PDA

View Full Version : Two day Easter meeting at Kaitoke

Skunk
25th November 2009, 07:34
Scooterazzi Two Day Easter Buckets 2010

Two days of racing for Buckets only on a great circuit!

Attached is a Poster and Entry Form. Get your entries in.

Entries close 20 March 2010.

Foxzee
25th November 2009, 09:04
I suppose I'll come along......LOL:dodge:

Skunk
25th November 2009, 10:00
I suppose I'll come along......LOL:dodge:
Are you gonna help?

Foxzee
25th November 2009, 10:15
Are you gonna help?

No I thought I'd just stand there and suck a lollipop.....:rofl::nya:

Skunk
25th November 2009, 10:56
No I thought I'd just stand there and suck a lollipop.....:rofl::nya:
A red wine one?

nudemetalz
25th November 2009, 11:50
Sorry unable to help at that one, but can come out & help some others (if my "new" family will let me).

F5 Dave
25th November 2009, 15:47
Right, Sidewinder is the one that voted no so far. I have no idea who they are but let's all gang up on them for failing to participate:Pokey:

Skunk
25th November 2009, 18:36
I still need helpers (flagging/lap scoring/timing) and hopefully have a few extra First Aiders around. If you are one PM me (even if you're racing).
It won't be an all day job so don't hold back!

Hopeful Bastard
25th November 2009, 18:41
Will see what i am doing around that time.. i may of moved by then. Otherwise i will be more than happy to stand around and wave my arms at the other bikers warning of some Idiot that had an off at my corner..

Skunk
25th November 2009, 18:43
Will see what i am doing around that time.. i may of moved by then. Otherwise i will be more than happy to stand around and wave my arms at the other bikers warning of some Idiot that had an off at my corner..
Cheers mate. Will PM you later.

Pumba
25th November 2009, 20:31
Oh ok I guess I will come for a trip south again:msn-wink:

F5 Dave
26th November 2009, 08:18
Bling added Pumba

Skunk
26th November 2009, 08:34
Oh ok I guess I will come for a trip south again:msn-wink:
Oar-some-ness! Guess you like the track then :)

Pumba
27th November 2009, 18:05
The track was rather enjoyable. Will try and get some others down as well.

TZ350
27th November 2009, 19:30

:eek: Two day Easter meeting at Kaitoke........

Its a very very fun track, and they are really great people, that Welly lot.....:sunny:

I have the prerequisite permission from she who must be obeyed. :woohoo: so count me in too

quallman1234
27th November 2009, 19:57
I have my basic first aid certificate, what i did in 7th form. I think they are good for 3 years.
Too bad ill be riding.

Skunk
27th November 2009, 21:08
I have my first aid certificate. Too bad ill be riding.
Cool, I just want to know who I can call on.

Str8 Jacket
27th November 2009, 21:11
I have my first aid certificate. Too bad ill be riding.

At least if Kyle crashes then he can look after himself!

You can count me and prob Malcolm in. I haven't ridden on Kaitoke yet so bring it on! :yeah:

Hopeful Bastard
27th November 2009, 21:12

I have Basic First aid.. Other than that.. Nothing.. Dont think i have my 1st aid Cert.. If they aint breathing, Remove helmet carefully to avoid any further neck/back problems they may have, Head to side etc etc..

Bert
28th November 2009, 13:07
Both me and =CJ= have current certs for work, we will be there riding too. more than happy to stop and help.

nudemetalz
29th November 2009, 20:26
Adrian will probably be racing and he has his WCC first aid cert (as we all do there).

Skunk
29th November 2009, 22:04
Adrian will probably be racing and he has his WCC first aid cert (as we all do there).
Sheeeh! At this rate we'll have more First Aiders than riders!

Is anyone riding who doesn't have a First Aid cert?

I need a few to flag marshal. "Share the load" style.

Kendog
30th November 2009, 05:37
Sheeeh! At this rate we'll have more First Aiders than riders!

I need a few to flag marshal. "Share the load" style.
I don't have my first aid cert, so happy to flag.

Pumba
30th November 2009, 17:10

Yep:whistle:

Hopeful Bastard
30th November 2009, 17:12
Well to all those that cane off and i come over to ya..... If you answer my question that you have your first aid cert... I will change the flag to green and let you look after yourselfs ;)

:whistle:

huff3r
30th November 2009, 17:16
I don't have a first aid cert, but i might just have to buy myself a bucket for this! Looks pretty impressive :D

Skunk
30th November 2009, 21:56
I don't have a first aid cert, but i might just have to buy myself a bucket for this! Looks pretty impressive :D
The more the better - this is a not-for-profit event so any excess over costs will have to be spent somehow. :apint: :woohoo: :crazy:

gav
10th December 2009, 06:17
Well to all those that cane off and i come over to ya..... If you answer my question that you have your first aid cert... I will change the flag to green and let you look after yourselfs ;)

:whistle:
If you could just drag them off the racing line first, that would be much appreciated!

all4A50s
13th December 2009, 17:21
I'm keen to help and have a bed available if required.

Skunk
3rd January 2010, 12:25
And the first entry (other than mine) is in and paid for. Three months to go...

all4A50s
3rd January 2010, 12:30
Just sent my entry off. How many entries, what grade and from where is there so far?

Skunk
3rd January 2010, 12:39
See my post above... both from Welly. You and me.

Hopeful Bastard
3rd January 2010, 15:08
Still hoping to make it down.. may need a bed for the night though.. Otherwise will high tail it back to my aunties in Upper Hutt and stay there the night then get my arse back out to the track the next morning.. I am more than happy to flag the lot.. Just fill me in on rules and off we go :yes: :D

Trudes
3rd January 2010, 15:16
Still hoping to make it down.. may need a bed for the night though.. Otherwise will high tail it back to my aunties in Upper Hutt and stay there the night then get my arse back out to the track the next morning.. I am more than happy to flag the lot.. Just fill me in on rules and off we go :yes: :D

You probably won't find a closer bed than in Upper Hutt mate.
That's an awesome offer BTW!:niceone:

Skunk
3rd January 2010, 15:40
Yeah, the track is just north of Upper Hutt. Rules are pretty much standard Bucket stuff except nylon to protect the track is a must. If it's not good enough we just can't let you out - though we'll do all we can to help get you on the track.

Hopeful Bastard
3rd January 2010, 15:52
Yeah, the track is just north of Upper Hutt. Rules are pretty much standard Bucket stuff except nylon to protect the track is a must. If it's not good enough we just can't let you out - though we'll do all we can to help get you on the track.

minta.. Dont think i can borrow my mates bucket in time.. ( we doing one up )

So will just come down for a cruise on the bike and wave a flag at ya :)

gav
3rd January 2010, 20:01
Hmmm, can we camp overnight at the track?

Skunk
3rd January 2010, 20:10
Hmmm, can we camp overnight at the track?
I don't think so - Kaitoke Reserve (campgrounds and park) is just up the road (2 kms maybe) plus there's places being offered in Welly for out of towners.

Buddha#81
4th January 2010, 15:45
right welly towners, I'm planning to come up, I'll try and talk a couple of others to join me. My plan is to ride the bucket onto the ferry and leave the trailer and car in Picton, this would keep the cost well down. Anyone man (or woman) enough to be kind enough to have a trailer and want to pick two or three Mainlanders up?

all4A50s
4th January 2010, 17:37
Just let me know when and where and if I can I will. Where are you going to be staying? We have some spare lawn.

Skunk
4th January 2010, 21:32
right welly towners, I'm planning to come up, I'll try and talk a couple of others to join me. My plan is to ride the bucket onto the ferry and leave the trailer and car in Picton, this would keep the cost well down. Anyone man (or woman) enough to be kind enough to have a trailer and want to pick two or three Mainlanders up?I think I could help you there. I think there's a multi bike trailer in my backyard somewhere.

gav
4th January 2010, 22:51
Think this is the same weekend as the new Methven Street Races being run down here, but two days of bucket racing sounds like fun . :)

Bert
12th February 2010, 06:07
Time for everyone to start thinking about this...
Easter in Wellington, no better place for a holiday :)

Str8 Jacket
12th February 2010, 06:46
Im looking forward to it! Really hoping that I can get out there in the next couple of months so that it wont be my first time out on Kaitoke though!! :yes:

Skunk
12th February 2010, 08:32
Time to get your entries in then... See the first post for the entry form.

Hopeful Bastard
17th March 2010, 15:40
Hey sorry Skunk.. Wont be able to do the Marshalling for this one.. I have something else that has come up.. I hope thats ok..

Trudes
17th March 2010, 17:42
Is there anyone out there that can give us a hand? One day, both days, half a day, anything would be great, we'd love you forever (Yep, I'm not too proud to plead and grovel).
A chance to watch bucket racing up close and personal, so perfect if you have been thinking of giving it a go or are just bucketcuriuos. PLEASE.......... We're nice people really :D

Dutchee
17th March 2010, 18:25
If I come down, I'm more than willing to help out flagging again. But I can't commit to it as I'm riding back to Auckland from Manfeild on the Wednesday (riding down Monday) and really aren't sure I'll be up to another 4 days away from home (plus sitting/driving in the van down the countryside again).
So, at this stage I'm a (very) maybe (decision will be made on the Friday, so you'll either see me or not - Henk's pissed off with me not committing either way, but shit happens).
Michelle

fi5hy
17th March 2010, 18:45
I for one love getting out into the middle of things and flagging ( when not riding of course) You can hear the guys YELLING at each other GET THE F**K OUT THE WAY YOU F***IN WA**ER.................. reply F**K OFF NANCY BOY .......................... It's true but you'll have to listen for your self........ Oh shit that means you have to have a go at flagging.

OK here's one ...........any one that flags for the day or helps out can come and get a ride on my bike for FREE thats right FREE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RIDE THIS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Henk
17th March 2010, 18:57
I'll throw a couple of laps on rattlecan blue into the mix for anyone that flags and is thinking of having a go at racing. (please be kind, I have a borrowed motor)

saxet
17th March 2010, 18:58
I'm kinda hoping for a 2 min break between races to allow flaggie changes.

hmurphy
17th March 2010, 19:10
I have 1 or 2 mates who sound keen as on watching buckets and flagging. I've already bribed them with the use of my sexy bucket for B grade.... (little to they know it's not very sexy...)

Skunk
19th March 2010, 18:55
Entries to date:

Grade # Name Sponsors

A 76 Adrian Dunlop, Chris Mitchell Motorcycles Taupo, MottoTT.co.nz
A+B 113 Henk Unknown Disorder
B 20 Warrick
B 78 Brent
A 33 Tex
A 37 George Motomart, ADDU Productions
A 31 Stephen Wynns Wellington
A 157 Malcolm
B 157 Helen
A 7 Max Lyver
B 13 Nigel
B 16 Trudi
A 49 Hamish
A+B 58 AJ Silk Painting & Decorating
B 6 Simon
B 4 Blair

Better get in quick... ;)

hmurphy
19th March 2010, 19:16
Hmm mine still hasn't arrived? A biiiit strange. I posted it a week ago. Wouldn't be the first time the post has screwed me over. Do I need to send in another form? Cheers

Skunk
19th March 2010, 19:47
Hmm mine still hasn't arrived? A biiiit strange. I posted it a week ago. Wouldn't be the first time the post has screwed me over. Do I need to send in another form? CheersMeh. I know you're coming...

Trudes
19th March 2010, 19:58
We've got them, will give them to you on Sunday so you'd better turn up Mr.!

richban
19th March 2010, 20:05
We've got them, will give them to you on Sunday so you'd better turn up Mr.!

Just downloaded, it filling it in, will email it to you later.

Sketchy_Racer
19th March 2010, 20:09
Man I can't wait!! It's going to be awesome!!

Pumba
19th March 2010, 20:13
Hmmm, logic tells me I should not be going, however it will be 3 months (almost to the day) since the operation so really the wrist is healed and I did REALLY like Kaitoki........................

richban
19th March 2010, 20:24
Man I can't wait!! It's going to be awesome!!

Me 2, Can't wait kick your ass.... ok had a few beers... but still, You going down fancy boy.

Skunk
19th March 2010, 20:41
We've got them, will give them to you on Sunday so you'd better turn up Mr.!See how I go... Buried in Membership stuff ATM

Trudes
19th March 2010, 21:19
Hahahahaha :rofl: another thing I love about bucket racing, the fuckin funny smack talk!!

Skunk
24th March 2010, 19:34
Entries to date:

Grade # Name Sponsors

B 20 Warrick
B 78 Brent
A 33 Tex
A 157 Malcolm
B 157 Helen
A 7 Max Lyver
B 13 Nigel
B 16 Trudi
A 49 Hamish
A+B 58 AJ Silk Painting & Decorating
B 6 Simon
B 4 Blair

F5 Dave
25th March 2010, 08:13
Oohh, now I'm healthy to race I'd better print out the form on the first page. {prints] which reminds me my vic membership is due soon.

OK I'll try to get it off tonight.
no.27 A I guess, or F5 if we have enough.

F5 Dave
25th March 2010, 11:22
Hey hey, you can even pay internerd banking. Right done & entry in post.

I've even made a phone reminder to bring that gearbox/btm end to the meet.

Skunk
30th March 2010, 17:38
Current entries:
Grade Number First Name Sponsors
B 20 Warrick
B 78 Brent
A 33 Tex Me
A 157 Malcolm
B 157 Helen
A 7 Max
B 13 Nigel
B 16 Trudi
A 49 Hamish
A+B 58+114 AJ Silk Painting & Decorating
B 6 Simon
B 4 Blair
A 27 Dave
B 2 Detlev
A 94 Tyler Baycad Services, BurrelSigns, Quality Autos, Mum & Dad
A+B 17 Carl Beta NZ, Novagar Boots

Bert
30th March 2010, 19:44
hummm its this weekend right, i better get my bike going....

Short list Skunky. wheres the rest of them???

Sketchy_Racer
30th March 2010, 20:04
So close yet so far away! I can't wait for this weekend! I hope my thing actually still goes it feels like it has been that long since I have ridden it!!!

Trudes
30th March 2010, 20:09
So close yet so far away! I can't wait for this weekend! I hope my thing actually still goes it feels like it has been that long since I have ridden it!!!

Oh my Sketchy, are you sure you want to be telling us all about your thing? :o

Sketchy_Racer
30th March 2010, 20:15
Oh my Sketchy, are you sure you want to be telling us all about your thing? :o

Oh damn, wrong forums hahaha!!

Skunk
30th March 2010, 20:17
hummm its this weekend right, i better get my bike going....

Short list Skunky. wheres the rest of them???

Good question - I should have at least 24 eh?

Skunk
30th March 2010, 20:17
Oh damn, wrong forums hahaha!!Go back to your other 'riding' forum.

richban
30th March 2010, 20:40
Good question - I should have at least 24 eh?

I will drop off mine tomorrow. Just have to check behind the couch for some money.

Henk
30th March 2010, 20:59
25 I put myself down as a maybe.

Her_C4
30th March 2010, 21:07
I wouldn't mind coming out on the Saturday and helping where I can in exchange for letting me practice waving my camera at the racing here and there? I haven't been to this track - can I get in midfield?

Kendog
30th March 2010, 21:14
I wouldn't mind coming out on the Saturday and helping where I can in exchange for letting me practice waving my camera at the racing here and there? I haven't been to this track - can I get in midfield?
If there is a place to practice bike photography this is it.
Easy access to the infield, lots of elevation so you can get above and below the bikes, tons of corners, bikes not moving too fast so good for panning practice, close racing so good action shots.

In summary, you will love taking photos there :yes:

Her_C4
30th March 2010, 21:22
If there is a place to practice bike photography this is it.
Easy access to the infield, lots of elevation so you can get above and below the bikes, tons of corners, bikes not moving too fast so good for panning practice, close racing so good action shots.

In summary, you will love taking photos there :yes:

Excellent news! 200mm or 300mm lens? Sounds like a 200?

Kendog
30th March 2010, 21:26
Excellent news! 200mm or 300mm lens? Sounds like a 200?
200 easy, it's a fairly small location.

Damien_Toman
30th March 2010, 22:09
I'll be there if it's not too late to send a scanned entry form tonight along with direct bank transfer receipt (a screen capture)? :)

Skunk
30th March 2010, 22:41
I wouldn't mind coming out on the Saturday and helping where I can in exchange for letting me practice waving my camera at the racing here and there? I haven't been to this track - can I get in midfield?It's MNZ so usual story. See you at sign on when you get there.

Skunk
30th March 2010, 22:41
I'll be there if it's not too late to send a scanned entry form tonight along with direct bank transfer receipt (a screen capture)? :)No problem. See the event on www.bucketracing.co.nz for the rough programme.

Damien_Toman
30th March 2010, 22:49
Hey Skunk! Excellent. The programme looks perfect. Been dirtbiking in the South Island on holiday most of last week and just got back late Sunday night so trying to catch up with everything :). Looking forward to visiting Kaitoke. My big bro' will take a few photos too :). Looking forward to it.
Regards
Damien

Damien_Toman
30th March 2010, 22:53
Oh, I was in the "maybe" category. Now confirmed.

Shorty_925
31st March 2010, 09:37
Entries to date:

Grade # Name Sponsors

B 6 Simon

Might be entering in for Saturday if not too late.

F5 Dave
31st March 2010, 10:25
Tel yer bro to bring the 50 if it's still about.

Shorty_925
31st March 2010, 12:01
Still waiting on parts as far as I know...though he is wanting to get it going again. He'll be on the fxr as far as i know.

Skunk
1st April 2010, 13:44
It's not too late to enter. Just turn up on the day with your money (and license and membership card if you have them - otherwise you'll need more money).

Skunk
1st April 2010, 13:54
Anybody who is able to help wave flags etc come and see me or Kendog on the day. I haven't had anyone comfirm they are helping but have had several offers.

Trudes
1st April 2010, 14:37
Sounds like we could do with a cook too. Anyone wanna spend a few hours cooking sausages?

Kendog
1st April 2010, 14:39
Yes, a cook would be good on the BBQ.
The shop will not be open unfortunatley, but we should have access to the toilets.

Trudes
1st April 2010, 14:47
Normally I'd be chief cook, I enjoy a good sausage sizzle ;) but I'm hoping to be riding instead of cooking, but if my bike dies (shouldn't say that eh) I'll cook.
Maybe that should be punishment for the first one who blows up their bike.

Henk
1st April 2010, 15:32
Don't say things like that. I killed mine a couple of weeks ago and am now at Pumbas mercy. If he beats me he gets to gloat, if I beat him he repos my motor.

Trudes
1st April 2010, 17:20
Or cook sausages ;)

Bert
1st April 2010, 19:36
All packed up and ready to roll (and fight the traffic), see you guys on saturday; looking forward to it.

Pumba
1st April 2010, 19:46
if I beat him he repos my motor.

Dont have to worry abpput it this weekend, but come the next Mt Welly race you better beleave those are the rules

Rick 52
1st April 2010, 20:10
I put my wets on rims today so the weather should be dry all weekend see you all on Sat morning :,)

NSR143
1st April 2010, 20:53
fixed my bike this week... welded the engine mount... stuck a new tail pipe on... changed the oil... oiled the chain... see you Saturday morning! Never been to Kaitoke and am looking forward to it.

all4A50s
2nd April 2010, 06:06
24 hours to go and my bike nearly ready. Re-geared the bike, lifting the muffler and with luck will be able to get the pegs to bend. Let the games begin...

Sketchy_Racer
2nd April 2010, 14:23
Pulled my bike apart, fixed seizure marks on bore, re-dress piston and re-jet. It's gonna be faster than ever!!

Oh and it's got brakes again (helps if there is brake fluid in the reservoir)

Skunk
3rd April 2010, 21:56
All packed up and ready to roll (and fight the traffic), see you guys on saturday; looking forward to it.

Bugger me. What's with your engineer? The bike was running!

Dutchee
5th April 2010, 08:13
Thanks to whomever booked the weather. We had a few spits of rain on the drive back to Auckland, but nothing serious. That was brilliant as we'd seen it had rained earlier in places.
I thought having the racers doing the flagging was working well, and it was nice just to sit around and watch (not that I do much flagging, but after two solid days at Taumaranui didn't want the same scenario). Plus I could steal a dog for walks.
After my mission, I now have another goal I need to accomplish - get some time at Mt Wellington, and psyche myself up to do the two-hour with Trudes. Probably the first goal required is not to get hammered the night before (not an easy task). Oh, you can discreetly throw up so no one hears you hahahaha.
Thanks for a fun weekend, see some of you at Roy's Hill later this year, all going well.
Hope everyone had a safe trip home (we were about half an hour ahead of the fatal on Desert Road and wondered where the cops and fire trucks were heading).

Bert
5th April 2010, 08:36
Bugger me. What's with your engineer? The bike was running!

Haha, just about, still more issues than solutions... shame about the rider though.

Anyway, good on you guys for putting on such a great meeting. I personally had a blast as I'm sure everyone else did.

And a big thanks to Sponsers for putting on all the great prizes.

Henk
5th April 2010, 09:38
Thanks guys. Awesome weekend.
Stunning track you have to play on there.

Skunk
5th April 2010, 11:05
Thank you to all those the turned up - whether to race or help. You made the event as good as it was.
Special thanks to:
Kendog and Trudes - awesome help before and during the event helping organise and run it. Wouldn't have happened without you.
Fishie for filling in with his experience
Foxee for being Clerk of the Course - are you getting used to the low key Buckets yet?
Bernie for volunteering his time to be our MNZ steward. He's keen to do it again as you were such a great bunch. (This is the first time we've done this under MNZ)
Tazman - taking over flagging duties so I could get a (rusty) race in
Everyone else who helped flag, gate control and just lent a hand
And of course Skunk Control for taking care of the food and drinks at short notice

and importantly the sponsors:
Scooterazzi and Boyle Kawasaki.

Thank you all

hmurphy
5th April 2010, 12:17
Thanks again to everyone. I had a blast! I learnt heaps this weekend from Andrew A, Glen, Fish and Richard about racing and I look forward to the upcoming season. Awesome turn out and the weather held off for us. Cheers to Skunk for the big effort you put into this event and to all the others who made it run smoothly and provided food. Great to see so many out of towners, hope to see you all back soon! Thanks to the sponsors Scooterazzi and Boyle Kawasaki!! Hope you all had a great weekend too

Shorty_925
5th April 2010, 16:24
What were the results for the saturday and for the sunday?

Foxzee
5th April 2010, 17:35
Thank you to all those the turned up - whether to race or help. You made the event as good as it was.
Special thanks to:
Kendog and Trudes - awesome help before and during the event helping organise and run it. Wouldn't have happened without you.
Fishie for filling in with his experience
Foxee for being Clerk of the Course - are you getting used to the low key Buckets yet?
Bernie for volunteering his time to be our MNZ steward. He's keen to do it again as you were such a great bunch. (This is the first time we've done this under MNZ)
Tazman - taking over flagging duties so I could get a (rusty) race in
Everyone else who helped flag, gate control and just lent a hand

and importantly the sponsors:
Scooterazzi and Boyle Kawasaki.

Thank you all

Hey Skunk thanks for TELLING me that I had to be there as your Clerk....I had a blast...when I wasn't cringing I was spillting myself with laughter...sadly I don't think I will get away with that for our Winter Series at Manfield *sigh*....it was an awesome meeting to be part of!....was great to meet you all!:)

Her_C4
5th April 2010, 20:23
Hi all,

What a great meeting - looks like great fun. Neat track to take photo's at for sure!!!

I took far to many images (as usual!) and have popped a selection up in my Facebook album http://www.facebook.com/pages/WF-Photography/170516153185 and the rest of them up on my website if anyone is interested http://www.wfactor.org/?p=gallery&m=bucket_racing.

No charge for an emailed 500pxl low res image - order via the 'order photos' tab on my website :)

Cheers,
Chrissie

F5 Dave
5th April 2010, 21:13
Awesome weekend, thanks to all the organisers & hope it can go ahead next year or any other time. Great for the Aucklanders etc for maknig the trip. It used to be only me tavelling to the big Auckland events for a few years so good to see others make the miles for some good racing. Glad the weather held up & so youse guys could sample a great track, lets hope we can keep it.

Skunk
5th April 2010, 21:30
No charge for an emailed 500pxl low res image - order via the 'order photos' tab on my website :)Cheers Chrissie, very generous of you. :)

F5 Dave
5th April 2010, 21:49
Hey Fishe check out that pic on 3rd page of Her_B4's page of you on your 50, great shot!

andrew a
5th April 2010, 22:02
Well put Hammish thanks to Andrew and helpers. I only did the Sunday and didnt have good frame of mind. I crashed in front of Richard and Steven in the practice. Young Sketchie did the unthinkable and fell off right in front of me just after passing. I went down. I was able to restart but had lost a lap. Taged on to Richard but unfortunatly he fell off to. Other races Ok but found the race pace very hot. Richard and Hammish were going very very well. Glen and Fishy were their ushall super fast.
The side car blast with Fishy at the lunch brake was cool. The neck got a bit saw. A few more laps I recon we could have got it backing into right handers good.
Annother highlight was the blast on Fishys 50. It has no power and brakes felt strange (no brakes). I think that contributed to the comming together with Adrien (I'm very sorry Adrien). I fount it talking to me like sparky and the train. I'm taking corners the wheels are skipping up and down and it is saying I'm going to chuck you off if you do that again. Fantastic fun. I pulled off early for fear of upsetting others. Thanks Fishy.
Caleb enjoyed himself and prowdley showed his mother his #2 placing for the Bs to dads participation cirtificate! Byron was also pleased to report he had put in a few laps also.

F5 Dave
5th April 2010, 22:29
Was good to see you enjoying the 50, they are frustrating battling with bigger bikes but satisfying the odd time you get it all sorted & slay Goliath. We need to drag a few out of corners & make a proper race of it. At Chch BOB a couple back there was ~ 14 of them on the grid.

hmurphy
5th April 2010, 22:42
I'd gladly invest in one to join you fellas if there was a cheap one around. Looking at fishies one it doesn't look like there is much to them. So surely they are cheap..?

fi5hy
6th April 2010, 07:27
theirs a heap of bike there if you look closely ( A REAL HEAP)

fi5hy
6th April 2010, 07:35
The side car blast with Fishy at the lunch brake was cool. The neck got a bit saw. A few more laps I reckon we could have got it backing into right handers good..

Any more time out there we were both going home in an ambo

[QUOTE=Another highlight was the blast on Fishys 50. It has no power and brakes felt strange (no brakes). I think that contributed to the coming together with Adrien (I'm very sorry Adrien). I found it talking to me like sparky and the train. I'm taking corners the wheels are skipping up and down and it is saying I'm going to chuck you off if you do that again. Fantastic fun. I pulled off early for fear of upsetting others. Thanks Fishy...[/QUOTE]

Yes I should change the MDF front brake pads after a while you can smell the wood burning. That little Skipp from the front end is the bike going thought its count down process of DEATH to the rider. If your really brave count the skips if you get to 13 stop because the 14 one is the switch of DEATH.

Trudes
6th April 2010, 10:05
Wicked photos Chrissie!!! Thanks for that! I'd like a few so will get hold of you soon. I especially like the one where the Fish is passing me and giving me the stink eye as the mighty Rangi is out powering him down the straight :laugh: :laugh:

Hi all,

What a great meeting - looks like great fun. Neat track to take photo's at for sure!!!

I took far to many images (as usual!) and have popped a selection up in my Facebook album http://www.facebook.com/pages/WF-Photography/170516153185 and the rest of them up on my website if anyone is interested http://www.wfactor.org/?p=gallery&m=bucket_racing.

No charge for an emailed 500pxl low res image - order via the 'order photos' tab on my website :)

Cheers,
Chrissie

Her_C4
6th April 2010, 12:51
Cheers Chrissie, very generous of you. :) No probs - it helped me too as I had a few issues to try and sort out with my big lens (and pretty much sorted now!) :)

Wicked photos Chrissie!!! Thanks for that! I'd like a few so will get hold of you soon. I especially like the one where the Fish is passing me and giving me the stink eye as the mighty Rangi is out powering him down the straight :laugh: :laugh:

LOL thanks Trudes - yep I love that one - it is actually a sequence of shots, but in isolation it does actually look as though YOU are passing him :)

richban
6th April 2010, 20:52
What a weekend. I am knackered. Thanks to all the people that traveled so far, really enjoyed the racing and watching the racing. Also thanks to all the people that helped organize this event. Kick ass job. I must say sorry to Kyle for knocking his bars and sending him down. Happened really fast and looked bad from my view. I hope you are ok. There were a more crashes than I have seen in a while. Everyone was pushing the limit of man and machine, makes me think how much faster can one go on a Kart track. Anyhow will post some more video later tonight / tomorrow.

Also thanks to my sponsor fishy/wynns for the onsite boot repairs. I hope Sketchy doesn't get jealous.

richban
6th April 2010, 21:16
Footage

Sunday only sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wRJhtG4RJo

quallman1234
7th April 2010, 16:39
I must say sorry to Kyle for knocking his bars and sending him down. Happened really fast and looked bad from my view. I hope you are ok.

No worries mate, i happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Appreciate the apology nevertheless =)

Sweet footage!

all4A50s
8th April 2010, 07:38
Had a blast, still recovering. By the time I had loaded on Sun I was ready to fall over and would have last much longer, hense me leaving wuhtout having a drinkj. Much thanks to the organsers for the fun and event smoothness. And thanks to Fish for dropping off the certificate.