PDA

View Full Version : What did you do with this glorious weekend?

Molly
22nd November 2009, 18:22
Spent Saturday lining the garage. Can't believe how long it took but that's my fault for going with 100cm rather than 60cm spacing. Bikes didn't turn a wheel whilst I cooked in the shed. Sunday was a damp start and I'm on baby minding duties now. Again, didn't get the bikes out.

Hope you had a more successful weekend and put some miles on your bikes.

sinned
22nd November 2009, 18:28
Spent Saturday lining the garage. Can't believe how long it took but that's my fault for going with 100cm rather than 60cm spacing. Bikes didn't turn a wheel whilst I cooked in the shed. Sunday was a damp start and I'm on baby minding duties now. Again, didn't get the bikes out.

Hope you had a more successful weekend and put some miles on your bikes.
Best part of this weekend was this afternoon - went for a ride. Wellington to Martinborough for coffee hit. Then around the back way via water towers to Masterton - then Eketahuna via Mauriceville (marvellous bit of road where I unleashed the beast). Pit stop and over the Pahiatua Track and home. 385kms - yes it was a good afternoon. :2thumbsup

Eeek - just looked at the GPS log - some bits faster than I thought. :whistle:

LBD
22nd November 2009, 18:48
Early to bed friday and spent most of Sat in bed recovering from 12 days at 4500m working mostly outside in temps betwen minus 10 and minus 30C, Cracked lips are just starting to heal, colour back in my face, nasel infection coming loose, dry cough improving...etc.

3 days to go them back again, although this time will be in warm office at 4500m....3 floors up and no elevator. No wonder I lose weight at work.

Laxi
22nd November 2009, 18:53
was nothing glorious about saterday here:cool: shot over the rimutakas for lunch then watched a bit of bucket racing at kaitoke today

sil3nt
22nd November 2009, 18:55
Early to bed friday and spent most of Sat in bed recovering from 12 days at 4500m working mostly outside in temps betwen minus 10 and minus 30C, Cracked lips are just starting to heal, colour back in my face, nasel infection coming loose, dry cough improving...etc.

3 days to go them back again, although this time will be in warm office at 4500m....3 floors up and no elevator. No wonder I lose weight at work.What do you do? It sounds like fun!

I spent Saturday at work and today i went rock climbing and am doing my best to finish metal gear solid 4 before i have to return it tomorrow. Tomorrow i might go for a ride if its not pissing down :banana:

LBD
22nd November 2009, 18:57
What do you do? It sounds like fun!

I spent Saturday at work and today i went rock climbing and am doing my best to finish metal gear solid 4 before i have to return it tomorrow. Tomorrow i might go for a ride if its not pissing down :banana:

Where were you climbing?

I am at Canadian gold mine in the Teinshan Mountains...

www.centerra.com Kumtor mine

ready4whatever
22nd November 2009, 19:00
went to the clubs friday night, so saturday wasnt very productive. sunday i chilled with my gorgeous girlfriend. tomorrow is another day of having no job

Molly
22nd November 2009, 19:22
I am at Canadian gold mine in the Teinshan Mountains...

Oh... It's not every day you hear that. Bet you could buy a fleet of those Italian beauties. Need an apprentice?

Elysium
22nd November 2009, 19:27
Thursday night: Drinking
Friday night: Drinking
Saturday: Flat hunting
Sunday:Work

Molly
22nd November 2009, 19:32
Thursday night: Drinking
Friday night: Drinking
Saturday: Flat hunting
Sunday:Work

So, you completely wasted the weekend then... ;-)

Elysium
22nd November 2009, 19:36
So, you completely wasted the weekend then... ;-)

No I didn't get wasted :drinknsin I rode my bike during the day as I looked at flats.

Though I should get around to cleaning the bike after the BIKEOI.

MaxCannon
22nd November 2009, 19:39
Ride on Saturday. Swapped after the lunch stop and had a go on my mates ZX10

Absolutely insane !
Probably only got to 70% throttle and it was like I'd lit an afterburner.

Sunday - shopping, work, general domestic time wasting.

Hopeful Bastard
22nd November 2009, 19:40
Im fucking pissed off..

Thursday: DROVE from Levin to tauranga VIA Kaimai's. Beautiful weather the whole way up. :mad::pinch::mad:

Friday: Helped set up stuff for wedding all while kicking myself for not bringing up Brandy.. (what i called my bike) Another fucking awesome day in Tauranga.. :mad::mad:

Saturday: Attended mates wedding. Was a nice morning for a ride as well. Weather started getting shifty in the late avo.. :pinch:

Sunday: DROVE home again. Now, Thanking myself i didnt take the bike because it pissed down with rain for about 2 mins and i wouldnt of taken my wets.. :pinch:

So all in all, Got a tad burnt.. Sat between 2 very very very very SEXY!! bridesmaids... Got pissed off at myself for not taking the girl up. Wouldve been a whole lot cheaper fuel costs as well.. $60 each way in the Cage :(

Also, Saw all these bikes out riding/cruising/having fun and i felt like a school boy who had to stay after-school completing work, while watching all the kids run off to the dairy for a free ice cream :weep::weep:

Harvd
22nd November 2009, 20:24
SAT: Spent the morning trying to get emergency repairs sussed in Whakatane. On the road at 12 Rode from Whakatane to wellington in increasingly cooler temperatures until it rained 20km out of wellington but still a great ride!

SUN: wellington to chch with only 1 wee hold up for one of our groups on the side of the road by the cops... otherwise just wanting to get home!

The 250 loved it all. Sort of...

one fast tl1ooo
22nd November 2009, 20:34
when from napier to taupo.. had lunch and beer,,, go gas when around the lake.. got more gas and when back to napier,,,, just on 500k for the day,,:banana:

AllanB
22nd November 2009, 21:06
Early trip to the dump on Saturday, then a spin on the bike out to Rakia Hutts for a bit of open road running - it was a hell of a lot windier out there than Halswell!
Then back to working around the house.

A wee bit of shed time today working on my muffler project :banana: and a cycle ride with my son once the rain stopped.

Right now I should be making my lunch for tomorrow and doing the dishes ......:whistle:

LBD
22nd November 2009, 22:07
Oh... It's not every day you hear that. Bet you could buy a fleet of those Italian beauties. Need an apprentice?

I wish.

I started my apprenticeship not far from where you took that smilie picture of you and your bike...Lyttleton!

No apprenticeship for you unless your a Kyrgyz National...?

gijoe1313
22nd November 2009, 22:08
Been writing school reports and doing some last minute marking :doh: Just got back in the door from riding around the greater part of Dorkland ... was dropping off my VIO with my puke trackday footage on it to zeocen.

Any excuse for a ride I say! :whistle:

Molly
22nd November 2009, 22:09
Early trip to the dump on Saturday, then a spin on the bike out to Rakia Hutts for a bit of open road running - it was a hell of a lot windier out there than Halswell!
Then back to working around the house.

A wee bit of shed time today working on my muffler project :banana: and a cycle ride with my son once the rain stopped.

Right now I should be making my lunch for tomorrow and doing the dishes ......:whistle:

Sounds exactly like my life.

I wish.

I started my apprenticeship not far from where you took that smilie picture of you and your bike...Lyttleton!

No apprenticeship for you unless your a Kyrgyz National...?

No. Don't think so. Dual Australian / British and honorary Kiwi (well, I live here anyway and my wee girl is a baby Kiwi). I'd have been a terrible apprentice anyway. I'm bone idle.

Been writing school reports and doing some last minute marking :doh: Just got back in the door from riding around the greater part of Dorkland ... was dropping off my VIO with my puke trackday footage on it to zeocen.

Any excuse for a ride I say! :whistle:

Yes. But don't you just love this time of year? Seniors are gone. Just the junior classes. Still reports to do and prep for next year but the end is in sight!

gatch
22nd November 2009, 22:18
Im fucking pissed off..

Sat between 2 very very very very SEXY!! bridesmaids...

You didn't get lucky then ?

Friday - awaited pickup from my house, cruised to taupo whilst boozing in the van, hit town for a wee bit.

Saturday - drunk nothing but booze, paintball in the morning, bbq for lunch, can a hole golf in the afternoon (apparently taking off your pants makes you a better golfer ;)), stripper came over after dinner, more boozing, various challenges were issued (3 from 3 completed by me in under 30 minutes), hit town again..

Sunday - cleaned up the lodge, debretts for some r n r (was mesmerized by the girl in the white bikini :eek5:) sleepy time in the van home.

Now I'm broke..

All in all, a successful stag party, fan fuckin tastic.

Hopeful Bastard
22nd November 2009, 22:27
No i didnt :( One was getting married in January or something and the other has only just broken up with her Fiancee' and i also had a girl back here to come home too..

Also pissed because i didnt take the bike for a ride to Tauranga!

Headbanger
22nd November 2009, 22:35
Looked after the kids on Saturday as the wife was working,ventured down the park.

Today, Combined 3 of my interests (Bikes, RC, Camera), Took the bike over to Rongotea and photographed some RC racing, then I went for a squirt around some backroads on the way home. There are a number of stupidly sharp bends and hidden intersections that jump out at ya around Tangimoana.

gatch
22nd November 2009, 22:49
Looked after the kids on Saturday as the wife was working,ventured down the park.

Today, Combined 3 of my interests (Bikes, RC, Camera), Took the bike over to Rongotea and photographed some RC racing, then I went for a squirt around some backroads on the way home. There are a number of stupidly sharp bends and hidden intersections that jump out at ya around Tangimoana.

Thats an awesome photo man, a scale truck jump of like 15-20 metres haha.

EnzoYug
24th November 2009, 22:23
What do you do? It sounds like fun!

Mate that sucks! How about I bring Sian down your ways this weekend for a ride? We hit up the backroads last weekend and she's keen to try out the waikato expressway!

javawocky
25th November 2009, 07:09
Saturday: Mixed it up with the other N00bs at the track day till I ran out of gas and was wasted (no they didn't serve drinks at the track)

Sunday: Sat at home watching the V8s nursing my sore muscles :doctor:

2wheeldrifter
25th November 2009, 16:05
when from napier to taupo.. had lunch and beer,,, go gas when around the lake.. got more gas and when back to napier,,,, just on 500k for the day,,:banana:

Yep did the same, meet up with onefasttl1ooo,Crazyhorse,Morepower... and two more from the Hawks bay... was a blast...... no it was a blast really :) great day and great company... was cool to meet some others from KB :first:

Elysium
25th November 2009, 17:24
Well it may only be Wednesday but I went to Napier today and boy was the weather brilliant today! My only grumble I had was the condition of SH2 which to me seem bumpy and un-even all the way through.

Dirty Heathen
25th November 2009, 17:26
Went down the coast for a ride pulled my forks out on Sunday then just did boring shit around the house.

Hailwood
25th November 2009, 17:38
Had a great weekend. Left Wgtn on Friday on the ferry and rode down to Karamea for the Buell National Rally..lovely West coast roads and then back on Sunday. Just under 1000kms all up and met the best people (Buell riders of course), saw some great scenery and had a blast...Isnt that why we ride bikes???????????????

Blackbird
25th November 2009, 19:14
Thursday - brought Mrs B home from Waikato Hospital after a hip replacement.
Friday - Tended to her needs, cooked, cleaned.
Saturday - ditto
Sunday - ditto

This week as above, plus grocery shopping. I'm, not grizzling though because it's fantastic to see her sparkling again after 2 years of constant pain.

Got another few weeks of Jennie on crutches and limited riding but boy, is it worth it:niceone:.

However, I've got a leave pass this Friday to duck out and meet KB'er Jimmy B on his ride home. He rode from Auckland to Wellington on Monday to trade his Honda X11 (naked Blackbird) for a naked BMW K1100R. Not to do things by halves, he's coming back to Auckland via Napier, East Cape, and Coromandel. That's style for you! :first: