PDA

View Full Version : Friends, your help is needed!

Motoracer
31st October 2003, 17:14
Just minutes ago after finishing work for the week, as I went down to ride my scooter home, I came to find that its gone...

I can't express what I feel because out of all the vehicles I have had, for some reason I loved that scooter the most. I don't have insurance or anything and my alpine star gloves, my helmet, my wallet with all my stuff including drivers licence, credit card, eftpos card, business contats are all gone now.

Here is the deal. Any one who can lead me to finiding my scooter along with the guy who took it will get a reward of 500.00

Nouseforaname
31st October 2003, 17:23
Give us a few more details so we know what we are looking for dude, im sure if any of us see it we will break the fuckers down who stole it

type of bike
rego
colour
etc:D

Fuck i hate theives, you work ya ass off for something you really really really want and then cherish it to bits only to have some scumbag take it like its there own...... scum!

wkid_one
31st October 2003, 18:01
THAT IS FUCKEN AWFUL.....I hope you find the fucker and cut off his nuts and use them as a neck tie

Motoracer
31st October 2003, 18:40
Sorry guys, its hard to think with a hot head. Here are the details: (I don't have much hope but just trying everything I can...)

Make: Suzuki
Rego: 52UGG
Model: 50 SEPIA
Year: 1998
Distinctive features: 'Caliber' stickers on boths sides and a loud exhaust pipe.

This was an import and was an Asian only model. I think its not that common for a jap scooter to have the headlight not attached to the steering (see picture).

Thanks guys

P.S. Belive me wiked if I find this fucker, he'd have different ideas about what kind of people own scooters...

Firefight
31st October 2003, 19:53
Yeah Fuc$ that sux, were was it parked and @ approx what time would it have been takin ??

firefight:argh:

Big Dog
31st October 2003, 20:07
:confused: Will keep the eyes peeled.
When you catch him make him wish he had been caught by th police instead!:ar15:

Marmoot
31st October 2003, 21:49
Dude, get the warning (descriptions) to every bike and scooter shops and wreckers you can think of! And motomail too.
Including the description of your gear.
If you have time, might be a good idea to check on Otara market every once in a while.

Also, report that to the police so that (in case) if you found your scooter later on and the owner disputes it, at least you have some proof that it's "official stolen stuff" business.
Make sure the police report has the rego number in it so the report, VIN number, etc is in total package as well.
Plus the descriptions of the gears.
I know there is not much hope here, but just in case you get lucky at least you get to have some ammunition.

Call the banks and any credit card provider to cancel all the cards.
Try to remember any other important stuffs in the wallet and make sure to render them useless (cancel/change any details, etc).

May the bastard get caught and/or mutilated!

Motoracer
31st October 2003, 22:21
Thanx guys, specially Firefight for willing to go the extra mile. Its good to know we have such good people in our comunity. Its the minute percentage of fuckwits that really ticks me off. I have to say that I am more hopefull now.

It was parked right infront of a Building called the Newcall tower in Grafton at 44 Khyber Pass Road. This is directly opposite to cheapskates next to the post office. I am asuming it was taken some time between 1130 - 1750. What surprises me the most is that, there are hundreds of people flocking around all over the place and I am 99% sure I put the steering lock on. The only thought that comes to my mind is that, some people must have come with a van and casually chucked it in the van and drove off. On Monday I will put out some flyers to hopefully get some witnesses.

I'll take your advise Marmoot. I have already reported it to the cops and cancled all my cards. The wallet however had my bank acc. no and my IRD no. I know I am a dumbass for keeping that stuff in the wallet and even a bigger dumbass for leaving it in the scooter. But should I/can I change my IRD no. along with my bank acc. no?

Motu
31st October 2003, 22:24
Do you care what condition the scoot is in when you get it back - cause if I see it I'm takin the fucker out - PM me real quick if you get it back :Oops:

Motoracer
31st October 2003, 22:30
Actually I think I would care. But as soon as he is off it. Please do the honers and run the prick over with that big Pajero of yours.

Duke of Rogan
31st October 2003, 22:38
very sorry to hear about your loss and will do my best to keep an eye out, but tell me, why did you have your wallet and other gear with your bike and not on you?:confused:

Motoracer
1st November 2003, 06:05
Because the scooter had this magical compartment under the seat that just about fit every thing in it. I was spoilt by the convinience of it I guess, so I always use to lock everything in there for safe keeping (yea right!).

Marmoot
1st November 2003, 06:49
I wouldn't worry too much for bank acc. no. It is mainly used to give people direction to put money into your pocket anyway. However, it might be worth to call up your bank 24-hour number and have a talk to them, see what they think.

For IRD number, I'd leave it alone for now. Maybe good to report it to them. If you have any problem later on, you can talk to them and maybe (just maybe) they can trace it down to the culprit and you might get to see the bastard who stole the scoot. Remember, IRD has much better inteligence service than the army or security.

georgedubyabush
1st November 2003, 11:57
Arse.

Just came home for a quick lunch to find my Skyline broken into. Offstreet, in my garage. Numberplate gone, boot lockbarrel forced... they then must have thought what the hell, lets really fuck his day up. Window smashed, boost gauge and stereo faceplate gone (wtf). Left the doors open. Interior light still blazing away when I found it so cant have happened too long ago. Glove box cleaned out.

Why couldn't they have just pinched the fuckin thing? I wanted to sell it anyway.

:angry2:

Guess I'm lucky in a way as I've been warned that 'someone' had his eye on my bike.

I know the right people to ask so will see what happens.

SPman
1st November 2003, 23:32
Perhaps its time to set up a sting, the same as those guys in the UK who targeted areas with a stealable bike, then , when pricks tried to steal it, collared them and beat the liivng fuck out of them!  :2thumbsup

wkid_one
2nd November 2003, 08:09
Full details of the bike as on Motochek

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 rules=none width=530 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD align=left width=99 bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Vehicle Type</B></TD>
<TD align=left width=182>Moped </TD>
<TD align=left width=99 bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Engine No.</B></TD>
<TD align=left width=150>A148116948 </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Chassis Number</B></TD>
<TD>116260 </TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>CC Rating</B></TD>
<TD>50</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Colour</B></TD>
<TD>BLUE</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Country of Origin</B></TD>
<TD>Japan </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Power</B></TD>
<TD>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;kW</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Assembly Type</B></TD>
<TD>Imported Built-Up </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Prev. Country</B></TD>
<TD>Japan </TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>No of Seats</B></TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Gross Vehicle Mass</B></TD>
<TD>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;kg</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Alt. Fuel Type</B></TD>
<TD>Unknown </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Fuel Type</B></TD>
<TD>Petrol </TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7>&nbsp;</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE borderColor=#ffd3a8 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 rules=none width=530 border=1>
<CAPTION style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffd3a8" align=left><B>Registration Details </B></CAPTION>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 rules=none width=530 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD align=left width=99 bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Date 1st Reg'd</B></TD>
<TD align=left width=182>31/05/2000</TD>
<TD align=left width=99 bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Regn Status<B></B></B></TD>
<TD align=left width=150>Active </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Licence Expiry</B></TD>
<TD>5/10/2004</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Plate Type</B></TD>
<TD>Standard </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Licence Issue Date/Time</B></TD>
<TD>6/10/2003&nbsp;16:48</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Licence Type</B></TD>
<TD>Licence </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Cause of Regn</B></TD>
<TD>Used </TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Continuous Lic</B></TD>
<TD>Y</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Last Regn Date</B></TD>
<TD>31/05/2000</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Usage</B></TD>
<TD>Private Passenger </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Latest Odo Reading</B></TD>
<TD>22,873</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Subject to COF</B></TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Latest Odo Date</B></TD>
<TD>17/05/2002</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Subject to RUC</B></TD>
<TD>N</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Source Odo Reading</B></TD>
<TD>Warrent of Fitness Inspection</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f7f7e7><B>Subject to WOF</B></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

&nbsp;

750Y
3rd November 2003, 12:47
Originally posted by SPman
Perhaps its time to set up a sting, the same as those guys in the UK who targeted areas with a stealable bike, then , when pricks tried to steal it, collared them and beat the liivng fuck out of them!&nbsp; :2thumbsup

very good idea, I would gladly donate some time & energy to that.

Car Dodger
3rd November 2003, 14:39
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Motoracer
[B]Just minutes ago after finishing work for the week, as I went down to ride my scooter home, I came to find that its gone...

Any one who can lead me to finiding my scooter

hey man, sorry to read about your loss, especially at the end of your working week.
:argh:

I have printed out the picture of the scooter and memorised the plate no#, just incase I see it around my way

Good luck:(

Motoracer
3rd November 2003, 14:46
Thanx again for the support guys. I really appreciate it!! This post office next to the spot where I parked it was a pain. The post shop possibly had some video footage of the theft but wouldn't let me have a look at it. They said, I'd have to get the cops to go over to them and look over the vids. I don't konw if this is the usual procedure but surely its not that big of a deal to save the hassel and let me have a look at the tapes myself... Oh well, guess I'll have to get the cops to come down here.

P.S. They know I am not just some random guy cause I work right next to their office and see them everyday.

Car Dodger
3rd November 2003, 15:08
[The post shop possibly had some video footage of the theft but wouldn't let me have a look at it.

I dont see why not, unless theres some stupid law saying you cant. Besides unless the cops recognise the culprit what the hell are they gonna do anyway.
When I used to work at a servo we supplied the cops with heaps of detailed footage and still nothing ever come of it.

Do you now anyone at the post shop that may take a small bribe for a quick look. :confused:

duckman
3rd November 2003, 15:19
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Motoracer.

I work next door to where it was stolen (abducted) and I will keep a very keen eye out for it.

This area is really dodgy, we had at least 20 car breakin's in 6 months so we had to put up xtra security.

If you see a lunatic on a yellow Ducati, wave out cause it's me.

Motoracer
3rd November 2003, 15:35
Na, I seriously doubt that... They really don't seem the type to take offerings of that nature.

Once my mate's car got broken into, it was inside the Civic car park center in the city next to I max right infront of a video camera. My friend, anoyed but a little relived that it was right infront of a camera, wrote a nice letter asking for video footage. He was surprised to get a reply that said "we are very sorry but it seems we did not have a Video cassette in our video survalence device at the time of the breakin" (or something along thoes lines).

So if there are any of you out there without theft insurance, go get it right now because usually there really isn't much you can do once something is stolen. If you aren't convinced uptill now here this... This Dude came to look at my bike on the weekend. Strangly enough, his ZXR 400 was taken from his house on Friday night. He even had a disc lock on the thing but the mongrels broke into the garage and draged the bike into their ute or van or something. So its not just the wee scooters that are vunarable to these bastards.

Edit: I know duckman, I think a ZXR250 that used to be parked up at the same spot was stolen last year as well. Might be a good area to set up a sting opperation (will have to think about this one). I think I've seen you in the yellow duke, I'll definetly wave next time I see ya.

duckman
3rd November 2003, 15:39
As a community (of bikers) we need to be asking the question "What can WE do to help prevent this".

Must of us would use locks e.t.c. but what about the fact that this forum is full of people with eyes and ears that could be put to good use.

A little organisation and .... bingo, you've got vigilantes!!!

:D

Car Dodger
3rd November 2003, 15:48
I heard that.

I've lived in Waiuku for many years and have never locked anything.
Lately since the invent of "P" alot of the local addicts have been ripping people off magorly in our area even family members.
I know this is'nt unheard of but these are people that are in most cases better off than most of us. Plus one of the reasons why I got out of the gig smoke was because of all that.
Nevermind that doesn't help you does it.

Anyway good luck dude I'll keep my eyes peeled

Big Dog
3rd November 2003, 18:08
There isn't a law about it. I show anyone who asks with a reasonable request/reason.

They may have a company ruling due to the security of the situation.

Ask the cops to call them on their behalf. There is not much point in their coming down unless there is something to see. If the cops call ahead for you this may get the ball rolling.

:niceone: