PDA

View Full Version : Soo sprung .... Doh doh!!

chazzledazzle
29th November 2009, 09:06
:doh:I'm a L PL8A - have been clocking up skills on the H.Coast - had to get bike over to CBD for a service. Chose a quiet Sunday morning, early, L plate secured, hidious fluro top on, decided to get on m.way at Onewa Domain :ride: (least amount of motorway) - just as i got to the point where lane changes to on-ramp, and i spotted a cop-on-a-bike -:nono: could NOT BELIEVE IT! :whistle: Had to go ahead, I'm thinking :Oi: :Police: (****, ok, here we go, $120? $120? more?) Followed me ALL the way across sitting about 50mtres behind (was windy too - doing 80/86kph ish)!! Coulda pulled me over etc. etc. :argue:but rode on ahead and i turned off at St Marys Bay Rd - P.H.E.W. 1 way to get the adrenolin apumpin!!:clap: (* no other vehicles within koo-wee in my lane or the one the copa was in eithers) ...

FJRider
29th November 2009, 09:12
you weren't that far over the limit to be worth the hassle of stopping you. The doughnut shop was open anyways ...

chazzledazzle
29th November 2009, 09:35
I was just lucky he decided not to though ... :niceone:

Dean
29th November 2009, 10:58
r u on the hibiscus coast? your a teen right....... I think ive seen you around these parts. If you need any help on slow speed stuff give me a pm yeah. yoza

p.dath
29th November 2009, 11:10
If your on the "shore", try coming along to a free NASS session on Wednesday nights.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/North_Auckland_Street_Skills

CookMySock
29th November 2009, 11:14
BAHAHAHA made ya sweat!!! LOL.

edit: He will be followin ya just to make sure you aren't wobbling like a fool. Obviously he was happy with your skill level, or else he would have hauled you over somewhere and gave ya a wee speakin' too.

Steve

paddy
29th November 2009, 11:22
:doh:I'm a L PL8A - have been clocking up skills on the H.Coast - had to get bike over to CBD for a service. Chose a quiet Sunday morning, early, L plate secured, hidious fluro top on, decided to get on m.way at Onewa Domain :ride: (least amount of motorway) - just as i got to the point where lane changes to on-ramp, and i spotted a cop-on-a-bike -:nono: could NOT BELIEVE IT! :whistle: Had to go ahead, I'm thinking :Oi: :Police: (****, ok, here we go, $120? $120? more?) Followed me ALL the way across sitting about 50mtres behind (was windy too - doing 80/86kph ish)!! Coulda pulled me over etc. etc. :argue:but rode on ahead and i turned off at St Marys Bay Rd - P.H.E.W. 1 way to get the adrenolin apumpin!!:clap: (* no other vehicles within koo-wee in my lane or the one the copa was in eithers) ...

Just for you future reference the fine for a learner exceeding 70 KM/H is $400. Doesn't matter how much you were exceeding it by (unless you also exceed 100 KM/H then you can probably get a ticket for that too). That's not to mention the 25 demerits.

I have mine in court at the moment...

paddy
29th November 2009, 11:24
Obviously he was happy with your skill level, or else he would have hauled you over somewhere and gave ya a wee speakin' too.

Not necessarily, I was complimented on my riding. Indicating for three seconds, head checks before merging, etcetera. Still got ticketed. Indeed the officer had gall to suggest that had I not displayed my L plate he would never had stopped me (and furthermore that he generally uses his discretion and does not ticket learners for not displaying an L plate).

paddy
29th November 2009, 11:25
r u on the hibiscus coast? your a teen right....... I think ive seen you around these parts. If you need any help on slow speed stuff give me a pm yeah. yoza

Just checking - you do mean BIKE riding?

paddy
29th November 2009, 11:28
Looks like you know Clean_up from your friendlist? I studied with him. I didn't realise he was riding until I ran into him at the Bikeoi. I ride into/out-off the city everyday if you want someone to follow. I generally ride like a granny so no worries there. I think MadDuck also offered to ride with you - I'd seriously consider taking that offer up.

CookMySock
29th November 2009, 11:29
Not necessarily, I was complimented on my riding. Indicating for three seconds, head checks before merging, etcetera. Still got ticketed. Indeed the officer had gall to suggest that had I not displayed my L plate he would never had stopped me (and furthermore that he generally uses his discretion and does not ticket learners for not displaying an L plate).Thats just plain mean and nasty of him to have said that. I'd have a word to his boss about that - thats absurd statement for him to have made.

Steve

paddy
29th November 2009, 11:34
Thats just plain mean and nasty of him to have said that. I'd have a word to his boss about that - thats absurd statement for him to have made.

Steve

As I mentioned, I have taken it to court which is proving to be a process in endurance. Once I have a solid outcome (regardless as to the direction) I will write the whole thing up for others to learn from. At this stage though I am not writing terribly much as I do not want to prejudice the case at all.

chazzledazzle
29th November 2009, 19:55
Hah - teen schmeen - that was a 'few' years back ... I was riding around Manly ...:blink:

Dean
29th November 2009, 22:05
Hah - teen schmeen - that was a 'few' years back ... I was riding around Manly ...:blink:

Hmmm this is irrelevant to this thread but do you have a son who goes/went to wgp college year13? .............................:Oops:.......... :sweatdrop:

Patrick
30th November 2009, 10:24
BAHAHAHA made ya sweat!!! LOL.

edit: He will be followin ya just to make sure you aren't wobbling like a fool. Obviously he was happy with your skill level, or else he would have hauled you over somewhere and gave ya a wee speakin' too.

Steve

Don't attract attention to oneself....

Not necessarily, I was complimented on my riding. Indicating for three seconds, head checks before merging, etcetera. Still got ticketed. Indeed the officer had gall to suggest that had I not displayed my L plate he would never had stopped me (and furthermore that he generally uses his discretion and does not ticket learners for not displaying an L plate).

Thats just plain mean and nasty of him to have said that. I'd have a word to his boss about that - thats absurd statement for him to have made.

Steve

Plain mean all right. Just plain wrong too.....

Stopped for nothing other than the L plate, which if you didn't have, he wouldn't have stopped you or just warned you for anyway.... What a blardy knuckle.

chazzledazzle
30th November 2009, 18:17
Nup - i have no dependents - not i - ;)

Dean
30th November 2009, 21:00
Sorry for bringing your thread into rant n rave chazzledazzle I should of just pmed you the questions, my fault.

...am I supposed to be getting a sign/hint

DMCD
1st December 2009, 10:50

I got pulled over for doing a head check once oh and speeding but he said he wasn't going to pull me over since I wasn't going that fast until I "turned around and looked at him then tried to get away" i.e. a head check before I changed lanes.