PDA

View Full Version : Happy

KS34
29th November 2009, 17:37
Last week the bike was up at CKT (I didnt realise how many people visit that place I know at least 3 people I know saw her up there) and they did some great work to the frontend so I was itching to get up to Manfield on friday to test it out. Before I did I cleaned the bike!
Got up there and there was a small but good group of the normal suspects there for the day.

Got on track and felt really good had a used set of Pirelli slicks on but the bike was great. RT had told me I would be able to brake later with the new frontend and indeed I could although it did come with some interesting moments and some pretty good stoppies into the 1st corner. My biggest first impression though was the corner speed the thing has now...WOW.

Anyway on the second out TonyOK came passed me and I tried briefly to hang onto him and managed a PB of 1:14.2 which felt quiet easy so started to expect a 13 but alas as the day wore on it wasnt to be and I fell into my bad habits again with my braking style or lack of it.

At the end of the day I was happy, good company for the day got a PB and now have clear goals to get to an 11 if I can start doing what I know i should be doing.

Thanks to CKT for the frontend work, Pirelli for great tyres and Martin, Pat and the team at Motomart for helping me out. By the way there will be more reports and info about what the Kapiti Ken Racing team is doing soon (how exciting!) And Dave go easy on the wildlife bro!

Biggles08
29th November 2009, 17:48
Last week the bike was up at CKT (I didnt realise how many people visit that place I know at least 3 people I know saw her up there) and they did some great work to the frontend so I was itching to get up to Manfield on friday to test it out. Before I did I cleaned the bike!
Got up there and there was a small but good group of the normal suspects there for the day.

Got on track and felt really good had a used set of Pirelli slicks on but the bike was great. RT had told me I would be able to brake later with the new frontend and indeed I could although it did come with some interesting moments and some pretty good stoppies into the 1st corner. My biggest first impression though was the corner speed the thing has now...WOW.

Anyway on the second out TonyOK came passed me and I tried briefly to hang onto him and managed a PB of 1:14.2 which felt quiet easy so started to expect a 13 but alas as the day wore on it wasnt to be and I fell into my bad habits again with my braking style or lack of it.

At the end of the day I was happy, good company for the day got a PB and now have clear goals to get to an 11 if I can start doing what I know i should be doing.

Thanks to CKT for the frontend work, Pirelli for great tyres and Martin, Pat and the team at Motomart for helping me out. By the way there will be more reports and info about what the Kapiti Ken Racing team is doing soon (how exciting!) And Dave go easy on the wildlife bro!

1:14's....got to keep an eye on you! ;)

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Pussy
29th November 2009, 19:07
Before I did I cleaned the bike!

When I saw it, it didn't look like it had seen any detergent for a while!.... :D

KS34
29th November 2009, 19:21
Ha Ha I know! It was a last minute call to send it up with one of our boys and I've been doing some gib and building work in the garage:Oops: she has had some love now and a new paint job booked in this week.

Pussy
29th November 2009, 19:26
Ha Ha I know! It was a last minute call to send it up with one of our boys and I've been doing some gib and building work in the garage:Oops: she has had some love now and a new paint job booked in this week.

Good!
That Ohlins stuff in the forks makes the sem fiddy front end bloody primo, eh? :)

KS34
29th November 2009, 19:53
Rock solid, she is :first: