PDA

View Full Version : Genie passed Step One!

Genie
27th November 2009, 05:38
hehehe, yesterday i did the very cool basic handling skills test and passed with some lovely compliments on my riding style. I'm still so pumped and excited! just like a big kid! gong into to book the licence this morning, don't think i'll get in before Christmas but if i do then that will be fantastic!

Received a lovely email from my instructor - Karel Pavich - last night, she has given me so much inspiration and really gave my confidence a boost.

I went on to do a couple of practice tests on the computer last night and well, i'm not so stupid after all! Feeling very pleased with myself.

To all the other new beginners out there, this is so much fun and i hope you all get as much enjoyment as i am, and it's only the beginning of a wonderful life of new adventures and new friends.

Mom
27th November 2009, 05:48
Feeling very pleased with myself.

To all the other new beginners out there, this is so much fun and i hope you all get as much enjoyment as i am, and it's only the beginning of a wonderful life of new adventures and new friends.

So you should be too! Congratulations, and welcome to the world of two wheels.

one fast tl1ooo
27th November 2009, 05:49
Well done.
:banana:

Genie
27th November 2009, 06:18
Thank you so much, very nice to have others share my joy, that 'know' what i'm feeling. my friends are having problems with me wanting to get a bike, think i'm mad, well mad I am, and very happy to be MAD!!:crazy:

caseye
27th November 2009, 06:42
Welcome to KB and as Mom said to the world of two wheels. It really is a blast and well worth the effort.
Good on you.

cave weta
27th November 2009, 07:57
Yay You!

reading this takes me back to when I first got my licence and parked my little 125 trailbike in the students car park at school. I felt like a celebrity as all the other kids trudged in thru the gate!:banana::lol:

That was the middle of last centuary!!!

I still get a buzz every time I wheel a bike out of the shed.

Keep us in touch with your progress

cowboyz
27th November 2009, 07:59
on ya! way to go!

crazyhorse
27th November 2009, 08:08
Congratulations - like many of us girls out there, good on you and have fun :hug:

The Everlasting
27th November 2009, 08:17
Congrats,and enjoy. Make sure you study hard,I was too cocky and went in there with little study and failed the theory test...lol!

Mudfart
27th November 2009, 08:19
Ive been riding for 300 kms now, and GOD IT FEELS GREAT. Theres no better way to travel to dreary old work. Makes you REALLY look forward to finishing work too. ;P

Genie
27th November 2009, 09:27
Hehehe, thank you...how do you find out who left you reps? just found i have some....amazing!! thanks to whoever you are xxxx

BaldingEagle
27th November 2009, 10:49
Welcome to the 1/4 litre club.

Good luck on your future adventures and if you need any help send it through we are a helpful bunch

Danae
28th November 2009, 18:35
Yay congrats! Feels good, dunnit? :2thumbsup I can go for my restricted now, just gotta practise u-turns and stuff.

nothingflash
28th November 2009, 18:41
Good stuff Genie - I remember that same feeling as well...

Quasi
28th November 2009, 18:46
well done genie - power to the girls:wari::sunny::sunny:

DJSin
28th November 2009, 18:55
Congrats, nail that test and then enjoy a summer of riding!!!

Genie
28th November 2009, 19:49
Congrats, nail that test and then enjoy a summer of riding!!!

Hey thanks.....i need to come down a bit before i go sit next bit....can't be rushing as i always cockup when i rush!!

After Christmas is fine for me. Then bike when school goes back.....let the good times roll:wari:

Genie
29th November 2009, 04:38
oooh laaa laaaa....

just had to put this here.....

http://www.prorider.co.nz/motorcycle-training-courses.php?course=7

received lovely email from Karel last night, spot the learner! Famous now!!!!

:ride:

Flip
29th November 2009, 16:27
Good on you.

Ive been riding for 30 years and your post reminded me how excited I was when I first started riding.

Genie
29th November 2009, 16:33
Good on you.

Ive been riding for 30 years and your post reminded me how excited I was when I first started riding.

good to hear.

i rode so much in my youth but haven't ridden for about 12 years....still remember that surge with a grin. was a very crazy ride down franz joseph way on a very wet day. yep, motorbiking is a thrill. i'm fortunate to be having this thrill again.

ReigN
29th November 2009, 20:19
GG!!! :woohoo: be careful out there too ;)

Genie
30th November 2009, 14:48
GG!!! :woohoo: be careful out there too ;)

cheers...sure will do...hope your journeys are going well also.