PDA

View Full Version : Kriega order out of the UK

jam mad
29th November 2009, 08:55
hi all,

i'm about to order myself a kriega US20 for my new SV650... i thought i'd check if anyone else here would like to hop in on my order to share postage and packing.

take a look at www.kriega.com

if you haven't heard of them, they make pretty much the best watertight soft luggage there is. certainly better than the crap givi soft panniers i bought a few months ago that fell apart. they don't fit my SV anyway.

it would work like this i reckon: you tell me what you want, i work out how much it will cost factoring in a guesstimate exchange rate, you direct debit me the money (i'll let you know my address too), i order the gear, i check my credit card to ensure i guessed the exchange rate right, then you can pick up the gear from my central auckland office.

i'll let you know how much i get charged on my credit card, if i get the exchange rate wrong then we'll correct any relevant amount when you pick up your stuff from me (which may also involve me paying you a bit back if it's in your favour)

i'm going to be ordering this week, so email me on james@ww.co.nz if you're interested. you'll have 24 hours to direct debit me the money from the time i work out how much it'll be.

please don't email me asking if i can send stuff outside auckland as it's too much hassle; i'm not a mail order business after all ! :msn-wink:

cheers, jm

The Pastor
29th November 2009, 09:17
hey those products look really good

merlin
29th November 2009, 15:36
Jesus!...Looks like awesome gear!

I'd be keen for one of the packs, the problem is that I live in Wellington and as you're not keen to pass on outside of Auckland, I'll have to pass dude. I don't have any contacts in Auckland unfortunately...

Thanks

Merlin

Geeman
29th November 2009, 16:31
Any reason why you're not ordering from the Australian agent?

I ordered a US20 from them a few weeks ago and very happy with the service and product.

Will be ordering the adaptor to use it as a tankbag and one of their backpacks as well soon - great gear, awesome quality (although the US20 is pretty small - I had to travel pretty light and using the US20 with 2 US10's would be sooo much better.)

RavenR44
29th November 2009, 16:55
Any reason why you're not ordering from the Australian agent?

Agree. Gotta be cheaper via Oz as well, given the shipping distance.

Cool gear. I didn't notice any shortfall in the range from the Aussie distributor either.

jam mad
1st December 2009, 20:47
err oh.. thanks ! i didn't know they had an ozzie agent, i'll get onto them instead. i've just checked though; with postage and packing you pay within NZ$3 of the same price by ordering from AU vs GB... but what with ordering locally being better for the environment and the local region's economy, i'll get it from oz as you chaps suggest. so you can recommend the US20 geeman ? i need something to carry my lunch, trousers and other sundry crap on my commute.

stu_dog
1st December 2009, 22:20
I have the US20 and 3x US10,s. I have the tank bag accessory that can carry the US10 or US20 (defiantly worth it). Amazing build quality and 100% water proof. I purchased mine from the Oz agent and was very impressed with the prompt service (and upon delivery the amount of postage stamps on the box!!). Dare I say,, more versatile than the ventura system,, and not bike specific if you trade up every few years.
You will be very happy with your purchase!!

Geeman
2nd December 2009, 17:56
Yup, definitely recommend the US20 - only two drawbacks that I can think of - the roll top closure isn't all that fast to open and close (obviously I guess) and if using it for commuting I would take the straps off the bike (which on mine involves popping the pillion seat off) so that they don't hang free and possibly scratch the paint (which is not a problem when they are clipped to the bag).

Have read excellent reports on their packs - just can decide between the R25 or R35...