PDA

View Full Version : (1 x Skill) + (4 x NO Fear) + (10 x Insanity) - (100 x Taught) = CRAZINESS

TOTO
24th November 2009, 23:04
I was in the process of researching a possible future bike and stumbled upon this video.

It is certainly interesting/entertaining to see how loony other riders are (and there are a bazilion vids like that). Certainly made me re-evaluate and adjust the 1- 10 scale of craziness that I rate riders against. This for sure is a 10 on both idiocy and craziness I reckon.

poll vote on video craziness.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ViwaepHyPxY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ViwaepHyPxY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EJK
24th November 2009, 23:09
They are the famous French Motard (insane) riders.

Conquiztador
24th November 2009, 23:32
Never heard of ATGATT. But one has to admire their ability.

Kflasher
25th November 2009, 06:16
Yeah a little crazy, I think most of us have done some dumb shit at some time or another.

Nonbeliever
25th November 2009, 08:19
I only got about 3mins through it.

Can I have that 3mins back please?

Just motard stuff thats all.

CRF119
25th November 2009, 08:57
They got a rating of 3 from me. That to me just looks like a typical trip accross town and then out to ragland or to whangamata. Cant wait till i get the money to motard my CRF450. Thats pretty safe compared to going flat out between trees in the bush.

wbks
25th November 2009, 11:45
They got a rating of 3 from me. That to me just looks like a typical trip accross town and then out to ragland or to whangamata. Cant wait till i get the money to motard my CRF450. Thats pretty safe compared to going flat out between trees in the bush.Do the trees come towards you at 80kph, while you're doing 120 on the back wheel?:baby:

CRF119
25th November 2009, 12:22
No you dont but you only have a 1 meter wide track to ride on and its not flat tar. Plus 120km on the back wheel isnt fast anyway. Remember i ride both road and off road so im not taking sides here. :2thumbsup

wbks
25th November 2009, 12:28
No you dont but you only have a 1 meter wide track to ride on and its not flat tar. Plus 120km on the back wheel isnt fast anyway. Remember i ride both road and off road so im not taking sides here. :2thumbsupYea, it's not tar, so its not going to fley you alive when you come off wearing a t-shirt! I duno, some of those splits between oncoming cars were less than a meter:dodge:

centaurus
25th November 2009, 13:56
I gave them 8 out of 10 but I'm thinking somewhere between 8 and 10. The high score is not because WHAT they were doing but due to HOW they were doing it. Looking closely at the lines through the corner and some bike movements you realise they don't know what they're doing. For example the rider with the camera is at the edge of his/her abilities. In quite a few left handers he had to abruptly re-adjust his line mid corner because he was too tight and he would have hit the car(s) coming the other way.

I've seen people doing much more dangerous things but the way these guys are doing it shows they don't know what they are doing and quite a few things catch them by surprise on the road. They are at the limit of their abilities and given that the guy in front is even in short sleeve, I don't think they will get to do a lot of videos before a serious trip to the hospital.

Insanity_rules
25th November 2009, 22:15
That was insane and I know insane. I took a 04 KTM 640 LC4 out for a rip today, I can really see the appeal. Easy on a bike like that to ride like that though. Motards are just mad!