PDA

View Full Version : Front axle nylon

Henk
28th November 2009, 15:35
I'm planning on heading to Roys Hill in a couple of weeks and believe the front axle needs to be crash bunged for the track there.
I'm a bit stumped on how to go about it though, every bright idea I have seems to have some major downfall so if anyone can give me some pointers on how they have gone about it I'd appreciate it.

quallman1234
28th November 2009, 15:48
Chuck it on a lathe and drill and tap each side of it with m6 or something. Nice and easy.

Henk
28th November 2009, 15:54
Chuck it on a lathe and drill and tap each side of it with m6 or something. Nice and easy.

Think that might be the answer, Time to go and hassle a friend who has access to such machinery.

quallman1234
28th November 2009, 15:56
Think that might be the answer, Time to go and hassle a friend who has access to such machinery.

Koba's idea :sunny:.

If your really good with a center punch and have a hand held drill you could probably do it yourself. But with the lathe it is a bunch easier.

Henk
28th November 2009, 16:03
Think I'll let someone with a clue and some machinery do it. To quote the guy that will end doing the work "Call me before you start, when you try and screw it up and I have to fix it, it takes three times as long as if I'd done it myself to start with"