immensely, as you have noticed. ;)

Steve

trailblazer
11th February 2010, 20:38
i can't get out for a ride next week as im rebuilding my roll cage after a fairly large roll at the last round of the nz 4x4 trials and have to get it sorted before i leaave on friday but im keen for the following tuesday again. would be good to have a ride with a destination in mind.

rapid van cleef
11th February 2010, 20:45
ok, fine by me. however, i would like to get out this saturday morning for a blast, weather permitting. sat arvo is jazz in the park, and sunday is already booked out for family stuff.

anyone fancy it?

trailblazer
11th February 2010, 20:59
maybe i will have to c as i am supposed to be doing firewood or working so will get back to you.

BiK3RChiK
11th February 2010, 21:03
I'm away this weekend and have to do some major stuff around here before our Japanese exchange student arrives next week, so won't be able to go riding this coming week.

rapid van cleef
11th February 2010, 21:04
doing firewood? u sell it? i need to buy some. was just about to order 5/1/2 cubic mtres for 250 bucks.

CookMySock
11th February 2010, 21:23
sat arvo is jazz in the parkTake your bike! Theres lots of bike parking up the back of the event.

Steve

trailblazer
11th February 2010, 21:55
nah don't sell it but i no someone that does.

rapid van cleef
12th February 2010, 20:56
take me bike........... ill be drinking dude! and with the family. anyhoo

ride tomorrow morning anyone?

pm me if youre keen. i ll check onlne in the morning, hopefully leaving town around 9.30 - 10 am

rapid van cleef
13th February 2010, 08:41
hmm. i see bikes in town all the time. a couple of R1's and a vtr or two. seems as though theres only 4 people in the immediate area use this site though. bugger.........choppers dont count!..........lol

trailblazer
13th February 2010, 21:42
we might have to hook up with one of the underwoods rides they have one every month and get a good turn out from what i have been told.

rapid van cleef
14th February 2010, 12:58
oh yeah. i forgot about that. although, when i have seen them together, there seems to be lots of cruisers n chopper types. i am unsure of the handling capacitiy of those kinda bikes. i would think, having a longer wheel base, that they are not the type of bike to take down the twisties. more like nice long 'cruising' rides. going in a straight gets boroing after a while, even if going quickly. now, i may be completly wrong. the underwood n wilkins rides may in fact be exactly what we could hook into. i ll go see when theyre next ride is.

i did go over the rotomas n back on saturday. was fun. some total arsehole came out of the kawerau exit road onto the road to the rotomas in a knackered old white ute and was driving up the arse of the car in front. then on a left , right, blind left, he pulled out and over took the car in front and went round the outside of him on the oncoming lane going into the blind left. if i had left home maybe 20 mins earlier, i could have been coming round that corner on my way back. what a twat. i will recognise that truck if i see it again and i will report it to the police.

trailblazer
14th February 2010, 20:00
there is some complete twats out there that only think of themselves but the goverment is targeting bikers. I don't know what sort of bikes go on the underwood rides but assume they would have a good variety of bikes and riders.

BiK3RChiK
14th February 2010, 21:19
The Undies rides are fast... You will probably enjoy them Lee.

Steve came to Matawai to meet us ladies coming home from our weekend ride away. We had a good blast home this afternoon, although it was a tad wet through the gorge. Nice dry roads from Opotiki. Us chicks ended up doing over 700 k's for the weekend. It was awesome!

trailblazer
14th February 2010, 21:59
well im not into going to fast as i don't have the skill for it so if i do one and the pace is to hot I will just back off. I thought steve wasn't going to meet you girls. Sounds like you girls had a good weekend then.

BiK3RChiK
15th February 2010, 05:45
He wasn't going to, but surprised me, which was real nice :love:

We had an awesome time! Got to Taupo on Friday night and stayed at Flashpackers... shame about the MM party over the road that was still raging at 7am! Saturday we rode to Napier, had lunch and continued on to Gisborne for the night. I don't think I'll forget the entertainment of the evening there! Those Gizzy chicks sure know how to party!!

Then yesterday (Sunday) we came home through the Waioweka Gorge. Last point of call the Matata Pub. Only cop we saw pulls up outside the Pub and comes right in to book some fulla who had been coming along the Matata Straights! LOL

Alexandra came too and we had an awesome time. She's doing her restricted today and will hopefully fly through that :D