PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

mad.mike
29th November 2009, 23:34
Need advice on fixing this before 8:30am. Booked in for a wof and had nothing but problems with the bike all weekend.

Indicators died so forked out $70 for them then riding home just now and the bloody mirror falls off! Anyone got a mirror that will fit a Kawasaki Balius '91 or some ideas to fix my problem, even temporary ones for the wof?

Slyer
29th November 2009, 23:48
Do you have two mirrors? If so, just remove the one that is broken off. You only need a single mirror to pass WOF if I recall correctly.

Toot Toot
30th November 2009, 00:15
Do you have two mirrors? If so, just remove the one that is broken off. You only need a single mirror to pass WOF if I recall correctly.
You are right, but needs to be the right side IIRC?

mad.mike
30th November 2009, 00:22

Unfortunately I only have one mirror.

Katman
30th November 2009, 07:52
One mirror is fine for the WOF.

It doesn't matter what side it's on.

crazyhorse
30th November 2009, 08:08
So??? Did you manage to get the warrant ok??

Devil
30th November 2009, 08:30
Replacement mirrors are easy to get for the balius by the way. They're a common fitment. Most bike shops will have the 'EMGO' range. Cheap, but they'll solve your problem.

mad.mike
30th November 2009, 20:58
Replacement mirrors are easy to get for the balius by the way. They're a common fitment. Most bike shops will have the 'EMGO' range. Cheap, but they'll solve your problem.

Yeah, got to the bike shop and discoverd this... $30 and hey presto.

So??? Did you manage to get the warrant ok??

I will have it tommorow...had to get in new rear pads.
How long do you guys recon this will take to fit? Bike shop quoted me $250 all up including wof and mirror at $30 each, $55 for pads plus fitting and a headlight bulb which mysteriously blew between home and the shop. This works out to be $130ish for labour. Does this seem about right?

p.dath
30th November 2009, 21:23
You don't seem to be having much luck with that bike do you mad.mike. :)

mad.mike
30th November 2009, 21:31
You don't seem to be having much luck with that bike do you mad.mike. :)

:sweatdrop Most of the time its fine was wicked on my impromptu trip aroun the middle of the island a few weeks ago.... lol did find another thing this morning though. Got a crack in my coolant tank now hopefully it'l be an easy fix with a visit to the plastic welder.

p.dath
30th November 2009, 21:34
Have you looked at the cost of all the repairs versus trading it in on something else?

hayd3n
30th November 2009, 21:36
bulb and pads easy fit ,look for a youtube vid on how to fit mc pads

mad.mike
30th November 2009, 21:41
Have you looked at the cost of all the repairs versus trading it in on something else?

Rough idea would be around $500-$600 I have spent on it. Cost me $3300 from the dealer and there is a couple on trademe at $3500 now with higher km's. Couldn't really afford to trade it in on something else unless I upgraded and seeing as i've only just got my 6R i'd kinda like to stay legalish for a bit

mad.mike
30th November 2009, 21:52
bulb and pads easy fit ,look for a youtube vid on how to fit mc pads

I know I did them when I changed my chain and sprockets (because the pads fell out) however they had already ordered them when they rang and had done the bulb too so I decided to leave them to it as it also meant having to get the bike back to them for a recheck. With the hours I do its not easy to find the time to do errands during the week.